CAGs Raise $46,659 for Child's Play - Raffle Winners Posted

My contribution is in. I am typically very stingy about giving to charities, because there are so many illegitimate ripoff posers out there. But CAG has saved me sooooo much money every year, this is a no brainer so I always give some $ up for Child's Play. Gotta give back to those who actually deserve it.

Awesome seeing everybody contribute, love seeing CAGs chip-in, lets keep the ball rolling till the end, going for the high score guys:applause:

I was just about to donate some money but then I see that there's only 60 hospitals in the network. So 60 hospitals split the hundreds of thousands of dollar of games each year?

Seems really unfair.

Childs Play loves me. I gave alot during the Mario Marathon back in June and I'm going to help here as well, with cash and prizes. Great cause!

[quote name='Microshock']I was just about to donate some money but then I see that there's only 60 hospitals in the network. So 60 hospitals split the hundreds of thousands of dollar of games each year?

Seems really unfair.[/QUOTE]

Usually these hospitals have the only children's care centers around. For example, in my state (Iowa) the University of Iowa Children's Hospital is where pretty much ALL of the really sick kids go. There are tons of fundraisers that are done here but the needs still outweigh the funds.

Added Clubhouse Games (DS) to my list. Hopefully Cheapy will update it soon. Got my eye on a few more if Target cuts some clearance prices on Monday.

Times are tough for me this year, but I just chipped in $5 and hope to donate more later. This helps kids like my nephew who has sickle cell anemia and I'm grateful for Child's Play. Kids end up in the hospital for various reasons and I love that this makes it easier for them to be away from home.

Added $10 to the pot. Great cause.

Would be nice if stuff like this got as much press as things like "game causes kid to kill" or other overly sensationalized type crap.

Keep it up!

Chipped in $10 :)

But noob question - I use a different e-mail for my PayPal and for CAG - will this affect my raffle entries ):?

Just added Brutal Legend to my list. Should be up to 15 games now. If I can keep finding decent sub-$10 new games, I am going to keep adding them. Hopefully the piles of clearance games at Target will survive Black Friday for another price drop on Monday. I need to find some PS3 games.

Getting good deals on a few games I've waited for so I'm gonna take some of that savings and chip in again.

I still don't understand why this isn't like stickied to the top of the main page, in place of the google ad for a month, in place of the 'top 10 video game deals' widget thing or even in the banner like this:
25gqm8h.jpg

N4G had a link talking about this child play charity here and it referenced something about Cheapy keeping some of the money donated to Child's Play through this site, like a commission. I think it was yesterday I read it there. I don't think that's right so I am not going to donate. I don't think it's right for anyone from this site to keep money that is supposed to be for charity.

Like I said when I get paid. Just donated $10. We'll see how much I have by next pay period and will def add to that.

bread's done
Back