CAGs on XBL - Call of Duty 4 or Halo 3?

greyzieoriental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
So which FPS do you CAGs play on Xbox Live?

me?
Before: Halo 3 when it first came out, til a month after COD4 came out
Recently: COD4 but switching back and forth between the two
Now: I cant wait to play Halo 3 tomorrow when i get my 360 back :) (its gonna feel like september once again)

I looked forward to Halo as much as anyone, was first in line at the midnight launch here, and got a good, solid month out of it that was a lot of fun. That said, I completely lost interest for whatever reason and it hasn't been in my 360 since early November.

I play COD4 daily.

Got to go with COD4. It really puts Halo 3 to shame. I personally love the way you have to work yourself up to unlock weapons and perks. It really changes how you play. Do you use a perk that will give your weapon better stopping power, or do you want to give yourself extra health. Should I choose claymores or an RPG?

Halo 3 feels like you have to luck out and get those power ups.

The graphics are also way better on COD4, hands down. I feel like I just kept on hoping that Halo 3 was going to be just as good as the first one. Instead it felt like it was worse than the second.

Halo 3 for me. Why, well because I don't own CoD4 yet.

Basically Halo 3 is for the kiddies. Granted I enjoy myself most of the time in ranked slayer, but lets face it, it's meant to be kiddie crack. The pace and unrealism in everything simply appeals to mid-level button mashers.

Like I said, I love Halo 3, but it was certainly designed to appeal to a specific demographic.

My main consideration right now is whether to go into the CoD4 world (just got my 360 a month ago) or simply wait for something else to delve into. I'd hate to buy CoD4 this late only to have my ass handed to me constantly by leveled up jokers.

Better to wait for somethin like RSV2?

[quote name='Old_School']Halo 3 for me. Why, well because I don't own CoD4 yet.

Basically Halo 3 is for the kiddies. Granted I enjoy myself most of the time in ranked slayer, but lets face it, it's meant to be kiddie crack. The pace and unrealism in everything simply appeals to mid-level button mashers.

Like I said, I love Halo 3, but it was certainly designed to appeal to a specific demographic.

My main consideration right now is whether to go into the CoD4 world (just got my 360 a month ago) or simply wait for something else to delve into. I'd hate to buy CoD4 this late only to have my ass handed to me constantly by leveled up jokers.

Better to wait for somethin like RSV2?[/quote]

I think you would be fine. I got the game in early February and the first few matches do feel like I am getting my ass handed to me. After that first few though, it's between half and half now of winning and losing.

I'm loving COD4 right now. The single player campaign was amazing. I'll prolly go back to Halo 3 in the spring when the new map pack is free or some friends want to play Halo 3 on live.

[quote name='Old_School']Halo 3 for me. Why, well because I don't own CoD4 yet.

Better to wait for somethin like RSV2?[/quote]

Just get COD 4, as it takes the least amount of skill required in modern FPS games. All you need is a M16 (a weapon you start off with online) and a perk called Stopping Power (which you get after leveling up for about 1 or 2 hours) and you are almost on par with everyone else. At that point all you need is a red dot sight, and you are good to go.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I think you would be fine. I got the game in early February and the first few matches do feel like I am getting my ass handed to me. After that first few though, it's between half and half now of winning and losing.

I'm loving COD4 right now. The single player campaign was amazing. I'll prolly go back to Halo 3 in the spring when the new map pack is free or some friends want to play Halo 3 on live.[/quote]

Maybe take the plunge, there also seems to be much more interest in CoD4 game nights on the various game sites I check out. Halo 3 will always be there and always be fun (in context of course), but there's only so much jumping with a rocket launcher you can take.

I've also heard CoD4 seems to be a little older crowd, just something weird about rocking out on Halo 3 then getting a bunch of FR's from munchkins. Also. always a little self-conscious when you let the odd expletive fly and the average age on your team is 10.

Side-note, never realized how sewer-mouthed kids are (believe me, I was probably the same at that age though).

[quote name='Old_School']Maybe take the plunge, there also seems to be much more interest in CoD4 game nights on the various game sites I check out. Halo 3 will always be there and always be fun (in context of course), but there's only so much jumping with a rocket launcher you can take.

I've also heard CoD4 seems to be a little older crowd, just something weird about rocking out on Halo 3 then getting a bunch of FR's from munchkins. Also. always a little self-conscious when you let the odd expletive fly and the average age on your team is 10.

Side-note, never realized how sewer-mouthed kids are (believe me, I was probably the same at that age though).[/quote]

I've ran into my fair share of players not old enough for M-rated titles on COD4.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I've ran into my fair share of players not old enough for M-rated titles on COD4.[/quote]

I have run into more young kids in COD 4 than in Halo, which I attribute to the fact that a lot of kids got COD 4 for christmas and are playing it. Or they are just a lot more vocal on COD 4.

Got tired of CoD4 and went back to Halo 3. Why? There is nothing wrong with CoD4 it's a great game but I get tired of the run and gun and prefer the tactics of Halo 3. Not to say Halo 3 doesn't have It's problem and it certainly does.

After playing the Valentines Day playlist of Halo 3 theres still hope they boost the game speed up to that, it seems a lot more steady.

After playing COD4 for a while, I tried to go back to Halo 3.

CoD4 just makes Halo 3 feel choppy and slow in comparison... although my Xbox sounds like it is going to lift off with the noise it makes playing CoD4....

Halo 3 only because I didn't get CoD4 yet. Its fun to join random Halo 3 games of people you don't know and hear the most annoying people talking about the most random things. I played CoD4 beta and it was amazing. I will hopefully get CoD4 soon.

CoD4
I would have picked go back and forth, but I'm tired of all the 7 year olds doing every cheap trick in the book on Halo 3.
Sure there are a lot of 7 year olds on CoD4, but there arent really any cheap ways to get kills on CoD4.
So for now I'm a CoD4 only guy, with some Gears with buddies thrown in.

I played Halo 3 before Call of Duty, then like everyone else I started playing Call of Duty daily as my Halo 3 case started to get dusty. Now after first prestige I've gotten tired of Call of Duty so I'm playing them both, little bit more Halo 3.

I've had both since their respective launches. I haven't even finished the Halo 3 campaign. I only got Halo because my friends and I used to have fun playing Halo 2 splitscreen, but now they only want to play COD4 anyway.

The only time I play Halo 3 online is when a friend asks me to, whereas I'm playing COD4 online pretty much every time I turn my xbox on.

After playing the crap out of COD4 since I bought it, I decided to switch to more Halo 3. Halo 3 seems to be fresher than I remembered. I especially like the Ranked Big Team gametypes.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']After playing the crap out of COD4 since I bought it, I decided to switch to more Halo 3. Halo 3 seems to be fresher than I remembered. I especially like the Ranked Big Team gametypes.[/quote]

I agree. COD 4 has rekindled my love for Halo 3. A little time off really helped me get back into halo.

Halo 3 for me since I lost interest in Call of Duty since CoD2. Just something about the series now peeves me to where I can't seem to enjoy it anymore. Maybe in the future releases. Granted I've always been a fan of more arcadey types of shooters to begin with as opposed to realistic (mostly with the exception of Battlefield).

[quote name='Draekon']Halo 3 for me since I lost interest in Call of Duty since CoD2. Just something about the series now peeves me to where I can't seem to enjoy it anymore. Maybe in the future releases. Granted I've always been a fan of more arcadey types of shooters to begin with as opposed to realistic (mostly with the exception of Battlefield).[/quote]

COD 4 is FAR from realistic.

[quote name='help1']I agree. COD 4 has rekindled my love for Halo 3. A little time off really helped me get back into halo.[/quote]

The only thing I miss in Halo 3 after playing COD4 is a way to dash. The vehicles remedy that to a degree though.

I miss not being able to lie down too.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The only thing I miss in Halo 3 after playing COD4 is a way to dash. The vehicles remedy that to a degree though.

I miss not being able to lie down too.[/quote]

Yea, sprinting would have been cool. Sprinting was actually in the early beta tests of Halo 2, but Bungie felt as though it was misplaced in the Halo universe and took it out.

Lying down would ruin the game though, sniping and BRing from a distance would be too easy.

[quote name='help1']COD 4 is FAR from realistic.[/quote]

So is battlefield but it's far from being the arcadey type games of Unreal Tournament, Quake, and Halo. That's not the reason why I don't play it, but the way I use the word generally encompasses shooters where it takes a few hits to die as opposed to the three I mentioned above.

I probably shouldof made myself more clear and I'm probably still not making myself completely clear but meh.

[quote name='help1']COD 4 is FAR from realistic.[/quote]

Yeah, there really isn't anything such as a realistic FPS. If there was it would be nothing but 1 or 2 shot kills, no respawning, visible wounds, etc. It wouldn't be much fun IMO. There are elements of realism due to real life weapons, bullet penetration through walls (which is really slick BTW), very detailed (and in some cases real) environments but it's just elements.

Halo 3's theater mode is something I hope all future 360 FPS' shamelessly copy. It really is an incredible feature.

Finally a thread where those interested in debating COD v. Halo can have a home!!

My vote goes to COD4 though I've been meanign to give Halo 3 another run through.

COD4, then COD3 when rage and others decide to pick it up so we can start multiplayer achievement whoring.

[quote name='twen']COD4, then COD3 when rage and others decide to pick it up so we can start multiplayer achievement whoring.[/quote]
Give it two weeks, than I'll get it with the fugly platinum case.

... Go find the GOLD EDITION at TRU.

Edit: Holy crap I replied so fast that it went before yours.

bread's done
Back