CAGcast #87: Falafel Problems

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
CheapyD talks about his G4 TV appearance, the COD4 beta, and CAG's response to the Circuit City subpoena. We also discuss the value lost in downloadable games, answer your CAGbag questions, discuss the latest gaming and shopping news, and so much more!

Note: The Circuit City discussion starts at the 8:51 mark. Documents posted below.
[media]http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagcast87.mp3[/media]
Download - 80 minutes, 37MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Circuit City Legal Documents
Circuit City's Complaint (882kb pdf)
CAG's Objection & Motion to Quash (250kb pdf)
"Highlights" on Flickr (Complaint / CAG Objection)

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Note: This is the macbook lapdesk that interupted the show...I love it already!
http://www.amazon.com/Ilap-13-3-Laptop-Stand-Design/dp/B000J02BIK/r

Awesome! Thanks :applause:

Comments:

Only 5 mins in and already a "Hot Fury" Thats one hell of a morning start

Obligatory OMG, you never played Super Mario 64 comment: yes, it Really did blow people away when it was released, and it really is amazing how much it still holds up really well today. glad to hear you are enjoying it.

The Checkpoint system in Resistance is terrible.

Hurray! I gotta say i think the Super mario N64 song is my favorite of all the marios.

edit: oh man cheapys falafel story was hilarious.

Wow, less than 3 minutes in and
a shit my pants story! Don't worry Cheapy, that's always my biggest nightmare is needing to BM at the wrong time or where there's no fuck ing bathroom. "Turtle poking it's head" ahahaha. Man, if you didn't spit hot fire during the interview, you sure did it before the interview!

Ahaha Wombat's a 14-year-old girl!

This CAGcast is starting off to be highly amusing.

WOOT saw you on G4 AOTS and the green screen did not work around you shinney head lol your head seemed to be glowing:hot:

PS: just a question on you last cast you said the first 750 blah and so on where to I replay cause I replyed on the post you made for that cast and I was just wondering

Scobie and I sure are making the rounds with the CAG big wigs. :)
This is all your fault marten and musicnoteless.

I'm pretty sure there were a couple big explosions during WW2.
they scared the Japanese so much that they reference them in just about every other anime.

Oh and do the cagcast with Mrs. CheapyD next week for a special edition.

Is AOTS really live? I was told it was, but there's absolutely no need for it to be. It's all just segments. Is it better to run a live show with delayed guests than to polish it up?

I agree with Wombat about leveling up for multiplayer shooters is terribly implimented. If you start with a pistol and have to work you way up to earn a rocket launcher, for instance... what's the point? By the time you got there, you should be good enough not to need it.

Like in the Professional (Leon), newbies should get sniper rifles, and you work your way up to a hunting knife. Newbies should be decked out in a full suit of armor, while experts run around in boxer shorts, just to show how badass they are.

It should be more balanced. Perhaps you can earn bigger weapons as you level up, but using them greatly hinders your agility to even out the benefits. Maybe create a point system where you earn better weapons and armor, but your overall points you can spend stays the same. So you can earn a four-star gun, but that leaves you with only one star for armor.

Rewards in multiplayer should just be cosmetic (new skins and outfits) or unlock stuff for the single player.

But I doubt this'll happen.

Will the EA offices be a multiplayer map for this modern warfare game?

i dont know whats funnier....subpoenaing a John Doe, or the line that says Circuit City is a national leader in retail OR the legal document stating cheapass...LOL..
how is circuit city at a competitive disadvantage when the price break was national...whats funnier is this is over $15,000, are they that low in fuckin retail to bitch about something so small...

[quote name='gunm']
Ahaha Wombat's a 14-year-old girl!

This CAGcast is starting off to be highly amusing.[/QUOTE]

14? Nah, too old. The only person I know who loves High School Musical is my 8 year-old neice :rofl:.

*bursts out laughing at Wombat's 13 hour day.*

Try a 19 hour day.

And no, I'm not travelling cross-continental.

4am-11pm. Working.

OOH THANK GOD I GOT DOUBLE TIME FOR THAT ONE.

Around $20 an hour. $380 in one day.

Nice show... btw Leipzig is pronounced more like "Laipzick". The "ei" part should be pronounced as if you are reading Japanese ie Heihachi's name.

Maine next week, no shit. I'll be there too, stuffin my face with lobster. Good show guys. Cheaps you must upgrade to ilife '08, totally worth it. imovie is all new and improved and even easier to use. peep the tutorial at apple.com

I still have my N64 and Mario 64. I'll pop it in and go surfing on the red shell with the hat with wings around the first level every so often.

I have all but ONE star, which I think I glitched my game so I can't get it. I'll get around to playing through it again. Don't want to spoil it for you if you don't know already what happens when you get them all but I HAVE to do it myself just so I can say I did... Even after all these years lol.

This isn't all of them but these (plus a bunch of cross platform titles) will be coming in the next coming months for PS3:

Tekken 5 Online
Time Crisis 4 + Guncon (works on all TV's)
WarHawk
Lair
Hot Shots Golf 5
Bunch of PSN titles
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet and Clank
Folklore
Eye of Judgement
Haze
Unreal Tournament 3
Singstar
Uncharted
GT5 Prologue
LittleBigPlanet (I think...)

Add wombat to the list of people raving about the turtle beach ear force x1. I almost bought the wireless x2 last year until I saw the reviews. Here is hoping the wireless x3 in sept. Wombat you should hit them up for a free pair to review the x3 for all of us...

Hey Cheapy, I just listened to the CAGcast as usual and just wondered something. If Wombat is going on Vacation next week why don't you do a Podcast and have a guest co-host? Have Thorinbon or one of the more known mods help with the show. I would say the same if you ever was off and Wombat could run the show (plus it would be interesting to see what he'll do).

Make the show shorter in this case. You guys normally run a good 1:45 but make it a hour long show.

10 out of 10 does not mean a perfect game. This idea has been bandied out for years and every time it comes up it gets shit because it's stupid. 10 out of 10 just means the game is at the top of the pile and is better than everything else in the genre and/or does everything it does better than every other game. Soul Calibur, for example, received a lot of 10/10 scores in 199 not because the game was perfect, but because the game did everything better than every 3D fighting game up to that point.

[quote name='kPod']*bursts out laughing at Wombat's 13 hour day.*

Try a 19 hour day.

And no, I'm not travelling cross-continental.

4am-11pm. Working.[/quote]

You are obviously a much better man than Wombat.

Any other skeletons you wanna get out of your closet there Cheapy? First, no Super Metroid, now no Mario 64? What the hell?

What's next? No Super Mario Bros. 3?

Wombat: You say that no game should ever get a 10, but whats the point of having 10s if it never gets used? This isn't warp drive here, it's like the AO rating from the ESRB, theres effectively no point in having it. I like the way the 1up/EGM people handle 10s, they say 10 doesnt mean its perfect, its just worthy of the highest rating on their scale and I don't see anything wrong with that. Otherwise why not just have a scale of 7-9 like IGN?

I like how Wombat has no comment on the definition of goosing/kancho.

Oh and great idea for adding voicechat to wii games!

[quote name='nym123']is anyone else having trouble downloading the episode? it seems the server is down[/quote]

Yeah I can't download the show right now either. I guess the server is down.

What is funny is that we all know that CC has 'landed' and is probably searching these forums on a daily basis for any info they can use for the 'case'. What is even funnier is that I'm sure they got an eye full a few weeks ago when realized how nothing in the adds ever ring up what the sale price is --- for example the 25% game sale and then the 360 points deal a few weeks ago. I wonder how much employee time is wasted reading adds... re-reading adds... getting managers... long check outs... that has cost them at least $15,000.

If the first few hours are any indication, Bio is actually a pretty standard shooter underneath all the state of the art production values.

huh, is something wrong with the server? My itunes isn't downloading it, and I cant seem to listen or download it from the site

I see other's are having the same problem, hope it gets fixed, can't live without my cagcast

[quote name='LarryGe']huh, is something wrong with the server? My itunes isn't downloading it, and I cant seem to listen or download it from the site

I see other's are having the same problem, hope it gets fixed, can't live without my cagcast[/quote]

wake up cheapy! :cry:

link to download doesn't work. Please fix. I REALLY want to listen, since no sound works on my comp. right now, and I have to download it to my mp3 player.

[quote name='LarryGe']huh, is something wrong with the server? My itunes isn't downloading it, and I cant seem to listen or download it from the site

I see other's are having the same problem, hope it gets fixed, can't live without my cagcast[/QUOTE]

The site the podcasts are hosted on has been down most of the day. Yippee!

yeah that whole interview didnt come off as well as it shoild maybe because he kept calling you by your real name which means he probably didnt know you by your site name. damn though man you should have tried to shoot some game at olivia though at least tell her how much you love to watch her rack.

but above that wtf is with chris gore. why is it everytime he does one of those kinds of segements he always makes that douchebag face he makes. makes it look like someone cut a hot one nearby and he just caught a whiff of it. id also like to know if morgan webb really plays games and if so how good is she really............ and then id liek to know if i could give her the credit card treatment.

i listend to it this morning

all this time CheapyD was a hoax.
he called himself a gamer, but never once played super mario 64 :)

[quote name='shipwreck']The site the podcasts are hosted on has been down most of the day. Yippee![/quote]
Those fuckers...time to leave them.
I've uploaded the show to my server. You should be able to get it now.

Hey Cheapy,

Hilarious start to the show with your bathroom story. But I don't think this is the first time you talked about almost shiteing your pants. Did you get this all the time when you lived in the States, or is there something special about Japanese cuisine that gives you that not-so-fresh feeling?

-Yipwoop

[quote name='CheapyD']Those fuckers...time to leave them.
I've uploaded the show to my server. You should be able to get it now.[/quote]

thanks cheapyd, I can finally listen to it, still doesn't work on itunes though... No hurry though

Cheapy distribute the cagcast through torrents, I'd seed :D

It wouldn't work through iTunes because I bet the RSS links to libsyn.

bread's done
Back