CAGcast #202: The E3 2010 Not So Limited Collector's Edition

Although shipwrecks apology was awesome, from the heart, and should (and has) be met with forgiveness, I think Cheapy's new poop song audioboo was better

Been meaning to comment on this episode since it posted, but now that I've finally been able to come and read the thread, I'm a bit surprised to see so much bashing of Cheapy and Shipwreck..

I felt a little bad for Wombat as it became clear that he was really upset by the needling, but it didn't strike me as much more than the usual jibes tossed by all 3 guys in all directions. If anything, it showed me how well Cheapy knows Wombat, and knows precisely how to press his buttons. I got the impression they all had a great time together, enough to feel comfortable with taking the jabbing up a level..

Wombat, of course Cheapy really knows and likes you! Otherwise he wouldn't be able to get you riled up so expertly.. An entertaining show all around, looking forward to the next as always! Thanks guys.

[quote name='turkeycat79']leave wombat alone!!!

picture.php
[/quote]

win!

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']yeah but I cant name a single Kinect/Natal game that looks decent . also I dont want to dance infront of a camera to play a game :D[/QUOTE]Bzzzt. Wrong. The correct answer is all these motion games, Xbox, PS3, and Wii, are not for us.

[quote name='aclayton']I'm a bit surprised to see so much bashing of Cheapy and Shipwreck..

[/QUOTE]

Why would you be surprised about the bashing of SleazyD? He is a horrible, ignorant, and crude host with no class. Every negative comment I have read is completely justified and I'm glad people are waking up to what a tool he is. Aside from being monotone I don't have an opinion on Shitwreck. I don't listen to this turdcast anymore and I don't follow him but when I used to listen he was actually knowledgeable on gaming and didn't seem to go along with sleazyD's lame shenanigans.

All in all this turdcast is nothing more than the pillow talk of an individual with an ego so large this website alone can't contain it. No one would be hurt if this turdcast faded away or into even more obscurity than it already is. I would go so far as to say that if this was not a forum-driven website neither he, nor this website, would be successful. If he had to generate the content no one would ever visit. He's just not interesting and has nothing interesting to say, add, or promote.

Because it's the users that generate the content in the form of postings about game deals he is doing nothing more than living and making a profit off of this websites community.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say, Cheapy you sir are a dick. I’m not a big Wombat fan, but he’s a valuable part of the podcast and the way you treated him last episode was disgusting. Without Wombat it would be the “I’m a dick and all I talk about is my rich apartment podcast”. All you do is bitch and moan about everything being to hard and you don’t give most games a chance because they require to much thought or God forbid some effort to play.

So be thankful for Wombat and Shipwreck too, because without them any real credit that your podcast has will be lost, and the listeners will be left, listening to a giant dick like looking man with caterpillar eyebrows that is to lazy or to retarded to play any games that require more then button mashing to play…

It made me to the point now I won't use the website to save money or order from any links.. just so I don't support you ..

[quote name='snargles']I must say, Cheapy you sir are a dick. I’m not a big Wombat fan, but he’s a valuable part of the podcast and the way you treated him last episode was disgusting. Without Wombat it would be the “I’m a dick and all I talk about is my rich apartment podcast”. All you do is bitch and moan about everything being to hard and you don’t give most games a chance because they require to much thought or God forbid some effort to play.

So be thankful for Wombat and Shipwreck too, because without them any real credit that your podcast has will be lost, and the listeners will be left, listening to a giant dick like looking man with caterpillar eyebrows that is to lazy or to retarded to play any games that require more then button mashing to play…[/QUOTE]

Whoa, that's pretty harse. I'm careful not to bite the hand that feeds us lol. I do get annoyed how easily the guys dismiss games on the podcast, Demon Souls, being one. Seems like there are a very tiny select few games that Cheapy really gets excited about. It is still the best VG podcast out there, IMO.

I don't know why everyone is giving cheapy and shipwreck a hard time. All they did was call Wombat out for completely obnoxious behavior. Perhaps they did it in hopes that he will curb such behavior in order to make him more tolerable next time. I have always assumed Wombat was an annoying douche, this podcast confirms it. Thank you for your honesty, guys!

Terrible chemistry in this podcast. I was really looking forward to this and it was painful to listen to. I had to stop listening.

CAG is the podcast I look forward to the most for my 1hr commute each day, and this was truly disappointing. At least Giant Bomb put out enough content to get me through the week, and it isn't full of infighting and down-putting comments.

What podcast were most of you listening to? Having read some of the comments here before listening to the podcast, I was expecting a verbal beat down of Wombat by CheapyD and Shipwreck. Some of you made it seem like the verbal abuse was so bad as to have Wombat on the edge of tears. Talk about a letdown. Nothing in the podcast I heard sounded malicious or horribly egregious. It sounded like Wombat did some things at E3 that embarrassed or ticked off CheapyD, and CheapyD implied that the trip was not as fun because of it. Could he have expressed it a different way or not brought it up altogether? Of course. But he didn't do it maliciously, and Wombat is way too sensitive if he thought otherwise.

[quote name='snargles']I must say, Cheapy you sir are a dick. I’m not a big Wombat fan, but he’s a valuable part of the podcast and the way you treated him last episode was disgusting. Without Wombat it would be the “I’m a dick and all I talk about is my rich apartment podcast”. All you do is bitch and moan about everything being to hard and you don’t give most games a chance because they require to much thought or God forbid some effort to play.

So be thankful for Wombat and Shipwreck too, because without them any real credit that your podcast has will be lost, and the listeners will be left, listening to a giant dick like looking man with caterpillar eyebrows that is to lazy or to retarded to play any games that require more then button mashing to play…[/QUOTE]

Harsh, but I laughed at your comment. I did feel sorry for Wombat at one point. Cheapy kind of dissing him for eating off of his plate.....this from a man that is impressed with his own shitting abilities?

I listened to the audioboos first then the e3 section. then the typical cagcast.

I didn't think that "it" could have been as bad as some comments made it to be or that led to twitter apologies.

the beginning started off fine. I had thought the "not really knowing Womabt" part was what many were referring to. There was barely much during the show...However toward the end of the podcast (the regular podcast not the extra junk) Cheapy was just piling on the douchebag-ness. Shipwreck wasn't that bad. I think he was just genuinely adding on to Cheapy's comments and taking it jokingly. It's weird since it is usually Wombat attacking Shipwreck which sounds actually mean spirited at times; Shipwreck didn't seem to purposely hurt Wombat, just merely state what actually happened (taking a fry, being a bit loud etc)

with this cagcast, imo Cheapy clearly moves past Wombat (his comments in general can be annoying) in the douchebag category. Shipwreck seems to be that guy that just fits in. Also not surprised to hear how he tried to steer the conversion in the right direction multiple times.

oh and :rofl:at the comments made by snargles. also read his others for past cagcasts

I wouldn't be surprised if this weeks show is the clip show, with Cheapy using a bunch of clips that highlight the fact that he likes Wombat or something like that, in order to get back into everyones good graces!

Hey guys! Long time CAG member and CAGcast listener, first time poster.

Good stuff hearing about E3. I must say that Wombat is super cool, and while I don't mind you guys calling him out on dumb obnoxious behavior (cell phone calls in a conference would bug me too), telling someone that you don't know them well after five years, shooting them down and telling em it was merely 'alright' that they were there, I'm just thinking: not cool.

Especially considering Wombat sacrificed more than you other two guys to be there, what with his whole job situation. I unlike others enjoy CheapyD and think he's a fun listen, but I do agree that the CAGcast needs Wombat. Also, Wombat had some stuff to say about the E3 news coming from his perspective that I really enjoyed. We should have a Wombat appreciation CAGcast, IMO.

On another note: I feel like you guys are slowly giving out your spouses real names... I've been listening for about a year and I think this was the first episode I heard Mrs. Wombat's real name, I think it was Laura? And Shipwreck referred to Mrs. Shipwreck as Gretchen a bunch of times. After a year of calling them Mrs Wombat and Mrs Shipwreck...hmm... is there going to be some sort of CAG giveaway that requires us to submit all the spouses names after a CAGcast easter egg hunt? NEXT: The coveted Mrs. Cheapy!

[quote name='wayno187']I don't know why everyone is giving cheapy and shipwreck a hard time. All they did was call Wombat out for completely obnoxious behavior. Perhaps they did it in hopes that he will curb such behavior in order to make him more tolerable next time. I have always assumed Wombat was an annoying douche, this podcast confirms it. Thank you for your honesty, guys![/QUOTE]

damn man some of you really dont get it do you ? if wombats behavior was a problem he should have told him then and there at e3 instead of the 2 of them ambushing him on a podcast for everyone to hear. thats the kind of shit you tell someone alone and on top of that there were other instances where wombat was left out of things or made to feel like a 3rd wheel. friends dont treat friends that way and if someone is your friend and they do shit you dont like take them to the side and tell them.

more than that i think what most people are annoyed by his cheapy saying he wasnt that close to wombat or didnt now him that well. that was extremely harsh especially after someone opens up and says the best part of an event was hanging out with 2 people he considers to be his friends.

Long time listener, first-time commenter.

Prolly done with the cagcast, definitely done with using CheapyDouche's affiliate links.

The problem with Cheapy with the podcast is once anyone has listened to a few episodes you know EXACTLY what Cheapy is going to think of any one game, he likes shooters after shooters and most other things he doesn't even give a chance. Thats fine if its his preferences but it makes for boring game discussions on a podcast, Wombat and Shipwreck have an open mind and try games and play games for being fun unlike Cheapy who plays to shoot people apparently with the rare occasional exception. Its especially annoying since cheapy feels that if he doesn't care about it its not worth talking about it.

I like Cheapy's voice and he can tell entertaining stories, but his stories are hit or miss. And he talks way too much about Tai, yeah I perfectly understand he's proud to be a father and loves his son but the rest of the world really doesn't care to listen to most of the Tai stories, he's not OUR son. I really wish he'd cut that out. Wombat has a better balance and doesn't really bring Sabrina up too much, Cheapy mentions Tai in every episode.

Also Cheapy has an unhealthy obsession with Howard Stern, he mentions him every few episodes for one reason or another, quoting him or using examples from Howard Stern way too often, it gets a bit creepy. Not only that Cheapy definitely tries to be like Howard Stern, I guess he wants to be the Stern of videogame podcasts but you are not.

I mean shipwrecks faults are just that he can be kind of dull at times and not funny enough. And Wombats humor is very hit or miss and he can say a lot of annoying stuff. Cheapy definitely has more faults than the other two hosts.

This was a pretty disappointing show. Sounds like Wombat was at times irritating during the E3, and this caused Cheapy and Ship to gang up on him. These things happen, but Wombat should recognize that he was possibly inconsiderate at times. Cheapy needs to apologize in my opinion. Good on Ship for beating him to it. Obviously the show is horrible when two hosts completely bag on the third. A total bummer to listen to, and it didn't seem like Wombat did anything so egregious to deserve this terrible treatment. Seems like there is a lot of tension lately. I hope you guys can get back on track with your friendship and the show.

Lost amid all of the hand wringing over the last 300 comments or so was the scoop of E3, broken by Wombat and Ship.

TOO HUMAN SEQUEL IS COMING. YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!

[quote name='CLICKCLICK']Long time listener, first-time commenter.

Prolly done with the cagcast, definitely done with using CheapyDouche's affiliate links.[/QUOTE]

I am not using this sites affiliate links either.

Wombat is the one that got me listening to this show and using the links here. He went on the Joystiq podcast last fourth of July and was really funny. That made me track down this website to hear more of him. Before I would just use slickdeals for game shopping. They actually have more gaming deals than here and are faster posting them. But since Wombat turned me on to this site I have been using the links here to support cheapassgamer. Wombat deserves all the credit for that. Just sayin.

Yeah I've always thought Wombat should get paid for being in the podcast by cheapy. But hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Cheapy takes a cut off the godaddy ads even if he already makes more than enough money from his website instead of just splitting the money between wombat/ship.

been listening during my commutes, and I'm still not done with this episode! keep it up guys, great stuff, especially when you 3 are in the same room talking. should do it every E3!

Something you guys should talk about? What about why Cheapy is such a dick. The whole "I live in japan, in a rich apartment, oooo Tokyo Tower.. oh I smoke pot and try to act like Stern" is getting old. A lot of us are upset because of the last show. At least you apologized, but Cheapy.. he's to good for that. Oh, wait he did post some lame little one line on twitter. WTF?

I stopped listening for awhile but then when Ship came on I started up. I don't have a lot of love for Wombat, but what Cheapy did was retarded.. just planing drooling, hateful, helmet wearing retarded. I'm sure we are going to get some lame excuse and how Cheapy didn't mean it, or the best is when Cheapy doesn't think he did anything wrong. Shave those dame eye brows and open your eyes Cheapy.. Stop trying to be Stern! What you don't have an original thought? You have to leech off other people. For all the times I didn't agree with Wombat at least he was being himself, and i can respect that. All Cheapy does is leech off people, Wombat, Shipwreck, and us the mindless masses that use this site which makes him money.

I say no more! No more links, I'll buy right from the companies' sites..

Post "Cheapy's a Dick" if you agree…

[quote name='shipwreck']New show recording tomorrow. You guys have anything you want us to talk about?[/QUOTE]

How about gaming deals for once, you know, the only reason this site exists?

[quote name='snargles']Something you guys should talk about? What about why Cheapy is such a dick. The whole "I live in japan, in a rich apartment, oooo Tokyo Tower.. oh I smoke pot and try to act like Stern" is getting old. A lot of us are upset because of the last show. At least you apologized, but Cheapy.. he's to good for that. Oh, wait he did post some lame little one line on twitter. WTF?

I stopped listening for awhile but then when Ship came on I started up. I don't have a lot of love for Wombat, but what Cheapy did was retarded.. just planing drooling, hateful, helmet wearing retarded. I'm sure we are going to get some lame excuse and how Cheapy didn't mean it, or the best is when Cheapy doesn't think he did anything wrong. Shave those dame eye brows and open your eyes Cheapy.. Stop trying to be Stern! What you don't have an original thought? You have to leech off other people. For all the times I didn't agree with Wombat at least he was being himself, and i can respect that. All Cheapy does is leech off people, Wombat, Shipwreck, and us the mindless masses that use this site which makes him money.

Post "Cheapy's a Dick" if you agree…[/QUOTE]

And here I thought I was the only one I that felt this way. It seems a lot of people do but are finally taking up the chance to say it.

[quote name='shipwreck']New show recording tomorrow. You guys have anything you want us to talk about?[/QUOTE]

Wombat reading the definition of tact in a sarcastic voice. I can submit it to the CAGbag if necessary.

do you really need to ask? lmaoooo

Well I think we all know what the next show is going to be like...

There'll be no bad blood, Wombat will get some half-assed apology by Cheapy, they'll laugh at how the thread is filled with comments about how much of an asshole he is and cheapy will comment how he does like Wombat and he was just commenting and didn't mean it in a bad way. Then the show will continue as usual and Cheapy will continue being his assholeish way for another 100 episodes.

[quote name='sdp']Well I think we all know what the next show is going to be like...

There'll be no bad blood, Wombat will get some half-assed apology by Cheapy, they'll laugh at how the thread is filled with comments about how much of an asshole he is and cheapy will comment how he does like Wombat and he was just commenting and didn't mean it in a bad way. Then the show will continue as usual and Cheapy will continue being his assholeish way for another 100 episodes.[/QUOTE]

Sadly this is what I think will happen as well. I think the only reason Cheapy will apologize is because 99.9 percent of CAG believe he came across like an insensitive asshole and his apology will be half assed.
I'm quite shocked he has not apologized in this thread as of yet. Shipwreck apologized on the first page and seemed genuinely sorry for his actions.

Cheapy for once, think about someone else besides yourself.

I can already predict what CheapyD will say.

CheapyD: The thing is, I didn't mean to offend you Wombat, i was just poking fun at you. And you didn't take it seriously, did you? But hey, you're my friend and I'M SORRAY if i offended you. Eat off my plate all you want. *laughs*

Kind of funny how the contest winners' posts will contain CheapyD bashing.

To everyone telling Wombat to grow a thicker skin, well he did a lot better than I expected, I would have just the show midway through. The fact that he stuck out until the end says a lot about the guy's character.

[quote name='snargles']Something you guys should talk about? What about why Cheapy is such a dick. The whole "I live in japan, in a rich apartment, oooo Tokyo Tower.. oh I smoke pot and try to act like Stern" is getting old. A lot of us are upset because of the last show. At least you apologized, but Cheapy.. he's to good for that. Oh, wait he did post some lame little one line on twitter. WTF?

Post "Cheapy's a Dick" if you agree…[/QUOTE]

speaking about howard stern didnt cheapy get jealous of wombat that time they went on his show? as i recall womat stepped up and talked and joked with the people while cheapy froze up like a whore at a baptism. and he plugged their show and site while cheapy forgot.

Cheapy rules! Everybody needs to change their tampon and quit crying!

BTW - During cheapy's appearance on Stern, he behaved accordingly. Howard doesn't usually tolerate that crap from "sit-in" guests. He actually made a joke about stewart needing to keep it down so he could finish the show, because he kept butting in. It turned out well, but I'm sure Cheapy was rolling his eyes at the time.

LOL, I knew it, look at everyone kissing wombat's ass. I'll be honest, I got a hard-on listening to cheapy and shipwreck bash on wombat. seriously... if that really hurt your feelings wombat, then you haven't seen tragedy in your life. I can tell that your the kind of person that I wouldn't get along with, and the reality of the situation, is that shipwreck and cheapy feel the same way. Nobody likes a smart ass, and nobody likes a nag. Wombat your both of those things. You really should have taken a puff when cheapy offered at E3. It might have opened some perspective on your life. Oh well, be misserable. (time to lube up and listen to wombat get roasted again, oh how I love it.)

Still only 2/3rds thru the podcast but I must say Cheapy and Ship teaming up and calling out Wombat's annoying quirks and eventually stomping on Wombat's heart was pretty hilarious. Also during the E3 segment Cheapy's primary mood seemed to be: "Oh my god, what am I doing in the room with these dorks?"

[quote name='blacksanta87']LOL, I knew it, look at everyone kissing wombat's ass. I'll be honest, I got a hard-on listening to cheapy and shipwreck bash on wombat. seriously... if that really hurt your feelings wombat, then you haven't seen tragedy in your life. I can tell that your the kind of person that I wouldn't get along with, and the reality of the situation, is that shipwreck and cheapy feel the same way. Nobody likes a smart ass, and nobody likes a nag. Wombat your both of those things. You really should have taken a puff when cheapy offered at E3. It might have opened some perspective on your life. Oh well, be misserable. (time to lube up and listen to wombat get roasted again, oh how I love it.)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, now Cheapy and Ship will feel guilted into being nice to him. I think thats how we ended up with "Wombat's News and Stuff", because Wombat was whining about not having enough spotlight on the show and Cheapy felt bad. I hope this doesn't mean were gonna have to put up w/ even more Wombat.

First time I've listened to a CAGCast.. and probably the last. Thanks for the complete disappointment.

Cheapy - "Did I smoke more weed this year or last year?"

No thanks.

[quote name='Denzalo']First time I've listened to a CAGCast.. and probably the last. Thanks for the complete disappointment.

Cheapy - "Did I smoke more weed this year or last year?"

No thanks.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, using this week's show as a barometer of CAGcast quality is kind of like flying on Sept. 11, 2001 to formulate your opinion of air travel. This was a singular disaster.

And while the show frequently strays from the topic of video games, weed is only really mentioned during E3 since that's apparently the only time Cheapy has access to it.

[quote name='lokizz']speaking about howard stern didnt cheapy get jealous of wombat that time they went on his show? as i recall womat stepped up and talked and joked with the people while cheapy froze up like a whore at a baptism. and he plugged their show and site while cheapy forgot.[/QUOTE]

Actually the show was not plugged, only the website and it was done by cheapy, however he did seem jealous that wombat got a lot more air-time

[quote name='Swoxx']Actually the show was not plugged, only the website and it was done by cheapy, however he did seem jealous that wombat got a lot more air-time[/QUOTE]

Cheapy appears to be much more in awe of and respectful of celebrity in general than Wombat, probably because he not-so-secretly wishes to command that kind of awe and respect himself. Wombat seems to view famous people as just that -- people -- and treats them accordingly. Thus, actually having a conversation with Stern and jesting with Major Nelson about the "vagina clown" comment are no big deal, whereas to Cheapy such behavior is taboo. That obviously leads to some tension, especially at an event like E3 where they would regularly be coming into contact with celebrities (mostly of the Internet variety).

I tend to side with Wombat. Celebrities are just people. And in my experience, they appreciate you more and feel more respected when you treat them as such. Talk to them. Don't worship them.

[quote name='Tybee']Cheapy appears to be much more in awe of and respectful of celebrity in general than Wombat, probably because he not-so-secretly wishes to command that kind of awe and respect himself. Wombat seems to view famous people as just that -- people -- and treats them accordingly. Thus, actually having a conversation with Stern and jesting with Major Nelson about the "vagina clown" comment are no big deal, whereas to Cheapy such behavior is taboo. That obviously leads to some tension, especially at an event like E3 where they would regularly be coming into contact with celebrities (mostly of the Internet variety).

I tend to side with Wombat. Celebrities are just people. And in my experience, they appreciate you more and feel more respected when you treat them as such. Talk to them. Don't worship them.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, sir

[quote name='Tybee']Cheapy appears to be much more in awe of and respectful of celebrity in general than Wombat, probably because he not-so-secretly wishes to command that kind of awe and respect himself. Wombat seems to view famous people as just that -- people -- and treats them accordingly. Thus, actually having a conversation with Stern and jesting with Major Nelson about the "vagina clown" comment are no big deal, whereas to Cheapy such behavior is taboo. That obviously leads to some tension, especially at an event like E3 where they would regularly be coming into contact with celebrities (mostly of the Internet variety).

I tend to side with Wombat. Celebrities are just people. And in my experience, they appreciate you more and feel more respected when you treat them as such. Talk to them. Don't worship them.[/QUOTE]
Truth. Reject false idols.

Wow, so Wombat makes a sacrifice to attend E3, leaving all his work responsibilities and you guys just treat him like crap. It started off with some small jabs from Cheapy and Ship, but Cheapy just took it to another level, not even realizing he was being a jerk. If I were Wombat, I don't know if I'd want to go again to be with my "friends".

I totally agree with Wombat about getting more than what you paid for. I think Cheapy forgot he created the site CHEAPassgamer. Why shouldn't he be able to take the free stuff, it's his first E3 and should take what he wants. It's not like he's getting a bunch of free review copies or free 360's.

[quote name='ZombieJeebus']

TOO HUMAN SEQUEL IS COMING. YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH![/QUOTE]Yeah I need some confirmation from Ship and Wombat that they weren't just fucking with us with that one.

bread's done
Back