CAGcast #343: A Fan of Yours

Yes, it is my opinion that the Xbox 360 was the superior console for at least the first half of this generation.  I think we've all be pretty clear that is what we believe.  We are plenty critical of every company's screw-ups (including Microsoft and Apple), and if you don't recognize that, that's your shortcoming.

When I see someone haphazardly throw around the terms "biased" or "shill" I automatically assume it's them with the bias or perhaps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

I want to argue against Wombat's hate of the Xbox One Tour. Yes, they have the vans that are stopping at stores and malls. They also have tailgating events at stadiums and those big arena events at most major cities. I went to the Philadelphia Arena event and got to play every Xbox One launch game. Also, this week Microsoft Stores have gotten demo units and were showing off a few titles.

My point? Xbox has been getting out there showing off the games and new system to the public. Sony hasn't shown off the PS4 to anybody but industry pro reviewers. Not saying the PS4 is better or worse.  But one system is almost secretly launching. The other has real people trying it out and telling their friends they played it. I got quizzed by my friends about how it looked, how the controller felt, and on and on.

The reason you guys get so much crap from Playstation fanboys is because there is a secret Playstation society and you are 29th from the bottom on their shitlist. Now excuse me while I flee before they find me.

I want to argue against Wombat's hate of the Xbox One Tour. Yes, they have the vans that are stopping at stores and malls. They also have tailgating events at stadiums and those big arena events at most major cities. I went to the Philadelphia Arena event and got to play every Xbox One launch game. Also, this week Microsoft Stores have gotten demo units and were showing off a few titles.

My point? Xbox has been getting out there showing off the games and new system to the public. Sony hasn't shown off the PS4 to anybody but industry pro reviewers. Not saying the PS4 is better or worse. But one system is almost secretly launching. The other has real people trying it out and telling their friends they played it. I got quizzed by my friends about how it looked, how the controller felt, and on and on.
Sony has been a little slower, but they're setting up demo units across the country at retailers. I finally got a chance to play one at Best Buy, but they need to try to get more out there. The St Louis Metro Area has 3 stores right now with active kiosks (Kansas City, MO has none), but they need to get more of them active and they really need to update the selection of games/firmware. Either way, I'll have mine in less than a week, so it's hard for me to complain.

http://experienceplaystation.com/

I think Nintendo did the best with the original Wii by setting up Kiosks in Malls with those Nintendo Reps during the Holiday Season it was released.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the mature way to approach criticism ...automatically assuming everyone else has an issue but you .

I agree with Wombat...to a point. I don't care that they didn't give me the KI code (for a number of reasons: not getting the console at launch, only been a loyal Live Gold member since 2010, low Gamerscore, etc.), but they should have, at the very least, explained what went into the decisions. That they didn't is fine, but it does tend to make some of us that are loyal Xbox members feel slightly left out.

I'm loving LEGO Marvel, easily the best one of the series (if you can call it that...maybe franchise is a better word), even if it is on the longer side of things. Sooooo many characters and SOOOO much to do.

I'm curious to know you guys' thoughts on Games for Gold so far, and whether you think it will be carrying over to Xbox One, even if it will be a while.

Personally, this whole console war is just getting exhausting. I'm blaming the gaming websites, like IGN, Kotaku, and Gamespot. They always have HIGHLY misleading headlines or just baiting headlines to get page clicks and that, in turn, causes the trolls and anti-Microsoft fanboys to flock. Hell, IGN had one just the last couple days, "Your Xbox One Can do 'Nothing' Until Patched on Day One," that is currently sitting at 7167 comments, most of which are Sony fanboys calling the console shit, Microsoft fans morons for getting the console, and touting how AMAZING the PlayStation 4 is. Never mind that the exact same thing is true of the PS4 and it's day one patch. And I've noticed no one has mentioned the new overheating rumor and the fact that there STILL is no PS4 demo unit in Walmart or Target, even with the console less than a week away from launch. It's all just exhausting...

I pulled the clip in case anyone wants to easily relive the compaints:

https://soundcloud.com/cheapyd/wombat-vs-xbox-one-loyalty
Should probably put the star spangled banner in the background when Wombat talks about speaking for the people.

Bottom line Cag Crew...no matter what you say or do on your show people are going to label you something and bitch and complain about you. So it is always best to just be yourself and let the chips fall where they may and ignore all of the crap.

Do you think the guys @Giant Bomb give 2 shits what the internet says about them? I mean they were playing Wind Jammers over the weekend for a live stream, lol. They shit all almost everything and it is funny as hell to me but some people cal them idiots.

Just keep doing what your doing..its working right?
Exactly. Trust me, if it really bothered me, I wouldn't be posting anything on the Internet. I do the podcast because I enjoy it, not because it's necessary for my livelihood.

If someone really believed we were that biased and unreasonable, why would they continue to listen? I know if I thought someone was full of shit, I wouldn't waste my time.

Im waiting another year. 

I'll sit back and laugh at whats to come.

It took me awhile to even lurk around here, let alone post.  I found the site because of the deals, but my natural inclination was still to not bother with the forums, or anything past the OP, because the inherent nature of video game message board discourse leaves much to be desired.  Once I started listening to the podcast and took a more than cursory glance at the forum, my mind changed and it was worth a modicum of my time.

That said, If I felt the podcasts were a shill, or you three were anything less than even keeled and objective when it comes to gaming, I definitely wouldn't have stayed.  fuck those guys.

Hearing Wombat complain on how he not got something for free, and then try to justify his complaints by saying the wording Microsoft used was wrong was hilarious. Resembled the ramblings of a child who didn't get sweets from his mother. Also, for every opinion you guys have, there are always good arguments that follow. You all say what's on your minds, even if that means pissing off the fanboys. If there are people that don't like what you guys are saying, they can go and listen to Playstation or Xbox podcasts for their daily propaganda dosis. Loved the show guys, keep up the good work.

Thank God you are the voice for those poor people who didn't get a free game, Wombat. The poor, the weak, silent mass of people. You alone feel their pain, and you alone have the power to correct this wrong! How DARE Microsoft not provide you with Killer Instinct! They should give copies to everyone on the planet, and on the title screen it should say "Wombat's altruism and selfless bitching made this possible". 

sigh.

I've probably been listening to the CAGCast for...4 years? 5? I don't think I've ever gotten this exasperated listening to you as I did this week. I'd like to think this was some sort of elaborate troll and you realize how ridiculous and brazenly self-serving your complaint is.

In fact, that's what I'm going to continue to believe. No need to correct me. Keep up the good work. 

[quote name="Wombat" post="11209304" timestamp="1383929626"]

shill

SHil/

1. 1.

an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

• a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest.

We are not in business with Microsoft, nor do we have a financial interest. We have opinions that differ from yours. That doesn't make us shills, it makes us people.

[/quote]
1. Cheapy has stated in the past to owning MS stock, so he kind of does have a financial interest in MS which in turn would make him a shill. He wrote something to defend MS, something that I only saw one other website during that time do and it wasn't as long nor did a MS spokesperson (Major Neslson) was so happy with that he responded. Not to mention a shill is only effective if no one knows they have a stake in the product or service.

2. You have just proven my point Wombat, out of everything I wrote you nit pick a word that I used which was stated by YOU guys on the podcast. Once again, instead of having a meaningful discussion and in this case someone with a different perspective, you (Cag crew) look for a quick, meaningless, juvenile jab and the pretend that anyone who speaks up is simply a Sony nut, good job Wombat.

[quote name="CheapyD" post="11211037" timestamp="1383957723"]

Yes, it is my opinion that the Xbox 360 was the superior console for at least the first half of this generation. I think we've all be pretty clear that is what we believe. We are plenty critical of every company's screw-ups (including Microsoft and Apple), and if you don't recognize that, that's your shortcoming.

When I see someone haphazardly throw around the terms "biased" or "shill" I automatically assume it's them with the bias or perhaps...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk[/quote]

Unfortunately you are the one with the shortcoming Cheapy, you may have "touched" on the deficiencies of other companies but the responses have been nowhere near being even handed. This is where the problem is, its not that you don't say anything its that when company A says something you talk 5 min and done but when company B does something less serious, holy hell you guys rant for like 20 mins sometimes. Again this is the problem, its the uneven and clearly biased handling over certain news and as others have stated the "proof" you want are in past Cagcasts, it's not that you may prefer one system over the other.

I work for a pretty big company that I just started in over a month and personally over see a team of 30 people, the first thing I said was that they should tell me about any concerns about my performance as time passes. Why? If one person tells me something then I may just brush it off but if 15 people tell me the same thing then I need to take a step back and see what I'm doing to rectify the situation if my self-awareness is lacking.

More reviews soon. Been a little busy.
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't criticizing the quantity of reviews. You have MUCH more important things going on, I have 3 kids 10 and under and can relate.

I was just trying to illustrate the point that whether it's an ad or a banner for content that's been up there for a while it's not going to matter for the CAG user. This is a business and Cheapy needs to do what's best for that business. I've been coming here since 2005 and not once have I ever changed my viewing habits because of an ad or lack of an ad.

1. Cheapy has stated in the past to owning MS stock, so he kind of does have a financial interest in MS which in turn would make him a shill. He wrote something to defend MS, something that I only saw one other website during that time and it wasn't as long nor did a MS spokesperson (Major Neslson) was so happy with that he responded. Not to mention a shill is only effective if no one knows they have a stake in the product or service.
So I stated that I have a financial interest in Microsoft, but "a shill is only effective if no one knows they have a stake in the product or service." So the takeaway is I'm not an effective shill? Of course your point is moot since I've never owned Microsoft stock.

I wrote that article because it's what I believed to be true. Do you think a multi-billion dollar company is actually affected is by something a guy named CheapyD posts on a website called Cheap Ass Gamer? I appreciate that you think I wield so much power in this industry. Thanks for the compliment!

So I stated that I have a financial interest in Microsoft, but "a shill is only effective if no one knows they have a stake in the product or service." So the takeaway is I'm not an effective shill? Of course your point is moot since I've never owned Microsoft stock.

I wrote that article because it's what I believed to be true. Do you think a multi-billion dollar company is actually affected is by something a guy named CheapyD posts on a website called Cheap Ass Gamer? I appreciate that you think I wield so much power in this industry. Thanks for the compliment!
1. Thank you for the correction on the stock issue.

2. There's a reason for the saying "The pen is mightier than the sword", this is because words can influence people a lot more. You wrote what was one of just a handful (literally) of articles that was pro-MS during that time and the only one that got a response from MS, so yes that company in particular does listen to you. Not to mention you got your own likeness in a video game, so you do have some sway, how many people can say that?

3. I am an adult not a Sony nut, I work for a good retail company while I'm getting ready to take my last dental board so I can finally practice as a dentist but I've been a gamer my whole life and have had EVERY system(TB-16,3DO, Atari Jaguar) with the exception of the Neo Geo, my parents are awesome. I've also had my my preferences towards one system each generation and remember arguing about Sonic vs. Mario, SMS vs NES (when I didn't have a SMS) in grade school but as an adult I'll grade things according to what's good not just for me (games) but for consumers(systems, policies) in general.

I didn't start replying because I "LOVE" Sony (I use a Windows Phone), I replied because you guys continue to fail on accepting that a lot of the criticism is deserved based on past actions and statements. I love the Cagcast, if I didn't I wouldn't listen to you guys anymore but because I do I feel the need to remind you that criticism is good when actually used. Using or not using the word shill is irrelevant when the main complaint is based on the uneven handedness of "bad" news from one company vs the other, that is the issue.

I would love to continue this discussion but I have to finish reviewing Orthodontics so I can get started on Oral Surgery and then off to my job. This time next week I'll be enjoying my PS4 with 4 games and debating on getting an X1 before a $100 price drop. This is an awesome time to be a gamer and everyone enjoy your new systems to come!

P.S. I hope Elop does get the CEO position and sell off the Xbox brand, personally I'd trust the brand a whole lot more than being under MS.

Some people are taking the hosts of CAGcast too seriously. I love listening to them but if you're tired of listening to Cheapy's supposed Microsoft shill speak then stop listening. He's not forcing you to listen to a podcast in order to have access to the website, and then quizzing you over the show to make sure you've listened. If there's a requirement to own M-Soft stock and be apart of CAG let me know, failing that requirement.

It's also okay to disagree with opinions. You can post in the show thread to share your opinion, hopefully you put some actual effort in them so a dialogue can be started. I don't get the whole calling people shills or morons at all. How does that solve anything?

If Wombat wants to voice his opinion then he should be able to voice his opinion. Last I checked most countries are okay with people starting podcasts, or being apart of them, to voice their opinions. If you disagree with his opinion then make a well thought out comment as to why you think he's wrong. That's all you've got to do.

To the people who actually post well thought out comments thank you.

After thinking about it, wombat's complaints were warranted. But I think Microsoft should give out Killer Instinct to everyone with gold. It might sway people who were on the fence on which console if they get an email saying they have a free game and it will also get more people to play the game. Then release more characters to make money. I know they are giving out a free version but one character isn't enough for someone to keep playing it.

A few thoughts

1. It's absurd to me that anyone thinks that Cheapy, Wombat, or Shipwreck are shills for anything. I don't recall Nike Fuel users ranting and raving when the show briefly turned into the unofficial Fitbit podcast. To me, it's obvious that the hosts, like many others, had a better experience with the 360 than the PS3 for a variety of reasons. I don't perceive a bias in the PS4/X1 coverage, especially given that nearly every discussion ends with 'we haven't seen/used any of it in person, our speculation doesn't matter much until we have our hands on the PS4/X1.' 

2. I like unobtrusive ads, I'll be glad to see them return to CAG.

3.  I agree with Cheapy about the Killer Instinct giveaway. There's a negative correlation between the number of people complaining about not getting a handout and the likelihood of Microsoft doing another random giveaway. I agree with Wombat that Microsoft should have had an explanation about why certain individuals were selected. I think he got too worked up over it though. 

4. Someone mentioned that the PS4 has only been available to the Press/Industry insiders. I got to play Dive Kick at Pax Prime on PS4 and hold no special privilege in the gaming world. I just waited in line for a few minutes, there were other games available for longer waits.

5. The articles/reviews cycled at the top of the homepage are pretty stale. Maybe you could supplement that content with some community features. I would be happy to see popular blog posts or a weekly deals round-up thrown in there.

Good show as always guys.

Cheapy, is there a central way that we can support CAG by buying affiliate items or something like that? Should I search on CAG for specific games and follow the buy links that way, or is there a central portal/web address I can go to?

I've gotten years of enjoyment from the podcast and the website. You three (and Mrs. Shipwreck too back in the day) put on a wonderful show that always brings a smile to my face. Thanks for everything!

Killer Instinct would have made a great xbox gold for games promotion (or whatever its called). Not sure why if they are willing to give it out free to some, they just dont do it for everyone. Would be a big game for that promotion. Guess they would rather give out the original Dead Rising instead or something else in that line of old games.

Some people are taking the hosts of CAGcast too seriously. I love listening to them but if you're tired of listening to Cheapy's supposed Microsoft shill speak then stop listening. He's not forcing you to listen to a podcast in order to have access to the website, and then quizzing you over the show to make sure you've listened. If there's a requirement to own M-Soft stock and be apart of CAG let me know, failing that requirement.

It's also okay to disagree with opinions. You can post in the show thread to share your opinion, hopefully you put some actual effort in them so a dialogue can be started. I don't get the whole calling people shills or morons at all. How does that solve anything?

If Wombat wants to voice his opinion then he should be able to voice his opinion. Last I checked most countries are okay with people starting podcasts, or being apart of them, to voice their opinions. If you disagree with his opinion then make a well thought out comment as to why you think he's wrong. That's all you've got to do.

To the people who actually post well thought out comments thank you.
Im pretty critical of them, but I still love the guys. I stopped following Cheapy and Ship on Twitter because of the Xbox defending/PS ribbing I always see on there. It gets pretty bad, almost as bad as the people Cheapy talked about on the show.

Im pretty critical of them, but I still love the guys. I stopped following Cheapy and Ship on Twitter because of the Xbox defending/PS ribbing I always see on there. It gets pretty bad, almost as bad as the people Cheapy talked about on the show.
It is what it is, they have their console of choice and at least it seems that they have reasons for why they enjoy it. I just don't understand why some people go to the extreme when arguing about consoles or gaming in general. I'd rather have pleasant conversations. I also don't take to heart what they say about everything. Everyone has different opinions and are entitled to them. Some people have enjoyed the C&C games made after Generals, I personally think you could pitch them all into deepest ocean trench and nothing of value would be lost. But, I don't go and tell the game developers their a piece of crap or anything. They made a game they're proud of and nothing is wrong with that. Same thing happened with the Stronghold series, but it looks like they're returning to their roots so I've very excited to play the new game.

I've got too much other stuff to worry about what that I don't really care if someone on a podcast has a different opinion than me or a game is kind of crappy. If you don't like it then avoid it, which is what you did.

Just got back from Target in San Diego. Empty Xbox One section, no PS4 section with less than a week to go. Had DS4 controllers though.

I can see people buying those thinking they're PS3 controllers because there is no PS4 logo on the packaging.

Wombat, I'm becoming a little curious about your microphone situation. Could it be the USB cable that connects your mic to your laptop? Because you were getting the same distortion issues during a few parts of this show. Change your USB cable to see if that fixes the issue. Your macbook may be ok. 

if 200 people tell you that you're fat, you might actually be fat but I guess it's easier to think they all need glasses

I think Microsoft is doing the right thing in pimping out the xb1 aggressively right now. You turn on your 360 and you are bombarded with ads for the One. When I turn on my PS3 I just get my xmb with no advertising unless I choose to go over to the store section. As a current GameStop employee I have to say that we got in our xbox1 unit on Thursday, but it is just a shell unit with a memory stick Inside the tv playing Xbox 1 trailers. Microsoft isn't giving is demo u it's until after launch. Our ps4 demo kiosk should be coming in next week and that is really exciting. I hate the the disservice Microsoft did for the xb1 earlier this year because it is shaping to be an awesome product. Whatever you buy you will be happy. I am buying a ps4 and I am super pumped and I can't wait to be able to get an Xbox 1

Shipwreck gave a strong pointer to a part of the problem right there after the question and Cheapy just skips right past it.

The CAGcast is pretty pro-Xbox. That puts PlayStation fans on edge.

And calling out PS fans as being childish seems crazy given the episode with Wombat being Xbox gamer of the week and getting Xbox "fans" crapping all over him to a level that it becomes gaming news. There are babies on both sides, Sony didn't corner the market.

Now, as to why PS fanbois are aggressive right now, it's probably because they finally have some ammunition. People slagged the PS3 for years, with crummy ports and such and what's a PlayStation fan to do? It's hard to argue the point when someone says the PS3 version of Bayonetta is junk. So the PS fans are all raring to go and when they finally have some ammo, they're letting loose.

In addition, I think the PS people see a crack in the defenses and now want to put a heavy offensive on. When PSN went down for a month, did the MS fanbois hold back or did they go on the offensive? Well, now that MS is stumbling, things are just reversed.

And I think one thing that's feeding the fire is CheapyD being so aggressively dismissive of the spec difference between PS4 and XBOne. He says that does it really matter, don't you want to see the games first? Well Cheapy, let me ask you. How many times have you said you'd be getting the PCPCPC version of a game because it'll look better? Did you wait to play it yourself first? Or did you assume that better hardware means the game will look better? You assumed the PC version would look better. Now, when there is a measurable difference between XBox and PS4, you just say, well, don't read too much into it, there's more to the story.

So PS fanbois see Cheapy as a leader in the group being dismissive of the PS4 advantage and they begin to call out Cheapy for it. Is it the right thing to do? No. But that's what's happening, and it might be somewhat less of a blowup if Cheapy weren't so vocal about wanting to use the machine with better hardware (PCPCPC) when making his own buying decisions.

And finally, the reason Cheapy can slag Kinect and not get much of a response is because motion gamers don't represent the hardcore "in your face" type of fanboi that likes to get into internet arguments. Not on Xbox, not on PS3. If Cheapy slagged PSEye, do you think he'd get a lot of kickback from PS fans? Not hardly.

I've learned to live with the Xbox leaning of the CAGcast, it's not entirely without reason. But please, going forward, at least try to understand that that is part of the reason you see an opposition from the PS fanbois.

And on other news, my local Target has had PS4 presence for weeks. It's just set of pegs for games (not the preorder cards) with the PS4 placard behind it. It was stocked with PS3 games for a long time, but surely it has some PS4 ones now. There's no endcap, but then again there's no XBOne endcap either. Although the XBOne games rack is more visible than the PS4 one by any measure. I'm not sure why this is.

For the record, I don't think Cheapy is some kind of shill because he owns MS stock.

Did you unfollow them before Cheapy got all mad and defensive on twitter about the "This Is Your Next Console" Edge cover?

I had to laugh when Cheapy started complaining about the people on twitter with nothing better to do than post negative comments about Microsoft. I still remember him going on twitter entirely unsolicited to announce that anyone who prefers Gran Turismo 5 to Forza 4 is a Sony fanboy.

At least you have your $0.20 in Microsoft Points that will expire soon.

Also, I know why they are giving a select few Killer Instinct characters. Just imagine at launch and moving forward once more people adopt XB1 and download their "free" demo. It'll be all Jago nearly every match, with millions having the free version and only thousands with the paid version. How would you feel if you paid $20, $40 (or $80 since Season 2 was all but announced already) to only fight against random Jagos every match? That's not Killer Instinct, that's Killer Jago.

Love the show, keep up the podcast! 10 more years and an iphone app.

I just checked my email and I also got Killer Instinct for free.. and I don't even have a gold membership.

I can't win!

https://twitter.com/CheapyD/status/399364974788628480

https://twitter.com/bravesbasebawls/status/399377817294499841

https://twitter.com/nae2shabby/status/399443482709721089

I take it all back. Everyone is horrible, including me.

No, you can't win. There are jackasses on both sides. Which is why your rant is so strange.

If you troll either side, even a little, you'll get people making angry replies. Some even made up out of whole cloth. Some even nonsensical.

Best not to poke the beehive(s).

I love Wombat on the cagcast. Although it didn't happen on this weeks show whenever he makes a bad pun and there's just awkward silence for a few seconds; for some reason thats the funniest thing in the world to me.

But the whole thing about complaining that Ship won something, all I can say is - "Waaa, I didn't get a gift for doing nothing. Waaa."

However I do agree with Wombat about putting the ads back up. I don't think anyone really cares and I never found the old ads to be annoying. Really who is going to blame you for trying to make a living at your job?

I am a PC gamer and don't really have a dog in this fight, but I have to say, I think it's kind annoying that after you guys took a very apathetic laid back "none of this shit matters" about basically every PR mistep of MS on the lead up to the Xbox One (it literally almost became a weekly catch phrase), you guys then chose to make a big deal out of what some fucking random idiots say online as if they are representative of Sony fans.

People say stupid shit online about everything online.  Sports fans fucking turn over cars and riot when their teams win and when their teams lose.  I don't know how this is remotely relevant to the discussion of the next gen consoles.   Talking about what what random dumb shit people say on the internet is dumb and taking it as a representative is even dumber.

I'm not buying either of these consoles at launch.  But when one is $100 cheaper and has better hardware and you want to label people who think that system is the clear better buy "fan boys," blow them off, and rope them in with random idiots online who say stupid shit, I think they have good reason to be annoyed.  Especially on a site called "Cheapassgamer" that is supposedly about value for your gaming dollar.  Again, I'm happy with my PC and Steam but it seems clear even to me that there is not parity between these two offerings.  In your guys world, I guess that puts me in the same category as crazy people who rant about random bullshit online even though I'm not buying a PS4 and have no intention of doing so anytime soon.  Weird.

However I do agree with Wombat about putting the ads back up. I don't think anyone really cares and I never found the old ads to be annoying. Really who is going to blame you for trying to make a living at your job?
Seconded. I also would still support the Premium member thing that was done as an April fools joke a few years back.

It is odd to get so put out about not getting a game that every one who owns an Xbox One will be getting for free anyway.

I will mostly agree with Wombat about the use of Major Nelson.  I do think he would be better served staying home doing videos and his regular podcast.  Where Wombat is wrong is he confusing the the van tour with what Major Nelson is doing.  They may intersect but the van tour is a separate thing.  Microsoft Studios has been doing at least one weekly stream showcasing their game for about a month.  The fact you may not know about could prove your point that Major Nelson should be doing them.  I am not sure why they are not pimping the streams on the 360 dashboard. 

I have no problem with a few banners on the site.  can you get some change by allowing amazon, gamefly, Microsoft or sony have access to the site's twitter feed?

Cheapy, post ads, the site is free and saves everyone here money.  WE are cheap, so we understand!  

Wombat, continue to be the voice of the disenfranchised, I did have been on XBOX live since the early days and nothing for me too.

The reality is that the cagcast is one of the top 5 videogame podcasts.. If Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo had any sense they would send all three of you their new consoles. The cagcast influences so many gamers which in turn are going to champion and promote these systems.

I loved the skit at the beginning where Wombat role played how George Costanza would have reacted to not getting a free video game that he didn't even really want in the first place. Brilliant!  

Whether he said it as a joke or not, Shipwreck is right, you guys are very pro xbox (and in the last year very pro PC).  I've been listening for a few years now and that's always been pretty apparent. But admittedly I'm sorta pro PS so maybe the little jabs at Sony stand out more to me. Either way I could care less.  Go ahead and enjoy your ad-filled 3rd xboxs or your 30 minutes of adjusting slider bars and running wireless HDMI do-dads to your TV, and I'll enjoy downloading firmware updates and slogging through the PS Store.  In the end we're all still playing and enjoying the same games.  So we all win.....

....but as I learned in this episode, the moment we don't all win, I'll start a twitter campaign and contact customer service until I do.

I'm burning with curiosity as to why CheapyD's suddenly giving away his current gen.  Was he visited by the ghost of Gunpei Yokoi and shown the meaning of Christmas Hanukkah?

Wombat's complaints are valid, but is it as big a deal as he's making it out to be? No. However, if he didn't complain about not getting an e-mail from Microsoft, the show would have been considerably less entertaining and there would have been no discussion in the comments. I haven't received any kind of gift from Microsoft through this promotion or loyalty program and I never expect to. It's just one of those things that I don't care enough about when there are plenty of people that haven't gotten it either. It seems totally random and complaining about not receiving it is like complaining about not winning in Vegas because the guy next to you just won on a slot machine. 

Patrick Klepeck joins in the battle against fanbois going nuts on twitter.

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/399915159734321152/photo/1

bread's done
Back