CAGHL 2k6: weeks 1-12 - do NOT post in this thread

[quote name='TJordan522']Thanks for the router tip ajh, but Brad and I are pretty sure it was a 2K Sports error. We'll try it out in the future though![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've connected just finewith a router....

Hey guys. Everyone should try to visit the 2k page occassionally as it tracks to number of active league members which affects our league rating. Not a big deal, but might as well make our league as noticeable as possible.

[quote name='repetske']Hey guys. Everyone should try to visit the 2k page occassionally as it tracks to number of active league members which affects our league rating. Not a big deal, but might as well make our league as noticeable as possible.[/QUOTE]

I go all the time.

Yah, the S-move to the front of the net is ~ 95% scoring opportunity. You go along the goal line, cut to the side of the crease and shoot for the far side. Im generally okay with everything so long as this isnt the basis of an offence. Ive played against people who will have a breakaway and choose to go to the corner first and pull this crap off. Just frustrating to defend against...

cfreeze and I tried multiple times to get our game in. Same problem. Excessive lag, then a drop, yet no win was awarded, so I'm not sure who's dropping.

The strange thing is, we both can play other people without the slightest hint of lag. I guess the two of us just have a terrible connection versus each other?

Anyway, it really sucks, but give the win to cfreeze. Sorry we couldn't get it done...I wish I knew why.

normally i would just simulate a game, but since both of you are trying it doesn't really seem fair. instead, let's do this, as lame as it may be...

i'm thinking of a number between one and ten, both of you guys post with a number, and who ever's closest gets the win.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']Yah, the S-move to the front of the net is ~ 95% scoring opportunity. You go along the goal line, cut to the side of the crease and shoot for the far side. Im generally okay with everything so long as this isnt the basis of an offence. Ive played against people who will have a breakaway and choose to go to the corner first and pull this crap off. Just frustrating to defend against...[/QUOTE]

Ugh, see thats one reason I'm glad to be in leagues like these rather than play random people online cause people always need to find glitches and cheesey moves to win thier games, and those can be contained and dealt with in leauges like this. I'm fine with a loss to someone whos playing fair and square like my game with thatstoobad (which ended up a hell of a game), but anytime I find cheaters it just pisses me off.

Uh. So what was the number? The suspense is killing me. Or can I just not read?

I did have very similar problems trying to play Jordan on the same Xbox as Brad, so maybe something is messing up with the router on their end, but I highly doubt it, especially if you can play fine with other people. I had a night where it wouldn't let me and sighlintbob connect to play a game, but it would do optimatch just fine for both of us. Stupid servers.

the number was 7, so brad gets the win.

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

schedule: week two
New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens
Buffalo Sabres @ San Jose Sharks
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Pittsburgh Penguins
New Jersey Devils @ Chicago Blackhawks
Toronto Maple Leafs @ St. Louis Blues
Philadelphia Flyers @ Colorado Avalanche
Los Angeles Kings @ Dallas Stars
Boston Bruins @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings
Nashville Predators @ Atlanta Thrashers

PLAY BY DATE: 11/3, which means all games should be completed by the end of the day on 11/2.

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers
jaket - ottawa senators
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

thanks to everyone for getting their week one games in. sure, i had to simulate the one game, but that doesn't really count, since they tried multiple times to get it in and all.

also, it totally rules that i can do everything through the league website this year. it allows me to be even lazier than usual.

[quote name='repetske']Yo Brad, shoot me an im or pm when you can play. I have my availability listed on the 2k site.[/QUOTE]
I went to go check your availability, but I got this message from the 2K site: "This feature is temporarily unavailable."

Anyway, I can't play until the weekend. I am away Thursday, and Jordan and I have a hockey game Friday night. I can play anytime during the weekend though.

[quote name='repetske']Uh. So what was the number? The suspense is killing me. Or can I just not read?

I did have very similar problems trying to play Jordan on the same Xbox as Brad, so maybe something is messing up with the router on their end, but I highly doubt it, especially if you can play fine with other people. [/QUOTE]

I don't remember this...lol. Was it recent?

[quote name='TJordan522']I don't remember this...lol. Was it recent?[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? It was the same day about 15 minutes before they tried to play for the first time. Was it not the same Xbox?

I added a new poll, which I didn't realize was no longer relevant since the game was already played. I also added an article. I'm not sure what makes our league rating go up, but for some reason I care about it. Weird.

I went to check my friends list since I had a message, and the game froze. I couldn't resume play no matter what I tried. :(

Rad was winning 4-2 with 5:31 left, so he should be credited with the win. Rad, I'm really sorry... I don't know what happened.

Also, if there is any way that he can be credited for stats, he had a hat trick with Mike Modano. I don't want him to lose that accomplishment.

[quote name='Matt Young']I went to check my friends list since I had a message, and the game froze. I couldn't resume play no matter what I tried. :(

Rad was winning 4-2 with 5:31 left, so he should be credited with the win. Rad, I'm really sorry... I don't know what happened.

Also, if there is any way that he can be credited for stats, he had a hat trick with Mike Modano. I don't want him to lose that accomplishment.[/QUOTE]
the site gave him cerdit for the win, so it works out as far as stats and stuff are concerned. in the future, i would suggest trying to avoid going to your online desk during games. i accidentally did once and it dropped the connection.

[quote name='repetske']I added a new poll, which I didn't realize was no longer relevant since the game was already played. I also added an article. I'm not sure what makes our league rating go up, but for some reason I care about it. Weird.[/QUOTE]
i'm hoping we'll be able to replay our game, so it's still pretty relevant. i don't know about the site rating either, i'm not quite clear on why it's only rated at a 1, and obviously it doesn't really matter, but man, i made that bad ass graphic up top, which i think it warrants at least a 2.

I think I'm have to let my opponent have the win this week, 'cause I think Mrs. Cheapy will freakout if she sees me playing.

Hopefully, I'll be up and running in Japan by week 3.

Thanks!

I might can play later tonight brad, but I can't promise anything at this point. I'll look for you or jordan on aim if I can play.

Eh, I am supposed to play Cheapy this week and he's on AIM but not responding. I'd take the free win but I'd feel bad, cuz it'll be my first win in the league.

Just finished my game with flybrione. At first, I felt really confident with my lead, but he put up one hell of a fight and really made it a close game
If it weren't for Jeff Friesen, I would be 1-1. Good thing we DON'T have the updated rosters. :)

Brodeur earned himself a nice warm seat on the bench against Philly though. He did terrible.

Hey guys,

I got my game in with gomer. We had a great connection with no lag. So, whatever the problem was with Brad and my commection didn't spill over to week 2. I hope the same goes with Brad. Thatstoobad, dude why didn't you pick #3. Don't you know that #3 is Dale Earnhardt, Dale Murphy, A-Rod.

just kidding,
Later,
Cfreeze

"Dammnit dale jr. Be careful"
Berry Pepper playing Dale Earnhardt in the movie 3

[quote name='radjago']repetske, you should update the CAGHL link in your sig[/QUOTE]

Lol. Okay. I'll try to do it this afternoon. I'll just add a new 2k6 line.

Brad, would you be able to play today (Friday) or tomorrow (Saturday) some time? Let me know when you are available and maybe we can work something out, or I'll just try to catch you on AIM.

Hey sighlintbob when can you play I should be around all weekend accept for when I am at the Penguins game on Saturday Night.

[quote name='radjago']Would anyone be up for a skills challenge sometime this weekend?[/QUOTE]
Is that for two people only or can you have more? I'd be up for it if there's a group of us.

This is repetske, not cfreeze. Brad, do you want to try to play our game after the GA/FLA football game? I'm at cfreeze's house, but I'll be home shortly afterward. Maybe sooner, if the game keeps going like it is right now.

fxrival and i played our game this afternoon and looks like it didn't register - which sucks because it was a high scoring game, good for the players stats.

I won 7-6 in O.T of one of the best online games i've played so far.
fxrival was a great opponent.

Just finished up with Meth and he was able to take the win in overtime 7-6. Good game!

I'll be out of town until Monday November 7. I think that will leave enough time to get in the next round but if not I'll have to take the loss.

Edit---It didn't register? Nuts, that was a good game.

[quote name='cfreeze']This is repetske, not cfreeze. Brad, do you want to try to play our game after the GA/FLA football game? I'm at cfreeze's house, but I'll be home shortly afterward. Maybe sooner, if the game keeps going like it is right now.[/QUOTE]

Sure. Just send an IM to Jordan or me when you get home.

[quote name='fxrival']Just finished up with Meth and he was able to take the win in overtime 7-6. Good game!

I'll be out of town until Monday November 7. I think that will leave enough time to get in the next round but if not I'll have to take the loss.

Edit---It didn't register? Nuts, that was a good game.[/QUOTE]

Checked on the 2ksports website again and the game isn't in :(
Unfortunatly i won't get to replay the game since i'm leaving for philly tonight and should only be back by tuesday night.

Repetske...how does a 9 PM EST game sound? I will check back here a bit before 9 to see if you got this.

I am looking forward to seeing who will be in the first shootout game in the CAGHL...METH and fx almost made it lol.

Yo, ajh2298 i sent you a PM about playing a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything. I'm good most nights 10:30 PM EST or later. Let me know

With regard to next week's game, I will have my Xbox by Friday...hopefully I will have a TV by then as well. Oh, a couch or chair would be good too.

[quote name='CheapyD']With regard to next week's game, I will have my Xbox by Friday...hopefully I will have a TV by then as well. Oh, a couch or chair would be good too.[/QUOTE]

Moving sucks, but at least exciting.

bread's done
Back