CAGcast #260: We're Too Classy To Call This Episode Skyrimjobs

I'd like to add my support for Wombat - dude, despite the fact that you can be annoying on occasion (who among us can say we're NEVER annoying?), I enjoy your humor 95% of the time. It's a gaming podcast, not high art. Thanks for one of the most entertaining podcasts out there.

Oh, and I would also like to try out Auto Club Revolution. Thank you.

Cheapy, having set my first beacon I think I can explain what it is and how it works.

Now, if you want to play a certain game with friends, you either invite someone who is already playing the game, or send an invite to someone else online who may or may not want to play.

I set a beacon for Gears 3 and commented ( defaults to I want to play this game with friends) that I want to play Horde with friends. No one was online at the time, so I started playing MW3. A friend popped on line - xxsmokesmadbluntsxx is online - as it usually displays. A little later, a notification popped saying xxsmokesmadbluntsxx is playing Gears, and it had the little sunshine icon for the beacon beside it.

It seems like a great way to hook up in a specific game without bugging your friends with blanket invites. More like "hey, I want to play this sometime, doesn't have to be this moment, just whenever." or you could say in your comment "How about a Gears Horde run on Friday at 8"

Just wanted to say I love Wombat. I don't really ever post but when I heard all the hate I had to show some love. Keep up the jokes Wombat. Love the show.

you know what is worse than Wombat trying to be funny?

Wombat trying to be a martyr..

but I guess it worked judging by the posts in this thread.

The 3 hosts all do their part, and it's great. A 4th would just be a lot of people talking over each other as I've noticed in other podcasts, but having guests once in a while would be fun. Wombat and CheapyD did almost what, 200 episodes? Before Shipwreck became permanent. It was good, but after seeing what Shipwreck adds, it'd be awkward to go back to 2 hosts.

I find it funny that in a "tight" week Shipwreck still gets 40 hours of Skyrim in and I doubt that was the only game he played. Also, do you have two copies of Skyrim or share with Mrs. Shipwreck?

More embargo discussions please. The Embargo on Mario Land 3D sounds so ridiculous it needs to be addressed further. I think the Video Game Industry is Embargo happy now, and it's silly.

Will Mrs. Wombat keep her word on Wombat's anniversary present? If so, I'm looking forward to hearing a lot of Skyrim thoughts from Wombat's long and many gaming sessions.

Hey cheapy, Wombat, and shipwreck. I am a new Cag, and just wanted to let you know how much i enjoy the show. i listen while i am at work, and it helps me get through the night. it is so good that in between cagcasts i listen to the old episodes in reverse order. even though the subject matter is now irrelevant, i still find it entertaining. Keep up the good work, and Wombat- Don't stop telling jokes. the 10% gold is worth putting up with the 90% crap, i can relate, i tell a lot of stupid jokes too.

It's about time Wombat left the CAGcast and started his own show. His comedic potential is only hindered by Cheapy and Shipwreck, who don't even appreciate his jokes.

I've been listening to this show for a long time, and I hate to say I find myself agreeing with the commenters on Wombat. His ego has gotten pretty big. He works all day and he's a nobody but when he opens up a web browser he's a somebody and that has seemed to have got to him. There's no denying how self centered he is, making everything about him every week. Example, every single piece of show feedback on this weeks show was about him and him alone. He used to be funny naturally, and I just assumed he was the funny guy. But now he tries so hard it's off putting and cringy. This show has been going a long time, and it hasn't really changed much at all in the 6 years we've been listening. I do think the shows needs a change up, maybe Wombat should be on every other week and maybe bring in a new guy.

Hi guys. I just had to chime in on the whole wombat controversy. Wombat must remain a member of this crew. His sense of humor, though not always funny per se, is a needed element of the podcast. I would liken it to bitter herbs which on their own pucker your lips and make your nose run but when added to a stew add a special flavor which no other ingredient could. Furthermore i must applaud the three of you for producing the first game podcast i know in which the members freely use words like 'pubes' and 'skyrimjobs' as well as freely discussing their goofy marital and family situations on the air. In short, please continue your fine podcast and tell the wombat griefers to suck a fat one.

When I first started listening to CAG I have to admit I wasn't that much of a fan of Wombat, but I have now grown to love his contributions to every show, it wouldn't be CAG without him.

I'm only about 30 min into the show BUT DAMN Cheepy your coming off like a real douche bag.. Okay we get it you got a ego boost with the girl but Freaken stop!! Your on the fast track of being the only thing I dislike on the show.

Also the Skyrim-job joke was just pure awful, it was bad with the first and you just kept pushing it... ugh! Leave the comedy to Wombat.

Just started listening to the show. A few comments:

First, Wombat you get the most negative feedback because you dominate the discussions. When you put yourself out there the most (and insist on talking about bad games forever), you're going to get criticized the most. Also, you suck.

Second, I was kidding Wombat.

Third, Cheapy obviously the person who suggested that you get rid of Shipwreck and Wombat and bring in a girl was your depressed, starving artist marrying ex-girlfriend.

Fourth, is it sad that the thing I'm most excited about for thanksgiving is black friday cagcast?

EDIT: I listened for a few more minutes and learned that Wombat pointed out what I said in my "Third" comment. See that Wombat, you don't suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wombat Liberation Army shall rise again! Viva le Wombat!

140x0mp.jpg

Wombat please don't tell so many bad jokes in a row. I've been listening to the podcast from the beginning and have to say the last podcast you are trying way to hard to be funny. Just tone it back a little please...I never post here but you are getting annoying with so many bad jokes in the last couple podcasts. Other than that great job guys:)

Wombat is the shit!

P.S. Cheapy...you failed to tell us if this chick is hot!?!?! This should have been the first thing brought up. I'm disappointed in your fellow hosts for not asking this.

P.P.S. I know we will never know but I wish we could see the old crushes face when she listens to the hanger poop cutting story. Is there any possible way you can catch that on Skype?

P.P.P.S. See P.P.S.

Dear Wombat,

I never post to the forums but I've been listening to the CAGcast for a very long time, at least four or five years. I just wanted you to know that you've always been my favorite part of the show. Your jokes have seriously had me laughing out loud on many occasions. You make valid points and I feel like I agree with you more often than not. As much as I also love CheapyD and Shipwreck, if you were no longer on the show I would probably stop listening.

Please don't let the haters bother you. I'm sure there are many people like me who adore you and just never speak up about it! Just keep being you.

When I was listening to the cagcast this week and heard that Wombat was receiving alot of hate, I thought to myself that I need to post something. When reading the posts, I am not alone. Wombat is a very important piece to the cagcast every week. His humor is a welcome part of the cagcast to offset Cheapy's often dry humor and Shipwreck factual input. Wombat's personality is who he is on the air, when I met him at pax he was a very moddest person who was more than happy just to be noticed. Remember it is always easier to come off as overconfident when you are speaking to people you are very comfortible talking to (Cheapy and Shipwreck). Just my 2 cents.

I dusted my forum account just to say that I love Wombat and that if he leaves, I'll unsubscribe from the CAGcast, uninstall iTunes, Delete my Win32 folder and remove my dick with my bare hands. Just saying, I love the CAGcast and just want it to stay the same because it's still my favorite podcast along with the Giant Bombcast. IDGAF.

MY GOD people hop of wombats dick. he's is not bad just has an aquired taste. wombat strangly enough i listen to the cagcast in order to hear the quirky jokes that the whole group has with each other. wombat if it's anything i still like you.

Been behind on the podcasts and finally listened to this one yesterday. Cagcast wouldn't be the same without Wombat. Sorry Ship, but your sense of humor is really stiff and dry. I usually enjoy Wombat's jokes. It's even more funny when they bomb and Cheapy is groaning. lol

bread's done
Back