CAGHL 2k6: weeks 1-12 - do NOT post in this thread

...and the streak continues.

toronto wins 4-3 in OT.

it was a really good game, but i lost my third straight.

if anyone is interested in a defensemen, schneider may be up for grabs. holmstrom is also available.

Hey fxrival, let me know if you can play tonight. I can play pretty much any time between 7pm and midnight eastern if you want to play today (Monday).

Also, has anyone played this person recently? I haven't seen a lot of posts by them and just wanted to be sure they were still active.

[quote name='repetske']Hey fxrival, let me know if you can play tonight. I can play pretty much any time between 7pm and midnight eastern if you want to play today (Monday).

Also, has anyone played this person recently? I haven't seen a lot of posts by them and just wanted to be sure they were still active.[/QUOTE]
i checked his profile and it says his last activity on the site was january 7. i'm pretty sure he's gotten in all of his previous games (save for last week), so i would guess he'll respond soon, but who knows.

hey dafoomie, let me know when you can play our game. I'm available most nights from 10:00 pm est to midnight. if that doesn't work I can try to schedule at a different time.

Hey KeyserSoze81 when can you play I should be free the next 3 nights(tues,wens, and thurs) after 10:10 pm est., please post back and let me know.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i checked his profile and it says his last activity on the site was january 7. i'm pretty sure he's gotten in all of his previous games (save for last week), so i would guess he'll respond soon, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

I have his phone number from when he texted me about our game a while back. I can call or text him if you'd like.

Radjago and I played our game tonight....I won by a score of 8-1. It was a 2-1 game through most of the second, but then Turco started to let in some soft ones.
Great game radjago!

It doesn't appear to have registered, so you will have to put in an 8-1 win for me.

That really sucks...it would've been a lot of fun to have a legitimate scoring race, but how can we have that when only 1/3 of the games register....

Scheduled to play Tojo at 10:10 pm CST and he did not show up. I've been waiting since 5 after 10 so I'll try to reschedule. Tojo I sent you a PM, let me know if you can play another evening this week.

Good game Flybrione! I still can't believe that Konawalchuk goal went in. I guess it's true when they say just shoot it on net and you never know what happens.

[quote name='Matt Young']I have his phone number from when he texted me about our game a while back. I can call or text him if you'd like.[/QUOTE]

So, Repetske.... Shall I?

Feel free to let him know that we are still having the league and he's welcome to check the boards or his pm's and let me know when he can play.

[quote name='Tojo']Good game Flybrione! I still can't believe that Konawalchuk goal went in. I guess it's true when they say just shoot it on net and you never know what happens.[/QUOTE]

Well I would disagree because if you check my season stats my goalie sucks and gives up a minimum of 5 goals a game. It is probably because I have no idea how to play proper defense. Nice game though I thought I was going to actually win for a second.

I just looked at the league website and I guess my game with Bigdirty didnt register (we played Saturday). He won 4-1, wanna make sure he gets the win. Damn his luck after buying his Halo2 headset lol. Oh well, someone had to break my 8 game luck....I mean win streak.

[quote name='thatstoobad']today's the last day to play your games, so see what you guys can do.[/QUOTE]

Thatstoobad: Sorry man, but i'm going to have to give the win to CheapyD and his Flyers. I was unable to free myself from work this week.

thanks.

I've still heard nothing back from fxrival. I don't see it happening. Hopefully they are just really busy and this is not a sign of things to come.

[quote name='METH']Thatstoobad: Sorry man, but i'm going to have to give the win to CheapyD and his Flyers. I was unable to free myself from work this week.

thanks.[/QUOTE]
What game are you guys trying to get out the door these days?

BTW, what game is your 360 Gamer Picture from?

[quote name='radjago']What game are you guys trying to get out the door these days?

BTW, what game is your 360 Gamer Picture from?[/QUOTE]

This is the game that keeps me busy these days (+ the 360 version)
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/farcryinstinctsnextchap/index.html?q=farcry

My gamercard picture is from the Rare pack #2 if i remember correctly, i bought it because it was saying something about killer instincts... but this old school gamercard icon got my attention ;)

ok, i advanced the schedule and we're now in week 12.

jordan, please let me know how it goes with buffalo/keysersoze. he has lost 5 of his last 6 games due to not playing them (and the one win wasn't played either), so if he doesn't get ahold of you this time, he's out.

gomer, the same goes for your game against the rangers/fxrival. his past three games have gone unplayed, and he has received losses for them. if you are unable to make contact with him, please let me know.

anyways, here's the update:

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

PLAY BY DATE: 01/28/05

schedule: week twelve

Dallas Stars @ Toronto Maple Leafs
Atlanta Thrashers @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Los Angeles Kings @ Detroit Red Wings
Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins
San Jose Sharks @ Nashville Predators
New Jersey Devils @ Buffalo Sabres
St. Louis Blues @ New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers @ Chicago Blackhawks
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Colorado Avalanche
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Ottawa Senators

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers
jaket - ottawa senators
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

[quote name='thatstoobad']jordan, please let me know how it goes with buffalo/keysersoze. he has lost 5 of his last 6 games due to not playing them (and the one win wasn't played either), so if he doesn't get ahold of you this time, he's out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Thanks for that loss. Just something ironic I wanted to point out is that I'm about to go the Thrashers/Lightning game tonight and guess who happens to be my opponent this week?

[quote name='TJordan522']How was the game repetske? Sorry you guys got shut out--was it still fun to go to?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. It was still awesome. Hopefully the Thrashers will do better in the league game this week. How was your game? Or are you going later today?

His game is the Devils/Rangers game that starts at 7 EST/4 PST today. I'd look for him in the crowd since I'm taping it for him, but I have no idea what he looks like!

Thatstoobad, you said you could play anytime after 9:30 Eastern tonight. I'll be available anytime after the NFL Playoffs, so hopefully we can get the game in this evening.

Just an update...

I PMed Keyser, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

The Devils/Rangers game was a lot of fun, even though we lost. It was cool to go see a game at MSG. It was a really close, hard fought game with a lot of action, so I can't complain. Thanks for taping it for me Matt...I'll send you a PM later this afternoon.

[quote name='TJordan522']Just an update...

I PMed Keyser, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

The Devils/Rangers game was a lot of fun, even though we lost. It was cool to go see a game at MSG. It was a really close, hard fought game with a lot of action, so I can't complain. Thanks for taping it for me Matt...I'll send you a PM later this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

No problem. As I said, it was a previously used tape. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm worried that the quality may suck.

But still, I taped over an episode of the A-Team featuring Hulk Hogan. That's love.

Good game last night, cfreeze. It's nice to have a game actually register for once.

After another night of sleeping at the goal, I've decided that Turco has to go. I'm looking for a decent goalie and an A-list forward or defenseman. Let me know what you have.

So, Mario Lemieux retired...

And it's Gomer's 23rd birthday! Happy birthday, Gomer!

187780128_l.jpg

[quote name='Matt Young']So, Mario Lemieux retired...

And it's Gomer's 23rd birthday! Happy birthday, Gomer!

187780128_l.jpg
[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA, you picked my best pic to throw up there, gotta love Jigglypuff. Thanks for the comment on here and on myspace dude. Hopefully getting older wont hurt my record on here.

[quote name='TJordan522']No response from Keyser yet.[/QUOTE]

"You think you can catch Keyser Soze? You think a guy like that comes this close to getting caught, and sticks his head out? If he comes up for anything it'll be to get rid of me. After that... my guess is you'll never hear from him again." :)

Oh, and nice game last night sighlintbob. Much closer than the score shows since it was 4-3 in the third. radjago isn't the only one with goalie problems.

Also, no offense to thatstoobad's recent opponents, but something seems fishy about his losing streak. He's one of the best people I've ever played at this game and to see him go down 4 in row just doesn't make sense. I think he's just trying to lay low before the playoffs.

Well I got to play CheapyD last night and lost yet again. This time I scored the first goal for Cheapy and then he scored two more. I had a little bit of a comback but lost 3-2. Man do I suck at this game. It is still fun to play I just wish I could a least win a few.

[quote name='repetske']Also, no offense to thatstoobad's recent opponents, but something seems fishy about his losing streak. He's one of the best people I've ever played at this game and to see him go down 4 in row just doesn't make sense. I think he's just trying to lay low before the playoffs.[/QUOTE]
sounds good to me.

Hmmm...yeah, something does seem weird about thatstoobad and his losing streak. Maybe he is laying low before the playoffs, but that deosnt make too much sense. We aren't even halfway through the season. And laying low would only come back to bite him when he had to play the higher seeds in the playoffs.

What's going on?

That was a really good game last night, thatstoobad. We matched each other goal for goal, and it was my second game to end in a 3-3 tie and a shootout. The last time that happened, I lost 4-3, but I was fortunate enough to win this time.

That was the most intense and fun game of NHL 2K6 I have ever played, and only my 2nd legit win. No doubt, you are the better player by far, but I'm confident in my abilities now that I have defeated a couple really good guys. Thanks for the great game, and hopefully sometime we can get an exhibition game in (since I never play the game outside of the league) where you can use the mic and inevitably kick my ass.

Tojo PM'ed me the other day about playing Monday or today, I replied back that either day would be fine with me but have heard nothing back from him.

[quote name='Brad906']I won't...it's not the playoffs yet.[/QUOTE]

I lied. What a game...I had 69 shots and I couldn't score! I hit so many posts....unbelieveable.

Great game BigDirty...way to completely manhandle me. :)

Speaking of goalie troubles....man, did Vokoun suck.

my game last night with matt was pretty great. everytime i would score, he'd come back and tie it up. we both had a ton of shots, but not much really found it's way in. it sucked losing just because i was so close to winning, but i can easily handle when the game ends up being that good.

nearly every game i've played this year has been very close. i think i won big in one game early, and i got blown out by brad (or jordan, who knows, i think that they may be the same person), but i don't think i've had any other game end with more than a 2 goal difference. i know i've had at least 3 overtime games, and i've had 2 games go to a shoot out (i pulled it out against cheapyd but lost to matt last night).

i don't know if it's the 2k6 game (as opposed to the 2k5 game), or just the players in the league, but i don't think there are any games this year where you know who's going to win (unlike my incredible, record setting regular season performance last year).

anyways, i need to play the game more. i haven't really been playing it outside of league games, and i'm still not that great at scoring, and since everyone seems to be getting better, i should probable practice a bit.

all that being said, i don't plan on losing another game this season. and if i do, i'll just change the results.

[quote name='thatstoobad']my game last night with matt was pretty great. everytime i would score, he'd come back and tie it up. we both had a ton of shots, but not much really found it's way in. it sucked losing just because i was so close to winning, but i can easily handle when the game ends up being that good.

nearly every game i've played this year has been very close. i think i won big in one game early, and i got blown out by brad (or jordan, who knows, i think that they may be the same person), but i don't think i've had any other game end with more than a 2 goal difference. i know i've had at least 3 overtime games, and i've had 2 games go to a shoot out (i pulled it out against cheapyd but lost to matt last night).

i don't know if it's the 2k6 game (as opposed to the 2k5 game), or just the players in the league, but i don't think there are any games this year where you know who's going to win (unlike my incredible, record setting regular season performance last year).

anyways, i need to play the game more. i haven't really been playing it outside of league games, and i'm still not that great at scoring, and since everyone seems to be getting better, i should probable practice a bit.

all that being said, i don't plan on losing another game this season. and if i do, i'll just change the results.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha...nice post. And it was me who blew you out. Or wait, was I playing under Jordan's name that day? ;-)

Employing reverse psychology, I see?
"Not that great at scoring"
Funny

[quote name='Brad906']I lied. What a game...I had 69 shots and I couldn't score! I hit so many posts....unbelieveable.

Great game BigDirty...way to completely manhandle me. :)

Speaking of goalie troubles....man, did Vokoun suck.[/QUOTE]

And I had 20 or so shots and 8 of them went in... total craziness!

bread's done
Back