CAG's Only Indie OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sorry Wubb...was playing with my nephew since he was over...we were going after a meta achievement...and failed. He died too many times.[/QUOTE]

No sweat. I think the Tuesday Halo thing may be just about fizzled out. :shrug:

I've switched to mostly inviting just whoever happens to already be on Halo and this week that was nobody. :lol:

I haven't paid attention to TV much this year. Are there any new "must watch" shows?

My birthday is coming up. My stepdad wants to take me to a concert, anyone know of some good bands coming to Oklahoma City/Tulsa/Dallas? I was gonna go to NIN, but I'm hoping I hear about a ska show or something.

[quote name='lordwow']"My nephew is a disappointment to our whole family" - LP[/quote]

Not really...he's 8 years old...and is pretty damn good for his age.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hey budge since you are home schooled (image of budge wiping his nose then shaking that ladies hand :rofl:) what do you do for prom for you last year?

The only other home schooled person I knew got a pass to go to our high school prom, in fact...he was at all our dances and a good chunk of after school activities.[/quote]

Um... not go to prom?

[quote name='Mojimbo']What is it with young people and ska? :whistle2:xWhat for?[/QUOTE]

I like ska. :whistle2:(

I enjoy good ska though, not shitty punk/ska bands like Less Than Jake.

[quote name='Mojimbo']What is it with young people and ska? :whistle2:xWhat for?[/quote]

Ska is awesome when it's good. See Streetlight Manifesto. It's also assy when it's assy. See Less Than Jake.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Ska is awesome when it's good. See Streetlight Manifesto. It's also assy when it's assy. See Less Than Jake.[/QUOTE]:whistle2:x

[quote name='DarthPuma']Ska is awesome when it's good. See Streetlight Manifesto. It's also assy when it's assy. See Less Than Jake.[/QUOTE]

I don't like Streetlight Manifesto. Unlike most people who dislike them though, I can see how some people would legitimately like them and don't automatically write the person off.

I picked a bad time to buy a ps3 while being poor. All these good games coming out that I'm going to want immediately. I guess I will have to take my time on MGS4 and fill my time with SOCOM until I get some other shits.

[quote name='youandyouonly'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='youandyouonly'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='youandyouonly']Hey zewone,

I have a kid who visits this forum religiously, and the one thing he absolutely loves is batman.

Seeing that you have one of the highest posts here in CAG, I would like to propose that I send you $10 via PayPal every month just to have batman image signature on your account.

Let me know if you're interested. I will provide you with the image.

Cheers[/quote]
Yes, I am very interested. Please let me see this batman image.[/quote]

Hey,

Simply copy/paste this to your signature (please use the exact url), and we'll let it run for about 15 days and I'll pay you $5 by then. Hope my kid sees this. :)

batman.jpg

Cheers![/quote]The image isn't working for me.[/quote]
Apologies, my server seems to be down at the moment. I'll let you know once it's up.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Eviltude']I don't like Streetlight Manifesto. Unlike most people who dislike them though, I can see how some people would legitimately like them and don't automatically write the person off.[/quote]

What ska bands do you like? I'm still (relatively) new to the genre, only been listening for a year. Streetlight popped my ska cherry, so they're automatically my favorite.

Night OTT. I gotta wake up at 6AM tomorrow. :/

The good news is that I am gonna paid $320-$340 tomorrow. So that is always good news. :]

I like some Reel Big Fish. They made rock and roll novel in a cool way. I don't like much of their earlier stuff because it's too raw which makes it sound like any other shitty local ska band. Their newest CD is just too poppy, although they are supposed to be making a cover CD which they are very good at. The Mad Caddies are awesome all around but my current favorite is The Slackers.

I've got a ton of RBF. Haven't listened to near enough of it, but I like what I have. I have quite a bit of TMC too, but it's the same story as RBF. I'll have to check the slackers out.

My favorites are Big D and Streetlight. I'm also a big fan of Hang-Ups goldfinger, but most of the rest of their stuff is meh.

There's a local (ish, they never fucking come down to my town) ska band that covers RBF's cover of Take on Me. It's not bad.

[quote name='Brak']Reel Big Fish is legit awful.[/QUOTE]

Why Do They Rock So Hard?, Everything Sucks and Cheer Up were decent. The songs are hit and miss, but it's enough to be worth mentioning. The others are pretty lame.

[quote name='Eviltude']I like ska. :whistle2:(

I enjoy good ska though, not shitty punk/ska bands like Less Than Jake.[/quote]

i take offense to that. i've been a ltj fan since before hello rockview. infact, i have officially licensed ltj hello rockview promo schwag that was distro'd to record stores circa 1996.

Does anybody here want a PC beta code for the COD5 beta? I got one from the COD site and don't care about playing the beta on the PC, so if somebody else wants to try it out, it's yours.

[quote name='darthbudge']Night OTT. I gotta wake up at 6AM tomorrow. :/

The good news is that I am gonna paid $320-$340 tomorrow. So that is always good news. :][/quote]

i've gotta be out the door at 5:35am and it's 10:27 here.

[quote name='Chika']i've gotta be out the door at 5:35am and it's 10:27 here.[/quote]
I have you all beat. I need to be up at 3!
not really. But I do have my alarm set for, coincidentally, 5:35.

[quote name='DarthPuma']What ska bands do you like? I'm still (relatively) new to the genre, only been listening for a year. Streetlight popped my ska cherry, so they're automatically my favorite.[/quote]

too many to list here. mustard plug, toasters, perfect thyroid

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back