CAGHL 2k6: weeks 1-12 - do NOT post in this thread

[quote name='METH']Checked on the 2ksports website again and the game isn't in :(
Unfortunatly i won't get to replay the game since i'm leaving for philly tonight and should only be back by tuesday night.[/QUOTE]
so that's two games this week. i don't think i'll be able to replay my game this week, as i haven't heard back from jaket, and i sent him a PM the night we played our game. oh well. hopefully this won't happen too often.

[quote name='thatstoobad']so that's two games this week. i don't think i'll be able to replay my game this week, as i haven't heard back from jaket, and i sent him a PM the night we played our game. oh well. hopefully this won't happen too often.[/QUOTE]

if your available, i can prob play tonight

err, I just played a game with ElDirty last night (went through the league lobby and all)...I ended up winning 6-3. It was a good game and all, but it has not been registered on the website yet. Will the league website update soon or are the results lost? If so, that really sucks...its difficult enough to arrange one game...

[quote name='Jaket']if your available, i can prob play tonight[/QUOTE]
sorry, but i won't be home this evening. i can play tuesday after 10 PM eastern, and wednesday any time up to about 8 or so if you want to try to get the game in again.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']err, I just played a game with ElDirty last night (went through the league lobby and all)...I ended up winning 6-3. It was a good game and all, but it has not been registered on the website yet. Will the league website update soon or are the results lost? If so, that really sucks...its difficult enough to arrange one game...[/QUOTE]
yeah, i'm pretty sure that all the stats and the results from the game are lost. i don't understand what the problem is, so i don't know if there's any way to avoid the problem. it's not 100% necessary to replay the game, as i can just simulate the game and give the appropriate person the win, but it kind of takes away from the fun of keeping up with all the stats and stuff. so hopefully they'll fix whatever the problem may be.

The play by date is set as 10/26, meaning that I doubt any more of the games wont be registered from now on, I believe...

EDIT: Ill eat my own words on this one...when I looked at the league play by date in NHL 2k6, it listed 10/26. Nevertheless, 2 more games have since been registered. If I can find ElDirty again, Ill play him, but I havent gotten a response from him as of yet.

If not, I hope the the game can just be entered in as 6-3 Sabres victory as the score from when we did play. The only stat I remember was the shots on goal, 53-29 in my favor. Nevertheless, I will try to find him online.

[quote name='thatstoobad']yeah, i'm pretty sure that all the stats and the results from the game are lost. i don't understand what the problem is, so i don't know if there's any way to avoid the problem. it's not 100% necessary to replay the game, as i can just simulate the game and give the appropriate person the win, but it kind of takes away from the fun of keeping up with all the stats and stuff. so hopefully they'll fix whatever the problem may be.[/QUOTE]
This seems to be a known issue.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87569
http://www.2ksports.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=90004
http://www.2ksports.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=88782

No official fix or workaround has been posted as far as I could find. One user suggests waiting a few minutes post game before backing out.

Dafoomie and I got our game in. Took a drop though since I got a dirty disc error. Sorry 'bout that. I'm gonna go and try to exchange the disc today and hopefully that resolves the issue. He was already up 1-0 nearing the end of the second period, so the results are fine with me. I'll post when I get a new disc and if that resolves the issue otherwise someone might have to take over for me. I'd hate to drop out on another game in the league. Sorry again.

Edit: Found the receipt and it's dated 9/10/05. Well past the exchange policy so it looks like I'm stuck with the game. I emailed 2Ksports tech support, but I doubt they'll be of much help considering the threads I read in their forums dealing with the same problem.

If you guys can find a replacement, I think I might have to sit this one out. It's just far too sporadic an issue to keep playing.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']The play by date is set as 10/26, meaning that I doubt any more of the games wont be registered from now on, I believe...

EDIT: Ill eat my own words on this one...when I looked at the league play by date in NHL 2k6, it listed 10/26. Nevertheless, 2 more games have since been registered. If I can find ElDirty again, Ill play him, but I havent gotten a response from him as of yet.

If not, I hope the the game can just be entered in as 6-3 Sabres victory as the score from when we did play. The only stat I remember was the shots on goal, 53-29 in my favor. Nevertheless, I will try to find him online.[/QUOTE]

In other good news, my new Xbox drive should be here on Monday, eliminating my long load times. Ive been having really weird problems with the drive...its a Samsung and always loads the data, its just dreadfully noisy and slow... Just led to long waits to show a highlight and the like.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']If not, I hope the the game can just be entered in as 6-3 Sabres victory as the score from when we did play. The only stat I remember was the shots on goal, 53-29 in my favor. Nevertheless, I will try to find him online.[/QUOTE]
the game can definitely be entered as a sabres victory, but it will be a 0-0 score. i can make sure the person who deserves the win gets it, but i can't do anything about goals/stats.

radjago, thanks for posting those links. i guess all i can suggest is that once the game ends, go grab a soda or beer, then come back and then exit the game when you come back (assuming it takes you a couple minutes). it might be a pain in the ass to have to wait the few extra minutes, but if it means there's a greater chance of the games actually being registered, i think it's worth it.

I played Brad on Sunday night and the game registered fine. I can't believe I blew a two goal lead in the 3rd. Way to stick with it Brad. I will never let up again unless I have a 5 goal lead in the third and even that may not be safe against guys like TJordan and sighlintbob.

ajh and I seem to be having trouble getting our game in. He keeps having nhl and nfl games to go to (just having fun aj, don't take it seriously). He said I could have the win, but it doesn't seem too fair considering we both made attempts.

[quote name='sighlintbob']ajh and I seem to be having trouble getting our game in. He keeps having nhl and nfl games to go to (just having fun aj, don't take it seriously). He said I could have the win, but it doesn't seem too fair considering we both made attempts.[/QUOTE]
you guys still have today and tomorrow to try. if it doesn't get done, we could always play the numbers game.

every other game has been accounted for (even if the results aren't exactly there), so we're still doing pretty good.

[quote name='thatstoobad']the game can definitely be entered as a sabres victory, but it will be a 0-0 score. i can make sure the person who deserves the win gets it, but i can't do anything about goals/stats.

radjago, thanks for posting those links. i guess all i can suggest is that once the game ends, go grab a soda or beer, then come back and then exit the game when you come back (assuming it takes you a couple minutes). it might be a pain in the ass to have to wait the few extra minutes, but if it means there's a greater chance of the games actually being registered, i think it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

Right, sorry Ive been such a pain...getting way to into the whole league thing :). I appreciate all of your efforts in this. Im trying to get ahold of ElDirty, but he hasnt responded as of yet.

Thanks again and sorry for the problems...its definitely worth the few extra minutes if the game registers!

Talked over things with thatstoobad regarding the league and my dirty disc errors. Since I can't go and exchange the disc anymore, I'll likely encounter errors and dropouts during league games. If any of you guys have problems with that, just let me know. I'd hate to keep playing knowing my opponent that week might not get a complete game in. It's no big deal to me if there's a replacement for Anaheim. Whatever works best for the lot of you.

[quote name='sighlintbob']ajh...can you play tonight at 10:30 PM EST?[/QUOTE]

I should be able to, but could you play now maybe?

[quote name='ajh2298']I should be able to, but could you play now maybe?[/QUOTE]

well I waited for you for 45 minutes...guess we won't be getting this game in.

i'll do a coin flip for the final game tomorrow. why not tonight? because it's late, i work tomorrow and conan just started.

i'll update and advance when i get home.

[quote name='repetske']Well at least ajh played 1 more game this season than he did all of last time.:)[/QUOTE]
It's only because he doesn't have Crosby, else he'd get every game in.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It's only because he doesn't have Crosby, else he'd get every game in.[/QUOTE]

That's too funny. Hey Steve, why don't you try to exchange your game even though it's after the date? I know when I worked at EB, if someone just had a bad copy with no scratches, we would be a little lenient about the policy.

ok. sighlintbob was heads, since his icon is silent bob's head. ajh was tails, because he has some chick all over his posts. the coin flip was pretty intense, but after a heated struggle, heads prevailed.

all the games that didn't register on the site were simmed, with the appropriate person getting the win.

i just did this to update the schedule so you guys can start planning when to play your games. i'll edit the news and all that stuff on the site tomorrow, when i have more time.

PLAY BY DATE: 11/11

schedule: week three
Nashville Predators @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Dallas Stars @ St. Louis Blues
Los Angeles Kings @ Atlanta Thrashers
Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings
New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins
Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils
Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators
Chicago Blackhawks @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Colorado Avalanche @ San Jose Sharks

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers
jaket - ottawa senators
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

PM'ed repetske...

Also, I'd like to give a heads up a few weeks in advance. I'll be leaving to go to Illinois to visit my family around Thanksgiving. I'll be leaving the Tuesday night before and I'll be coming back the Monday night after. I'm not sure of the exact dates.

I'll either have to get my game in early that week or not at all, unless the week is extended due to the holiday. I wanted to bring my Xbox anyway, though, so maybe I can find a broadband connection to use while I'm there...

Matt, your avatar is funny as hell. That's the first time I've seen it and I about spit my drink out when I saw it.

Hey guys, I was thinking about picking up this game but had a quick question about it. I know nothing about hockey, would this game still be fun for me? I didn't know if it was too sim-ish that it wouldn't be any fun for me. I used to like the old NHL Ice games for the PSX if thats any help.

I know next to nothing about hockey and I really enjoy the game. I don't know that I'd play it much without Live, which I know you don't have (although with all my other new games I barely play it anyway) but for $20, it's probably worth a purchase.

Thatstoobad, let me know when you want to play our game.
I am free tomorrow night between 6pm to 9pm.

Unfortunately i won't be able to play this weekend, next time would be monday night.

Hey Matt,

I should be available pretty much any time tomorrow or Sunday. Just let me know some times you might could play and I'll confirm.

Brad...I can't play this weekend, but during the week should be fine for me. I played a whole game yesterday without the game freezing. A step forward for me I guess.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Brad...I can't play this weekend, but during the week should be fine for me. I played a whole game yesterday without the game freezing. A step forward for me I guess.[/QUOTE]

OK, sounds good. I would have to play Monday or Tuesday though, since we have off from school after that and I'm going away for the week.

[quote name='repetske']Hey Matt,

I should be available pretty much any time tomorrow or Sunday. Just let me know some times you might could play and I'll confirm.[/QUOTE]

I PM'ed you back last night. I'll be available for a while today, maybe all night depending on how things end up. I need some time at home anyway. I'll definitely be available tomorrow.

[quote name='TJordan522']I've been in touch with Cheapy, but he doesn't even have a TV to play on yet.[/QUOTE]

Lucky for you considering the way you've been playing.

[quote name='repetske']Lucky for you considering the way you've been playing.[/QUOTE]

That's funny...I could've sworn I came back from being down 4-1 yesterday against you to win 7-4.

[quote name='TJordan522']That's funny...I could've sworn I came back from being down 4-1 yesterday against you to win 7-4.[/QUOTE]

That's only because when you started crying, I was laughing so hard it was difficult to concentrate.

It didn't register? Damn, I wonder what the problem was. Even my incomplete game (due to it freezing) last week registered.

But as I said, repetske won 11-1.

Cheapy won't have his TV/Xbox set up until Saturday. Unfortunately, I won't be around to play over the weekend, so we won't be able to play. He says to go ahead and give him the loss.

[quote name='TJordan522']Cheapy won't have his TV/Xbox set up until Saturday. Unfortunately, I won't be around to play over the weekend, so we won't be able to play. He says to go ahead and give him the loss.[/QUOTE]

Sure he does.;)

[quote name='repetske']Sure he does.;)[/QUOTE]

Lol...you're just jealous that I have a better record than you and that I will be defeating you in the playoffs.

EDIT: Damn, Brad logged in since I was last on and I didn't realize. This is Jordan lol.

[quote name='Brad906']Lol...you're just jealous that I have a better record than you and that I will be defeating you in the playoffs.

EDIT: Damn, Brad logged in since I was last on and I didn't realize. This is Jordan lol.[/QUOTE]
Ha...tell your brother 6pm EST is fine for our game. I just PMed him.

Sighlintbob I sent you a PM but I just wanted to post as well. I need to stay and work late tonight so I will not be able to play our game this evening.

We were playing on playing it at 9:30 pm cst. Can you reschedule for tomorrow evening or Thursday evening any time after 7pm cst.

Sorry but work calls thanks

[quote name='Brad906']OK, sounds good. I would have to play Monday or Tuesday though, since we have off from school after that and I'm going away for the week.[/QUOTE]
Brad and I were supposed to play our game tonight, but I decided to jump in and play an exhibition game a few minutes before we were to play. The game froze and it's still sitting there. I'm annoyed too damn much by these problems, so if it's ok with Brad, he can have the win.

And please be on the lookout for a new user for Anaheim. I just can't play this game anymore. Sorry and thanks.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Brad and I were supposed to play our game tonight, but I decided to jump in and play an exhibition game a few minutes before we were to play. The game froze and it's still sitting there. I'm annoyed too damn much by these problems, so if it's ok with Brad, he can have the win.

And please be on the lookout for a new user for Anaheim. I just can't play this game anymore. Sorry and thanks.[/QUOTE]

Wuss.:)

bread's done
Back