CAGHL 2k6: weeks 1-12 - do NOT post in this thread

[quote name='repetske']Wuss.:)[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

All I'd do is drop out of every game guaranteeing a win for my opponent. You guys wouldn't want that would you? (Well, repetske might...he likes the free wins. ;) )

[quote name='Brad906']Hmmm...I say we all chip in $1 and get Steve a new copy of NHL.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I say you all get together $30, buy NHL 06, and play me in that. At least the damn game works (albeit the gameplay isn't nearly as good). Thanks for the offer Brad. I'm just going through an anti-NHL2K6 crisis right now.

I've been trying to play a playoffs getting my 8th seeded Ducks to the Stanley Cup Finals, but I'm not progressing at all with the dirty disc error.

Boo...I wouldn't be so damn annoyed by it, if the game wasn't so good.

If I couldn't play NHL2k6, I think I'd kill myself. And yes, I do like free wins. I'm sad to see SteveMcQ dropping out, as I saw him as one of my major obstacles in defending the CAGHL Cup which I so proudly have displayed on my mantle.

(Calm down Jordan, I didn't really get a cup)

meth and i played our game today, and believe it or not, it actually registered on the site. how exciting!

what's going on with these games:
New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators
Chicago Blackhawks @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Colorado Avalanche @ San Jose Sharks

the play by date is the 11th, which means that if the game isn't played by the end of the day on the 10th, it's going to get simulated. if any of those games were played and didn't register, please let me know who won.

That was a good game fxrival, seemed a little laggy though, players would skate over the puck and not pick it up, etc... Also, on two of your goals, the goalie just screwed up and let it trickle in... Jesus, what a way to lose a game.

[quote name='dafoomie']That was a good game fxrival, seemed a little laggy though, players would skate over the puck and not pick it up, etc... Also, on two of your goals, the goalie just screwed up and let it trickle in... Jesus, what a way to lose a game.[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice the lag but I do owe a big thank you to Raycroft. Letting that slap shot from the point trickle in was a big help. Good game!

Just an FYI for whoever I'm playing in the future, someone must have broken into my house and stolen my Live headset. I can't find the fucker anywhere. I feel like an ass when people are trying to talk to me and all I can do is shout at my TV like I have turrets.

meth and i played our game today, and believe it or not, it actually registered on the site. how exciting!

what's going on with these games:
New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins

if any of those games were played and didn't register, please let me know who won.

Looks like our game didn't register. Rangers over Bruins thanks to a couple of ugly ass goals.

flybrione and I tried to play our game last night, but for some reason everytime we would start the game up it would freeze on a menu screen. We tried several times. I'm not sure if it was my connection, his connection, or one of those freak instances when you can't connect to a particular person. We are going to try it again tonight, so hopefully we can get it in.

I've asked before but got no answer. What's the situation going to be for the week of Thanksgiving? Will the "play by" date be extended?

I'm just wondering because I will be out of state from the evening of the 22nd (Tuesday before Thanksgiving) til the morning of the 29th (Tuesday after).

[quote name='fxrival']I didn't notice the lag but I do owe a big thank you to Raycroft. Letting that slap shot from the point trickle in was a big help. Good game!

Just an FYI for whoever I'm playing in the future, someone must have broken into my house and stolen my Live headset. I can't find the fucker anywhere. I feel like an ass when people are trying to talk to me and all I can do is shout at my TV like I have turrets.

Looks like our game didn't register. Rangers over Bruins thanks to a couple of ugly ass goals.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you won... I dunno why it didn't register.

Also, since that was my first home game this year, I just found out that your custom soundtracks play, even on Live, just not for the other guy. I love having the hey song play whenever I score.

[quote name='Matt Young']I've asked before but got no answer. What's the situation going to be for the week of Thanksgiving? Will the "play by" date be extended?

I'm just wondering because I will be out of state from the evening of the 22nd (Tuesday before Thanksgiving) til the morning of the 29th (Tuesday after).[/QUOTE]
it's going to end up that you have 2 days prior to leaving to get your game in, sunday the 20th and monday the 21st (i think). you'll be playing the st. louis blues that week. i would suggest trying to get your game in on one of those two days if you could (maybe even try to work out a time now, if that's even possible this early). depending on how the rest of the games go that week, i'd be willing to hold off a bit, but if your game is the only one holding things up, i'll probably simulate it. sorry.

ok, i advanced the schedule, we are now in week 4. also, while simulating some games, i noticed that after i award the win to someone, i can go back and edit the score. so, if you guys play a game and it doesn't register, in addition to telling me who won, you can also tell me what the score of the game was. i still can't award goals to individual players (i don't think), but at least there won't be a billion games that end in 0-0.

another thing, maybe i don't have to point this out, but i will just in case. you guys should try to schedule games, rather than just hoping to catch your opponant online at any given time. when you see who you play for the current week, send your opponant a PM with your available times for the next few days (or maybe even the whole week if you can). then the other person can reply with a time. it's pretty simple. if you don't know when you will be available, send them a PM asking them when they will be able to play and work from there. the point is this: try to PLAN a time for your games, instead of just hoping for the best.

i guess we're looking for a replacement for anaheim now, which is too bad, since i consider stevemcq a valuable member of the league. he always got his games in and i think he was definitely a strong contender to go far this year, if not all the way. maybe something will happen to where he can play, like a new disc falling from the heavens or something.

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

PLAY BY DATE: 11/19

schedule: week four
Tampa Bay Lightning @ New Jersey Devils
New York Rangers @ Chicago Blackhawks
St. Louis Blues @ Philadelphia Flyers
Nashville Predators @ Colorado Avalanche
Montreal Canadiens @ Dallas Stars
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Toronto Maple Leafs
San Jose Sharks @ Detroit Red Wings
Boston Bruins @ Atlanta Thrashers
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Los Angeles Kings
Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers
jaket - ottawa senators
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

[quote name='thatstoobad']ok, i advanced the schedule, we are now in week 4. also, while simulating some games, i noticed that after i award the win to someone, i can go back and edit the score. so, if you guys play a game and it doesn't register, in addition to telling me who won, you can also tell me what the score of the game was. i still can't award goals to individual players (i don't think), but at least there won't be a billion games that end in 0-0.[/QUOTE]

Can you edit my game from last week to 11-1? That would be sweet.

Also, dafoomie, let's get it on! I can play most of the weekend provided I get some notice. I'm really only busy Saturday and Sunday around lunch.

[quote name='repetske']Can you edit my game from last week to 11-1? That would be sweet.

Also, dafoomie, let's get it on! I can play most of the weekend provided I get some notice. I'm really only busy Saturday and Sunday around lunch.[/QUOTE]
I'm here anytime after about 6pm, sometimes 4/5pm, just send me a PM when you want to play.

ajh, when can you play? I may be available tonight, but that depends on whether or not my fiancee needs to get to sleep early. Otherwise, I'll be available either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday.

As for the week I'll be gone, I'm sure I can get my game in early. There's a 3 hour time difference, but Gomer and I have always gotten along great and have managed to get our games in while playing in other leagues.

[quote name='Matt Young']ajh, when can you play? I may be available tonight, but that depends on whether or not my fiancee needs to get to sleep early. Otherwise, I'll be available either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday.

As for the week I'll be gone, I'm sure I can get my game in early. There's a 3 hour time difference, but Gomer and I have always gotten along great and have managed to get our games in while playing in other leagues.[/QUOTE]

I might be able to play later tonight PM when and if you can. As far as Sat or Sun I am going to the Pitt game and then the Pens game on Sat, and then the Steelers game Sun night so I am pretty booked all weekend.

Damn... okay, well I should find out within a couple hours whether or not I'll be going out tonight. Of course, with you being on Eastern time, I have another 3 hour time difference to account for. I mean, I know we have 8 days, but I'd rather get the game in sooner than later.

EDIT: Looks like I won't be able to play until around 10:45 Pacific time, which isprobably too late.

I'm in the middle of moving into my new house and having problems getting my router set up so it may be a few days before I can get my game in. If it gets too late in the week before my set is complete, please give my opponent (Cheapy this week) the win. I will do my best to keep you guys informed on where my internet situation is.

Heh, Cheapy still might not even have a TV, lol...

Gomer, I know it's a little early, but due to my situation which was stated previously, would you be able to play next week's game sometime before Tuesday evening, when I leave for Illinois?

[quote name='Matt Young']Heh, Cheapy still might not even have a TV, lol...

Gomer, I know it's a little early, but due to my situation which was stated previously, would you be able to play next week's game sometime before Tuesday evening, when I leave for Illinois?[/QUOTE]

Before this Tuesday or next? I'll have a better idea of my situation with the router today once the computer expert of the family stops by.

when you play your games, please wait for the entire post game presentation to finish. this seems to increase the chances of the game registering on the site. last week we waited for the entire thing to play through and it registered. i just played my game for the week and we didn't wait for the entire post game presentation to play all the way through, and the game didn't register on the site. maybe there is no real correlation between the two, but it's still worth a try.

the result of our game was an 11-4 red wings victory. i can't believe the crap i shot that found the back of the net. it would have been cool if the stats had registered, but oh well.

[quote name='repetske']Atlanta beat Boston 4-2, but it didn't register. Can you edit past weeks' scores as well?[/QUOTE]
ok, i updated the results. i think i could go back and change last week's scores, but i would have to retreat the schedule, change the scores, then advance it again, then simulate the results of these games again, and i don't feel like it. simulating the scores seems to be purely cosmetic anyways, as it doesn't seem to alter the goals for/against statistic available on the standings page.

i think the whole thing has taken some of the fun out of the league, at least for me. it's too bad, really.

[quote name='thatstoobad']ok, i updated the results. i think i could go back and change last week's scores, but i would have to retreat the schedule, change the scores, then advance it again, then simulate the results of these games again, and i don't feel like it. simulating the scores seems to be purely cosmetic anyways, as it doesn't seem to alter the goals for/against statistic available on the standings page.

i think the whole thing has taken some of the fun out of the league, at least for me. it's too bad, really.[/QUOTE]

Me too. The whole stat tracking is always one of my favorite aspects as well. We might as well be doing our own pen and paper league if they aren't going to track stats properly. Have the devs even commented on when the problem might be fixed?

Yah, it really does suck. Last week I tried waiting around at the Stats menu for about 5 minutes, and it registered. I doubt its fullproof, but it may help.

[quote name='cfreeze']Any leads on someone taking the Ducks?[/QUOTE]
not yet. i checked through the thread, and although i could have sworn we had someone post as a possible alternate, it wasn't the case. hopefully someone will be interested soon.

[quote name='cfreeze']Any leads on someone taking the Ducks?[/QUOTE]
Hey cfreeze...I haven't signed out of the league yet, so if you want to try and get the game in before the deadline, we can try. I'm guessing someone won't be able to take over before the deadline anyway, so we might as well try.

In all likelihood, I'll drop out with the disc error, but at least we get a period or two in. How's about after 530EST-730EST Tuesday sound? PM me if something else works better for you. BTW, I'll try w/o a headset. Maybe that will have some effect. Not likely.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hey cfreeze...I haven't signed out of the league yet, so if you want to try and get the game in before the deadline, we can try. I'm guessing someone won't be able to take over before the deadline anyway, so we might as well try.

In all likelihood, I'll drop out with the disc error, but at least we get a period or two in. How's about after 530EST-730EST Tuesday sound? PM me if something else works better for you. BTW, I'll try w/o a headset. Maybe that will have some effect. Not likely.[/QUOTE]

She's gonna git you, Steve McQ.

Also, ajh, I replied to your PM yesterday afternoon. I was available today... probably will be tomorrow til 3-5 Pacific.

Tjordan...what's up with our game this week. I PM'd you, but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm good most nights after 10:00 PM EST. Let me know.

[quote name='sighlintbob']Tjordan...what's up with our game this week. I PM'd you, but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm good most nights after 10:00 PM EST. Let me know.[/QUOTE]

10pm? That's way past his bedtime. You're lucky to play him now that his confidence is low. He's been ducking games with me and cheapy for the last two weeks.;)

cfreeze...really sorry. We barely even got through 1/4 of a period before it locked up. I hated to have you waiting around only to have that happen. We had some thunderstorms roll through the area so I couldn't jump on right at 730. Really sorry...hopefully someone takes over Anaheim. I'm putting away the game for good.

Hey Steve,

no worries man. It was a good few minutes. Sorry you are having dificulties. For the rest of the leauge, I'm in the market for a headseat my dog chewed on mine. If you have an extra you are wiling to sell or part with let me know. Oh yeah, if you are interested in parting or selling please clean off the ear piece with somethin. Don't won't your funk

Take Care,
Clint

[quote name='cfreeze']Hey Steve,

no worries man. It was a good few minutes. Sorry you are having dificulties. For the rest of the leauge, I'm in the market for a headseat my dog chewed on mine. If you have an extra you are wiling to sell or part with let me know. Oh yeah, if you are interested in parting or selling please clean off the ear piece with somethin. Don't won't your funk

Take Care,
Clint[/QUOTE]
I don't think I'll be able to get a full game in w/o it locking up. thatstoobad, you can just credit him with the win. I really hope someone takes over Anaheim soon. Sorry to screw everyone up.

I've got a mic w/ the communicator piece. It's brand new, still in the bubble wrap. How much would you all say would be a fair price for it w/ shipping?

Alright, got my Live back up and running. Cheapy, whats good for you as far as a time to play. I'm home most every afternoon/night (except tonight) after 4 PM Eastern so let me know when to meet up with you and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Hmm...what happened to TJordan? i've tried to contact him to set up a time to play and still no word. Tonight would be an ideal time to play since I'll be out of town the next few days and won't be back until Sunday. Let me know something tjordan, if you are still out there.

[quote name='sighlintbob']Hmm...what happened to TJordan? i've tried to contact him to set up a time to play and still no word. Tonight would be an ideal time to play since I'll be out of town the next few days and won't be back until Sunday. Let me know something tjordan, if you are still out there.[/QUOTE]
has anyone heard anything from brad?

jaket and I were supposed to play... Ive sent ~3 PMs and messages over Live.

He messaged me back once, but I couldnt make the time he suggested; I have since offered a a few times and have not had a reply. If Jaket reads this, I will be online from ~9-11 EST tonight; KeyserSoze17.

Shadowcat...I'm in the lobby. Hopefully we can get started by 10:30 or I won't be able to play. It's only 10:08 now though, so we have some time.

WOW....that was one hell of a game....it didn't register though.

I won it 6-5 with 30 seconds left in OT...I was looking forward to the shootout, fired a shot to kill off the rest of the OT (since sighlintbob dominated the OT play) and it went in. What luck.

GREAT GAME sighlintbob. I had so much fun playing you and I can't wait till we play again.

[quote name='TJordan522']WOW....that was one hell of a game....it didn't register though.

I won it 6-5 with 30 seconds left in OT...I was looking forward to the shootout, fired a shot to kill off the rest of the OT (since sighlintbob dominated the OT play) and it went in. What luck.

GREAT GAME sighlintbob. I had so much fun playing you and I can't wait till we play again.[/QUOTE]

Cheeser.:shame:

[quote name='TJordan522']WOW....that was one hell of a game....it didn't register though.

GREAT GAME sighlintbob. I had so much fun playing you and I can't wait till we play again.[/QUOTE]

Yes...that was quite a crazy game. Somehow I kept coming back to tie the game. Nice game TJordan!

Brad and I are currently trying to find a time to play. Hopefully we can get our game in tonight.

Great game Tojo. I can't believe all of those goals...it ended way closer than I expected after being down 4-1. I can't believe I ended with 70+ shots either.

bread's done
Back