CAGplay Forecast #1: That's a Terrible Name

When Wombat mentioned "The Jesus" I thought that he meant
jesus.jpg

And nobody fucks with The Jesus.

Good show guys. A nice change of pace from the usual. Hopefully this is a more common occurance when Cheapy is MIA.

Loved the convo about the diffferent players in Warhawk. I also love the jumping guy in these shooters. And the guy who just drives a jeep just to drive. Haha great! :)

So Ship, are you a fan of POD and/or MXPX?

I highly recommend the mxpx album "Slowing going the way of the buffalo" its great stuff.....

i normally find wombat more entertaining w/ his rebuttals then Cheapy, then shipwreck is the 'master of knowledge of all the unknown games' so this podcast would be the best one ever... right? Wrong.

Cheapy plays the huge roll of getting the show moving. He also adds a certain type of charisma into the podcast that you dont normally find, a bit of showmanship which isn't there without him. I think foreplay is great since Mrs. Ship, pushes the show along and you get to the content of new games quick and fast with all relevant info in a nice bite size sections.

There was too much time spent on too human. Neither ship or wombat wanted to move on which allowed Wombat to get upset with the story(not having more nortic background), then later say he skips the cut scenes in the game. I think it caught ship off guard but still...wombat don't complain about the story when you know you don't watch the cut scenes. I am not defending the game since i only played the demo, and didn't care for the game play just bringing up the point.
Complaining for a lack of a certain type of story, then say you don't watch the cut scenes is really a poor argument.

Can't wait for the next weeks normal programing. D:

[quote name='Wombat']does he appear in the game at all? I thought he did the tutorial[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia says he was in the movie based game. That's where you got confused.

[quote name='pelf21']So Ship, are you a fan of POD and/or MXPX?

I highly recommend the mxpx album "Slowing going the way of the buffalo" its great stuff.....[/QUOTE]

I liked P.O.D. for a small stretch, but I'm not a big fan of the whole rapcore style or whatever that type of music is.

I do like MXPX, especially from that era. I haven't bought their latest album yet. I guess if people want to know what my favorite Christian bands are I can just list some of them.

-Caedmon's Call
-Five Iron Frenzy/Brave Saint Saturn
-Jars of Clay
-Plankeye
-Poor Old Lu

There are a lot more that I enjoy, but I think I celebrate the entire catalog of those 5 bands.

I liked this show a lot with a little more wombat and shipwreck practice I'm sure it'll rival the CAGcast this episode felt so friendly :] and even MORE casual :D

I would like more of these shows, it was nice to have two informed hosts. Also I liked the fantasy football talk, you guys should get teams in a league together then talk about it on the show.

[quote name='shipwreck']I liked P.O.D. for a small stretch, but I'm not a big fan of the whole rapcore style or whatever that type of music is.

I do like MXPX, especially from that era. I haven't bought their latest album yet. I guess if people want to know what my favorite Christian bands are I can just list some of them.

-Caedmon's Call
-Jars of Clay
-Plankeye
-Poor Old Lu

There are a lot more that I enjoy, but I think I celebrate the entire catalog of those 5 bands.[/quote]

Some good choices there Ship. I'm also afan of Relient K. It seems a lot of christian bands come from the Ohio area?

My favorite christian group right now is The Devil Wears Prada, a christian metalcore band. Not really into the type of muic, but thier cover of Still Fly is real catchy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fzE7wzrByE

[quote name='shipwreck']I guess if people want to know what my favorite Christian bands are I can just list some of them.

-Caedmon's Call
-Jars of Clay
-Plankeye
-Poor Old Lu[/quote]

Ship,

If you like FiF and BSS, then I assume you've listened to Roper? Roper is (as far as I know) Reece Roper's current band. "Brace Yourself for the Mediocre" by Roper is a really solid album.

Also, have you listened to the newest JoC album "Good Monsters?" It's a real return-to-form for me. Plankeye's "Commonwealth" was one of the two albums (along with Seven Day Jesus' "The Hunger") that got me started into making my own music. It looks like we have very similar musical taste.

What do you think about Shane & Shane and David Crowder?

After listening to this podcast i listed my Wii on ebay. I thought you guys were joking by saying nothing was coming out for the rest of the year. Then I looked and realized that the only game I would have any interested in is Animal Crossing. Shipwreck was right. Every Nintendo game has already come out for the Wii. I figure I can sell now and then just buy one for maybe 200 new in a year or two when a new Zelda comes out or something.

[quote name='angryemu']Ship,

If you like FiF and BSS, then I assume you've listened to Roper? Roper is (as far as I know) Reece Roper's current band. "Brace Yourself for the Mediocre" by Roper is a really solid album.

Also, have you listened to the newest JoC album "Good Monsters?" It's a real return-to-form for me. Plankeye's "Commonwealth" was one of the two albums (along with Seven Day Jesus' "The Hunger") that got me started into making my own music. It looks like we have very similar musical taste.

What do you think about Shane & Shane and David Crowder?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I guess I should have grouped Roper and Guerilla Rodeo in there with FIF as well. Good Monsters is good, their new single "Closer" reminds me of their "If I Left the Zoo" album which is one of my favorite albums of all time.

The Hunger is an amazing album as well. They really messed with Seven Day Jesus' sound when their non-5 Minute Walk album came out. If you liked "The Hunger", I'm guessing you would enjoy Black Eyed Sceva/Model Engine as well.

I've actually never heard of Shane & Shane, but I could take or leave David Crowder. I'll give Shane & Shane a listen.

Edit: Oh, one of the "Shanes" is Shane Barnard. Same as Crowder then, take it or leave it. Doesn't really do much for me, they both just sound like the music you hear at a contemporary service. (Which, I know is a weird thing to say since a lot of their songs are used in those services.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you two would never shut up about fantasy football.I'll watch football if someone else is watching it, but I don't bother following it. I stopped liking pro sports about the time I realized that they would make more money in a year for playing with their balls, than I would make by doing honest work throughout my entire lifetime.
Guitar Praise is something that should be recipient of a lawsuit, but won't because that would be bad press for activision/harmonix. Even though I stopped going to church a long time ago, I might by it if it had full band 4 players like Rock Band and had some Stryper on the setlist.

Wombat and Shipwreck make a fun pair with only one immature host instead of two.

This is indeed a crossover. Cagcast is Superman and Cagforeplay is The Flash, they're both the same company and universe but they don't usually interact and when they do its a crossover event.

Well, I haven't finished the show yet, but awesome so far... I love it when Shipwreck joins the CAGcast and Wombat is always entertaining.

Like someone said above, I did find it odd when Wombat complained about not enough Nordic stuff and being able to change the names of everyone and not know it was Nordic, but then said he skipped the cutscenes... Not sure it's fair to complain about story elements when you skip them.

Oh, and one other thing that it seems everyone on the internet seems to buy into. How is the 360 still just a shooter box? Is there any other console where you can get the same quality RPGs--Western or Japanese? Sure, I have GoW and Halo on my shelf collecting dust, but Fable:TLC, Mass Effect, and Oblivion are still getting play. Fable 2 and Fallout are my short-list for must-buys this Fall. And my buddy just bought Tales of Vesparia (sp?) for us to co-op at his house. The 360 may be a shooter-box, but it's just as much an RPG-box too. Maybe the misconception is b/c RPGs may not sell or be as sexy as the shooters.

Wombat: Was the Fantasy Football league always proposed as the Wombat Football League or was that one of your demands before considering possibly becoming a part of the league?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wombat: Was the Fantasy Football league always proposed as the Wombat Football League or was that one of your demands before considering possibly becoming a part of the league?[/quote]

If Wombat has the number one pick, I'm calling foul.

Me vs. Mrs. Ship in week one and Wombat in week two. Intimidating! ;)

You can't compare the Wii and the Dreamcast, because the Dreamcast was actually a good system.

And also a great show, good to know there's always a backup when one of you is out of town, Shipwreck's a great replacement and should be on the CAGcast more often.

Well, when the show started, I was a little leery, you guys were kind of rough at first. But you settled into it, and the show ended up being pretty good. I didn't mind the tangential topics, like the fantasy football stuff, but maybe I'm just easily entertained after the horrendous month I've had at work...

/tk

This is like the nerdier version of Cagcast.

I don't think Wombat is a hater at all. He likes what he likes. It comes from experience and I bet he has a job, wife and child that don't allow him to play every game that comes along just because it says videogame on it.

As for WoW, well you can solo up to level 70 and beyond. I mostly solo-ed in WoW. I would group together with friends when our schedules sync-ed up, but that wasn't too often. The key is to just enjoy the journey and not worry about getting this or that gear. There's always better gear anyway. And the upcoming xpac will only reset all that. And if you do have the very best gear it means your computer chair needs replacing.

You can mange the WoW time if you want to although there's always temptation around the corner.

I like the final fantasy football talk in the beginning of the show. Haha, didn't expect that. After listening to the Too Human bit, I'm kinda interested now, but, I think I'll wait till it turns to a budget title.

Keep up the good work guys. =]

Really enjoyed this show, even though it lacked polish there was lots of substance to it. Liked the talk about Guitar Praise as well, as a Christian Im hoping its solid. Sorry Wombat there's no Jew Hero announcement as of yet.

I liked the show and while I guess I'm in the minority who still plays my Wii, maybe I just move too slowly through the games. I have a ton of games to play. And, since you mentioned it, I threw up a request for the Spider-Man PS1 game on Goozex. Hooray!

[quote name='Daktari']

Oh, and one other thing that it seems everyone on the internet seems to buy into. How is the 360 still just a shooter box? Is there any other console where you can get the same quality RPGs--Western or Japanese? Sure, I have GoW and Halo on my shelf collecting dust, but Fable:TLC, Mass Effect, and Oblivion are still getting play. Fable 2 and Fallout are my short-list for must-buys this Fall. And my buddy just bought Tales of Vesparia (sp?) for us to co-op at his house. The 360 may be a shooter-box, but it's just as much an RPG-box too. Maybe the misconception is b/c RPGs may not sell or be as sexy as the shooters.[/QUOTE]

Granted their are some great JRPGs on the 360 and I'm very glad I have it for that reason. But I consider Mass Effect a shooter with RPG-lite elements. And I'm sure Fallout will be similar (though I do have it preordered). No one ever said there weren't other type of games, anyway, but the emphasis for all the heavy-hitting releases and the ones Xbox 360 owners seem to give the most attention to are the shooters. If it wasn't for Ship, Vesperia would hardly get a mention on the CAGcast ;).

Fantasy Football talk.... meh I almost fell asleep and x-stian rock... let's just say that I prefer "Rock me, Sexy Jesus"

I think I'd much rather have a CheapyD MsShipwreck show.

[quote name='Treythalomew']After listening to this podcast i listed my Wii on ebay. I thought you guys were joking by saying nothing was coming out for the rest of the year. Then I looked and realized that the only game I would have any interested in is Animal Crossing. Shipwreck was right. Every Nintendo game has already come out for the Wii. I figure I can sell now and then just buy one for maybe 200 new in a year or two when a new Zelda comes out or something.[/quote]

I'm waiting until X-mas time so I can get top dollah! The wii = massive letdown

Hard to avoid Fantasy Football talk. You hear it on the radio, TV, podcasts, ESPN, blurbs on Madden 09, etc, etc. For me, I find it most annoying when it comes from friends who never seem to shut up about it. They keep trying to coach me on my nonexistent team and asking me who my picks are. I tell them I don't have any picks because I don't wanna do it this year...annnd they just go on about their team.

At least Wombat and Ship kept it to minimum. It didn't resurface too much throughout the podcast.

[quote name='hppypnts']I think I'd much rather have a CheapyD MsShipwreck show.[/quote]

That should be the next CAGplay Forecast. Then something crazy like all four hosts. I'll pay quadruple for those issues!

Good to see the other two thirds of team Xbox hook up. I didn't think the show would go on without Cheapy. was the show good? I don't know, I still need to listen to it. But I enjoy all the shows Wombat and Shipwreck have collaborated on.... not perfect, but still good!

[quote name='Daktari']Not sure it's fair to complain about story elements when you skip them.[/quote]

What if you skipped them because they were stupid?

I just thought it was funny that last crossover, even Shipwreck sounded weary from Wombat's antics. This was seemed like a bizarro (if we're just going to throw around more comic book references) episode where Wombat professes his love for three Japanese game franchises and Shipwreck comes up with excuses not to play some games that I thought would be day one purchases.

Good work guys. Very solid show. I think this episode should've been titled "Wombat Tries" as he was on top of everything and caught even Shipwreck off-guard with his preparedness.

Shipwreck is awesome and Wombat relishes the "Guy You Love to Hate" role but I have to say the following rule should apply when Cheapy is gone: No Cheapy should = No Podcast. You two had about as much chemistry as President Bush's senior year in college. I like spaghetti, I like ice cream, I don't like spaghetti ice cream. Your own podcast shows are where you belong. Only Cheapy can bring forth the magic and unite the two clans. Until that day shall the airwaves remain silent.

Remember.

[quote name='kiddvid']Shipwreck is awesome and Wombat relishes the "Guy You Love to Hate" role but I have to say the following rule should apply when Cheapy is gone: No Cheapy should = No Podcast. You two had about as much chemistry as President Bush's senior year in college. I like spaghetti, I like ice cream, I don't like spaghetti ice cream. Your own podcast shows are where you belong. Only Cheapy can bring forth the magic and unite the two clans. Until that day shall the airwaves remain silent.

Remember.[/QUOTE]

am I spaghetti or ice cream?

[quote name='Wombat']am I spaghetti or ice cream?[/quote]

Given the pictures I've seen of you and ship, I'm going with ice cream. ;) Of course, compared to ship, almost EVERYBODY would be ice cream. ;)

Edit: I realized after I posted that it might've sounded mean. For the record, I think there's nothing wrong with being ice cream. :)

/tk

[quote name='kiddvid']Shipwreck is awesome and Wombat relishes the "Guy You Love to Hate" role but I have to say the following rule should apply when Cheapy is gone: No Cheapy should = No Podcast. You two had about as much chemistry as President Bush's senior year in college. I like spaghetti, I like ice cream, I don't like spaghetti ice cream. Your own podcast shows are where you belong. Only Cheapy can bring forth the magic and unite the two clans. Until that day shall the airwaves remain silent.

Remember.[/QUOTE]

I very much disagree.....

[quote name='terpkristin']Given the pictures I've seen of you and ship, I'm going with ice cream. ;) Of course, compared to ship, almost EVERYBODY would be ice cream. ;)

Edit: I realized after I posted that it might've sounded mean. For the record, I think there's nothing wrong with being ice cream. :)

/tk[/QUOTE]

for the record Id rather be ice cream

Shipwreck is spaghetti since he has a yellowish white color and has a red head (sauuuuce) and wombat is good but too much can give you a brain freeze

case closed...so whens cagforecast #2 coming?

[quote name='kiddvid']I would not.[/quote]

You prefer to have him plain, don't want to spoil the flavor - I understand.

As much as I love the slightly awkward chemistry between Ship and Wombat, I'm wondering when we're going to have a real CAG Foreplay. And a CAGcast for that matter. Is Cheapy going to be ready to record this weekend? Does Wombat have any hard feelings for his co-host? Will the Shipwrecks continue the podcast draught? Find out next time on.... Cheap! Ass! Gamer!!!!! :lol:

the three click golfing you said was new is in fact not new.. it was introduced in '08.. the new things in this are the new rating systems, new coaching, different challenge setup and more courses.

Not a bad show, guys. You two have good chemistry, but are probably are a bit too much on the same wavelength. You need a Cheapy or Mrs Ship as a foil. And they're the ones normally keeping the show on track. I don't remember anyone ever saying "Moving on..." in this podcast.

Ship, I can't believe you put so much time into Too Human, and have yet to dive into Soul Calibur 4 and Unreal Tourney 3... games which you kept going on and on about how big a fan of the series you are. You've now missed the "hot new release" window and will HAVE to wait for a price drop to pick them up. No one pays full price for a month old game. At least not anyone allowed on these forums.

I was also surprised at your surprise that Target wouldn't sell you Mercenaries early. From what I've been told, Target kept getting in trouble for breaking street dates and has been punished by having their own street dates often pushed back a day. That's why you'll see Wednesday release dates in their ads when other stores advertise Tuesdays. I think they implimented the register lock-out to prevent future instances and hopefully get back in the good graces of game companies. Besides, all stores get street date merchendise early. Sometimes even a couple weeks early. You'd have to be pretty angry at a store to trust FedEx to ship your game to arrive at the exact date.

I miss normal CAG Foreplay. And CAGcast. Anything. Please?

finally caught up with the show. ah, i love when Wombat and Shippy team up. but i'm not really sure about the whole fantasy football discussion.

Castle Crashers is awesome and you guys should get it now~

btw, i think Wombat is like caramel and Shippy is peppermint.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back