CAGcast #238: Compromised

Loved the humor of a Best Buy guy selling virus software on the Ipad2, wow. Also, there is nothing wrong with the big tits from Mortal Kombat. I think Dead or Alive is most guilty of this and I don't find MK as bad. I thought you'd be much harder on the PSN network issues. The xbox failure was much more in my opinion then an overload of customers, that is BS in my opinion to put a positive spin, saying they have so many customers.

Help us out in uk please can we have a fresh working link to full version, all versions out there are the 24 min version arghhhhhhh :applause:

[quote name='shipwreck']Try redownloading. It's an issue with the hosting site. Just depends on what server it grabs the file from.[/QUOTE]

That

Okay for people in the Uk who can't download the full thing. Use hotspot shield (google it) Works like a charm! Quick and Easy. Also it means you can watch Hulu in the UK. Useful for cheapyD trying to watch American TV in Japan?

[quote name='MattJ1991']I can vouch for this, Best Buy is a pretty good store in Canada.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty good in Delaware, too. Every one I've ever been into has a huge videogame section, and I've bought stuff like freezers and DVD players there, too.

I get most of my games from Amazon now, but my wife and I went to my local BB last night to pick up Toy Story 3 for the 360 since the $29.99 price was only $2 more than Amazon and it was enough to qualify her for another $10 Reward Zone certificate thru their Gamers Club. I bought Vanquish at Best Buy for the same reason back in February.

Best Buy blows. They changed their name internally to Worst Buy and made bets amongst themselves (in the form of bonuses) on how long they could ride it out before their customers discovered this for themselves.

In a sign of the times, My bro-in-law sent me an Amazon gift card for half-xmas this year instead of a Best Buy gift card. That ended their streak of 10 years or so of Best Buy gift cards. The last few which I spent trying to turn the BB gift card into an Amazon card.

I guess the lesson learned is if you try hard enough then wishes do come true.

I think i have said this before but it warrants repeating:

The main reason the 3DS is not selling, in my humble opinion, is the extremely high price tag. Despite having a decent sized adult fanbase, it is essentially a kid's gaming machine (disagree? most kids under the age of 10 have some sort of nintendo handheld. . . most adults do not). I just don't see too many parents wanting to shell out $250 for a hand held gaming devise for their 7 year old.

Can only listen to the first 24 minutes, and yes I have re-downloaded the file many times and this has not solved the problem. :(

Can't download the full show either. I'm in Iceland. Show is only 24 minutes and 14mb size both on iTunes and there on CAG. Tried downloading and deleting multiple times.

[quote name='shipwreck']Come over and configure my PS3 for me. Is there a setting that I can click to have it download as fast as my Wii, 360, iMac, MacBook, iPad, iPhone, Kindle, Apple TV, or any other Wifi device in my house? There's obviously a disconnect somewhere as the PS3 is the only device in my house that is noticeably slower than everything else.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happens to me. I've even stopped wifi with the ps3 and have a cable going directly in. It's still sloooow.

Good show! Can somebody photoshop Cheapy, Ship and Wombat as the What's Happening crew? Raj, Rerun and Dwayne? Make it happen!

key-art-whats-happening.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
erm this 24 minute show is beyond a joke now, womhat fix it ffs man uk people are getting pissed, dont just say redownload it you lazy word mouth.

ok uk people just use that hotspot shield and downlaod/listen as you would normally, a right fuk on, hopefully they fix it for next time jeesh

I saw that Paul McCartney is Really Dead film. It's hilarious that I've seen it get negative reviews from people taking the inaccuracies seriously.

Fastfood with bulletproof drivethroughs are the best! When people used to visit me in college I'd be sure to take them to one as part of my 'campus tour' since I'm from a quiet suburb and nobody here could imagine them.

They work like bank tellers.. slide out a tray where you put the money, and they slide out the food all the while behind their bulletproof window.

I miss them.

I am not going to read all 67 comments because their is a lot of feedback already this time.
That being said, Florida has one of the lowest obesity rates in the nation. California Arizona Hawaii and 2 others are below (I don't remember which they are). So if we are fat in Florida
places like NY would have spooked John!
Note that according to "Supersize Me" Miami is the fifteenth fattest city in the nation, so for us to be that low the rest of the state is fairly thin.

[quote name='banodyne']I know Cheapy said he was off next week but I would enjoy a podcast with just Shipwreck and Wombat over no show at all.

Who agrees?[/QUOTE]

/agreed. Mebbe grab another host too. Justin McElroy? Or a visit from Mrs Shipwreck?

Also, you guys missed a prime opportunity to be the first videogame podcast with lawnmower linkage in the show notes. (Seriously, which did you get?)

[quote name='shipwreck']Come over and configure my PS3 for me. Is there a setting that I can click to have it download as fast as my Wii, 360, iMac, MacBook, iPad, iPhone, Kindle, Apple TV, or any other Wifi device in my house? There's obviously a disconnect somewhere as the PS3 is the only device in my house that is noticeably slower than everything else.[/QUOTE]

For me the PS3 downloads much faster than my 360. Odd.

[quote name='cheesycrouton']Here's short, bizarre documentary that you must watch on Netflix instant streaming: The Parking Lot Movie. Only ~70mins.[/QUOTE]My favorite documentary on Netflix is Beer Wars. Entertaining, informative, and it'll make you want a true microbrew.

[quote name='serenitygod']I am not going to read all 67 comments because their is a lot of feedback already this time.
That being said, Florida has one of the lowest obesity rates in the nation. California Arizona Hawaii and 2 others are below (I don't remember which they are). So if we are fat in Florida
places like NY would have spooked John!
Note that according to "Supersize Me" Miami is the fifteenth fattest city in the nation, so for us to be that low the rest of the state is fairly thin.[/QUOTE]

No Florida is still pretty fat. 25% obesity , ranked 39 out of 51 ( decent but there are lots around the same)

http://calorielab.com/news/2010/06/28/fattest-states-2010

tried re-downloading from iTunes, streaming from iTunes and downloading straight from cag, and it still cuts off at the same point every time... (around 23 mins)

I can't download the full file either. It just says it's on for 24 minutes and only 14mb in size.

Long time listener here (around 160 eps back or so), and I can't download the show, only get the 24 min part, because I'm in Europe and the servers that host the file that is corrupt is the only one I'm getting because it probably nets me the best speed or whatever. I dunno, I'm no techie but..

PLEASE, can someone download the show and upload it to mediafire.com or something? Anything! Please, there is alot of you people who have listened to the show, can someone of you fellow CAGs just spare 5 minutes and drag n' drop the file there, upload it, and post the URL? It would help alot of listeners.

Please, it doesn't take long and you would be doing fellow european CAG listeners a huge favor.

For anyone who still can't listen to the full show, here is a link:

CAGcast #238

I'm in the Europe zone server too, so I also got a corrupted file but I used the Hotspot Shield (thanks PiP) that was recommended earlier to get the full file . Enjoy! (It's a Dropbox link, hope that works for everybody, just thought it would be faster than trying to reupload it anywhere else.)

Show download is fine on Zune, at least when subscribed.

Thank you Cheapy for the tactics to defeat Shao Khan. I was able to dispatch him with Liu Kang pretty easily with those tactics where I struggled before and those tactics work almost as well when you face him the 2nd time
with Raiden

Once again for people who cant listen in the UK I'll post again!

Okay for people in the Uk who can't download the full thing. Use hotspot shield (google it) Works like a charm! Quick and Easy. Also it means you can watch Hulu in the UK. Useful for cheapyD trying to watch American TV in Japan?

Thank you very much Pkshields (my university gets pissy when people encrypt their connection)

[quote name='serenitygod']it just depends on who you ask
http://www.healthkicker.com/731024712/how-does-your-state-rank-in-obesity/
that being said I have seen many medical conferences on this issue stating Florida is one of the fittest states. Including several cardiologists in my pharmacy meetings.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Both had them nearly the same rank.

I wouldn't trust a cardiologist who can't get basic facts straight. It's not even top ten but good for you for having state pride.

[quote name='Pkshields']For anyone who still can't listen to the full show, [link]
I'm in the Europe zone server too, so I also got a corrupted file but I used the Hotspot Shield (thanks PiP) that was recommended earlier to get the full file . Enjoy! (It's a Dropbox link, hope that works for everybody, just thought it would be faster than trying to reupload it anywhere else.)[/QUOTE]

Ah, Hotspot Shield.. Well, anyway, thanks a ton for the upload, easier than downloading a program atleast. Thanks a ton Pkshields. :)

Same Hotspot shield worked for me as well (guess it's good for more things than unbanning yourself :D)

But yeah.. Cheapy should post Pkshields link on the front page seeing as a lot of people don't read these forums and aren't as internet savvy as a lot of us..

The US hacked PSN and got OSAMA BIN LADEN's info and Boom its over! Thanks PSN for sucking so we could kill that bastard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipwreck - best of luck on the biopsy results. My wife is also fair skinned and the sun is a constant, potential source of problems. Hoping it's benign.

Wombat - Happy Birthday! And well done on the mower, the manual-blade mower rocks! Nothing like honest work (every now and then...)

Cheapy - thanks for not burping in my ears too much. And well done on the BBC interview.

Excellent show, guys. To anyone who ever said Ship was cut off by Cheapy and Wombat, didn't happen - did it?

Any new news on the E3 front? Missed you guys the last time you were in LA.

thanks for the fix for the International Cag'ers.

no offense love the podcast but am not downloading a hotspot shield just to listen to the show.

toodoloo

bread's done
Back