CAGcast #46: Pulling Pork

I am in complete agreement on the “multi-player gaming with your wife” thing. It seems like such a good idea on paper. In application? Not so much.

Thanks for the advice on the whole preorder question, and, Cheapy, I hope you get over that Avian flu soon.

X

I enjoyed the show, but right now my fanboy is coming out so I have to say it. Is the Vision camera inferier to the eyetoy, or just the products that have been made availble for it?
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

B

Something funny:

If I were to edit my post later, I could dupe the letter of the person posting after me, thereby disqualifying him from the contest according to Wombat's zany rule requirements.

Kerig
Associate Director Of Operations,
Loopholers Of Umerica

X

Great show minus the bodily functions and excretions. Why didn't you guys talk about the X06 news? Halo Wars? Peter Jackson? Guitar Hero for the 360. Some of the news you covered was just inconsequential compared to those.

I actually like Wombat pleading for free stuff. It cracks me up.

X

This was by far the best Cagcast of the bunch. The chemistry between Wombat and Cheapy was perfect and there were many laugh out loud moments:

From Wombat's description of the strike mechanics in Wii sports and Cheapy's commentary on that 'feature' to the already legendary "No, fuck" phrase coining, this is one for the time capsule.

Bravo.

I was a little surprised that you guys didn't talk about X06 considering you guys like to talk about 360 news. There was also no mention of Oblivion coming to the PS3 since both of you, though mostly Wombat now, always talked about it for a while after its release.

Wombat, have you gotten the chance to try out the Guitar Hero II demo in the November OPM? It kicks all sorts of ass and makes the next month even harder to bear. It even has co-op if you have friends that have their own controllers.

Good show. Keep up the good work.

T

Congrats Wombat on the invite to San Francisco! Don't be tempted by the high class treatment - you've got to keep your Womblog report as objective as possible. Eh who are we kidding, have fun and try not to overstuff yourself with hors d'eorves.

k

Heh, this Halogen thing reminds me of what happened to Bid For Power, a Quake III total conversion. Originally it was conceived as a Dragonball Z themed mod, but Infogrames gave the Cease and Desist orders. Luckily, this didn't stop the mod team completely. They kept the stages and the gameplay mechanics intact, but they created their own original characters to replace the DBZ characters. They were then able to release it (or at least they didn't get sued for releasing it). I haven't seen this Halogen mod yet, but perhaps if they significantly change the name and character designs, then they could still release it.

t

I'm looking forward to the new Cagcast. It's nice to listen to when I am doing dishes, or when I'm doing mind-numbing stuff at my desk at work.

BTW - Who can resist the letter:

X

bread's done
Back