CAGcast #67: Touching (Yourself) is Good

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
CheapyD and Wombat talk GDC, giant sausages, answer your questions from the CAGbag, play your 80s Karaoke Contest entries, and much more!

Sponsored by Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories for the PS2.
Click here for details on our 80's Karaoke Contest!

Download
- 72 minutes, 33MB

Past CAGcasts

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast67.mp3[/media]

Show Linkage/Notes
:

Bonus Pictures
CheapyD & Duke Saraie
more Duke pictures and a Duke Video
duke.jpg
dukewristband.jpg

Saw this guy at a club...he's off the chain!
chain.jpg

Cagcast baby!!!

Good show. I think this is the first time Wombat has been shy about a topic. If you ask me I think he demands sex too often, the wife complains to the doc and well you get the idea.

Damn, I'm used to being the first in here... just finished listening. I was about to wrap up my work and go start Rogue Galaxy when #67 popped up there (about 2:30 AM Pacific). So I decided instead to continue working and listen to it in the background. So while you hindered my game playing, you actually greatly aided my real job. I was finally able to figure out a problem I was having with some code while I listened. So kudos to you guys. Little did you know you'd be helping out with Sinusoidal map projections and Martian spheroids!

Despite the usual Wii putdowns (especially from Wombat), it was a good show ;).

Just ONE minor complaint. What is it with you guys and MARRY-OH!? I mean Nintendo's mascot. Last time I checked he ain't MARRY-OH. It is MARIO, as in Mahr-eo. Perhaps someone else can spell out the phonetics better than me, but, man, when I hear you guys say MARRY-OH it is just jarring for some reason :lol:. Perhaps it is my Italian heritage. I dunno...

Anyways, carry on...

Edit - wow, Cheapy, I know that you look out of place in Japan and all, and said you felt really out of place at that Duke thing. But, if you look at that picture you posted above, and just look at you and Duke from the eyes downward, you look like identical twins. Same nose, same eyes, same mouth/smile, same chin. Very creepy ;).

Wow, its amazing what you miss when you change the record time. We started recording about an 1.5 hours later than normal, we will make up for it next week.

This could possibly be one of the best quotes of the year so far “Show me someone who is not for killing Nazis, I will show you a Nazi.” Of all the Podcasts I listen to this could be the best quote so far this year.

Chris Hecker's rant I think is the developer himself voicing some concerns about the platform. I am guessing this is the guy that basically stood up and said what everyone in the developer community is thinking but he is the only one with the balls to say it, either that or he had been tipping back a few and then said it. His apology sounds like it was written by the PR department at EA. EA announced a few weeks ago about their increased support of the Wii, and then this Chris guy who sort of works for them comes out and just bashes the Wii, you can bet by the time he got off the podium five guys in black suits an dark sun glasses probably rushed him off to a room where the president of EA gave him a good tongue lashing.

Wombat, I had to laugh when you said you may not buy that Oblivion expansion pack right away. Who are you trying to kid? Anyone (myself included) who is as much of an Oblivion fan as you are (or at least portray yourself) will be downloading that thing the day it comes out.

To the bone head that said both Wombat and CheapyD have set their expectations to high I ask, what are you thinking when some say something like that? Really, explain. Both Wombat and CheapyD bring up excellent points about these supposed next gen games that are lacking features that should be expected. If Virtua Fighter had been online I would have bought it, as it when it hits the $20 bargain bin I will probably pick it up. I may not completely agree with Cheapy about Motorstorm, but I think that is more of a difference of thinking then anything else. We as consumers should never feel like we have to high of expectations. We have every right to want it all, and it is developer’s jobs to get it to us, so we can want even more. Unfortunately it is then accounting and management job to charge us more for all the things we want.

Wombat, as someone who went through a tough marriage which ended up in divorce let me give you a little tip. If you lay on your left arm, there by diminishing the blood circulation to that arm you will in effect numb it. People in America common refer to this as your arm going to sleep. So if you do that before you “box the clown” (masturbate) it kind of feels like it is someone else giving you a hand job!

Great show! Looking forward to next week.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Cagcast baby!!!

Good show. I think this is the first time Wombat has been shy about a topic. If you ask me I think he demands sex too often, the wife complains to the doc and well you get the idea.[/quote]

I was thinking the same.

Don't worry Wombat. I feel your pain. In fact, we should start a support group.

[quote name='io']
Just ONE minor complaint. What is it with you guys and MARRY-OH!? I mean Nintendo's mascot. Last time I checked he ain't MARRY-OH. It is MARIO, as in Mahr-eo. Perhaps someone else can spell out the phonetics better than me, but, man, when I hear you guys say MARRY-OH it is just jarring for some reason :lol:. Perhaps it is my Italian heritage. I dunno...
[/QUOTE]

I think this was in a previous CAGcast, but the jist is to not trust that a Japanese company will get the pronunciation of Italian names correct.

Thank you for mentioning Electric Dreams! I remember watching this movie when I was like 4 years old and being saddened by
the computer "dying" at the end after he requests to have champagne spilled on him again.
That's the only thing I remembered about it though so it was tough trying to figure out what it was about, let alone what the the title was. Now if they would only release it on DVD, I would add it to my 80's movie collection next to Short Circuit and Batteries Not Included.

Great show by the way :D

CheapyD referred to Mrs. Wombat's "down there" as the "Wombat Zone". That statement did have some element of comedy in it, but if he were to be just a bit quicker and wittier, he could have called it the true "Wombat's Burrough". Such a joke would have hilarious sexual imagery to bring a smile to every listener. That is my analysis.

[quote name='sloof70']CheapyD referred to Mrs. Wombat's "down there" as the "Wombat Zone". That statement did have some element of comedy in it, but if he were to be just a bit quicker and wittier, he could have called it the true "Wombat's Burrough". Such a joke would have hilarious sexual imagery to bring a smile to every listener. That is my analysis.[/quote]

that me laugh so hard i almost fell of my chair

It's been said before, but I'll say it again... what puts this well beyond the typical "XYZ game is being released, , aren't I clever" game podcast is the personal hosts' personal lives and the extent to which they are revealed.

Great show; I might be (mildly) upset at Wombat for showing some boundaries, if it weren't for the fact that he started the show off with his wife getting waxed... I nearly burst out laughing that you went into so much detail in the show... you guys are lucky you have such tolerant, even encouraging, wives, especially Wombat.

Nice job on the podcast this week.
I'm surprised that you guys didn't talk about Ouendan, because that's pretty exciting for DS importers, like myself.

Whatever.

The only thing sadder than a man afraid to talk about sex is a man afraid of his wife. Wombat needs to take a long hard look at himself here.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']I think this was in a previous CAGcast, but the jist is to not trust that a Japanese company will get the pronunciation of Italian names correct.[/QUOTE]

Well, it seems like it is pronounced fine in the Nintendo games themselves. It is only Cheapy and Wombat that I hear pronounce it wrong ;). Must be a New York thing... But yes, if this was discussed previously I missed it - I've only been listening since the last 5 or so.

I want to go ahead and apologise about my comment from last show, after hearing it repeated back to me it was definently over the top and exaggerated, I am still a bit taken aback by your view point on the "more of the same" belief but take the anger my previous post had as a grain of salt please.

dont sweat what that guy said about yous guys complaining too much. the fact is younger gamers have it lucky but then again unlucky. we grew up in an era where the graphics werent really all that great so to make up for it you needed great level design, stories and fun gameplay. nowdays games, and movies, tend to be geared more towards this new add suffering generation of gamers.

yeah some younger gamers know the thrill and joy of classic gaming due to them having older siblings or just having taken the time to try them out on emulators and what not but most people dont know just how much games have changed in the years.

they look way better now than they ever have but because of that developers are more ready willing to throw out crap grab some quick loot and run away. and the medium games are on now changes things too. carts werent cheap so fi you were gonna put a game on one you better make sure youre gonna get your money back but with cds its not too big of a loss if it doesnt sell too well.

if we as gamers arent more picky about what we play we will continue to be bombarded by shit games ( especially movie based games and now comic book movie based games) the same way were being bombarded with shit movies.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Cagcast baby!!!

Good show. I think this is the first time Wombat has been shy about a topic. If you ask me I think he demands sex too often, the wife complains to the doc and well you get the idea.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think the problem is that Wombat is finishing a bit too early for Mrs. Wombat. The psychiatrist might recommend he masturbate more often to help him last longer during the main event.

Not meant as a bash on Wombat, but a guess based on the way he was being evasive and he mentioned something about the problem not necessarily being with his wife.

xraytd, you know I never thought of that. But then he would only have to take the first bullet out of the gun just before the main event. Hey if you find yourself getting to exicted to fast, ask yourself "Why is Bruce Willis a star?". I tell you there is no end to the wisdom you can glean from the television show Married With Children.

Wombat, sorry to make light of the situation.

perhaps CAGcast is more prominently heard than I thought cause I saw the following game prominently displayed at my local import show

Railfan...

yeah it was the one of the two ps3 games that were featured in the glass case

the other one was a idol game or something

This week's show seemed like a sloppy show, like you guys managed to throw this show together at the very last minute. It was an unfortunate and unexpectedly bad show this week for whatever reason.

I've never fast forwarded through any previous CAGcast, but I absolutely had to skip past the karaoke stuff since Cheapy felt the need to play much more than he needed to to get his point about how bad they are. The contest isn't even over yet, so why the cruel and unusual punishment? Also, please let Wombat have his privacy over whatever caused the "Wombat needs to masterbate more" thing instead of hounding him for "the truth."

I still don't really understand why you guys hate the PSP. I'd have to guess that neither of you really give a shit about the PSP because you don't want to find games you'd like to play on it. I have to say Wombat sounds like he's expecting way too much of the potential redesign of the PSP with wanting a Dual Shock with a screen in the middle of it. It sounds like you're just giving in to the developers and gamers who act like the PSP control scheme is some scary new beast when the Dreamcast controller was the same damn thing, which I don't recall any hating on that controller. Developers need to stop using it as a scapegoat to create shitty cameras and work on making something that isn't so half-assed. Ratchet and Clank had a good camera, Metal Gear Solid worked well enough, and Syphon Filter seems to have an interesting solution.

I look forward to seeing you guys get back on track next week, if you can.

Frisky's right -- lay the hell off of Wombat. He's just tryin' to make a livin' and I'm sure his battle station is fully operational.

Anyway, I quite liked the karaoke contest segment. It's a pretty fun idea and some of the performances have been hilariously bad which is just about what you want from karaoke. It's stuff like this that's going to help push the CAGcast over the top like Sylvester Stallone.

I had to throw my headphones off towards the end of the CAGcast so you wouldn't spoil it for me... I'm on the last section of Ico now. :)

Why do you pronounce your Japanese words so funny? You talk about how karaoke isn't pronounced "kareeokee" but you're not saying it right either. And you also say Sudoku and Musou in a very wrong way.

[quote name='atomsk']Why do you pronounce your Japanese words so funny? You talk about how karaoke isn't pronounced "kareeokee" but you're not saying it right either. And you also say Sudoku and Musou in a very wrong way.[/quote]It's an elaborate ploy to get you to post in this thread. Mission accomplished.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I had to throw my headphones off towards the end of the CAGcast so you wouldn't spoil it for me... I'm on the last section of Ico now. :)[/QUOTE]

he doesn't spoil the ending at all, i was hoping he would heh.

[quote name='sloof70']CheapyD referred to Mrs. Wombat's "down there" as the "Wombat Zone". That statement did have some element of comedy in it, but if he were to be just a bit quicker and wittier, he could have called it the true "Wombat's Burrough". Such a joke would have hilarious sexual imagery to bring a smile to every listener. That is my analysis.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Cheapy - Please continue to pursue Wombat's mystery. The people have spoken!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This week's show seemed like a sloppy show, like you guys managed to throw this show together at the very last minute. It was an unfortunate and unexpectedly bad show this week for whatever reason.

I've never fast forwarded through any previous CAGcast, but I absolutely had to skip past the karaoke stuff since Cheapy felt the need to play much more than he needed to to get his point about how bad they are. The contest isn't even over yet, so why the cruel and unusual punishment? Also, please let Wombat have his privacy over whatever caused the "Wombat needs to masterbate more" thing instead of hounding him for "the truth."

I still don't really understand why you guys hate the PSP. I'd have to guess that neither of you really give a shit about the PSP because you don't want to find games you'd like to play on it. I have to say Wombat sounds like he's expecting way too much of the potential redesign of the PSP with wanting a Dual Shock with a screen in the middle of it. It sounds like you're just giving in to the developers and gamers who act like the PSP control scheme is some scary new beast when the Dreamcast controller was the same damn thing, which I don't recall any hating on that controller. Developers need to stop using it as a scapegoat to create shitty cameras and work on making something that isn't so half-assed. Ratchet and Clank had a good camera, Metal Gear Solid worked well enough, and Syphon Filter seems to have an interesting solution.

I look forward to seeing you guys get back on track next week, if you can.[/quote]

Are you nuts? I loved this show. The singing had me laughing my ass off. And I also love it when they do the show on the fly with minimal planning. It makes the humor more real and spontanious. If I wanted scripted, i'd watch X-play.

Great show guys. And with that, I must ask...

...would it kill you to do two shows a week? I mean that's what, 2 hours out of your entire week? Come onnnnnnnn!

Alright! Alright! I was wrong! CheapyD got the E3 invitation and I said he wouldn't! Imagine my shock hearing my name mentioned, but I was even more surprised you remembered I sent you that email!

You may crucify me now :)

FlashStash

It was an alright show this week.

I wish you'd talk more about the PS3, I mean its the first time its starting to get good news.

PS3Home, Singstar, Little Big Planet, Immersion Case settled, God of War 3 announced, Heavenly Sword almost here!

Entertaining Show as always. I'm going to go with the current theory that Wombat might be showing his "O" face a lil too soon and thats why he needs to wank his furry lil wombat more.

To answer the question u guys wouldnt...I would kill Kratos (I think he would scare me), Marry Mario and F Master Chief. At least he would be completely suited, so you won't ever know how he looks like and you might even be able to pretend hes a chick...and yes, I spent a lil too long thinking bout that question.

Does Wombat say "hype outly either" when responding to the letter about being jaded?

Also, what telephone commercials is cheapy referring to?

Compared to other shows, this one was a bit meh. Especially coming of two great ones in 66 and 65. I don't know, this week just seemed like everything was rushed and they didn't elaborate on everything as much as they usually do. and I agree, with all the ps3 news, some more talk about that would have been nice instead of all the continued talk of TMNT.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Compared to other shows, this one was a bit meh. Especially coming of two great ones in 66 and 65. I don't know, this week just seemed like everything was rushed and they didn't elaborate on everything as much as they usually do. and I agree, with all the ps3 news, some more talk about that would have been nice instead of all the continued talk of TMNT.[/quote]

Yea... when there is good news about the PS3 they spend like 2-3 minutes on the subject. But when its bad news, they spend a good quarter of the show discussing it...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea... when there is good news about the PS3 they spend like 2-3 minutes on the subject. But when its bad news, they spend a good quarter of the show discussing it...[/QUOTE]

Yea, I don't know. I guess I was expecting a little more than the 3 minutes they gave to both Home and/or Littlebigplanet. It seems like such a leap forward for Sony but I guess it isn't half as exciting as a Train Simulator;)

Either way though, this wasn't the most exciting show and I'm a big fan of the usual CAGcast conversing. Hope the next show with perhaps a guest brings something fresh to the table...

I'm not really excited about Home at all and I really want a PS3. Maybe if there were some, I dunno, good games out maybe Cheapy and Wombat could spend more time talking about it.

Even negative press is press, so I think Sony still benefits by people talking about their system. It'd be a lot worse if nobody talked about it as it would mean people don't have any kind of interest in it whatsoever.

Then again, you can only say "too expensive, not enough quality games" in so many different ways...

This is the first time I've ever been able to listen to a CAGcast, but I loved it. I'm gonna continue listening, definatly!

The kareoke(sp?) clips made me laugh damn hard

MystryMan, if the CAGCast is to be our reminder, then Cheapy and Wombat are going to have to start kicking out a daily show!

Jeeze, that Duke guy... what a huge scam. It must be horrible to get paid tons of cash, just to teach cute girls "how to walk." :roll:

bread's done
Back