Call of Duty Black OPS

I got hardline pro for the first time, switching care packages is nice, but without ghost i dont really do that well. Im lucky to go 1.0 kd with hardline.... with ghost i usually go 1.0 or higher, and end up in the top three of the lobby. I guess i can keep it and use it if i get a care package, then wait till i die and choose the hardline pro class to see if i get anything good.

I started to track how long it takes me to prestige. So far im 10 hours in and went from 1 to 31 playing Hardcore TDM.

I dont know what it is but ive been playing on firing range and nuke town a ton the last couple days. Every time i hit one of those maps its twice in a row. When i start a search i almost always start on one of those too. Its getting annoying.

Man today i played Hardcore FFA and its so stupid. While you are dead you can cycle through the other players and see where they are at. Why the hell would they allow such a thing? People can talk to each other too. I dont see the point of it if these things are going on. Idk maybe being able to cycle through the cameras incourage people not to camp, but it just seems dumb to allow a dead person to gain an advantage on you.

FWIW, Nuketown and Firing Range aren't in the rotation for Ground War. Though I'd like to play a 9v9 match on Nuketown just once. Pure carnage I imagine.

Got to prestige 7, took me about 32 hours of playing to go from prestige 6 to prestige 7. not sure if that is good. I know id probably get their faster if i switched up my game modes. Maybe ill try that.

I've been playing more Search and destroy lately, probably about ten hours and I went up about 35 levels.(It does help that I'm quite good at Search). I'm having a lot of fun, and leveling up is great when going at this pace. I got a six man clutch with a defuse today, it felt so sick and I saved it. I checked it out after and it wasn't nearly as cool as I thought it was. :( The Game winning kills are so entertaining, especially when they're yours. I got a great tomahawk one from halway across the map with a bank shot that happened only because the guy backed up to reload. The lobby just cracked up when that happened, really helps appreciate the game.

serious question here, not trying to start a mw2 vs black ops war but.. i ditched this game because i like mw2 better (and im only 4th pres. in mw2 so its not stale to me yet) but i decided to give this game another chance today. only played 4 matches. but holy hell every match the entire enemy team was corner camping.. i mean we still won 3 of those matches, but damn i didnt have fun playing hunt the campers at all. is this game seriously that bad with corner camping, or did i just have a very bad string of luck?

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']serious question here, not trying to start a mw2 vs black ops war but.. i ditched this game because i like mw2 better (and im only 4th pres. in mw2 so its not stale to me yet) but i decided to give this game another chance today. only played 4 matches. but holy hell every match the entire enemy team was corner camping.. i mean we still won 3 of those matches, but damn i didnt have fun playing hunt the campers at all. is this game seriously that bad with corner camping, or did i just have a very bad string of luck?[/QUOTE]

Every Call of Duty game is pretty bad with corner camping. Black Ops gives campers even more tools than ever (Motion sensors, cameras), so I think it's a bit more frequent. The death of quick-scoping snipers in Black Ops makes people that want to snipe, also generally have to camp.

If you think it's better with MW2, more power to ya, but it's been a problem for years, and will continue to be until they don't get any kills doing it.

Here's a few clips I uploaded to youtube that I at least thought were notable.

Peek-a-boo ballistic knife on Hanoi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDcMufVy3IY

Double ballistic: One guy camping and the other on the run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0iqOKMHNco

Tomahawk bank down the stairs inside on Summit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYiOHxXTBPU

A surprise double kill thanks to Hardened plus a Valkyrie in a window. Also, some weird rendering error with a guy running with a REVIVE bubble at his feet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPapRxRCHnc

A final funny double-kill I got with the LAW thanks to an enemy RC-XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auKOabo4DU0

Crossbow frenzy I had on Nuketown. Funny part is that the first 3 were within minutes of each-other on the same guy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9M-NAd1JIs

An almost point-blank Valkyrie kill I got
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hGHV2oHE84

Simple over-the-rail Tomahawk on Summit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHpX0aqMVU8

I don't know about anyone else, but the decoy "grenade" is fucking off the hook. I have a G11, variable scope, with Ghost Pro, Sleight of Hand Pro, Ninja Pro, with sextex, decoy, and claymore, and I end up top 2 of every TDM game. Usually, I find a high traffic area, put down the claymore, stand back, throw the decoy, and watch people run blindly into the claymore. Once I'm done laughing, I just sit and wait for people to blindly follow the decoy and get between 3-5 kills without a silencer (5-7 with a silencer) until they find me. I've watched countless times as a guy will charge into the corner of a building where I threw the decoy, empty a clip into the wall, only to be shot from behind by myself. It's endless fun!

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Every Call of Duty game is pretty bad with corner camping. Black Ops gives campers even more tools than ever (Motion sensors, cameras), so I think it's a bit more frequent. The death of quick-scoping snipers in Black Ops makes people that want to snipe, also generally have to camp.

If you think it's better with MW2, more power to ya, but it's been a problem for years, and will continue to be until they don't get any kills doing it.[/QUOTE]

I feel it got a little worse with Black Ops since you can buy everything you need for corner camping pretty quick. That and the fact that nothing really can balance ghost (stopping power did in MW2 and juggernaut/stopping power did in COD4/W@W), so hiding has become even more popular. Camping was a huge issue when MW2 came out which was one of my reasons for going back to COD4 for the first month or so, especially because heartbeat sensors aka bitch monitors were pretty popular at first.

Not trying to start any wars, not really complaining either since I don't even play Black Ops anymore, just stating my opinion on why I feel camping has become worse. BTW, quick scoping is still possible (I can do it myself), but sniping in general in Black Ops just feels worthless with so many better options between assault rifles and smgs. Also, I have no issue with a sniper camping, it would be pretty stupid for them to run and gun against people that have weapons designed for that type of play and I also have no issue with someone camping a high traffic area to get a lot of kills, it is the obscure corner camping (which I see more of in Black Ops) that bothers me somewhat.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']I feel it got a little worse with Black Ops since you can buy everything you need for corner camping pretty quick. That and the fact that nothing really can balance ghost (stopping power did in MW2 and juggernaut/stopping power did in COD4/W@W), so hiding has become even more popular. Camping was a huge issue when MW2 came out which was one of my reasons for going back to COD4 for the first month or so, especially because heartbeat sensors aka bitch monitors were pretty popular at first.

Not trying to start any wars, not really complaining either since I don't even play Black Ops anymore, just stating my opinion on why I feel camping has become worse. BTW, quick scoping is still possible (I can do it myself), but sniping in general in Black Ops just feels worthless with so many better options between assault rifles and smgs. Also, I have no issue with a sniper camping, it would be pretty stupid for them to run and gun against people that have weapons designed for that type of play and I also have no issue with someone camping a high traffic area to get a lot of kills, it is the obscure corner camping (which I see more of in Black Ops) that bothers me somewhat.[/QUOTE]

I think Flak Jacket is catching on, since it negates claymores. And scavenger can be nice too (I really only use it for my knife matches to reload tomahawks, but people that use high-ammo consuming weapons like it too)

I think you'll find more campers in the newest game, simply because there are more players in it. The people that stick to the older ones do it out of choice, for the most part, and obviously they don't like to camp for whatever reason.

[quote name='Pck21']I don't know about anyone else, but the decoy "grenade" is fucking off the hook. I have a G11, variable scope, with Ghost Pro, Sleight of Hand Pro, Ninja Pro, with sextex, decoy, and claymore, and I end up top 2 of every TDM game. Usually, I find a high traffic area, put down the claymore, stand back, throw the decoy, and watch people run blindly into the claymore. Once I'm done laughing, I just sit and wait for people to blindly follow the decoy and get between 3-5 kills without a silencer (5-7 with a silencer) until they find me. I've watched countless times as a guy will charge into the corner of a building where I threw the decoy, empty a clip into the wall, only to be shot from behind by myself. It's endless fun![/QUOTE]

I guess if your thing is sitting in a corner with Ghost then that's fun.

People cry about "campers" too often. Running around like a chicken with your head cut off can be fun at times but going 25-35 at the end of the match isn't so cool. I'm not a huge camper (I prefer to move around, camp for a kill, move around, camp for a kill, etc.) but the fact is that campers can be beaten and they can be beaten pretty easily most of the time.

It should only take a kill or two to figure out where they are camping and then you can grenade, stun, nova gas, flash, spray all over where they are.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']People cry about "campers" too often. Running around like a chicken with your head cut off can be fun at times but going 25-35 at the end of the match isn't so cool. I'm not a huge camper (I prefer to move around, camp for a kill, move around, camp for a kill, etc.) but the fact is that campers can be beaten and they can be beaten pretty easily most of the time.

It should only take a kill or two to figure out where they are camping and then you can grenade, stun, nova gas, flash, spray all over where they are.[/QUOTE]

I have never had even close to that bad of a game "running around like a chicken with my head cut off". The way you do it is fine as long as you are staying near at least some action and not hiding in a corner where you will be a non-factor for either team. If you want to do something like sit in a random corner to protect your k/d, go play FFA so you don't screw both teams, only yourself.

@JasonTerminator The dual mag pretty much makes scavenger pretty useless, but that is my opinion. Unless you are going on high streaks all the time and can't use a weapon you can pick up off someone you kill than you will not really need scavenger. Flak Jacket may be alright at times, but for someone like myself who was mainly playing hardcore to negate lag advantage for other players, flak jacket isn't going to save you too much and becomes a worthless perk there as well. Again, not really complaining since I will only play zombies with a few friends at this point, just think Treyarch could have done a better job balancing perks so that you didn't see the same one 7 times out of 10 at least.

The game isnt about campers and I am surprised that people havent figured this out yet. I am not super amazing ( I frankly find the game way to boring to really try hard at) but its very common for me to go 45-10 or 50-20.... (its also not uncommon for me to tank hard in a match!!!)

The game is a first to the trigger setup. Its the dumbest brand of FPS out there. I think a lot of you need to turn your minds off and just shoot anything that moves. I have no strategy, no tactics, no goal in mind when I play and I can easily destroy in the K/D department for a couple rounds straight.

I swear COD is the biggest placebo out there, there are the obvious overpowered guns and then everything else is just preference. Gadgets mean nothing, perks mean nothing, set ups mean nothing because everything is going to boil down to just random 1 v 1 battles around the map with the shitty spawns being the only difference no matter what the game mode is. Since every game mode winds up being a TDM anyway. How can you take this game seriously when stabbing people is the top 3 way to kill someone? Teleporting around like fucking nightcrawler.

Then again, I dont care enough about winning in this game so maybe its just me.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']People cry about "campers" too often[/QUOTE]

Yeah i played a match with this kid today, we were on the same team. He kept saying people were camping all match. Then the next round he was on the opposite team and i killed him like 6-8 times and he couldnt kill me. So after the match he was like "7th number stop camping", when infact i did no such thing. I killed him all over the map. Its not that uncommon to hear people bitch about camping even if you dont, they are just mad they lost and did horrible.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The game is a first to the trigger setup. Its the dumbest brand of FPS out there. I think a lot of you need to turn your minds off and just shoot anything that moves.[/QUOTE]

The problem with that is the lag in the game (or my connection--thought that comes out pretty good in speed and latency tests).

I couldn't count how often I appear to shoot first, only to die and see in the kill cam that the other person shot first.

I mean I freely admit I'm not good, don't put much effort into learning the maps and paying attention to where people go most often etc., as well as just having shitty aim.

But it gets old fast to so often have the drop on someone only to see tha they actually popped around the corner earlier than it appeared to be on your screen and they shot first even though in real time you saw them and shot before they did. :bomb:

[quote name='dmaul1114']The problem with that is the lag in the game (or my connection--thought that comes out pretty good in speed and latency tests).

I couldn't count how often I appear to shoot first, only to die and see in the kill cam that the other person shot first.

I mean I freely admit I'm not good, don't put much effort into learning the maps and paying attention to where people go most often etc., as well as just having shitty aim.

But it gets old fast to so often have the drop on someone only to see tha they actually popped around the corner earlier than it appeared to be on your screen and they shot first even though in real time you saw them and shot before they did. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

This is why i cant play anything but hardcore. I was trying to play regular ground war today and its just really annoying. I shoot a guy for 2 seconds while he runs up to me and knives me. Yet when i see a guy and run at him he drops me in less than a second before i can knife him. Hardcore makes the lag a bit better because it takes less to kill people. I still get times where i aim right at someone and shoot, then they shoot back and i die. But it seems better at least.

The two worst things about this game is Second Chance and Lag.

Oh, I agree with both of you, but this makes me care even less about the game. That is one of the biggest reasons why I dont understand the people who get upset or try super hard to be good at this game.

The lag makes everything you do as close to a coin flip as possible. I have watched kill cams when the guy got hit marks while not even aiming anywhere near me. I still to this day do not understand where 90% of my bullets even go. How is it possiable that I shot 20/32 bullets at someone and not killed them?

The game is the ultimate crap shoot, there is no reason to even invent anything more than the attention to run around and kill things. Which I like and the reason why I continue to play.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Oh, I agree with both of you, but this makes me care even less about the game. That is one of the biggest reasons why I dont understand the people who get upset or try super hard to be good at this game.

The lag makes everything you do as close to a coin flip as possible. I have watched kill cams when the guy got hit marks while not even aiming anywhere near me. I still to this day do not understand where 90% of my bullets even go. How is it possiable that I shot 20/32 bullets at someone and not killed them?

The game is the ultimate crap shoot, there is no reason to even invent anything more than the attention to run around and kill things. Which I like and the reason why I continue to play.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm the same. I've never cared about my k/d ratio, which has been under one in every online shooter I've ever played. I just play and have fun.

But it still gets a tad frustrating at times when you have the drop on someone and still die because of lag. But I don't get terribly pissed off most of the time, and if I start to get annoyed I just quit.

I only worry about it more when playing with teams that I know care about winning--then I try to be more conservative in how I run around and try to not go negative if I can help it.

new vid using hacker pro.... got a care package kill...but it ended up being a death via exploding car because the care package bomb was right next to it.

Lately ive been rolling with the stoner, i really like it, its even great at long distances. I just hate how i cant put a surpressor on it lol. As a person who uses the M16 exclusively most of the time, i like to change it up and use a non burst fire gun once in a while. Sometimes i end up dead because my burst vs someone who sprays and prays doesnt work well.

I used to like summit, but now im starting to hate it because people will camp spawn and kill you right away. Its really annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-i8KpIhIM

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh if anyone else cares, the nemesis you see at the end of games is broken. Sometimes it will say i killed so and so 0 times when i know i killed them at least once. One time it said 0 times and i know i stuck a semtex on the dudes face and killed him the same round.

[quote name='icandy']Just for lols.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE62y2ki4EE[/QUOTE]

I always find it juvenile when people brag they are high/drunk and I don't know how many times I heard that as an excuse for losing in MW2 (gladly party chat is back in BlOps). It's also good to know that the MS team keeps record of all communication over XBL :)

[quote name='The 7th Number']Oh if anyone else cares, the nemesis you see at the end of games is broken. Sometimes it will say i killed so and so 0 times when i know i killed them at least once. One time it said 0 times and i know i stuck a semtex on the dudes face and killed him the same round.[/QUOTE]

That's been broken for a loooong time although sometimes it's right. Also, if your nemesis leaves the game early it shows 0 kills and 0 deaths in your nemesis stats.

The patch that hit the PS3 version a few days ago hit last night. The best part is, of course, that the person who knocks an opponent into last stand gets the kill, and the person who finishes them off gets the assist.

AK74u feels a little different, but I'm using the FAMAS now, so I only noticed when I picked up their guns.

Now if only they would fix Nuketown...

[quote name='JasonTerminator']The patch that hit the PS3 version a few days ago hit last night. The best part is, of course, that the person who knocks an opponent into last stand gets the kill, and the person who finishes them off gets the assist.

AK74u feels a little different, but I'm using the FAMAS now, so I only noticed when I picked up their guns.

Now if only they would fix Nuketown...[/QUOTE]

Dam finally! I hate getting my last stand kills stolen from me.

I dont mind nuketown as much. As long as your controlling the firing lanes...its a shit fest for the other team. I just hate how the spawn flips every so often but thats what we get for a tiny map.

A kill to put him into last stand and an assist to finish him off, not bad. Now only if i could get a kill for putting him into last stand and he gets revived. I know that will never happen, but its annoying as hell when you shoot someone into last stand and somehow he kills you and gets revived.

I was playing a match on firing range last night and i was shooting a guy about 2 feet in front of me with a stoner, he dropped into last stand and i shot his ass all the way down and somehow he shot me between all that and survived. Wish they would just remove this shit, so many guys get lucky as hell because of this perk, and its super cheap. At least make it so they dont sit in last stand for 5 minutes like they do waiting to get revived.

[quote name='The 7th Number']knife video, which is rare for me because i almost never knife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNXWgQ-9LkM[/QUOTE]

dam pretty good minitage.

i know what you mean about knifing. If i knew how to upload clips to youtube...i pulled a very weak rendition of OnlyUSEmeBlade and got a 4 Kill streak with a ballistic because i ran out of bullets with the spectre. The team i was playing was horrible on all levels though.

edit: i digress i shot no one with it. just stabs lol.

[quote name='integralsmatic']If i knew how to upload clips to youtube...[/QUOTE]

Just
1. register at www.callofduty.com
2. give them your gamertag to link your account
3. and then there is an option to link your youtube account to your callofduty.com profile
4. Then, you have to edit videos in the theater in the game to be 30 seconds or less, save it to your file share
5. load the clip and if it is 30 seconds or less you will have a Render option which will then play/render the video and subsequently upload to your callofduty.com/theater page and also your youtube account

Hate to break it to you, but those are more like "why do I have such bad aim?" moments. Watching those videos you had zero hit markers and in that second video I am unsure why you kept trying to use the aim assist when it was clearly pulling and you should have adjusted the aim manually. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just suggesting you don't rely on aim assist as much since other than the initial lock on it hurts more than it helps.

Not that this matter but I finally traded in my COD after something like 4 or 5 full days worth of play time.

Again, I thought the game was pretty solid but not great but with the looming bullshit map pack (I hate all map packs especially if they come before DLC with actual content) and the fact that its impossible to really play with anyone who doesnt have it I have no use for it.

Ahhh, only thing that sucks is the 2 months before the next good FPS that comes out.

Have fun guys!

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Hate to break it to you, but those are more like "why do I have such bad aim?" moments. Watching those videos you had zero hit markers and in that second video I am unsure why you kept trying to use the aim assist when it was clearly pulling and you should have adjusted the aim manually. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just suggesting you don't rely on aim assist as much since other than the initial lock on it hurts more than it helps.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? The video in nuketown my blue dot was right on the guy when i shot, the firing range video i was right over him and shot twice. Sure i didnt get hit markers, lag? IDK. But my aim was right over the guy both times. I dont rely on aim assist at all, in fact i hate it sometimes because when i aim at a certain point, and a dude walks past it as i wait for him, the aim assists actually pushes my aim away from him like he has some kind of force field around him. If it was bad aim i wouldnt even have put these videos up, but you can clearly see im aiming right on the guy both times.

PS its the weekend, idk about anyone else but during the weekend the lag gets really bad. So bad you shoot guys 2-3 times right on them and they dont die. Just something ive noticed.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Are you kidding? The video in nuketown my blue dot was right on the guy when i shot, the firing range video i was right over him and shot twice. Sure i didnt get hit markers, lag? IDK. But my aim was right over the guy both times. I dont rely on aim assist at all, in fact i hate it sometimes because when i aim at a certain point, and a dude walks past it as i wait for him, the aim assists actually pushes my aim away from him like he has some kind of force field around him. If it was bad aim i wouldnt even have put these videos up, but you can clearly see im aiming right on the guy both times.

PS its the weekend, idk about anyone else but during the weekend the lag gets really bad. So bad you shoot guys 2-3 times right on them and they dont die. Just something ive noticed.[/QUOTE]

in the first video your dot is to the left when you fired those shots, your sight is still moving.
the second video you keep walkign back to the same spot where he is continually firing and aim largely at his knees.
those are not lag moments, those are bad aiming moments.

bread's done
Back