CAGHL 2k6: weeks 1-12 - do NOT post in this thread

Yeah, that was a good game. I couldn't believe a couple of the earlier goals that I got, it's like Vokoun was just watching them go in. Then it started to heat up when you starting scoring and it was going back and forth. 70+ shots...damn I didn't realize that you shot that many. I still don't like Aebischer though (I'm a Detroit fan!).

nice to see some games actually registered on the site.

today (friday) is the last day to play your games, so what's going on with these games:

Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Toronto Maple Leafs
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Los Angeles Kings
Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres
Montreal Canadiens @ Dallas Stars

[quote name='thatstoobad']nice to see some games actually registered on the site.

today (friday) is the last day to play your games, so what's going on with these games:

Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Toronto Maple Leafs
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Los Angeles Kings
Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres
Montreal Canadiens @ Dallas Stars[/QUOTE]
Montreal @ Dallas should be played around 6 on Friday evening.

[quote name='thatstoobad']so what's going on with these games:

Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Toronto Maple Leafs[/QUOTE]
cfreeze and I actually did try to play the game. I got a connection, played about four minutes in and right after I scored a goal, I got a dirty disc error. So he should be credited with the win since I dropped the connection, but it looks like the league site didn't give it to him (probably because I was up 1-0 and I dropped?).

Anyway, Toronto Maple Leafs over the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

Another bump for someone to take over Anaheim!!!!

[quote name='SteveMcQ']cfreeze and I actually did try to play the game. I got a connection, played about four minutes in and right after I scored a goal, I got a dirty disc error. So he should be credited with the win since I dropped the connection, but it looks like the league site didn't give it to him (probably because I was up 1-0 and I dropped?).

Anyway, Toronto Maple Leafs over the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

Another bump for someone to take over Anaheim!!!![/QUOTE]
i knew that, but i forgot to take that off the list. oh well.

[quote name='repetske']I can't wait until the schedule is advanced, so I can give Keysersoze his first loss of the season. ;-)[/QUOTE]
it would go well with the loss you have.

[quote name='radjago']Montreal @ Dallas should be played around 6 on Friday evening.[/QUOTE]
Okay Montreal @ Dallas didn't get played because I forgot about our game. Go ahead and give Meth (Montreal) the win.

i advanced the schedule to week 5 today. here's how it looks:

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

PLAY BY DATE: 11/27

schedule: week five
Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens
New Jersey Devils @ Boston Bruins
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Nashville Predators
Chicago Blackhawks @ San Jose Sharks
Toronto Maple Leafs @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche
Philadelphia Flyers @ Detroit Red Wings
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ New York Rangers
St. Louis Blues @ Los Angeles Kings
Buffalo Sabres @ Atlanta Thrashers

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers
jaket - ottawa senators
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

[quote name='radjago']Okay Montreal @ Dallas didn't get played because I forgot about our game. Go ahead and give Meth (Montreal) the win.[/QUOTE]

To be honest - i forgot about the game also !!!

go ahead and flip a coin. Sorry about that radjago. :(

I was without a monitor from Wednesday til tonight, so I wasn't able to log on to CAG. However, I did send a PM to ajh on Thursday when I was able to use a friend's PC, and got no answer. I gave him my cell number to call me aboutour game, because I didn't want to miss this week. Don't know what happened with him.

Also, Gomer and I need to play our game before Tuesday night, which is when I leave for Illinois. He PMed me about that and I responded, so we're going to try to get that in ASAP.

[quote name='repetske']I can't wait until the schedule is advanced, so I can give Keysersoze his first loss of the season. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Hey, for my first loss, when's good for you? I PM'ed you, and Ill be online a bit tonight, but how does Tuesday night at say, 10:30 EST sound? Ill add you to my friends list on Live, so hopefully we can find each other.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']Hey, for my first loss, when's good for you? I PM'ed you, and Ill be online a bit tonight, but how does Tuesday night at say, 10:30 EST sound? Ill add you to my friends list on Live, so hopefully we can find each other.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was away most of the weekend. Tuesday at 10:30 eastern should be fine with me. I can also play today from about 6:30 to 9 eastern if you wanted to.

Okay, we have a problem. Gomer and I connected, talked for about 20 seconds, and then I got the "Waiting For Opponent" countdown. The game disconnected.

After that, I tried going back into the league lobby, and I got a message saying the league was updating and I should try again later.

A couple minutes after that, Gomer and I started our game again. Same result.

I was a few minutes late getting on, and now I have to leave in 10 or 15 minutes, so I can't try again. I doubt it would work anyway.

Gomer, could you play right after Raw is over, maybe?

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay, we have a problem. Gomer and I connected, talked for about 20 seconds, and then I got the "Waiting For Opponent" countdown. The game disconnected.

After that, I tried going back into the league lobby, and I got a message saying the league was updating and I should try again later.

A couple minutes after that, Gomer and I started our game again. Same result.

I was a few minutes late getting on, and now I have to leave in 10 or 15 minutes, so I can't try again. I doubt it would work anyway.

Gomer, could you play right after Raw is over, maybe?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll jump on after Raw is finished. I even went to the length of killing off things like my custom soundtrack to see if that may help a little. See you after Raw.

Okay, cool. I'm pretty sure your setup wasn't the problem, though, since I got that message about the league updating.

Just as a note, I'm taping Raw since I won't be back before it starts, so no spoilers, please. ;)

I tried playing Keyser Soze today and we didn't even get as far as you guys. We couldn't even play an exhibition. I also tried to play Shadowcat/sighlintbob and that didn't work out either. The servers must be really messed up. It took me about 10 tries to even get a quickmatch going.

This is all very peculiar.

Gomer and I tried three more times, and got the same result. For the sake of convenience, however, since I am leaving tomorrow, we played an exhibition game. I figured we could just use that to determine a winner.

Gomer beat me 5-1.

[quote name='Matt Young']This is all very peculiar.

Gomer and I tried three more times, and got the same result. For the sake of convenience, however, since I am leaving tomorrow, we played an exhibition game. I figured we could just use that to determine a winner.

Gomer beat me 5-1.[/QUOTE]

Like I had told Matt, when we were at the matchup screen, my teams stats were all at zero and when the game would load, it would give me a buzzing noise and basically freeze. It may have been something to do with whatever problems 2Ksports may be having or just bad luck on our part for the league since I've had no other probs this year with games. But the game is at least taken care of, good game like always my friend. Go watch Raw!!

Hey Meth,
You going to see the Thrashers play tonight? I'm predicting 12-0. Just kidding. I would love to see a hockey game played somewhere up north, especially Canada.

cheapy and i played our game late sunday night. it was a great game. the lead kept going back and forth, until regulation ended with a 6-6 tie. the game ended up going all the way to the shoot out, where i was lucky enough to come away with the win.

[quote name='repetske']Hey Meth,
You going to see the Thrashers play tonight? I'm predicting 12-0. Just kidding. I would love to see a hockey game played somewhere up north, especially Canada.[/QUOTE]
or here in detroit, since it is hockeytown and all. too bad wings games are way too expensive.

just for the heck of it, i uploaded the classic "the hockey song" by stompin' tom connors, in case anyone had any interest in downloading it. here's the link: http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2CGBKLQX4OV8B3LEZ6HLK9VDHS

[quote name='METH']Anyone heard of Jaket ?[/QUOTE]

I was supposed to play a game with him last week and couldnt find him. He sent me one PM and that was it...

[quote name='repetske']Hey Meth,
You going to see the Thrashers play tonight? I'm predicting 12-0. Just kidding. I would love to see a hockey game played somewhere up north, especially Canada.[/QUOTE]

I was at the game tonight... who's that #17 anyways?

Oh and is it just me - or Hossa got robbed by Theodore ;) muahahaha!

By the way, you are always welcome to watch hockey with us up the border and enjoy a good canadian lager !

Keyser, sorry I missed out scheduled window to play last night. My girlfriend's mom was in a car accident and we headed out of town as soon as I got off work. I could play this (Wed.) afternoon a little after 5:30 if you are available.

[quote name='repetske']Keyser, sorry I missed out scheduled window to play last night. My girlfriend's mom was in a car accident and we headed out of town as soon as I got off work. I could play this (Wed.) afternoon a little after 5:30 if you are available.[/QUOTE]

Hell, no worries man. Ill be online around 10:00 tonight (Wed) for a while. Hope to see you there! Hopefully she's okay...

Good game Radjago! Half of the goals scored by my team though should have never went in and I think we both know it. Anyways, I don't think the game registered and if it didn't Colorado won 6-4.

[quote name='Tojo']Good game Radjago! Half of the goals scored by my team though should have never went in and I think we both know it. Anyways, I don't think the game registered and if it didn't Colorado won 6-4.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I just checked and it didn't. Sucks cause it was a good game and Hejduk got a hat trick, though a few goals slipped in thanks to people on the wrong team putting it into the goal. That second period was really intense with all the back and forth plays.

And I never really realized how boring the post-game commentary was. He kept talking about how Colorado could have extended their 1 goal lead into 2, but it was a 2-goal game.

ok, today is the last day to play your games, and here is the long list of games that haven't been accounted for:

any news?

[quote name='thatstoobad']Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ New York Rangers

any news?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm still being deprived of my NHL2K6.:cry:

Everytime I see this topic bumped, reminds me of how annoyed I am that I can't play the game. I wish 2K could just send me a new disc.

I was thinking of just buying a 360 so I could play 2K6 on that. I need my hockey fix.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']

I was thinking of just buying a 360 so I could play 2K6 on that. I need my hockey fix.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be a BIT cheaper to just lay out the $20 and get a new game? Lol.

[quote name='thatstoobad']ok, today is the last day to play your games, and here is the long list of games that haven't been accounted for:

any news?[/QUOTE]

Haven't got any news from Jaket.
I'm going to PM him again.

since some of the unplayed games are kind of important to the standings, i'll let the schedule go for one extra day (not that i really think it's going to make much a difference, but whatever).

i'll advance the schedule tomorrow, not today.

[quote name='Brad906']Wouldn't it be a BIT cheaper to just lay out the $20 and get a new game? Lol.[/QUOTE]
The new goalie controls intrigue me. That and I have it out for my non-functioning Xboxes (with 2K games anyway).

[quote name='thatstoobad']since some of the unplayed games are kind of important to the standings, i'll let the schedule go for one extra day (not that i really think it's going to make much a difference, but whatever).

i'll advance the schedule tomorrow, not today.[/QUOTE]

Cfreeze and I should be playing our game tonight.

[quote name='thatstoobad']since some of the unplayed games are kind of important to the standings, i'll let the schedule go for one extra day (not that i really think it's going to make much a difference, but whatever).

i'll advance the schedule tomorrow, not today.[/QUOTE]

In the interest of not missing a week, I played a game versus the CPU version of the Ducks. I set the gameplay to fairest possible settings. Difficulty level was set to Rookie and, due to an injury sustained in the pregame warm ups, the Ducks were forced to put their back up into action. Sadly, the back up was struck by a sudden on set of the Avian flu. To thier credit, Anaheim continued on without a goaltender.

The final score was NYR 42 Ducks 0. Jagr managed a personal best of 15 goals and Kevin Weeks is still celebrating his first hat trick. Good Game!

[quote name='fxrival']In the interest of not missing a week, I played a game versus the CPU version of the Ducks. I set the gameplay to fairest possible settings. Difficulty level was set to Rookie and, due to an injury sustained in the pregame warm ups, the Ducks were forced to put their back up into action. Sadly, the back up was struck by a sudden on set of the Avian flu. To thier credit, Anaheim continued on without a goaltender.

The final score was NYR 42 Ducks 0. Jagr managed a personal best of 15 goals and Kevin Weeks is still celebrating his first hat trick. Good Game![/QUOTE]
:rofl:My poor, poor Ducks.

I pm'd Keyser with my phone number, so hopefully he'll have some time to play today. I've been out of town with the holidays though and we did try to play on one of the first days of the scheduled week, but the network wouldn't let us play.

I just finished playing dafoomie....what a game. I went down 2-0, took a 3-2 lead, but then dafoomie tied it up to force OT. Elias scored with under 10 seconds left in OT for the second straight game, saving me from an almost certain shootout defeat.

Good game dafoomie!

I need to figure out what the poke check button is... Every time I go up ice, poke check, turnover.

I also need to figure out how to not skate by the puck and leave it there.

[quote name='dafoomie']I need to figure out what the poke check button is... Every time I go up ice, poke check, turnover.

I also need to figure out how to not skate by the puck and leave it there.[/QUOTE]

Y

I still never heard back from ajh...hopefully he's not abandoning the league again like he did last time. I would've really liked to get the game in, but there wasn't much I could do.

[quote name='TJordan522']I just finished playing dafoomie....what a game. I went down 2-0, took a 3-2 lead, but then dafoomie tied it up to force OT. Elias scored with under 10 seconds left in OT for the second straight game, saving me from an almost certain shootout defeat.

Good game dafoomie![/QUOTE]

So TJordan eeks out another victory. Wow! You're starting to be the OT king.

bread's done
Back