Caghl 2k6 - *Congrats to TJordan522, the 2k6 Champ*

Gomer, you've exceeded your PM quota, I can't reply.

The time you listed is fine, just send me a PM when you want to play, so I don't forget.

[quote name='TJordan522']New main story and players of the week feature...[/QUOTE]
nice job with the top story. it's very, very well written and extremely interesting. the writer of that must be a pretty amazing human being.

by the way, i noticed on the league site that dafoomie scored a big win over gomer and his second place blues, which repetske capitalized on with his 8-7 overtime victory, jumping up into to tie the blues for second place.

[quote name='thatstoobad']nice job with the top story. it's very, very well written and extremely interesting. the writer of that must be a pretty amazing human being.

by the way, i noticed on the league site that dafoomie scored a big win over gomer and his second place blues, which repetske capitalized on with his 8-7 overtime victory, jumping up into to tie the blues for second place.[/QUOTE]

No need to rub it in.

[quote name='ajh2298']No need to rub it in.[/QUOTE]
i lose to the guy every time i play him, at least you made it to overtime and got a point out of it. that's more than i can say for myself.

Nice game ajh. It turned into quite a cheese fest of wristers from the glove side, shot toward stick side (ajh), and cut acrosses in front of the goalie (me). Your offense did a nice job of getting a couple of sweet put backs as well. Your d has definitely stepped up since we last played. I was really impressed. Thanks for playing on short notice.

Now I just need a victory by thatstoobad.

[quote name='thatstoobad']nice job with the top story. it's very, very well written and extremely interesting. the writer of that must be a pretty amazing human being.

by the way, i noticed on the league site that dafoomie scored a big win over gomer and his second place blues, which repetske capitalized on with his 8-7 overtime victory, jumping up into to tie the blues for second place.[/QUOTE]
Had a big goal by Colton Orr, with his 56 overall rating, the 2nd worst player in the entire league.

[quote name='dafoomie']Had a big goal by Colton Orr, with his 56 overall rating, the 2nd worst player in the entire league.[/QUOTE]

Lol....I saw Colton Orr scored and I was wondering how the hell that happened. How was he even getting ice time???

Jordan is such a cheater. I'm sure thatstoobad is just being nice about it. ;)

Oh, and Meth, I'm interested in Osgood if you are willing to trade him.

[quote name='Brad906']Lol....I saw Colton Orr scored and I was wondering how the hell that happened. How was he even getting ice time???[/QUOTE]
I use my enforcers on the PK since the 4th line never plays anyway, and there usually aren't many penalties. Couple of good hits and their scorers can be intimidated. Plus, anyone that tries to cut in front of the net will get drilled.

[quote name='repetske']Jordan is such a cheater. I'm sure thatstoobad is just being nice about it. ;)

Oh, and Meth, I'm interested in Osgood if you are willing to trade him.[/QUOTE]

I did a little clean up in all those trade offers.

Sorry Repetske, but i had to refuse... i'm not trading Osgood for Burke. That said, i might send you new trade offers.

[quote name='METH']I did a little clean up in all those trade offers.

Sorry Repetske, but i had to refuse... i'm not trading Osgood for Burke. That said, i might send you new trade offers.[/QUOTE]

Okay. Cool.

Good game Brad. Even though you weren't talking, I could tell that after I scored those 2 quick goals following your 5-0 run that you got pissed, and were like "fuck that noise" and played even harder.

In case the final score didn't register, it was 6-2 Nashville.

[quote name='Matt Young']Good game Brad. Even though you weren't talking, I could tell that after I scored those 2 quick goals following your 5-0 run that you got pissed, and were like "fuck that noise" and played even harder.

In case the final score didn't register, it was 6-2 Nashville.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good game Matt. I don't know why my mic wasn't working...I had it on and I just assumed you didn't have yours because I couldn't hear anything. It randomly stops working at times and it gets pretty frustrating.

I finally got some good goaltending...Turco played amazing. Without him I probably would've lost. He made a few sprawling saves that really played a big role.

My other acquisitions Lehtinen and Klemm also played well...too bad the game didn't register!!!

Sighlintbob and I were supposed to play our game tonight, but I haven't seen him online yet. PM me when you read this, bob.

[quote name='radjago']Sighlintbob and I were supposed to play our game tonight, but I haven't seen him online yet. PM me when you read this, bob.[/QUOTE]

That's very unlike him. He's usually very reliable.

[quote name='repetske']That's very unlike him. He's usually very reliable.[/QUOTE]
he sent me a PM last night saying that he'd be unable to get his game in this week due to being very busy with work. i'm assuming that he sent radjago a PM too, since that would make sense, but if he didn't, i guess this is radjago's notifaction that his game won't get done this week. but you do get the win!!!

as far as my game earlier this week is concerned, i let jordan win to build his confidence, so i can then crush it once the playoffs arrive.

[quote name='thatstoobad']as far as my game earlier this week is concerned, i let jordan win to build his confidence, so i can then crush it once the playoffs arrive.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a great plan. That's what I've been doing too.

[quote name='repetske']What's the status on all the remaining games? How many are left to be played? 4?[/QUOTE]

Isn't it like 12?

[quote name='repetske']This week?[/QUOTE]

sorry... i thought you were talking about the whole season... D'OH

I still have to play my game against flybrione... we're suppose to play either tonight or monday night. If thats ok...

I don't know what the status is with Tojo. We were supposed to meet at 5:30 yesterday and he did not show up. So, I don't know if we will get our game in

[quote name='METH']thatstoobad: you can give the win to Flybrione (and his blackhawks)...
sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

FYI : I will try to get my game in tonight around 9pm (EST) with flybrione, i just PMed him.

Ignore that last post... Flybrione just PMed me saying he wasn't available tonight.

well, i moved, and i got my internet connection back just in time to update the schedule. a little disappointing with the amount of games that had to be simluated, but those are the breaks.

i know i said i was going to update the standings each week, but to do that accurately i would have to sign on to xbox live, and with my set up right now it's kind of a pain in the ass, so we'll have to without for the time being.

here's the update:

PLAY BY DATE: 02/22/06

schedule: week fourteen

Tampa Bay Lightning @ St. Louis Blues
Toronto Maple Leafs @ Montreal Canadiens
Nashville Predators @ Chicago Blackhawks
New Jersey Devils @ Colorado Avalanche
Dallas Stars @ Atlanta Thrashers
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Detroit Red Wings
Boston Bruins @ San Jose Sharks
Philadelphia Flyers @ Los Angeles Kings
--------------------------------------
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Ottawa Senators
Buffalo Sabres @ New York Rangers

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks (vacated)
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres (vacated)
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers (vacated)
jaket - ottawa senators (vacated)
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

You never replied back to say if you could play until 30 minutes after the time I said I was available. It's fine, but not the easiest way to set something up. Sorry I missed the time, but I was expecting some sort of confirmation. You can also just look for me on AIM. I think you said that couldn't play on Thursday (today), but if that changes for some reason, let me know. I could play tonight around 10 or 10:30. The next time I could play for sure would be Sunday or Monday night although I don't mind an impromptu AIM invite either. I see you on there quite a bit, but you could be like me and never put up an away message. Anyway, sorry I missed our game, but I really wasn't even sure if it was on.

[quote name='radjago']Silencer, I didn't see you on tonight. Send me a PM when you read this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='METH']cfreeze...

Still free to play tonight? around 6-7pm ET. ?[/QUOTE]

Yo Alex,

Take it easy on my bro tonight. Actually, I'm expecting you guys match up to be a really good game.

[quote name='cfreeze']Yeah, meth 6:00

Clint[/QUOTE]

sorry clint, i won't be able to make it after all... i'm working overtime :(

but i should be back around 8pm ET... if that works out for you?

[quote name='cfreeze']Meth,

what about around 10:00 EST?
Clint[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, can't make it for 10pm EST...

i will only be home between 8-9 pm

Are you free on saturday?

EDIT: By the way, i just wanted to inform my opponent for next week (whomever it may be) that i will be out of town next week and coming back on Feb. 27th. I'm leaving this Sunday for Florida.

gomer and i played our game tonight and it doesn't look like it registered. it was a 2-1 tampa victory decided by shootout. good game gomer!

[quote name='sighlintbob']gomer and i played our game tonight and it doesn't look like it registered. it was a 2-1 tampa victory decided by shootout. good game gomer![/QUOTE]

Nice job Bob! I have a feeling that Tampa is starting to make its move.

[quote name='sighlintbob']gomer and i played our game tonight and it doesn't look like it registered. it was a 2-1 tampa victory decided by shootout. good game gomer![/QUOTE]

That was a hell of a game. We both had crazy amount of shots that should have gone in during regulation. I remember at one point u had about 6-7 shots on goal in a row, you'd think something would have gone in. Good job kickin butt in the shootout. I will say after you went up in the shootout I tried goalie control for the first time for the second and third shots and it felt rediculously stiff, maybe its just something you gotta get used to.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']That was a hell of a game. We both had crazy amount of shots that should have gone in during regulation. I remember at one point u had about 6-7 shots on goal in a row, you'd think something would have gone in. Good job kickin butt in the shootout. I will say after you went up in the shootout I tried goalie control for the first time for the second and third shots and it felt rediculously stiff, maybe its just something you gotta get used to.[/QUOTE]

Goalie control is a lot of fun once you get used to it. I just did the shootout against the computer like 10 times in a row and finally got a shutout. It's quite a bit of fun. The easiest way to do it hold R to keep the goalie in front of the puck and then use the right stick to dive or catch the puck. Very interesting. I almost wish it defaulted to goalie control on penalty shots and shoot outs. It would definitely add another element of skill to the game.

FYI, me and radjago should be playing radjago at 7pm eastern today.

bread's done
Back