CAGcast #257: Good

iistened to the new Cagcast today (during work) and then went to my local comic shop to pick up my pile of new comics. I like Marvel and DC but I lean towards DC. I have been reading most of the Batman titles and I have really been enjoying Red Robin (not the burger chain), too bad they cancelled RR and they are sticking Tim Drake in Teen Titans.
Great podcast guys!

Batman was "dead" during the Blackest Night story arc. He wasn't a yellow lantern then due to the fact he was actually Sam Beckett... Can I have the X-men game?

[quote name='bardockkun']Blackest Night and Sinestro Corps War stuff[/QUOTE]

Ah dang it, I was going to post all that. Although it is worth noting that during Blackest Night, the Scarecrow became a deputized member of the Sinestro Corps, which was pretty awesome. I guess there is my superhero post.

Great show as usual. I never get tired of the Cagcast. Thanks you guys.

Wombat, hope everything is going well with you cut. Take care.

[quote name='mrx001']I'm Juggernaut![/QUOTE]

I believe the correct quote is "I'm Juggernuat, bitch!", sir

@shajak: You totally stole my angle. So I'm just going to have to go with the truth.

Shipwreck: I need a free copy of X-men Destiny. Why? Because if I don't have it in say... approximately the amount of time it takes UPS ground to ship something, the world as we know it will cease to exist. I can't tell you why, but I can tell you that the resulting cataclysm would cause all life on this planet to experience an event not entirely different from what a surgical camera must feel going through Ed Asner's colon. I would just buy a copy myself but since I'm a real super hero, I can't actually spend money on anything truly evil. (Really, it's in our union contract.) So, do a Super a solid and toss him a copy of that vile game. Otherwise even the medicated pad of justice won't be able to clean up the *shaq-fu* storm that time will unleash.

I want X-Men Destiny so the Capra Demon can seem fun in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really need X-Men Destiny. I was able to enjoy it for only a night from Redbox, and ever since I've been dreaming about it. I have never experienced such an interesting game in my life, and not being able to see the end of the game crushes my very soul, to the point I have to pull up the page on Amazon in the early hours of the morning and just stare at it until I feel content enough to fall asleep.

You know the best kind of super hero? The generic kind! And that's why I deserve to play X-Men Destiny! No whammy no whammy no whammy STOP!

Professor X was once a man who could walk and comb his hair.

btw I agree with Mass Effect 3 discussion if only because I would like to get every ME xbox achievement (Which I did for Me 1 & 2) and now you just know there's going to be some bullshit achievement that's really tough that hardly anyone has because it's tough to get X amount of people to actually help you get it. Not only that but EA will shut down the server in 3-4 years anyways.

Regarding the ME 3 MP discussion, does it matter Wombat that the MP is being done by a completely seperate studio (Bioware Montreal) and the full resources of Bioware Edmonton are going to the single player? Just curious. I'm more in Shipwreck's side of the argument as I'll enjoy playing co-op with the CAG's in the Bioware threads of the 360 side of the forum that don't normally play the traditional MP games (CoD/BF/Gears/Halo.)

Wombat, (and panel) what are the chances of maybe seeing an X-Men Legends 3 hopefully by Raven Software? Especially since Destiny was likely as you thought only put out to keep the license active as Activision only has the Spiderman and XMen licenses and lost the overall Marvel Universe license (hence why the DLC for MUA 1/2 are gone.)

Cyclops and Emma Frost are my favorite Marvel characters and the Legends games are the only time they're playable since Capcom is more interested in putting in squirrels and lawyers with no powers in Marvel vs. Capcom and Destiny, well ...

Oh and Wombat you should totally give the DA 2 DLC to Cheska (@thecheska), she can easily get you more Twitter followers.

Wombat: Can we please get through an episode without you proclaiming how little you care or are paying attention to Shipwreck's segment!

Everyone else: Anyways, long time listener, first time commenter. I always enjoy the show, even when I want to reach through the internet and strangle Wombat. I don't know if that's a compliment though since I enjoy a lot of awful things and am still eager to play both X-men Destiny, and Spider-Man: Edge of Time when I can get them for cheap enough.

Wombat I would eternally love you if i got that code. P.S you are my favorite podcast host. P.P.S no lie.

Hook me up with a copy of X-Men Destiny so it give me something to help me pass the time till I can put some money aside to buy a real superhero game ::cough::Batman::cough::

Wombat, I actually did want the Zurr-En-Arrh Batman! It would've been ridiculously badass to be able to swoop down and snap some necks in the crazy colored batsuit.

Wombat, have you seen the new "Days of Future Past" stage in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3? It's pretty cool. Although, it pisses me off though that Capcom even mentions Megaman... Just in case you moved on from the news of Megaman Legends 3, they pull this shit.

Also, in the Batman: Brave and the Bold Cartoon, Zurr-en-ah Batman was voiced by Kevin Conroy and the "Lex" character was Clancey Brown. Sweet homage to Bruce Timm's universe.

06332b96b88b2ddc7a7578c3948c543b1318546285_full.png

The first 10 minutes had me spitting Gatorade out my nose laughing, good show guys That cracked me up so much!

While I hate Kinect I really could see a young child having a lot fun with auto vista mode in Forza 4. Not saying it's worth dusting off from the closet but maybe just try it one day since you already have it and see if he likes it

Wombat needs to get Colossus powers if he is going to be trusted with cutting anything again. :) I would like togrind outX-Men if I could snag the copy from Shipwreck .

Give out a free code and a free game, and there be comments aplenty! Just keep giving free stuff away, guys! =)

That said, I love how Cheapy considers "Getting kicked in the nuts" a sport. (For who, exactly?)

I'm glad to hear Cheapy is enjoying The Hunger Games. I just finished these about a month ago and loved them. I suggested on Twitter, and am going to suggest here that Cheapy should check out Infected by Scott Sigler, which is a part of a trilogy with Contagious and Pandemic (which comes out pretty soon).

I think OnLive is misrepresented in this episode. The service isn't everything it said it would be, but it's impressive still. The microconsole costs much less than an Xbox 360 or PS3 and there are amazing deals each week. Even if the microconsole cannot play every game, the service's flexibility is still a strong point. Also, I know when the microconsole was first announced it came with two free games and somewhat nullifying the cost, but I doubt that is offered any longer.

In regards to the speculation on Vita software downloads having different prices than physical games and how US retailers might deal with that....They might be willing to deal with it, esp given, as both cheapy and shipwreck have pointed out, it is far from clear who is going to buy it and in what numbers. If different pricing does occur, retailers may respond by stocking few physical titles and ordering fewer copies but retailers were willing to to stock the PSPgo and that was download only. Sony might have to sweeten the margins on the Vita for retailers to keep them in line, but it is quite possible that hardware and accessory sales might be enough for retailers, esp when one considers how anemic PSP software sales have been or the last year or two.....In that light, the prospect of having the option of stocking zero inventory cost/zero inventory risk items like PSN cards might seem like a godsend

They call me Super Masochist Man, my powers include playing bad video games, and then playing them some more. Gimmie that X-men game Shipwreck.

Cheapy, as someone who has seen Siri in action (a friend bought the new iphone), don't get your hopes up too much. While it can be fun at times, when you actually need it to type a text for you...completely unreliable. But to bring up sites or whatever, it seems to work from what I was shown.

Cheapy, I think we get your feelings on Kinect. I don't think you need to repeat where you put Kinect every episode. It is cool when some one brings up Kinect stuff as part of the game to sit out that part of the conversation. The repetitive nature of the comments are way past old.

@CheapyD
You said you can swipe to bring up the notifications screen on iOS5.

Is this true? I can't seem to get it to work. I only get the standard notification bubble but i can't swipe to bring up anything else.

Nobody with an iPhone 4 needs a 4S, certainly nobody who identifies themselves as a "cheapassgamer". There's nothing cheapass about buying a new iphone because this one's farts smell like elderberries.

Saying you need voice commands for your phone is like saying you need a remote control for your car stereo.

Shipwreck, I run a school for games who bring pain to the people that play them. Here there is acceptance, no fear of persecution from bad ratings and mutilation from a sharply worded review. We can teach them to gain control over their awful aesthetics, painful mechanics, and disastrously written plot. Here we refer to such attributes as gifts. With out help they can blend in with the higher tier of mediocre titles where they can safely await a greater purpose for their existance.

I reach out to your compassion, let X-men Destiny attend my facility. It mutually benefits us all.

Just wanted to comment on switching controllers on the Xbox. This is a problem with the way the Xbox handles it, not the game. Fighting game tournaments are not only run on PS3 to be able to use PS2 arcade sticks but also because of how easy it is to reassign controllers.

Imagine a tournament with 500 people that all bring their own controller. You'd never be able to finish it on an Xbox.

Wombat, was it you who was concerned about paying $6.99 for just Robin?

Nightwing bundle includes the Nightwing skin and two challenge maps (Wayne Manor and Main Hall).

Robin bundle includes animated Robin skin along with Red Robin skin, and two challenge maps (Freight Train and Black Mask).

A PS3 Dragon Age 2 code would be awesome, so please put me in the drawing! I'm also looking forward to the next best "superhero game", Arkham Asylum.

Who says engineers are super busy? I'm an engineer but I haven't had to work more than 40 hours a week in a while. Ship, do you have your PE? If so, any tips? I'm planning on taking it in April.

Wombat, you got lucky. My boss cut his finger with a butter knife while taking ice cream out of the container (don't ask) and damaged his tendon. Now he can't bend his finger anymore.

bread's done
Back