Call of Duty Black Ops Supermarket Prices - All Supermarkets Confirmed!

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
Welcome to our Call of Duty Black Ops price watch thread! If you're new here, you might want to check out our latest competition. We're giving away all current gen games consoles, an iPad and a 1 year subscription to LOVEFiLM!

Supermarket and In-Store Prices
[IMG-R=6910]19205[/IMG-R]Tesco
£25 on 360/PS3 with bought with either a 2100 points card, 3 months Live membership, or a £20 PSN card. (Both in-store and online)

Sainsbury's
£27.97 with a minimum £30 spend. Otherwise, £37.97.

Morrisons
£29.99 when bought with another chart game, £39.99 otherwise.

GAME
£24.99 when bought with any other chart 360/PS3 game or selected trade (source)

Gamestation
£24.99 when bought with selected titles.

[IMG-R=101]19170[/IMG-R]ASDA
£36.97 when bought alone, or £4.97 when you trade in Fable 3, Fallout New Vegas, or Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2. CONFIRMED, image source user "c4c" on hotukdeals.

Best Online Deals
Amazon have the best online deal at the moment, if you're looking for the game alone.
:360: £36.97 from Amazon
:ps3: £36.97 from Amazon

Or if you're happy to buy some Microsoft points along with it, Tesco's £25 detail is also available online:
:360: :ps3: £25 when bought with 2100 Microsoft points/3 months LIVE membership/£20 PSN card

Trade-in Deals
- GAME are doing Black Ops for half price when you trade in Halo Reach. (Unconfirmed)
- HMV are doing Black Ops on 360 for £7.99 when you trade in Medal of Honor (360).
- Tesco are offering £24 for trading in Halo Reach.

[IMG-R=6910]19192[/IMG-R]Expired or Cancelled Deals
Call of Duty Black Ops for £20 from www.woolworths.co.uk (thread here) - It appears that customers who are calling to check on the deal are getting their orders cancelled, whereas lots of others still show up as valid. We're waiting to see if they'll deliver. Either way, the codes have been deactivated and no longer work for new orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pascual']Great news on the Tesco deal. I wonder if its in store too?[/QUOTE]

It is afaik

152lvfl.jpg

Needed some points anyway so cancelled the amazon deal and went for Tesco online.

For the dude that asked I had Reach from Tesco the day BEFORE release when I pre-ordered. This isn't really a pre-order anymore though and who knows how much stock they have. The product page says

"Despatched: Within 4 to 5 Working Days"

At this point if getting it on day of release is important to you then I'd turn up early and queue tomorrow night. My order from 20 minutes ago isn't showing an estimated dispatch yet for the game (the points say "next working day from 08 Nov 2010").

I ordered from Tesco.com last Wednesday and had an e-mail at lunch time (Saturday) saying it had been dispatched. Hoping it arrives this morning!

Morrisons - confirmed:

£29.99 when bought with any other chart game
£39.99 when bought separately

codmo.jpg

So... The Tesco deal is not actually taking off the discount for me. I get to entering my card details and it still says: "Amount to be paid by Credit/Debit Card: £59.90"

Anyone else having trouble?

EDIT: Works when I choose the PS3 version with a PSN card, but I want the 360 version with a PSN card... which isn't applying the discount -_-

[quote name='Gizoku']So... The Tesco deal is not actually taking off the discount for me. I get to entering my card details and it still says: "Amount to be paid by Credit/Debit Card: £59.90"

Anyone else having trouble?

EDIT: Works when I choose the PS3 version with a PSN card, but I want the 360 version with a PSN card... which isn't applying the discount -_- [/QUOTE]

EDIT: Unless that's a typo then that's your problem, Xbox Game with xbox points or ps3 with psn, you probably can't mix and match.

My local Tesco is round the corner and doing Midnight launch so I popped in this morning and grabbed one of 3 left pre-order copies.

But I just tried the website and it seems to work ok for me:

ss01852957.jpg

[quote name='WKD']My local Tesco is round the corner and doing Midnight launch so I popped in this morning and grabbed one of 3 left pre-order copies.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm do you think that getting a pre-order is the best idea then? I'm assuming that pre-orders will save your copy even if you don't go at midnight? (i.e. i might just pop in on tuesday day time)

I'll be popping down the road to tesco tonight. Not got any sense of urgency about cod (i usually enjoy the campaign but am too useless) but if it's cheap...
Last year I made a small profit buying on day 1 from morrisons and trading a week or so later at game, hoping to do the same here.

[quote name='WKD']EDIT: Unless that's a typo then that's your problem, Xbox Game with xbox points or ps3 with psn, you probably can't mix and match.[/QUOTE]

Damn I was hoping to get the 360 version with a PSN card as I have loads of points due to the Reach deal. Any chance this will be allowed in store?

[quote name='Rowe9']Does anyone know how the Sainsburys deal works. Do you buy the game at the same time of your £30 spend? Or do you take your £30 spend receipt to the entertainment bit, and then get the game?[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure myself and I'm quite sure that this can't work at midnight tonight when my local Sainsbury's store is only opening for 30 minutes to sell the game.

How can anyone be expected to get £30 worth of shopping done in that time.

This leads me to conclude that they will be doing a special for launch day only.

[quote name='JimmyDeemo']Hmmm do you think that getting a pre-order is the best idea then? I'm assuming that pre-orders will save your copy even if you don't go at midnight? (i.e. i might just pop in on tuesday day time)[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it will make any difference tbh my local Tesco said they are getting 200 copies and expecting 500 customers, I'm assuming/hoping priority will be made to pre-order customers at midnight but from the sounds of it all copies are going to be sold.

Best bet is to call and ask your local store.

[quote name='jez360']Damn I was hoping to get the 360 version with a PSN card as I have loads of points due to the Reach deal. Any chance this will be allowed in store?[/QUOTE]

No idea fella, but I'm guessing not as it's probably in the system to apply the discount when both items are scanned.

[quote name='watty1964']I'm not too sure myself and I'm quite sure that this can't work at midnight tonight when my local Sainsbury's store is only opening for 30 minutes to sell the game.

How can anyone be expected to get £30 worth of shopping done in that time.

This leads me to conclude that they will be doing a special for launch day only.[/QUOTE]

Here are the terms of the sainsburys deal:

[quote name='Sainsburys']
Offer start date 9th November 2010. Offer end date 14th November 2010. *£30 spend in one transaction. Spend required does not apply to cashback, purchases of baby milk products, gift cards, medicines, saving stamps, phone cards, mobile phone vouchers, tobacco related products, lottery, car park tickets, vending machine purchases, coffee shop/restaurant purchases, cjarity items or fuel.

£30 Spend does not include the price of Call of Duty: Black ops game. 1 copy per customer. Larger stores only. Available midnight in selected stores. Contact your local store for opening times. While stocks last. Subject to availability.[/quote]

[quote name='wideawakewesley']Anyone know if the 2100msp price of £17.49 is the price they sell them for instore?[/QUOTE]

They are yes.

The ad says:

[quote name='"Tesco"']
PS3 £20 PSN Card - £20
2100 Xbox Live Points Card - £17.50
3 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - £17.50
[/quote]

Also, has anyone ever traded anything into Tesco before? I saw the ad on here (and in the paper) about trade values of certain games which would mean I would not have to pay any cash for the game.

any Tesco workers in here...?
just wondering do you think in store theyll still give a discount if you buy a 12month membership instead of a 3 month??

[quote name='MonkeyOpsJnr']any Tesco workers in here...?
just wondering do you think in store theyll still give a discount if you buy a 12month membership instead of a 3 month??[/QUOTE]

I really doubt it.

For the tesco deal you can easily sell the MS and PSN points on quickly for £15 and £18 respectively on ebay. Would make the game itself £27.

FYI, my wife was kind enough to pre-order BlOps for me at Tescos. The pre-order (supposedly) guarantees you a copy for 3 days.

One thing i haven't thought about is that i hope Tesco's have plenty of points cards. Will be annoyed if i have to pay full price for my pre-order because they ran out of those.

Well then they had the Halo Reach deal on I went in about 9:00 in the morning and there was a HUGE display in the entrance with loads of copies of the games and the points cards. I'm going to tesco tomorrow morning about 7:30 to get my copy!

im not taking any chance's im going to tesco's at midnight just to be sure ,the last thing i want is to leave til morning only to find out they sold out of ethier the game or the points ,remember there is gonna be a huge demand for this game .

[quote name='Pascual']I'm more concerned about my local Tescos running out of points cards rather than the game.[/QUOTE]

There's always the PS3 version! ;)

[quote name='Pascual']I'm more concerned about my local Tescos running out of points cards rather than the game.[/QUOTE]

Same here - I'm never been to a midnight launch before, what sort of time would you suggest making your way there? I was going to go at about 11/11:15 and see what the queue was like. Has anyone been to COD midnight launches in previous years?

hi im a newbie, but as like all of you i was hoping for a sainsburys deal but as this probabaly wont happen i did a little research today and found that best buy are doing it for 29.99 only 200 copies and for 1 day hope this helps some of you that are near a best buy!! as for the rest of you sainsburys deal is okay if you need shopping, but GAME is a joke!!!

[quote name='Eugene Goat']Same here - I'm never been to a midnight launch before, what sort of time would you suggest making your way there? I was going to go at about 11/11:15 and see what the queue was like. Has anyone been to COD midnight launches in previous years?[/QUOTE]

I would advise to get there for 11ish, particularly if you don't have a pre-order, as stock levels for supermarkets are never the most reliable.

I have spoken to my local Tesco extra in regards to trade ins, they have confirmed the prices that they will offer if you trade in Halo Reach or MW:2 against the price of Black Ops - which leaves a grand total of £2 cash to pay if you trade in both.

If you are interested in trading in you have to go to the entertainment counter to make your purchase and trade in the games as they have a seperate system for trade ins.

The Tecos I will be going to is open 24hrs so I don't know how getting there early will benefit me.

When I've been to midnight launches at supermarkets before people have been queuing for the game to be put on the shelf

I doubt they will put on the shelf at all, more likely have them at the desk ready to go. I'm going to go around 11ish pick up a magazine from the rack to read while I wait :) Would rather be there an hour earlier and be out as close to 12 as poss than get there and be queuing till whatever hour at the back of a ridiculously long line.

Especially as the fella said there getting 200 copies but expecting 500 customers :O

Ahh cool. Thanks - My local Tesco is also a 24hrs, so I assume there will be a queue forming to one side of the entertainment section. Best of luck to everyone getting a copy if, like me, you haven't preordered.

[quote name='gettothechoppa!']hi im a newbie, but as like all of you i was hoping for a sainsburys deal but as this probabaly wont happen i did a little research today and found that best buy are doing it for 29.99 only 200 copies and for 1 day hope this helps some of you that are near a best buy!! as for the rest of you sainsburys deal is okay if you need shopping, but GAME is a joke!!![/QUOTE]

Best Buy are doing it all day tomorrow for £29.99. Not 200 copies.

Got my copy and 2100 Points :) I got there about 10:50 and was approx 20th in line, at 12 there must of been over 500 people queuing ;O

Add me on XBL WKD5 maybe get a [cag] team going? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from tesco

360 version and the MS points for £42.49! This deal is freaking killer I thought it would be £45.

I'm heading to my local tescos 6am opening, and I'm not expecting too much action. There's a 24 hour one which did the midnight release 5 miles away, so I assume all the hardcore fans went then. I'll post it in the AM.

got mine at midnight at tescos in hatfield they sold out of points so had to go for the 3 months gold deal looks like there be no points and no gold cards for tomorrows purchasers at tescos hatfield , u would have thought that they would order extra points and gold cards in .

Just finished playing my first black ops session. Loving it so far. Me and my friends went to Tesco and they only had about 13 copies for PS3 and about 25 for 360. Luckily me and my mates were first on the list. Thanks to CAG for that Tesco deal :D

went to tesco this morning at 6am, there was no one else there except me and my buddy. we went in, the games weren't even on the shelves yet! still, thanks to all at CAG for finding the deal, excellent! £42.50 is a bargain.

bread's done
Back