CAGs Raise $46,659 for Child's Play - Raffle Winners Posted

Donated $5. If someone like me, a poor, college student who has no more money for anything can chip in $5, so can everyone else. Come on CAGs in the last half an hr!

[quote name='Strell']Uh...uh....

I'LL DRINK THIS GALLON OF MILK IF YOU DO[/QUOTE]

i remember drinking milk for money in middle school... the best i did was 14 of those little cartons for 20 mins... i was sick for the rest of the day.. never puked but never do it again LOL

can we right off the 5 bucks on our taxes :) i love making my tax man work for his pay

:( i think this is the first year this site didnt reach the goal

hope i win a pony...

seems their will be around 9154 tickets issued for the drawing / 60 gifts =

about a 1 in a 153 odds you get a waffle :)

[quote name='TaiwanRyan']Come on Cheapy, one more hour.[/QUOTE]

even if he wanted to i dont think he can since he does not run the sit with the countdownie thing
i think last year it was like 3 to 5 days before we saw a winners list

WOO NEW WORD FOR 2011

COUNTDOWNIE

[quote name='escoe']yea you guys only had a month to donate, an extra few hours would have made the difference[/QUOTE]

It actually would have made a difference. I needed to wait until after I got home from work tonight (for personal financial reasons) but it has ended early. Pretty weak that a specific time wasn't noted on the front page, just New Year's Eve. It's still New Year's Eve (and that's just EST) so it shouldn't have ended early. Oh well, no skin off my nose, I'm not the one to cause less money to be available for the kids.

[quote name='neocisco']It actually would have made a difference. I needed to wait until after I got home from work tonight (for personal financial reasons) but it has ended early. Pretty weak that a specific time wasn't noted on the front page, just New Year's Eve. It's still New Year's Eve (and that's just EST) so it shouldn't have ended early. Oh well, no skin off my nose, I'm not the one to cause less money to be available for the kids.[/QUOTE]

yes you are

Mmm. There was a countdown on the front page - Xhours left, and in the final hour, Xminutes left.

Yeah it could have used an overriding one for the entire time, so it's kind of a 50/50 thing here. I remember the same thing being an issue last year too though.

I've been at work with very limited time/availability to go online and check for a countdown clock so, unfortunately, that would have been of no help to me.

[quote name='escoe']yes you are[/QUOTE]

I'd explain to how I'm not but you're clearly far too dense to comprehend it.

[quote name='bmulligan']Yeah, 45k is nothing to sneeze at even though it wasn't the "goal".[/QUOTE]

Agreed. IMHO, to aim for an increase of 42% of the previous years total (and not just the previous year's goal) was aiming a little too high, when it doesn't seem that the economy (at least in the US) has gotten any better.

[quote name='Stoneage']How does the system know we donated? I just threw a tenner in, but how does it know it's me?[/QUOTE]

Your Paypal email address.

[quote name='tahgir']Donated 10 twice via the chip in button. So does the entry go off of my paypal address then? o_O[/QUOTE]

Yup, if your Paypal email is identical to your CAG name, you'll be identified as your CAG name. If it's different, you'll be identified as your Paypal email address (partially obscured).

[quote name='Darkprime']Did CAG only get around 9k this year? That doesn't seem right.[/QUOTE]

Try clearing your cache or use a different browser. Especially in Firefox, the counter can get stuck. It looks like we've ended at $45,769.23

[quote name='PenguinoMF']What have past year totals been? I know last year was 42k.[/QUOTE]

2007 - $27,345 (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162910)
2008 - $32,667 (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205898)
2009 - $42,810 (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243093)
2010 - $45,769 (This year, so no link needed)

Grand total - $148,591

[quote name='Crono51']Agreed. IMHO, to aim for an increase of 42% of the previous years total (and not just the previous year's goal) was aiming a little too high, when it doesn't seem that the economy (at least in the US) has gotten any better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...to me, 60g just didn't seem realistic from the get-go. Everyone who donated can be proud. Beating last year's total was impressive.

I never noticed the $60K goal until it was being discussed here. An expected 40% increase (roughly) over last year when the economy has only inched forward at best (and that's being optimistic) in the last 12 months? Poor planning indeed.

[quote name='Strell']The goal next year should be 75,000, because that's higher than 60,000, which means we will have won already.[/QUOTE]

May I be all up in your logic with you? :)

[quote name='tyhana']2007 - $27,345 (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162910)
2008 - $32,667 (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205898)
2009 - $42,810 (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243093)
2010 - $45,769 (This year, so no link needed)

Grand total - $148,591[/QUOTE]

Correct me if my math is wrong (percentages are rounded), but...

2008 total = 19.5% of 2007's total
2009 total = 31% of 2008's total
2010 total = 7% of 2009's total

This further cements my belief that the bar was set too high, perhaps to the point to where it turned people off from donating.

[quote name='Crono51']Correct me if my math is wrong (percentages are rounded), but...

2008 total = 19.5% of 2007's total
2009 total = 31% of 2008's total
2010 total = 7% of 2009's total

This further cements my belief that the bar was set too high, perhaps to the point to where it turned people off from donating.[/QUOTE]

It should have been at $45k or $50, IMO, but who cares? $45k is nothing to sneeze that.

Also, when you're trying to describe an increase you say that there was an increase of 19.5% from 2007 to 2008. The way you described it had me confused for a while.

2007>2008 - 19.5% increase
2008>2009 - 31% increase
2009>2010 - 7% increase

^That is far easier to understand.

[quote name='DarkRider23']2007>2008 - 19.5% increase
2008>2009 - 31% increase
2009>2010 - 7% increase

^That is far easier to understand.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Thanks.

[quote name='neocisco']I'd explain to how I'm not but you're clearly far too dense to comprehend it.[/QUOTE]

The other guys are right though man: You can still donate.

If the only reason you were donating was to get in on the prize pack, then you were doing it for the wrong reasons anyway.

I'm glad we got to $45k; I was really having doubts we would even get that close. Good job to everyone who donated!

I'm sure Cheapy didn't expect it to hit 60k, but if had said $45k there would've been a lot of people that saw it coming close to or surpassing it and wouldn't have bothered to donate. Nothing wrong with setting the bar extra high.

[quote name='Cloggerdude']The other guys are right though man: You can still donate.

If the only reason you were donating was to get in on the prize pack, then you were doing it for the wrong reasons anyway.

I'm glad we got to $45k; I was really having doubts we would even get that close. Good job to everyone who donated![/QUOTE]

I never said I didn't donate at all although I'll certainly admit I was frustrated I couldn't get into the drawing. It's just annoying when we're given incorrect information.

Yes! Passed last year's mark and beyond 45K; awesome!

I think next year's goal should be 50K and I'm quite sure that, as long as the economy keeps recovering, at least little by little, we can do 50K no problem. Looking forward to it next year!

I'm very pleased we surpassed last year's total and not at all disappointed we didn't hit $60k. I set the goal high this year because...really, there is no downside if we don't hit it. Thanks to everyone who contributed money, prizes and/or help spread the word. It's always awesome when a community based on being frugal can band together a raise a ridiculous amount of money.

It's an extended holiday right now in Japan, so I probably won't have be able to announce the winners until late next week.

[quote name='escoe']yea you guys only had a month to donate, an extra few hours would have made the difference[/QUOTE] Actually it was a month and a half ;)

[quote name='neocisco']It actually would have made a difference. I needed to wait until after I got home from work tonight (for personal financial reasons) but it has ended early. Pretty weak that a specific time wasn't noted on the front page, just New Year's Eve. It's still New Year's Eve (and that's just EST) so it shouldn't have ended early. Oh well, no skin off my nose, I'm not the one to cause less money to be available for the kids.[/QUOTE]

Since you are so adament about donating and apparently the prizes don't matter to you, the donating is not over. Head on over to http://www.childsplaycharity.org/ where you can donate any time. This way there is no one causing "less money" to get to the kids. :D

Sweet Total, CAGs! :applause:
Yeah, didn't hit the "goal", but that is unimportant. Giving to the Children is all.
[quote name='CheapyD']It's an extended holiday right now in Japan, so I probably won't have be able to announce the winners until late next week.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, Cheapy. Maybe putting that in the title will keep *some* of the "When will the winners list..." and "this sucks, we should know already" posts that always appear. :roll: (if you don't, I will post "why haven't ..." ;))

[quote name='Jabrim']Since you are so adament about donating and apparently the prizes don't matter to you, the donating is not over. Head on over to http://www.childsplaycharity.org/ where you can donate any time. This way there is no one causing "less money" to get to the kids. :D[/QUOTE]

If you would have read the rest of my posts then your post would have been unnecessary. Regardless, reposting that link never hurts.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm very pleased we surpassed last year's total and not at all disappointed we didn't hit $60k. I set the goal high this year because...really, there is no downside if we don't hit it. Thanks to everyone who contributed money, prizes and/or help spread the word. It's always awesome when a community based on being frugal can band together a raise a ridiculous amount of money.

It's an extended holiday right now in Japan, so I probably won't have be able to announce the winners until late next week.

Actually it was a month and a half ;)[/QUOTE]

I am new and hope that my contribution will help the kids that don't have any toys at all. God bless us all .:D

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm very pleased we surpassed last year's total and not at all disappointed we didn't hit $60k. I set the goal high this year because...really, there is no downside if we don't hit it. Thanks to everyone who contributed money, prizes and/or help spread the word. It's always awesome when a community based on being frugal can band together a raise a ridiculous amount of money.

Actually it was a month and a half ;)[/QUOTE]

:) read that fast and though it said there was an extended hoilday that lasted a month and a half.... was going to say EVERYONE ON THE PLANE were all moving to japan

when you say late next week does that mean around the 6th or 13th

i hope the pony im going to win has enough feed to last them until they draw my time for him... im going to name it sugercube LOL

bread's done
Back