CAGs Raise $46,659 for Child's Play - Raffle Winners Posted

It was a very nice total. The economy still stinks and yet we were able to surpass last year. That's something to be proud of.

The official total is $46,619 as there was an additional $700 from our UK side Twitter promotion that I forgot to include through Chipin. :oops:

[quote name='GOTA']It was a very nice total. The economy still stinks and yet we were able to surpass last year. That's something to be proud of.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. As Cheapy said, there was no reason not to set it high. We didn't hit it, but we surpassed last year's total, which is a great accomplishment in such a shitty economy. I don't see why anyone would have snide remarks to make about not hitting the 60K mark.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Indeed. As Cheapy said, there was no reason not to set it high. We didn't hit it, but we surpassed last year's total, which is a great accomplishment in such a shitty economy. I don't see why anyone would have snide remarks to make about not hitting the 60K mark.[/QUOTE]

It's just that I, along with a few others, think something lower, like $50k, might have gotten more people to donate to make the goal, because it seemed like an easier goal. Then we might have hit it and gotten a few thousand more. This is just a POV, and whether it would have made a difference in the end is obviously unknown.

ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS....

of my WiiWare/Virtual Console prize drawing!

shadoz19 and randomdud! Congrats!

Check your PM boxes (shortly) for more details!

$46K, good job CAG! 2.3 MILLION overall for Child's Play!!

PLEASE let Slidecage win the pony he just posted about! The problems about it he posts will be so worth the price of shipping! :D

How do you find out if you won any prizes from the raffle...I am new to CAG but found you guys through VGEVO and you guys helped me also save money on my gaming addiction. TY all.

[quote name='MikePSN09']How do you find out if you won any prizes from the raffle...I am new to CAG but found you guys through VGEVO and you guys helped me also save money on my gaming addiction. TY all.[/QUOTE]

It's if anything like past years, the OP will be updated in a few more days with the winners (if you listen to the CAGcast Cheapy will mention it for sure). Usually the prize donater will try to contact you via CAG or your Paypal email if you don't contact them right away.

If you're on the edge of your seat waiting, you might want to consider having an email update sent to you. This page: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription will have all the threads you've posted in. You can find this one and set is to notify you by email (instantly, daily or weekly) when there is a new post.

To the winners of my prizes, I need to do some PM cleanup, and I'll be contacting you shortly about getting the prizes ordered for you.

Congrats to all the winners.

[quote name='shrike4242']To the winners of my prizes, I need to do some PM cleanup, and I'll be contacting you shortly about getting the prizes ordered for you.

Congrats to all the winners.[/QUOTE]

Especially congrats to you!! You won 3 times. Thanks for all the prize donations you gave.

Cheapy - there's a major type-o in the winner's list. Under the "Win Everything" bundle, you misspelled "UncleBob" as "lunker". It's okay, I forgive you - just wanted to let you know so you could correct it. :D

Seriously, though, congrats to all the winners!

At first I read it as "a lurker won the 'win everything' bundle". Not another one post newb! :bomb:

Congrats lunker and all that participated!

[quote name='Walt Jay']At first I read it as "a lurker won the 'win everything' bundle". Not another one post newb! :bomb:

Congrats lunker and all that participated![/QUOTE]

:D :D

I figured someone would say that. :lol: Don't worry, I've been keeping it real since 2005! And in true CAG fashion, after Cheapy e-mailed me and I got over the initial shock, the first thing I found myself thinking was "Oh crap, I just missed the last GameStop B2G1, I have a bunch of credit from flipping I could have used." Old habits die hard.

Thank you thank you thank you CheapyD, the rest of the awesome CAG staff, the donors, and all of the forumers like me that keep me coming back here. I was glad to pitch in a few bucks to Child's Play like I've done for the past few years, and this is honestly the first big raffle/contest I've ever won in my life. And I was planning on working on my backlog this year, too. :p

[quote name='ufskenney']Especially congrats to you!! You won 3 times. Thanks for all the prize donations you gave.[/QUOTE]Happy to help with the donations, both money and prizes.

[quote name='lunker']:D :D

I figured someone would say that. :lol: Don't worry, I've been keeping it real since 2005! And in true CAG fashion, after Cheapy e-mailed me and I got over the initial shock, the first thing I found myself thinking was "Oh crap, I just missed the last GameStop B2G1, I have a bunch of credit from flipping I could have used." Old habits die hard.

Thank you thank you thank you CheapyD, the rest of the awesome CAG staff, the donors, and all of the forumers like me that keep me coming back here. I was glad to pitch in a few bucks to Child's Play like I've done for the past few years, and this is honestly the first big raffle/contest I've ever won in my life. And I was planning on working on my backlog this year, too. :p[/QUOTE]You have a few more systems to work on making a backlog for. :D

Nice job on winning the Golden Ticket prize. :applause: Don't forget that a lovely gift like that gets taxed, so make sure you keep that in mind for taxes in 2012. ;)

Nothing for poor Lobster.

So, uh... anyone know where Lunker lives? I'd like to go congratulate him. Yes... That is what I will do.

One of the winners of my prizes has PM'd me, so I'll get his order put in with Amazon shortly. The other four winners have been PM'd by me, so when I get their replies, I'll get their orders put in with Amazon.

[quote name='Davestation']I thought Cheapy was giving away two grand prizes to help get more donations?[/QUOTE]

I gave away one for our Black Friday contest.

[quote name='gunm']You can still donate to Child's Play, just not for this raffle.[/QUOTE]

do you just go to childsplay.com? or what webpage .... too bad there wasnt a way to put a sticky on it and keep it somewhere on the main page so when you have a little money left over people can toss it to them.

Trying to contact the winner of my prize (CHICKENLIVES216), but can't locate him to send a pm. I just searched through 37 pages of posts in this topic, hoping that he posted so I could click on his name. No luck. Anyone know of a way to search for members that aren't online?

Wow, I totally missed the email in my junkbox. I am thinking about putting the stuff I won up for auction and donating that to Childs play. Should I put it up as a lot or individually? It is the Nforce pack. It is a COOL lot but I dont have a ds and I didn't really donate to win anything...or at least expect to win anything. Thank you to everyone. Please if anyone has any thoughts on the best way to use this lot for good pm me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't recognize the big winners name and with a name like "lunker" I thought fuckin noob.... Haha least it's a vet that won, congrats. :D

bread's done
Back