CAGcast #300: EME

I feel like it's familiar but nothing is really coming to me, so I'm just gonna say Marble Madness. If by any chance I'm correct, don't worry about the $300 gift certificate; just send me the Rez transvibrator instead (autographed too please).

And grats on 300, guys!

happy 300, I have been listening for a long long time and really have enjoyed every show. Thanks to all of you. It's always a little more special that this site gives me all the best deals.

Just my $0.02, but the contest winner should be randomly selected from correct answers. It keeps the contest open for a whole week & gives a chance to those that can't listen to it as soon as it's posted.

[quote name='bickle']Just my $0.02, but the contest winner should be randomly selected from correct answers. It keeps the contest open for a whole week & gives a chance to those that can't listen to it as soon as it's posted.[/QUOTE]

Would be nice, I plan on listening to the show on my 7 hour commute to NYCC

Well done gentlemen. As I sit here at work feeling like crap, the podcast really brightened my day. For some reason I found this episode really funny. Hopefully I will have enough energy to make it through the day and not pass out.

Congrats on 300 episodes. Here's to 300 more.

Happy 300th everyone! Thank you all for providing a little more joy into my week. I've been listening since January 2010, when Mass Effect 2 came out, and I couldn't be happier with all of your hard work. Thank you all again for everything!

Congrats on 300 guys! I've only listened to the "clips" section so far and you guys had me laughing in my car on my way to work. I guess I'll keep listening to check out the contest.

i have to disagee with cheapy. i love the ps3 controller. i can play for like 2 weeks on a single charge. unlike the 360 controller which is a battery eating whore

[quote name='detectiveconan16']If people are saying Elevator Action and Super Mario Bros. Why not the Level Up theme from Fatal Fury 2? Pissing and missing.[/QUOTE]

because I'm going with the theory it is probably a game Cheapy has played.

The moba thing sounded most like the slow part of the legend of zelda to me.

Also great show, congrats on #300 guys!

[quote name='viiral']I'm fucking disappointed.. no mention of XCOM.[/QUOTE]

This. Cheapy, you need to represent and give XCOM a shot. You'll like it! Livestream that sucker and name your squad members after the CAGcast crew.

Nice of Microsoft to blame the victim/messenger like it was Wombat's fault that the dregs of Xbox Live used it to send him horrible messages.

Congratulations on the 300th show. :applause:

[quote name='YoatOverNothing']I am wondering if this song is from some obscure game or if Cheapy mangled it with his interpretation of it.[/QUOTE]

I'm leaning toward mangled.
Right or wrong, I'm going to be haunted by that rendition.

But, with one stab-in-the-dark guess: Donkey Kong

[quote name='KillingMachine']This. Cheapy, you need to represent and give XCOM a shot. You'll like it! Livestream that sucker and name your squad members after the CAGcast crew.[/QUOTE]

They brought it up, but no one played it. Congrats to you guys though. One of the first podcasts I ever listened to and now am an addict.

[quote name='usickenme']because I'm going with the theory it is probably a game Cheapy has played.[/QUOTE]

Good theory

Great episode! Cheapy being Wombat was pretty funny. If episode 200 was the classic Kazoo, I'd say Shipwrecks official entrance was maybe around 165 or 185.

Your PS3 complaints have been fixed, some tips:
Batteries? Are you serious? You want a downgrade? PS3 charge controllers last pretty long, and batteries are expensive. Also a 2nd controller plugged in charging while playing works fine just swap back and forth.

Slow downloads? Must be an old issue with older models, PS3 Slim has no problems with wired connection. I dl 18mb paches in 10sec and 200mb patches in 2-3min. If you just want to play the game right away, cancel the patch and play offline then let PS+ DL the patch overnight.

My Slim also runs quietly unless you put a DVD in initially it's loud but quiets down, but all blu-ray are all quiet though. Wombat got that right, and the bigger hard drives out of the box.

Also it is so easy to upgrade the HDD on your own (it does not void the warrenty, heck it tells you how in the PS3 manual) with a laptop HDD. And mandatory game installs are gone yes, some do offer optional installs but I haven't seen a forced install either in a long while.

I haven't downloaded or installed a firmware update in over a year. You guys have to be doing it wrong. PS+ does it automatically, just set the settings and it DL+installs it overnight. Even recent played games PS+ will auto download and install newest patch before you wake up. Cheapy is in Japan so maybe that's why, but I don't know why Shipwreck is downloading a firmware update every week. (The PS3 system has to be off for PS+ to do auto updates at the time you selected)

If you want it to auto DL+Install everything on your DL queue, just click "turn off" and check the box auto install after background updates and it will finish downloading then install every game/DLC and turn off the system after. Sure you'll have to turn it back on, but it seems you set it and leave it anyway. So when you go back and see PS3 off, you'll know it finished.

Hopefully Friskytanuki will chime in and explain it better, but your complaints are outdated.

[quote name='banodyne']Wanted to point out that the Internet Explorer song is "Too Close" by Alex Clare. Not by Matisyahu as Wombat guessed.
http://vevo.ly/j2gAXf[/QUOTE]

I said he was Jewish like Matisyahu, not that it was Marisyahu.

Hmm I was thinking it over again about the "MOBA" just a few minutes ago and I started humming a punch-out song... maybe?! I rechecked Cheapy's version and it wasn't that close, but I'll throw it out there just in case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0qzz2VoZ48

Just right after the bell rings... maybe... hopefully... I should stop thinking about this little melody now. Dang you Cheapy.

[quote name='shinryuu']

Just right after the bell rings... maybe... hopefully... I should stop thinking about this little melody now. Dang you Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

That sounds pretty close.

Show Notes

07:00 Favorite show moments
08:30 Ship playing DoA Paradise and being watched by a deer
10:00 Xbox Pure
10:30 Wombat's Xbox Gamer Spotlight & A detailed history of how Microsoft has come to hate the Cagcast
18:00 "I love you Raptr"
18:30 Episode 200 Post E3 Kazoo
19:00 Major Nelson, Vag Clown.
20:00 Mrs Cheapy discusses the Rez trance controller
20:45 Bathroom fainting stories
23:15 Various Clips
24:45 Circuit City, Intro of BS Quarterly, Shipwreck passing out
27:45 New Releases
28:00 Dishonored
37:45 X-COM Enemy Unknown
39:00 Some new Naughty Bear game
41:15 Walking Dead ep 4
41:30 Fable Journeys
43:00 Happy Wars
43:45 Retro City Rampage (Vita)
47:00 Of Orcs and Men
48:00 ME3 Volus in multiplayer
52:30 Borderlands 2
57:00 Guardians of Middle Earth
60:00 Kevin Butler commercial
1:06:45 Zynga stock
1:11:45 How does the PS4 need to improve
1:17:00 Vita-phone?
1:17:30 Buying Forza Horizon
1:19 Total Recall bluray has a a God of War demo

[quote name='shinryuu']Hmm I was thinking it over again about the "MOBA" just a few minutes ago and I started humming a punch-out song... maybe?! I rechecked Cheapy's version and it wasn't that close, but I'll throw it out there just in case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0qzz2VoZ48

Just right after the bell rings... maybe... hopefully... I should stop thinking about this little melody now. Dang you Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

That's Ride of the Valkyries. I don't know if it could be Punch-Out!!, since I believe Cheapy mentioned before that he never owned a NES. It's a song that's been referenced in quite a few games, even in a Borderlands 2 easter egg:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYYbiGULF3Y

bread's done
Back