CAGcast #55: Top Guns

Great show and 2 thumbs up on the quality (not a big problem before)

Wombat + Central Illinois Reference = FTW

Now the question is how did Wombat pull Peoria, IL out of nowhere? I can't believe that was the first city that popped into his head.

Cheapy wtf?! Myspace is like a $5 whore everyone keeps using even though the service is terrible. Seriously I'm sure most pepole's MySpace pages look like they threw up on a webpage, at least the one's I've seen are obnoxiously loud and loaded with too much Flash crap, at least seeing Oops!'s one made me almost wanna laugh and I felt said way above about the aforementioned. Also it's slow as fuck compared to Livejournal which I'd suggest instead compared to the train wreck knowns as MySpace.
edit: Massage. Cheapy got rolphed!!!!!!!!! snickers.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Cheapy, how far did you throw your cell phone?[/quote]It was actually my home phone, not the cell. I'm not crazy!

Great show as always. Cheapy, thank you for adding us to your Wii, looking forward to the Wombat Mii. Wombat, don't stop the Wii puns.

Edit: If anyone wants to hear the Cheapy segment only on the AGI cast, you can skip ahead to 1h, 26m.

loved the podcast, though maybe you should've gotten a pedicure instead of a manicure cheapy :p

I have been enjoying Resistance a lot more than you seem to have though, oh and when it starts getting harder you just need to think more about which weapon your using usually, they each have their own strengths

Thanks for playing your 360 noise. I'm a new 360 owner, and I was actually worried there was something wrong with mine due to all the noise it makes while playing Saint's Row. Your podcast has confirmed that my 360 is fine -- they are just crazy loud little machines.

Great Podcast.

The part where the bad review was read was pretty funny :lol:

And Cheapy, I completely agree with your view about Pirates 2, that movie was pretty bad. The movie seemed to just be Johnny Depp acting like a jackass for 2 1/2 hours...whoopee...

Great show as always (besides the stupid podcast gang war stuff). I don't see why Cheapy's comparing Burnout and Motorstorm since I can only see them sharing the spectacular crashes in common. Burnout's an arcade racer while Motorstorm is an offroad racer. Wombat, please stop with the Wii puns. It's a lot worse than the mooching, which I didn't take much offense to in the first place.

One suggestion I have for a new segment for the show is sort of a look at the discussions in the forums. Basically it would require you guys to take a look at the forums, find interesting topics (possibly relating to topics you plan to cover in the show), and mention how the discussion's going and how CAGs feel about the subject along with some quotes and such. The 1up Yours podcast does this and it makes for some interesting commentary on the 1up forums and its members.

Motorstorm is definitely an arcade racer. In fact, it's an arcade game in the truest sense of the word. It's the exact type of game you would/could expect to see in an arcade. There will be a lot of discussion about that Motorstorm in CAGcast #56 since I now have the Japanese retail version and have sunk several hours into it.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding forum discussions. I think we used to do that back in the CAGcast infancy and its time to get that started again.

[quote name='CheapyD']Motorstorm is definitely an arcade racer. In fact, it's an arcade game in the truest sense of the word. It's the exact type of game you would/could expect to see in an arcade. There will be a lot of discussion about that Motorstorm in CAGcast #56 since I now have the Japanese retail version and have sunk several hours into it.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding forum discussions. I think we used to do that back in the CAGcast infancy and its time to get that started again.[/quote]
I have to disagree. I'd say it's more like a next-gen version of MX vs. ATV Unleashed with more of a focus on multiple vehicle types and the deforming tracks.

[quote name='GameSpot']
MX vs. ATV Unleashed is a fast-paced and fun-filled arcade racing game, loaded with enough variety of modes and unlockable content to keep you engaged for quite a while.

[/QUOTE]

I see two items that stand out, "arcade" and "variety of modes and unlockable content"...Motorstorm gets the first, but not the second.

Thanks for another great show guys!

But, most of all, thanks for the sound bites! I am hoping to have time next week to work on a Flash before deadline, and you two have given me soooo much to work with!

Aw jeez, am I late for the contest? If not, please include me.

BTW
The show was great. The bad review that was covered in the first few minutes of the cagcast was erroneous.

[quote name='CheapyD']I see two items that stand out, "arcade" and "variety of modes and unlockable content"...Motorstorm gets the first, but not the second.[/quote]
I'm sorry, but there's nothing "arcade" about MX vs. ATV Unleashed. If they're using the logic that "if it's not a sim, then it's arcade," then it's BS.

bread's done
Back