CAGcast #257: Good

@CheapyD the CAG iphone app is just something you made up isn't it. You've been talking about it like it was just around the corner for at least a year now. That's okay we need things to believe in like Santa, the Easter bunny and the CAG Iphone app.

@Wombat Let me preface this by saying, you are the reason I come to this podcast, I usually agree with you and find you to easily be the funniest. However, I disagree with you on the Mass effect Co-op. I think it's at least worth a shot and I am excited to play mass effect alongside my best friend. I would have preferred something along the line of letting your friend control one of the AI partners in the main single player(For example, let me control Liara while my friend controls Shepard) and I'd get money or XP for my Character in my game and he doesn't have to deal with crappy AI. I would do this on my second playthrough as to not get spoiled but I'd rather do that than play generic salarian or something(who wants to play as a salarian?) The most disappointing news is no elcor have been mentioned as playable.

Also will you guys be getting the collectors or regular edition of ME3

PS. @ShipWreak I will also solicit X-men destiny because as a college student I have a surplus of game time and a deficit of cash. As for my super hero comment, I picked up batman year one and am excited to get a chance to read it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing wombat spell out shipwreck's week made me long for the days of free time. With a four year old daughter and a 3 month old son, i am lucky if i get 2 hours of gaming in per week. With that said. . .the real question is, how does wombat find the time to play games? :)

Dragon Age 2 code please.

I did not really like what I played of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon and that could be because I really like the series. This looks like a great case of burning the fans to get mass appeal for a game which I can not really blame them for but I would like if they would make another Ace Combat game instead of something that just feels like HAWX but even more bland.

I'll go for broke and enlist for both contests...

Dragon Age 2 code please :)

As for the superhero-related comment to get X-Men Destiny: Does Marvel have superhero animals? DC has Krypto and Beppo, but I can't think of a Marvel equivalent.

I have to add in to what Bardockkun said a few days ago (Sorry, just listened to the CAGCast this morning). He's right, in Blackest Night, Bruce Wayne was still "dead" (it was actually kinda important to the plot, as everyone thought he was carrying Bruce Wayne's skull around and then resurrected him).

Batman did get a Sinestro Ring, but it was before even the Sinestro Corps storyline happened; it was in the opening of Green Lantern #17, during the "Wanted: Hal Jordan" storyline.

Heck, I'm looking forward to getting the Sinestro custume wth the GL Blu-ray; I think I might be the only one. What is interesting is the costume is like the "standard" Sinestro Corps costume (black and yellow); the one Batman had for one page was blue and black - not only Batman's colors, but more like Sinesro's old costume. I actually rather liked that design...

I played Ace Combat, and I have to dissagree with shipwrecks review, thumbs down. All I wanted was another flight combat game with more planes and a new story, and they go and try to make Modern Warfare in the sky.
I hated the helicopter sections, and I'll admit I'm just terrible with the AC-130 so that part might just be me. And they made the dogfight mode to easy to use, I stopped using it after the second mission just to make the game more difficult.

Rent for $2 at redbox, best advice I can give.

Good to hear that the american embassy in japan is handing out Rad-x pills.
And I am surprised that we haven't seen Godzillas apperance yet, there was an underwater earthquake AND a broken nuclear power plant at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love a Dragon Age 2 DLC code.

Superhero Comment.... I think it would be interesting to see a first person RPG type game with a superhero license (x-men, avengers, Legion of Doom, etc).

[quote name='tyhana']I'll go for broke and enlist for both contests...

Dragon Age 2 code please :)

As for the superhero-related comment to get X-Men Destiny: Does Marvel have superhero animals? DC has Krypto and Beppo, but I can't think of a Marvel equivalent.[/QUOTE]

Lockjaw is the first that comes to my mind when thinking of Marvel super animals. Hes a giant teleporting, telepathic dog with the Inhumans.

You may be interested in this four issue run of the Pet Avengers.

19f01361.jpg

Throg is my hero. :lol:

What do you guys think about requiring a one time use code to activate the four catwoman missions in the new batman game? I know you guys didn't really care about charging $10 to play online if you bought a game used, but this is single player content. Not only that, but they promoted catwoman pretty heavily since last summer, and only just last week announced you would need the code or pay $10 to access all of it. Do you think this is the same thing as EA's online pass?

Great show! Good job not letting Cheapy go wild with the Forza 4 stuff.

For a long time, I've been listening to the show and it drives me crazy you say "sometimes it gets boring racing in a circle." If you're playing a racing game, and you're tired of "racing" that's not a game issue; that's Cheapy being tired of the genre issue. Sometimes I get tired of FPS games, doesn't mean that the FPS did something wrong, it means I need to switch to another genre. There's nothing wrong with a game adding extra modes to break up the monotony, but don't bash a racing game just for just being good at its bread and butter.

Cheapy: In regards to the engine sounds Forza 4 vs GT5, I was wondering if you were playing Gran Turismo 5 with a surround sound system, or just with TV speakers, because according to this video
using surround sound makes a big difference, and illustrates that GT5 car sounds are at true to life.

For the next show you guys have to get back to some of the CAG traditions... "CAGs on News!" and if not that song use some of the other "CAG" songs that were user generated.

Great show this week guys, would have loved to hear a bit more about Arkham City, but maybe this week?

I just listened to the Joystiq Show for the first time the other day, and man are those guys boring, they really couldn't hold my attention. So, thanks for always making your show interesting and funny.

Shipwreck: You need to speak your mind more, I felt like you were hardly there this time.

Cheapy: Please let us know how you like the third Hunger Games book, I read the first and loved it but haven't moved on to the second or third yet.

Dragon Age II code please~

Just got the PS3 game from Gamefly for $13, and I'm a huge fan of The Guild! Still listening to the rest of the podcast, just had to post now before I forget.

Well cagguys I guess there are 240,000 people who agree with you on forza 4 and 6 million+ who are Sony fanboys. Oh well no need for a discussion or reply back to GT5 spec 2 and being a sony fanboy :)

Just finished listening. I absolutely think the CAGcast is a fantastic show. But I am surprised by something...

I cannot believe you guys would work for Giant Bombcast. While their writing is pretty good - their Giant Bombcast podcast is mostly unbearable.

They spend way too much time bullshitting over random trash before even discussing games. Last week or so they just fucking rambled about pickles and pens. They need to shave at least 1 hour off of their show.

Anyway, I love your show and your site. Thanks!

I have a comment for the show... as a casual gamer as you can see from my raptr profile I love the Cagcast it's funny informative and you three the perfect combo... Cheapy your stories are FUNNY as fuck Shipreck is the gaming aficionado and Wombat is a dick that thinks he knows too much but he get's cool points for liking comics.. but it works and I have listened for a long time but just now commenting on a show keep doing what you do and I will keep listening and supporting your sponsors... oh and STOP saying ♪Breads Done...♫ That shit is mad corney!!!

I'd love the Dragon Age 2 code. DA is in an interesting universe.

As for the superhero comment, I recently had a discussion with a bud that Superman would lose his power with the red sun. They would keep telling me I was wrong, until I proved them wrong. What a wonderful feeling.

I think people (Looking at you Wombat!) need to wait and see when a traditionally single player franchise announces a multiplayer component. People have a tendency to flip out and declare that added multiplayer is not what the games needs, isn't wanted and will make the single player portion worse. First off I think it's somewhat of a myth to say that resources spent making the multiplayer will have a negative effect on the single player. I simply don't think that's how it works.

Lets look at recent examples of multiplayer being added to games that didn't have it before. Example 1 Assassins Creed Brotherhood. The multiplayer for that game was unique, fun and really well made. Was the single player campaign hurt at all? No, I would say it's the best Assassins Creed campaign to date and definitely the most fully featured. My second example would be Dead Space 2 and the sames things can be said for it as Assassins Creed. Cool unique multiplayer and a great single player campaign.

Now having said that it's quite possible that the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 could suck (though I would doubt that) but let's not declare dead on arrival. Great show as usual guys :)

I am willing to endure a copy of X-Men Destiny for the greater good.
(...namely because it ensures I will play the game legally without giving Activision credit for a copy of the game 'sold.')

Why can't they just let Ravensoft make all their marvel titles? They've made all the good ones, save the original Neversoft Spider-Man (PS1) game.

Sorcerer's lair came out a lot earlier on the ps3, but i'm sure most people think that its a brand new table for the xbox.

for shipwrecks contest:the early 90's x-men was the best
and wombats: dragon age code

That sucks that you still have to buy the cars from the Forza 4 CE. At least with the GT5 CE, that bonus cars are unlocked and ready to race.

Good show guys. Sorry to be late.

Let's see a superhero comment....I really like Spiderman and Wolverine and Batman but I cannot stand Superman. He needs a new, darker, grittier remake.

bread's done
Back