CAGs Raise $46,659 for Child's Play - Raffle Winners Posted

donated 10

for statistics on a chance of winning any raffle prize:
$32,620 / 5 = 6520 or less entries
71 prizes /6520 = 1.09% chance per entry

1.09% or 1 in 92 chance for each $5 donated.

Chipped in $10. I did $5 while not logged in to CAG (do I still get a ticket for that?...) And another $5 later after I was logged in. Happy Holidays!

WIN A FREE WII DOWNLOAD

Okay - for the next 24 hours, if you donate $10 or more, quote this post and reply to this thread. I'm going to randomly pick two people who donate and gift each of them a WiiWare or Virtual Console download of your choice (US only, due to Nintendo's gifting restrictions!). If your name is picked, you'll have to provide me with your PayPal address (via PM, of course) so that Cheapy can verify that you have donated in the appropriate time frame. I know a Wii download doesn't cost much, but this is in addition to your normal raffle entry (does not disqualify you from winning any other prizes!) and the money goes to a great cause! 24 hours starts.... NOW!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Katsu']Chipped in $10. I did $5 while not logged in to CAG (do I still get a ticket for that?...) And another $5 later after I was logged in. Happy Holidays![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it counts. If your email on CAG is the same as your Paypal email, that'll make things a bit easier. If not, then you'll just be referred to as your Paypal email instead of your CAG name.

[quote name='UncleBob']
WIN A FREE WII DOWNLOAD

Okay - for the next 24 hours, if you donate $10 or more, quote this post and reply to this thread. I'm going to randomly pick two people who donate and gift each of them a WiiWare or Virtual Console download of your choice (US only, due to Nintendo's gifting restrictions!).[/QUOTE]

Nice idea . . . count me in! I just put in $25 . . . I can't begin to calculate how much $ CAG has saved me.

[quote name='UncleBob']
WIN A FREE WII DOWNLOAD

Okay - for the next 24 hours, if you donate $10 or more, quote this post and reply to this thread. I'm going to randomly pick two people who donate and gift each of them a WiiWare or Virtual Console download of your choice (US only, due to Nintendo's gifting restrictions!). If your name is picked, you'll have to provide me with your PayPal address (via PM, of course) so that Cheapy can verify that you have donated in the appropriate time frame. I know a Wii download doesn't cost much, but this is in addition to your normal raffle entry (does not disqualify you from winning any other prizes!) and the money goes to a great cause! 24 hours starts.... NOW![/QUOTE]

I donated $50 now. Wish I could have done more but at least I were able to give some money

Well I chipped in $20. I spent way too much on Black Friday and to be honest I didn't know of this great charity; next year I'll spend less on BF and donate a lot more.

I'll be very happy if we at least pass last year's mark!

Is there a screen shot people could post or some way to verify someone donated? I wanted to do a short contest (a few hours maybe?) where anyone that donates $5 or more within the time span then posts a screen shot of their donation is entered to win a copy of The Goonies Blu Ray 25th Anniversary.

First I need to know if thats ok to even do, and also if there's a verification screen they could post, and also if there's a way to prove the time they donated (maybe an SS that includes the time on their computer if the time isnt displayed on a verification screen?). I'd just donate myself and see, but I'm a cheap broke ass and would rather do this contest if possible.

Edit: Ok I donated 5 bucks to see and I could just have people post the paypal transaction info without the transaction ID and shipping address?

Just a side note: if you want to enter into my extra WiiWare drawing above, be sure to quote my post - I'm going to pick out the names of those who wanted to be entered by scrolling through the thread, looking for my quoted post. :D

Ok I started a contest if you donate $4 or more from now until 1AM CST on December 31st and post a screen shot of the paypal transaction in this thread you're entered to win a copy of The Goonies 25th Anniversary Collection on Blu Ray.

[quote name='UncleBob']
WIN A FREE WII DOWNLOAD

Okay - for the next 24 hours, if you donate $10 or more, quote this post and reply to this thread. I'm going to randomly pick two people who donate and gift each of them a WiiWare or Virtual Console download of your choice (US only, due to Nintendo's gifting restrictions!). If your name is picked, you'll have to provide me with your PayPal address (via PM, of course) so that Cheapy can verify that you have donated in the appropriate time frame. I know a Wii download doesn't cost much, but this is in addition to your normal raffle entry (does not disqualify you from winning any other prizes!) and the money goes to a great cause! 24 hours starts.... NOW![/QUOTE]

I already donated $15 beforehand, but I'll chip in another $10 for this. I like my odds at the moment; hopefully enough other people donate so that I don't like them as much, lol.

[quote name='UncleBob']
WIN A FREE WII DOWNLOAD

I chipped in another $10.

[quote name='UncleBob']
WIN A FREE WII DOWNLOAD

Kicked in $10 just now, feels good to do my part! I've been blessed with savings from the deals on CAG, just want to pass some of it on!

Ok first contest ended for The Goonies 25th Anniversary Collection on Blu Ray but I have another to give away.

So again if you donate $4 or more from now until 1AM CST on Dec 31st and post a screen shot of your donation in this thread you'll be entered to win a copy.

[quote name='UncleBob']
WIN A FREE WII DOWNLOAD

I donated 10$. :) It's a great cause and I hope we get closer to 60,000. :D

[quote name='UncleBob']
WIN A FREE WII DOWNLOAD

Throwing in another $15

[quote name='UncleBob']
WIN A FREE WII DOWNLOAD

Donated a good amount earlier in the month, but I could easily see more was needed. Thought I'd add another 20 to the pot.

Donated $25, had to make up for last year that I missed it.

[quote name='skyknight']RacketBoy's charity has ended, and I can chip in for this.

$25, which is about 4~5 fast food meals, but I can cook for myself - hope this can inspire people to think outside.[/QUOTE]

If people were like you and me who take time and make meals instead of going and buying fast food people would not starve.

Hmm, trying to donate but the payment page has been loading for 10 minutes now after I submited my Paypal password.

EDIT: OK finally got it to work. Happy Holidays!

I've made a point of donating to Child's Play every year since they started it. I donated $10 through the CAG raffle earlier, but the PA guys really came through for me this year so I made another, $45 donation tonight.

Back in October I pre-ordered their Season One DVD as a Christmas gift for my girlfriend; the entire office signed all the preorders. I had it shipped to my family's home because it was going to be arriving while I was visiting her (our gradschools are about 1000 miles apart). I had my family send the DVD out to me, along with about 15 of my favorite dvds and some clothing I'd left the last time I visited them. Unfortunately, UPS really screwed us and left the package on my porch while I was out of town-after expressly assuring us they wouldn't do so.

I got home from my trip to find a huge, empty box sitting on my porch. Someone had stolen everything...my clothes, my DVDs, a bunch of cookies and so forth my mother had sent along, and of course the PATV DVDs. UPS still hasn't resolved their part in it, and this happened almost a month ago.

Brian, the PA store guy, had another signed copy of the DVD in the mail the same night I got home. I offered to pay for another copy, but he did it gratis (even hit me with an unsigned copy while he was at it!) so I wanted to donate the cost of the purchase I didn't have to make, for the thing I never thought I'd have the chance of getting again. My lady got the DVD and was incredibly excited, and Christmas was saved!

Happy New Year's, folks.

bread's done
Back