Caghl 2k6 - *Congrats to TJordan522, the 2k6 Champ*

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Yeah, Wednesday, tonight I'm busy with my girlfriend. I'll make sure to set an alarm for the game tomorrow night so this doesnt happen again.[/QUOTE]

sounds good see you then!

[quote name='SteveMcQ']

Just FYI, I'm not gonna go out of my way and do a wholesale thread because of this just 'cause I'm idle. There's gonna be players who are off limits as there would be if I were still playing.

[/QUOTE]

-

This one is going to make headlines...

Right winger, Alex Kovalev (88 overall) and goaltender Jose Theodore (89) are on the trading block.

Some trade offers were already sent to caghl teams (san jose, detroit)

[quote name='Brad906']I was supposed to play dafoomie at 7...he hasn't shown yet.[/QUOTE]

Alright...I waited a half hour. We'll have to play another night.

I take it back...$5 through Paypal and you can have any one player of your choice from the Ducks. First come first serve ;) Sorry, no rainchecks and no layaway. Good while supplies last.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I take it back...$5 through Paypal and you can have any one player of your choice from the Ducks. First come first serve ;) Sorry, no rainchecks and no layaway. Good while supplies last.[/QUOTE]
Then you could buy a new copy of NHL and rejoin the league!

[quote name='METH']This one is going to make headlines...

Right winger, Alex Kovalev (88 overall) and goaltender Jose Theodore (89) are on the trading block.

Some trade offers were already sent to caghl teams (san jose, detroit)[/QUOTE]
i had to take you up on that one.

i read your article, and as a result i sent you another offer.

also, i thought about it a bit more and we're not going to be doing any trades with teams that aren't currently participating in the league. it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i had to take you up on that one.

i read your article, and as a result i sent you another offer.

also, i thought about it a bit more and we're not going to be doing any trades with teams that aren't currently participating in the league. it just doesn't make a lot of sense.[/QUOTE]

I've checked out your new offer...and had to make a counter offer.

Koivu + Souray ---> Fisher + Lang

that's a really good offer, but i can't do it. i've been having good luck with lang this season, and i think i should keep him.

would you be interested in draper and schneider for bonk and souray?

BigDirty hasn't responded on here or on AIM. Has anyone talked to him?

I know we have plenty of time left to get our games in, but I had nothing going on Sunday and Monday and it would have been much easier to play then. Oh well. :(

[quote name='thatstoobad']that's a really good offer, but i can't do it. i've been having good luck with lang this season, and i think i should keep him.

would you be interested in draper and schneider for bonk and souray?[/QUOTE]

Maybe...
But i might be done dealing with Detroit ;)

My goal is to get a roster filled with french-canadian players.

I'll be making offers throughout the CAGHL.

(edit: trade offers have been sent to Philly, Tampa, L.A, Dallas & Colorado)

[quote name='METH']Maybe...
But i might be done dealing with Detroit ;)

My goal is to get a roster filled with french-canadian players.

I'll be making offers throughout the CAGHL.

(edit: trade offers have been sent to Philly, Tampa, L.A, Dallas & Colorado)[/QUOTE]
I knew it had to be because he was Canadian.

Alright, I'll let your French-speaking friend return home.

I still haven't gotten any offers for Turco.

[quote name='thatstoobad']

also, i thought about it a bit more and we're not going to be doing any trades with teams that aren't currently participating in the league. it just doesn't make a lot of sense.[/QUOTE]

So does that mean the Sykora deal is dead, or did you mean after the Sykora deal?

[quote name='radjago']I knew it had to be because he was Canadian.

I still haven't gotten any offers for Turco.[/QUOTE]

Huh? I sent you one the other day.

New trade offers out for:
Turco of Dallas
Bulis of Montreal (it would be cool to unite some of my czech brethren)

Here are some higher talented Penguin players that are now on the trading block.

LeClair, John
Morozov, Aleksey
Odelein, Lyle
Palffy, Ziggy
Tarnstrom, Dick
Thibault, Jocelyn
Caron, Sebastien
Eastwood, Mike
Jackman, Ric
Gonchar, Sergei

Looking for speed in return, and maybe a upgrade in goal.

[quote name='radjago']I knew it had to be because he was Canadian.

I still haven't gotten any offers for Turco.[/QUOTE]

Hey when you're the only frenchy in the league... what do you want me to do ;)

thanks man!

[quote name='METH']Hey when you're the only frenchy in the league... what do you want me to do ;)

thanks man![/QUOTE]
Meth, if I have any one else you want, feel free to make an offer. Also, did you design your avatar yourself? I really want a cool one with my last name and an "R". That would be sweet! I was hoping there was somewhere to download them.

[quote name='TJordan522']So does that mean the Sykora deal is dead, or did you mean after the Sykora deal?[/QUOTE]
the sykora deal is dead.

SHUT DOWN!

(sorry)

[quote name='thatstoobad']the sykora deal is dead.

SHUT DOWN!

(sorry)[/QUOTE]

You didn't have to be mean about it. Hey you up for trading that old bum Yzerman? He's really slow.

Not sure if it registered, but Bruins win 7-5 on 4 goals by Sergei Samsonov.

Great game, went down 0-2 or 0-3 in the 1st, finally tied it up 4-4 or 5-5, and took the lead in the 3rd. That was a fun game.

[quote name='dafoomie']Not sure if it registered, but Bruins win 7-5 on 4 goals by Sergei Samsonov.[/QUOTE]
wow, that's a big win. nice job. crappy thing is that it didn't register (which is a total bummer, since most of the games have been registering lately), but i'll just plug the numbers in.

[quote name='Matt Young']BigDirty hasn't responded on here or on AIM. Has anyone talked to him?

I know we have plenty of time left to get our games in, but I had nothing going on Sunday and Monday and it would have been much easier to play then. Oh well. :([/QUOTE]
if i remember correctly, bigdirty has a job where he occasionally has to travel and stuff, so chances are he's busy with that. i'm sure he'll let you know what's going on as soon as he can.

[quote name='repetske']You didn't have to be mean about it. Hey you up for trading that old bum Yzerman? He's really slow.[/QUOTE]
he knows i wasn't really being mean (i think). i wasn't really being mean. i was joking. but when i say that yzerman can, has, and will score the pants off of your goalie, i'm not joking. i mean it. because it's true, it's damn true.

besides, i don't know of any players on the atlanta thrashers who have their own collection of furniture (http://www.artvan.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=800006209&langId=-1 )...

[quote name='dafoomie']Not sure if it registered, but Bruins win 7-5 on 4 goals by Sergei Samsonov.

Great game, went down 0-2 or 0-3 in the 1st, finally tied it up 4-4 or 5-5, and took the lead in the 3rd. That was a fun game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was a great game. I had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, it didn't register.
When I was up 3-0, I was thinking shutout. Things went downhill from there lol.

Whether I'm just starting to suck and I'm looking for a scapegoat or the problem does relate to goaltending, I am now on a 2 game losing streak. For a 9-3 team, a two game losing streak is unacceptable.

Tomas Vokoun has played his last NHL game as a Nashville Predator. Chris Mason is the new starter until a trade can be worked out to send Vokoun packing.

Radjago...I am very interested in Turco.

I have sent a PM to cfreeze a few days ago and have not heard back from him on that end, but he did send me a voice message via XBL but he signed off before I got it.

[quote name='Brad906']Yeah, that was a great game. I had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, it didn't register.

Whether I'm just starting to suck and I'm looking for a scapegoat or the problem does relate to goaltending, I am now on a 2 game losing streak. For a 9-3 team, a two game losing streak is unacceptable.

Tomas Vokoun has played his last NHL game as a Nashville Predator. Chris Mason is the new starter until a trade can be worked out to send Vokoun packing.

Radjago...I am very interested in Turco.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the goaltending can be weird sometimes. I thought 2 of the first 3 goals were Raycroft's fault, one of them he had in the crease and he watched it trickle in slowly. I've even had 2 goals against me this year where the puck went under the back of the net, from behind the net, and it counted.

Does the 360 version have these problems with registering games and stuff?

[quote name='Brad906']Yeah, that was a great game. I had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, it didn't register.

Radjago...I am very interested in Turco.[/QUOTE]
I played Cheapy tonight and got shut down. The first half was very slow with 0-0 going well into the second period. Too many penalties and missed opportunities. Cheapy pulled ahead with 2 goals before I could answer with 1 and he topped it off with another with just 14 seconds left.

So yeah, I'm interested in Vokoun. I'll look over your offer and PM you with an answer.

I played Sighlintbob last night and won 5-3, looked like the game registered but like usual, it didnt. It was a game I thought I was gonna get destroyed in since he was up 2-0 within the first few minutes of the game but then his goalkeeper let me have the game after a few slap shots that went right by him along with a trickler. Was a great game though.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I played Sighlintbob last night and won 5-3, looked like the game registered but like usual, it didnt. It was a game I thought I was gonna get destroyed in since he was up 2-0 within the first few minutes of the game but then his goalkeeper let me have the game after a few slap shots that went right by him along with a trickler. Was a great game though.[/QUOTE]

nice game gomer! those slap shots were brutal!

hey if you guys have teams not being used I wouldn't mind getting in. I just got the game last night. I'm good about playing my games in leagues

[quote name='jlarlee']hey if you guys have teams not being used I wouldn't mind getting in. I just got the game last night. I'm good about playing my games in leagues[/QUOTE]
that's cool. if we have one more player that is into playing in the season, then we'll bump it back up to an 18 team league. i just want to wait until there's an even number of teams participating, as i'm sure you can understand.

[quote name='thatstoobad']that's cool. if we have one more player that is into playing in the season, then we'll bump it back up to an 18 team league. i just want to wait until there's an even number of teams participating, as i'm sure you can understand.[/QUOTE]

certainly

How many games are left to be played this week? Also, please feel free to send me any trades. The only people off limits are Ilya Kovalchuk and Mike Dunham.

Edit* Trade sent to Meth.

[quote name='repetske']How many games are left to be played this week? Also, please feel free to send me any trades. The only people off limits are Ilya Kovalchuk and Mike Dunham.

Edit* Trade sent to Meth.[/QUOTE]

I still need to play cfreeze this week but I have not heard back from him as of yet.

p.s.
I just checked his CAG profile he has not been on the site since 1/31, and his XBL profile says he has been inactive there since 2/1.

[quote name='repetske']How many games are left to be played this week? Also, please feel free to send me any trades. The only people off limits are Ilya Kovalchuk and Mike Dunham.

Edit* Trade sent to Meth.[/QUOTE]
as ajh said above me, his game hasn't been played yet, and neither has the kings/sharks game. that's it.

[quote name='thatstoobad']that's cool. if we have one more player that is into playing in the season, then we'll bump it back up to an 18 team league. i just want to wait until there's an even number of teams participating, as i'm sure you can understand.[/QUOTE]
We should put something in the thread title and the OP that we're looking for another dedicated player for the league.

alright, i can add something to the title.

i'd be lying if i said that i wouldn't rather keep the league at just 16 teams, but i know that the majority would like to have as many players as possible, and i'm cool with that.

so, this is a note to any interested parties. if you join the league, you can play as the rangers, the mighty ducks, the senators, or the sabres. the thing to keep in mind is that each team has a different record (with the senators having the worst). if you are interested, please PM me or post here.

ok. i updated the schedule. as you'll notice, i have posted the adjusted standings to include total points (which accounts for overtime losses). since goals for or goal differential is a fair tie breaker (with half the games not registering), the first tie breaker will be wins (obviously), so in cases like my tie in points with st. louis, he comes in ahead of me. the second tie breaker will be the head to head record between two teams (which is the reason nashville comes in ahead of atlanta). i'll post this every week to keep you updated.

which brings me to my second point, which is about replacement players and how i'm not sure it's such a good idea. for starters, i don't know if it's really fair to everyone to allow a new player to take over a team that already has a better record than half the league (like buffalo and the rangers). in addition to that, this past week, our first week with 16 players, we only had to simulate a single game. third, i already adjusted the schedule for the coming weeks last week, so if we get new players, i'll have to go through and redo it all over again, and i'm pretty lazy. now, if everyone is really gung ho about having more players, then cool, i'll certainly oblige, but if everyone is fairly indifferent about the whole thing (and i have a feeling that's the case, since we all seem like a pretty indifferent bunch), i'd prefer to keep things the way they are.

anyways, this brings us to this week's schedule. due to the adjustments made in the schedule, we'll now have the second meeting this season between the first place devils and the now third place red wings. earlier this year, the wings handed the devils their first loss of the season, and they are looking to have history repeat itself with another win, but this will be no easy task as the devils are riding high after defeating the always challenging atlanta thrashers. speaking of the trashers, this week atlanta will have to face the pittsburgh penguins who are coming into the game with a 6 game winning streak. the penguins are looking to match the accomplishment of their city's steelers and make a run all the way to the CAG Cup. in addition, the surging l.a. kings, who have won 4 of their last 5 games, will take on the nashville predators who are in a rut after losing two straight. nashville is hoping the newly acquired marty turco will have a strong showing. the sixth place philadelphia flyers look to quietly continue moving up the standings as they face the san jose sharks this week. there's more games this week, but this paragraph is getting pretty long so i'm going to wrap it up.

PLAY BY DATE: 02/14/06

standings:
Team----------------W---L---OTL---Points
1. new jersey-----11---2----0-----22
2. st. louis---------10---3----0-----20
3. detroit-----------9----4----2-----20
4. nashville--------9----4----0-----18
5. atlanta----------9----4----0-----18
6. philadelphia----6----7----4-----16
7. colorado--------7----6----1-----15
8. tampa bay------7----6----0----14
9. montreal--------7----6----0----14
10. pittsburgh----7-----6----0----14
11. los angeles---6----7----1-----13
12. boston---------5----8----1-----11
13. san jose-------5----8----0-----10
14. toronto--------5-----8----0----10
15. chicago--------3-----10---1----7
16. dallas----------3-----10---0----6

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

schedule: week thirteen

Detroit Red Wings @ New Jersey Devils
Colorado Avalanche @ Toronto Maple Leafs
Atlanta Thrashers @ Pittsburgh Penguins
Dallas Stars @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Boston Bruins @ St. Louis Blues
Nashville Predators @ Los Angeles Kings
Montreal Canadiens @ Chicago Blackhawks
San Jose Sharks @ Philadelphia Flyers
-------------------------------------------------
New York Rangers @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks (vacated)
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres (vacated)
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers (vacated)
jaket - ottawa senators (vacated)
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

I have had at least one game in which I lost in a O.T. shootout I cant remember who it was against though.

*Edit*-Week 6 Chicago Blackhawks-3 @ Pittsburgh Penguins-2

[quote name='ajh2298']I have had at least one game in which I lost in a O.T. shootout I cant remember who it was against though.[/QUOTE]
yeah, but if it didn't register i can't really do anything about it, unfortunately.

Oh great... so much for my recent success. I'm going to get thrashed (pun intended) against Mr. Sad Puppy Face Avatar Man, Esquire.

TTB, how will points factor into overall standings and playoff seedings? What I mean is, you ranked us by points (and I'm not complaining as I moved up a spot) but the league itself doesn't seem to use that system. Will you just be manually adjusting playoff seedings if necessary?

I can't believe I've even come close to playoff contention, LOL. Still a lot of games left, though.

Within a day or so I will update the league site with a main article (which thatstoobad has pretty much already written lol) and the Players of the Week from week 13.

bread's done
Back