CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Can't remember my game vs Kaster (first of the year) but Id probably remember if there was unenjoyable lag associated.

Will play my CPU Game tonight around 1030 est.

I'm also willing to play against others to see if it was just an issue against you for some reason, Nate
If it is...then I think we're probably just permanently unable to play each other for whatever reason. I've just had a fairly consistent memory of my games with you being pretty laggy. I did play an online ranked game last night just to make sure my connection wasn't being weird..and yeah, no lag in that game (well, nothing out of the ordinary...like stutter on cutscenes or whatever...but nothing that affected gameplay). I don't know what else to say.

I remember my game with Kaster being really laggy too. I would hate to lose a quality member over something like that but it was pretty bad.

Just got disconnected in the 4th quarter against pitfall.  Down by 3 I had just forced a 4th down with like 2:30 minutes left.

Edit - I guess pitfall's toddler bumped the power button on his 360.  Don't have time to replay it tonight so I am okay with the game being simmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got disconnected in the 4th quarter against pitfall. Down by 3 I had just forced a 4th down with like 2:30 minutes left.

Edit - I guess pitfall's toddler bumped the power button on his 360. Don't have time to replay it tonight so I am okay with the game being simmed.
That's why I have this opened up and stretched out like a giant ass Walking Dead prison fence across the front of my living room. Keeps my daughter away from all of my media and devices, lol.

0002610708669_500X500.jpg

Well my game just froze after I paused it with 30 seconds left to answer a phone call. A big fuck you to EA Sports for that 45 minutes of my life wasted.

Nate, the game will have to be simmed Unless you don't advance until after 6 am EST. I can't play again until 5 am est. If you can only advance tonight/now I understand though.

Edit: Yeah Nate I worked through the night and thought I could power through to my game but I can't. I'm exhausted. My game will have to be simmed.

I don't remember my game with Kaster being overly laggy...my laggiest games by far have been against the Bears.
I think we need his next couple human opponents to take notice then. So far, we're getting 2 people saying yes and 2 people not remembering...but thinking they would have remembered if it was. Maybe that's not enough to "convict" him on, lol. But it's not exactly a glowing endorsement either.

We have advanced. The deadline for Week 15 will be 11/17. Has anybody heard from scrub0bk? He didn't play his game this week, and I feel like there's been at least a game or two recently he's missed. He got a sim win over the Lions...and in a close NFC East race, I'm not exactly a fan of people getting free wins. He hasn't posted in here since 10/8...so, yeah. Hope he lets us know what's going on.

sorry about that, i'm still here. I think the only other game i missed was the green bay game since i was on vacation, but ive been able to play everyting since. styill paying attention, just didnt have time this week to play

Well, I tried playing my game a little bit ago, but my Xbox froze up again. I think I might finally give up the battle and grab a new slim. That $99 one at Walmart on BF looks like a good deal.

I think we need his next couple human opponents to take notice then. So far, we're getting 2 people saying yes and 2 people not remembering...but thinking they would have remembered if it was. Maybe that's not enough to "convict" him on, lol. But it's not exactly a glowing endorsement either.
Don't know how this years madden is lag wise, but last year only one of me and kaster's games was unbearable; 1/4 had the problem. Guess I picked the perfect time to poke my head in lol.

Man, just once I would like beat the CPU and not have it come down to the wire.  Skins beat the Falcons by 3 on a last second field goal.

Man, just once I would like beat the CPU and not have it come down to the wire. Skins beat the Falcons by 3 on a last second field goal.
i have the same problem. the cowboys oline is horrible i dont get any time in the pocket at all. no wonder romo looks so bad in real life i can feel his pain.

Just curious if any of you are getting a PS4 and considering Madden? The lack of video and reviews scare me, although I expect it to be loads better that the steaming turd that was Madden 06 on the 360.

Before we started, we had one Pats fan (Panoramic15) sign up for them...and then never join the league. He plays in the Official Madden league...and he's actually in our NHL league too. Just didn't have the time for this one.
I thought he was planning on taking over them just a couple weeks ago.

I was very busy during the start of the season. I am 100% active now.

Yeah...I started to respond, then realized it could easily sound like I'm just pissing on the next gen party (I'm not planning on getting either system for at least a year or two). But Polygon did a livestream of the PS4 last night...and they played Madden...so you can see the gameplay for yourself right here.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/13/5100328/live-polygons-ps4-marathon-video

Skip to 28:05 for Madden.

Yeah, I did not deserve to win that game. Panthers get their fist loss of the season. I could not stop Hoo's insane receivers. Even his tight ends were easily outrunning my corners. Gg HooRox.

So in order to hopefully facilitate less lag, I'm going to be getting an Ethernet cable to hard wire my xbox. Hopefully removing the wireless aspect from the equation will help matters. Nate, if you would like to play again once I have it to test out the connection, let me know. I don't know if I have any more human opponents this season.

Yeah, I did not deserve to win that game. Panthers get their fist loss of the season. I could not stop Hoo's insane receivers. Even his tight ends were easily outrunning my corners. Gg HooRox.
Thx Dark Rider. That was a good game. The first half was ugly for me and I thought it was over after Olsen took that first play of 2nd half for a TD to make it 21-3. But I think my play calling got better in 2nd half and I made better decisions. Plus I was able to get the running game going a little bit. But, the Jets def really picked it up in 2nd half, too. The turning point was stopping you on 3rd down at the 2 min warning.

It was a fun game, but I'm glad I don't have to play you again in the reg season anytime soon. :) You and your team are tough! GL in the playoffs, since I'm sure you're still leading the way.

Quick question, does this game allow for coach only online (as in, you pick the plays, etc and the computer plays it out)?

So in order to hopefully facilitate less lag, I'm going to be getting an Ethernet cable to hard wire my xbox. Hopefully removing the wireless aspect from the equation will help matters. Nate, if you would like to play again once I have it to test out the connection, let me know. I don't know if I have any more human opponents this season.
That should make a huge difference. Yeah, I'd definitely be up for testing it out. The thought I had yesterday was should we meet in the playoffs (definitely not counting on anything...but if it does happen), if the game has any lag that makes the game difficult to play, we just stop it immediately, and try again another time. With shared college connections like that, you could easily be dealing with peak times and that nonsense too. It might be an inconvenience to have to reschedule another time to play...but it's better than letting the game go on, having either team score, and then questioning the validity of the game.

Like I've said, minimal lag where cutscenes stutter or it happens once or twice a quarter is one thing. But when you're continuously having difficulty inputting pre-play adjustments...or even scrolling from one group of plays to the next, the game just shouldn't continue. This notion of "just dealing with it" isn't reasonable. But hopefully going wired will alleviate enough of the problem that we won't have to worry about those measures.

Quick question, does this game allow for coach only online (as in, you pick the plays, etc and the computer plays it out)?
If you're hoping to be able to play against another human doing the same thing, no, I don't think you can (although, I haven't actually poked around much in unranked games). But in general, if you don't press any buttons on your controller after selecting your play, the AI will control the player you have selected anyway. I wouldn't be confident in the results you'd get playing like that...since the AI is easily exploitable. But that should essentially give you the play style you're looking for.

Just loaded up our league for the first time since we advanced...to discover that I lost Chris Johnson for the rest of the season in my game against the Broncos that dropped and ended up needing to be simmed... Somebody talk me down off the ledge, please...because I want to chuck this game out the fucking window...

Somebody make me feel better and tell me Peyton Manning broke his neck.

Just loaded up our league for the first time since we advanced...to discover that I lost Chris Johnson for the rest of the season in my game against the Broncos that dropped and ended up needing to be simmed... Somebody talk me down off the ledge, please...because I want to chuck this game out the fucking window...

Somebody make me feel better and tell me Peyton Manning broke his neck.
Injuries are what make the game realistic, right? right?

Beatt the Lions 17-14. Was able to keep Calvin in check, think I held him to about 60-70 yards and no tds.

If we didnt advance by tonight i should be able to get my game in with the CPU. I've been real busy and keep forgetting about playing the game, i think i may have to drop after this year as well, due to time constraints and the xb1 gonna be taking up most of my gaming time, but i'll make sure you guys know when the season is over

My guess was that he got it from Sports Illustrated. But man, I so regret not getting in on that settlement. I have somewhere around 20 EA Sports games for Xbox 360.

Gary, if you read this: How are you liking your PS4?

Free as in I paid zero dollars and zero cents. Got in on that Amazon Kindle $5 Madden offer and used my Amazon Visa points to pay the the rest. Arrives tomorrow.

My guess was that he got it from Sports Illustrated. But man, I so regret not getting in on that settlement. I have somewhere around 20 EA Sports games for Xbox 360.

Gary, if you read this: How are you liking your PS4?
Um..this is the Madden thread, Matt. I don't think Gary reads this, lol

Go drunk, Matt. You're home! :lol:

Free as in I paid zero dollars and zero cents. Got in on that Amazon Kindle $5 Madden offer and used my Amazon Visa points to pay the the rest. Arrives tomorrow.
Ah, I see. Yeah, that was a pretty awesome deal for anyone with one of the newer Kindle Fires. My wife has a first gen...so no go there. Would have been nice to get a cheap to resell for BF spending money though.

Um..this is the Madden thread, Matt. I don't think Gary reads this, lol

Go drunk, Matt. You're home! :lol:

Ah, I see. Yeah, that was a pretty awesome deal for anyone with one of the newer Kindle Fires. My wife has a first gen...so no go there. Would have been nice to get a cheap to resell for BF spending money though.
Yeah. In my case, it was a little more involved than that. I signed up in September for a text alert and never got that or saw an offer on my Kindle Fire HD. So I chatted with them yesterday and after a while, the CSR gave me the promo. Supposed to arrive tomorrow, though I bought a copy from Gamestop to play over the weekend that I will return tomorrow.

I can't believe you lost Chris Johnson! I lost Charles in the other league for part of last season. It sucks.

Also, I am fairly sure that Gary is Matt Young's stalker. He just assumes that Gary reads everything he posts. :D

Aw man. I was herpin' and derpin' for sure! Had 2 threads open in different tabs on my phone, but that's no excuse.

I only posted in the wrong thread because I was in a drunken stupor! ;-)

I can't believe you lost Chris Johnson! I lost Charles in the other league for part of last season. It sucks.

Also, I am fairly sure that Gary is Matt Young's stalker. He just assumes that Gary reads everything he posts. :D
Yeah...and even worse to lose him in a simmed game. Just conclusive proof that EA hates me. I feel cursed. No matter how much effort I put into these games, they just shit all over me. Really starting to wonder why I keep taking it. fucking Stockholm Syndrome X 1000.

I'm honestly glad this console generation is winding to a close...because who knows what will happen with leagues next year. Some people are switching to PS4, some are getting Xbox Ones, and some will still have 360s. People are going to be all over the place.

Yeah, that worries me about Luck when I need to have a game simmed.
It's an extra kick in the nuts that it wasn't even a 3-4 week injury, where I'd a least have a shot at getting him back in the playoffs. It was 7 weeks. I didn't do the exact math, but I guess if I made it to the Super Bowl, he might be back...but my offense was fucking anemic without CJ against the CPU Cardinals. No way in hell am I getting that far. Always nice to have your time wasted by things beyond your control.

I'm just having a hard time enjoying sports right now. Pretty much all my teams are fucked in both real life and gaming, lol. Titans and Predators in real life are missing Jake Locker and Pekka Rinne. Titans and Predators in Madden/NHL are missing Chris Johnson and 3 Preds players (though that can change at any second).

My college football team sucks. I really haven't cared about basketball in years. The Yankees aren't playing, but they suck too. George St. Pierre got his ass kicked and Jon Jones pulled out of his next fight. I swear to God, if something happens to Ronda Rousey, I'm going to lose my damn mind. I feel like I should get into Pokemon or some shit, lol.

I'm just having a hard time enjoying sports right now. Pretty much all my teams are fucked in both real life and gaming, lol. Titans and Predators in real life are missing Jake Locker and Pekka Rinne. Titans and Predators in Madden/NHL are missing Chris Johnson and 3 Preds players (though that can change at any second).
You could become a Panthers fan. :lol:

In all seriousness, we have the worst bandwagon fans of any team in the league. The stadium was sold out last night, but if we had lost, it would be empty on Sunday. No one "pays attention to football" until they are winning.

bread's done
Back