CAGHL 2k6: weeks 1-12 - do NOT post in this thread

[quote name='thatstoobad']yeah, you're right.

does anyone know what the origin of that line is? i've always kind of wondered, and i just did a google search to no avail.[/QUOTE]

My stepdad says itall the time. I'm pretty sure it's just a reference to ex-lax causing a smooth bowel movement.

[quote name='Matt Young']My stepdad says itall the time. I'm pretty sure it's just a reference to ex-lax causing a smooth bowel movement.[/QUOTE]
i know what it's a reference to, i was more interested in where the phrase originated.

either way, i think repetske and cfreeze are actually quite close, if you know what i mean.

i'm probably going to be updating the schedule tomorrow when i get home from work, which should be around 6 or so, for those interested.

[quote name='METH']No news from Tojo so far :([/QUOTE]

Not the first time there. Not sure when my game with flybrione will get played. We had a set time last week but I had a family problem that came up and I had to take care of and I havent heard back from him about a new day since. If need be, I'm fine with giving him a win for the week since I had to cut out on a scheduled time. If he can play tonight, I'm cool with it and will be home all afternoon (I get outta work at 2:30 PM Eastern).

Won a great game against flybrione 4-2 tonight. I will say that I'm pretty lucky to be 7-2 overall, flybrione had plenty of chances tonight to take over and he was actually leading early in the game. Hope I can keep the luck going.

and with the gomer/flybrione game played, i advanced the schedule. a little disappointing that only four games were played last week, but hopefully that will improve. here's the update:

PLAY BY DATE: 01/11/05

schedule: week ten

St. Louis Blues @ Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Nashville Predators
Detroit Red Wings @ Atlanta Thrashers
Toronto Maple Leafs @ New Jersey Devils
Dallas Stars @ Boston Bruins
Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers
Los Angeles Kings @ Chicago Blackhawks
San Jose Sharks @ Pittsburgh Penguins
Buffalo Sabres @ Colorado Avalanche

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers
jaket - ottawa senators
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

Wow, get to play Meth 2 times in 3 weeks. Definitely know I'll have a great game this week. Meth, send me a PM with when you can play. I'm up for any night as long as I know when to be there.

[quote name='TJordan522']Sorry we never got a chance to re-play our game with current rosters Ryan...[/QUOTE]

No big deal. Just bad luck. I just hate how stacked your team was with players that were traded or retired. I did score with Heatley and McCachearn however, which I did think was funny. Nurminen also sucks. Hopefully I'll get to play thatstoobad with the real Thrashers team. I am a little concerned since he's definitely due to win one against me. What's it been, 3 straight?;)

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Won a great game against flybrione 4-2 tonight. I will say that I'm pretty lucky to be 7-2 overall, flybrione had plenty of chances tonight to take over and he was actually leading early in the game. Hope I can keep the luck going.[/QUOTE]

There goes my winning streak of two straight, three by forefit ;) .

Anyway Matt let me know if you are available to play this week and what time.

I can probably play most of the night tonight. Otherwise, the only times I can guarantee are after 11-11:30 central time. I know I'll be available earlier at some point, just not sure exactly which day.

Yo, Big Dirty when can you play I am free tomorrow night after 10:00 pm est. till about 11:30 pm est. And then will be back in town Monday after 5:00 pm est and can play then, or Wednesday after 5:00 pm est also. I could also play on Tuesday between 5:10 pm and 5:45 pm if that works better for you.

[quote name='sighlintbob']Hey Brad, Monday will be the earliest I can play. I'm available at 10 PM EST or later.[/QUOTE]

OK...how does Monday at 10 sound?

cfreeze and Repetske are real close?? yeah, he's my brother-in-law. Sorry about missing the game. I was on Christmas tour 2005-2006.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but theres only 2 days left to get games in (after today) and my game with Meth was the only one that has been played so far? I do see people planning games for this week and all but it really feels like more and more games arent getting played these days. Last week, only 4 out of the 10 scheduled games got played. I really hope most of the people who signed up at the begining are looking to play till the end.

It's cool cfreeze... I need all the wins I can get. ;)

Gomer, Flybrione and I have been in contact but have not set anything in stone yet. He never got back to me yesterday after I responded to his PM, but hopefully we will be able to play tonight.

[quote name='Matt Young']It's cool cfreeze... I need all the wins I can get. ;)

Gomer, Flybrione and I have been in contact but have not set anything in stone yet. He never got back to me yesterday after I responded to his PM, but hopefully we will be able to play tonight.[/QUOTE]

You got a good opponent this week. I dont think I'd have to worry bout your game. Someone has to step up every now and then and ask about things in here so its not all on thatstoobad's shoulders. I really just dont wanna see more than half the games unplayed every week. It kills the fun of the league.

I am going to try to get the game in tonight at about 10:15 pm Cst after Monday Night Raw.
I will definetly be available so I will see Matt in the lobby.

Yeah, as I said in my PM, I'll be there, so at least this game will get played.

And since it is being played, that's one more loss for Matt.

Nice game thatstoobad. Thanks for the 5 attempts it took to play it and not editing your messed up lines.

Hey Meth, I accepted a trade proposal you sent me. How could I not reunite the Hossa brothers?

Finally... I got my first legit win in game 10 of the season.

Great game from Flybrione, and he got fucked over by his goalie, Khabibulen, playing terribly. He turned out to be a wrestling fan, though, so we had a great conversation, just as I do with most CAGs. Good game, man.

as repetske said, it took us forever to finally get our game going, but we finally did and it turned out to be a pretty good one. i mean, it would have been better if i had actually won, but i close 4-3 loss is respectable.

here's something interesting: during one of our failed attempts, i noticed that my lines were all messed up, so in between games i tried to edit my lines. i went to the edit lines screen, and up came the lines for anaheim, which would have been fine if it wasn't for the fact that my team is detroit.

also, gomer is totally right. tomorrow (tuesday) is the last day to get your games in, and only three games have been played. now, i don't care if there's people who don't want to play the season out, BUT I NEED YOU GUYS TO TELL ME if you don't, that way i can adjust the schedule.

[quote name='Matt Young']Finally... I got my first legit win in game 10 of the season.

Great game from Flybrione, and he got fucked over by his goalie, Khabibulen, playing terribly. He turned out to be a wrestling fan, though, so we had a great conversation, just as I do with most CAGs. Good game, man.[/QUOTE]
good job. the game didn't register, so what was the score?

[quote name='thatstoobad']

good job. the game didn't register, so what was the score?[/QUOTE]

Shit, really? Figures that the one time I got lucky and won, that would happen.

It was 5-1 in favor of Los Angeles.

sighlintbob and I couldn't get the league lobbies to work, so we played an exhibition game last night. I ended up winning a really fun and exciting game.

I will be away until Wednesday night, as will Jordan.
Jordan asked me to post and let you guys know that he is trying to work out a gametime to play cfreeze, but the earliest he can do this is tomorrow night, so hopefully things work out.

Big Dirty I posted in the thread and sent a PM and have not heard back, I can play anytime after 5:15 pm est tomorrow and I can play today between 5:15 pm est and 5:50 pm est only today.

[quote name='Matt Young']Shit, really? Figures that the one time I got lucky and won, that would happen.

It was 5-1 in favor of Los Angeles.[/QUOTE]

That sucks it did not registor but at least my horrible goalie will not be punished with another bad performance. ;)

[quote name='Brad906']sighlintbob and I couldn't get the league lobbies to work, so we played an exhibition game last night. I ended up winning a really fun and exciting game.

I will be away until Wednesday night, as will Jordan.
Jordan asked me to post and let you guys know that he is trying to work out a gametime to play cfreeze, but the earliest he can do this is tomorrow night, so hopefully things work out.[/QUOTE]

good game brad. i think the final score was 6-3 in favor of the predators.

i'm updating the schedule tonight when i get home from whatever i end up doing. it will probably be around 12 or 1 AM, so the stragglers still have the rest of the evening to get your games in.

i updated the schedule now. i would have done it last night, but i didn't feel like it. i doubt anyone was sad.

this week: will toronto help to conitnue detroit's losing streak, or will the wings be able to bounce back over two losses?

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

PLAY BY DATE: 01/20/05

schedule: week eleven

Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Ottawa Senators
Detroit Red Wings @ Toronto Maple Leafs
Atlanta Thrashers @ New York Rangers
New Jersey Devils @ Los Angeles Kings
Boston Bruins @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Philadelphia Flyers @ Montreal Canadiens
Buffalo Sabres @ Pittsburgh Penguins
St. Louis Blues @ San Jose Sharks
Colorado Avalanche @ Chicago Blackhawks
Nashville Predators @ Dallas Stars

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers
jaket - ottawa senators
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

Hey Matt...sorry we missed each other earlier. I am available anytime tonight, Sunday, or Monday. Send me a PM or email with when you are able to play.

I haven't decided whether to go out tonight or not since I've been feeling progressively more sick, but I'll PM you if I stay home. Otherwise, I will be able to play pretty much anytime tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Matt Young and I got our game in tonight....it was a low scoring, hard fought battle, but eventually I was able to bang in a few and win by a score of 4-0.

Good game Matt, and get well soon!

Thanks... I was proud that I kept it at 1-0 (in your favor) til the 3rdperiod scoring binge. I played better than I expected against one of the 2 top guys in our league, but you showed why you are 9-2. You are amazing at this game. I just wish I would have been up to talking, since I've had good conversations with all my other opponents, but my throat, along with the rest of my body, is sore as hell.

Great game, and I hope to change the result next time.;)

bread's done
Back