Call of Duty Black OPS

Can I join the CoD group? I ditched MW2 but Black Ops is going to be my #1 game. Btw I like to say get fucking raped to the other team and stuff like that but if you don't like it then I stop.

[quote name='Aceboogz']too bad this isnt a PS3 forums :applause:[/QUOTE]

I just have way too many fans watching my posts on these boards. I'm flattered.

I'm kind of leaning more towards the smaller groups as well so I'd be down with others who are looking for a smaller group, though I will say, if you know you are ridiculously bad at shooters, I probably won't want to play with you, no offense. Unless you're super hilarious then that would make up for it.

Amazon is sold out of the hardened edition of black ops.

Does anyone know if the 4 co-op maps that are part of hardened can be purchased as a download from xbox live?

I haven't heard if they will put the maps up for sale right away but they will have them for sale at some time. They may wait a little in order to get people to buy the editions that include them.

[quote name='fatpug']Amazon is sold out of the hardened edition of black ops.

Does anyone know if the 4 co-op maps that are part of hardened can be purchased as a download from xbox live?[/QUOTE]

There is no way that they won't put those maps up as DLC. It's something Activision can gain money from, so it will be up there. There's no telling when it'll go up, though. Probably within a month or two of release?

Also, added Hustletron (couldn't attach a message through xbox.com :whistle2:#)

Where are folks picking this game up? I'm having a hard time sorting through all prices and wondering what the best deal is. Didn't see much of anything in the forum, but if someone could point me to a thread, much appreciated!

[quote name='midloo']Where are folks picking this game up? I'm having a hard time sorting through all prices and wondering what the best deal is. Didn't see much of anything in the forum, but if someone could point me to a thread, much appreciated![/QUOTE]

Kmart is the best deal especially if you want to get any game that has been released in the past couple weeks.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274278

$25 in rewards points, $25 off select games, and $20 off a pair of Turtle Beach Headsets (if you are interested, I personally am not).

[quote name='mvp828']Kmart is the best deal especially if you want to get any game that has been released in the past couple weeks.

$25 in rewards points, $25 off select games, and $20 off a pair of Turtle Beach Headsets (if you are interested, I personally am not).[/QUOTE]

Probably the best bet, now. Amazon's last day for release day delivery was Wednesday, and that was $55 + $20 credit (no tax, no gas, and $1/free shipping). Most people chose Amazon, as they don't have a Kmart nearby.

[quote name='mvp828']Kmart is the best deal especially if you want to get any game that has been released in the past couple weeks.

$25 in rewards points, $25 off select games, and $20 off a pair of Turtle Beach Headsets (if you are interested, I personally am not).[/QUOTE]

TRU has basically the same deal if you don't want the Turtle Beaches. $50 GC with Black Ops and one other $59.99 game.

If you have two copies of Black ops for 360 (we have two 360's at my house) and ONE of them is regualr edition, one is hardened, are you able to load the zombie maps on both 360's and play each 360 at the same time??

[quote name='hustletron']I have a dilemma with this game though, I have 2 copies coming to me, both paid for, because I have friends around my house that play on PS3, I have friends in other states that play on 360 and I'm a predominantly 360 gamer since I've had it longer. I feel stupid(for obvious reasons) buying the same game for 2 different systems but I have a somewhat justified reason behind it.
Anyone have any input on my situation or have a similar situation with multiplatform friends?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mvp828']There are is another CAG that I frequently play with that has MW2 for both systems and I know he plays mostly on the 360 with all of us and then he has the PS3 version which I believe he plays with some of his friends from back in college (at least I think that's where they are from).[/QUOTE]

hustletron, I think MVP is talking about me. Yeah, unfortunately a few of the guys I went to college with that live in the Austin area along with a number of their co-workers are all PS3 exclusive whereas I do most of my gaming on the 360. I ended up buying MW2 for the PS3 but played nowhere near the time there as I did on the 360. For instance, there have been possibly 20 days since launch that I have not played MW2 on the 360 leading to the many "hacked 10th prestige" comments whereas on the PS3 I didn't even make it to 1st Prestige.

Anyway, from my experience it seemed like the competition on the PS3 was nowhere near what it is on the 360 (granted, our 360 group rarely loses when there is at least 3 or more of us) since I was able to pull off several nukes playing with all randoms when I was in my 20's rank. I'm still on the fence about getting Black Ops on PS3 unless another good deal comes out for the PS3 (no local K-Marts) in the coming weeks or I decide to pick it up on the PS3 locally (ordered my 360 copy from Amazon).

[quote name='hotwls13']If you have two copies of Black ops for 360 (we have two 360's at my house) and ONE of them is regualr edition, one is hardened, are you able to load the zombie maps on both 360's and play each 360 at the same time??[/QUOTE]

Unless the extra maps are DLC then no because as soon as you eject the disc your system goes to the dashboard. If the maps are DLC then you can take your gamertag and download them on the 2nd 360 (they are licensed for that 360) then redownload them on the 1st 360 on which you will now only be able to play with while logged into XBL (authenticated to gamertag).

So you couldn't just copy/install the game to HDD (using hardened on both machines) then on one machine start the game with the standard disc?? I guess there is some initial difference in identifying the Hardened vs Standard disc. I was hoping it was just extra content to be added from the disc (kind of a separate install/copy option).

Oh well.

[quote name='hotwls13']If you have two copies of Black ops for 360 (we have two 360's at my house) and ONE of them is regualr edition, one is hardened, are you able to load the zombie maps on both 360's and play each 360 at the same time??[/QUOTE]

[quote name='woodcan']Unless the extra maps are DLC then no because as soon as you eject the disc your system goes to the dashboard. If the maps are DLC then you can take your gamertag and download them on the 2nd 360 (they are licensed for that 360) then redownload them on the 1st 360 on which you will now only be able to play with while logged into XBL (authenticated to gamertag).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='woodcan']hustletron, I think MVP is talking about me. [/QUOTE]

I certainly was Bro. :lol:

[quote name='hotwls13']So you couldn't just copy/install the game to HDD (using hardened on both machines) then on one machine start the game with the standard disc?? I guess there is some initial difference in identifying the Hardened vs Standard disc. I was hoping it was just extra content to be added from the disc (kind of a separate install/copy option).

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

That is actually a good question... I was going to say the same thing that Flesh said above assuming that it is DLC.

I highly doubt that it is a single seperate disc because then that would create complications on a bigger scale (more piracy, different versions of the game, etc).

I'm sure it's going to be DLC because there's also the avatar outfit and that is obviously going to be DLC and I'm sure they will be on the same card.

Regarding my own personal issue, money wasn't a factor I have my Amazon 360 copy paid for and I have a $59.99 copy of Dead Rising 2 I can swap at Target for Black Ops straight up, I just kind of feel guilty I guess getting 2 copies of the same game lol.

[quote name='hustletron']I'm sure it's going to be DLC because there's also the avatar outfit and that is obviously going to be DLC and I'm sure they will be on the same card.

Regarding my own personal issue, money wasn't a factor I have my Amazon 360 copy paid for and I have a $59.99 copy of Dead Rising 2 I can swap at Target for Black Ops straight up, I just kind of feel guilty I guess getting 2 copies of the same game lol.[/QUOTE]

Just feeding money into the grinder that is Activision, eh? :lol:

They will be DLC. I guarantee it. You're stuck with either buying 2 Hardened editions, or going with your 1 regular and 1 Hardened set up and waiting for the maps to come out on the marketplace.

Bit the bullet and preordered this with release date delivery from Amazon.

Was torn a bit between this and Dragon Age Ultimate edition as my next game now that I'm getting tired of Reach. Opted to stay away from a WRPG as I get addicted to those and throw too much time into them and I'm too swamped at work etc. to do that now.

FPS games I seldom play for more than a couple hours other than on weekend nights. WRPGs are hard to only play for an hour or two for me. :D

[quote name='A Happy Panda']They will be DLC. I guarantee it. You're stuck with either buying 2 Hardened editions, or going with your 1 regular and 1 Hardened set up and waiting for the maps to come out on the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

Not true... We already told him how to get the DLC accessible on both systems at once.

Gamestop has a TON of trade in deals for this game.

Traded in Red Dead Redemption, and a copy of MW2 for PS3 that my brother got for cheap and no longer wants , and my 360 copy of MW2.

Ended up only paying like 7 bucks for a fully paid preorder of the game.

Awesome, just got a shipment confirmation from Gamestop.com! Their shipments usually only take 2-3 days to reach me, so I'll hopefully get it by Saturday or Monday, and I only used their saver shipping option.

Got the game for $45 after the April 25% off coupon on Gamestop.com, and used credit to buy it. Love that I'm not spending a dime out of pocket on this.

Umm. Kinda forgot about shipping. I preordered though Wal Mart so I hope to get something soon about it being mailed out. They worked great on Reach, it got to my house on launch day when I got home from work.

Any word as to whether you can do the Wager Matches with a party? There's the possibility of boosters, sure, but I'll be damned if I have to try to randomly get matched into the same matches with buds. There has to be SOME system for it.

If you can do it with a party, any idea whether it's all seperate playlists, or is it all bunched together like Rumble Pit in Halo? I'm hoping for the former, personally.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Any word as to whether you can do the Wager Matches with a party? There's the possibility of boosters, sure, but I'll be damned if I have to try to randomly get matched into the same matches with buds. There has to be SOME system for it.

If you can do it with a party, any idea whether it's all seperate playlists, or is it all bunched together like Rumble Pit in Halo? I'm hoping for the former, personally.[/QUOTE]
You can't do parties in Wager matches.

I don't get the problem though, it's a good way to prevent boosting, there are other modes you can play with your friends.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Awesome, just got a shipment confirmation from Gamestop.com![/QUOTE]

Oh, fuck off Gamestop. I just received a second e-mail stating that the shipment confirmation was sent in error, and that shipments have not been sent out yet. I won't receive the game earlier than November 9th. Sonuvabitch.

[quote name='mvp828']Not true... We already told him how to get the DLC accessible on both systems at once.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you need to be signed in on the same GT on both boxes?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Wouldn't you need to be signed in on the same GT on both boxes?[/QUOTE]

Nope... You just need to get the gamertag on a memory card or USB and take it to one system. Then download the content while logged in as that profile and then it will become registered to that system. Next take the profile back to the other system and redownload it. As long as both systems are logged into Live the content will be accessible to anyone who logs on to the system that it was originally downloaded on and the original gamertag that it is linked to.

This works for all DLC and has for as long as I can remember.

EDIT: Here is the original sticky that Shipwreck created with the more in-depth walkthrough of the process.
Half Priced DLC

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']You can't do parties in Wager matches.

I don't get the problem though, it's a good way to prevent boosting, there are other modes you can play with your friends.[/QUOTE]

fuck, seriously? I can't do GunGame with my buds?

That completely kills it for me. I suppose I could do private matches with them, right?

I was just looking forward to that. My bud Scott and I used to play GunGame in CSS a lot, and not being able to play it with him is shitty.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']You can't do parties in Wager matches.

I don't get the problem though, it's a good way to prevent boosting, there are other modes you can play with your friends.[/QUOTE]

i watched that hour long gamespot vid and i thought they said you could play the low level wager matches with parties (the $10 buy in matches) i could be wrong (wouldnt be the first time :D) but i thought i heard them say that in the vid

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']i watched that hour long gamespot vid and i thought they said you could play the low level wager matches with parties (the $10 buy in matches) i could be wrong (wouldnt be the first time :D) but i thought i heard them say that in the vid[/QUOTE]

You can play with friends in the 'Ante Up' wager matches, but nothing above that. Private matches MAY allow enough customization to set up a 'Gun Game', but I'm not entirely sure. 'Ante Up' is probably the lowest wager amount, like crasy joe said.

Private matches have an immense amount of options, too, so it's not something to sneeze at. :D

Party chat is also allowed in all other non-wager modes excluding Search and Destry, as well. Vahn says they can change that at a moment's notice, if people want it so.

I saw a video of bots, too, last night. Indeed, you can't use bots (at the moment) without being online. Lots of people are complaining, though, so we'll see if that changes. Bots are pretty decent (not sure what difficulty it was, though). They use custom weapons, too.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']i watched that hour long gamespot vid and i thought they said you could play the low level wager matches with parties (the $10 buy in matches)[/QUOTE]

That would make sense, because boosting in those low wager matches would be pointless. I'm sure they're just there for people who want to play those game types but don't want to risk their credits.

FOUR. MORE. DAYS.

I hope at least most of my expectations are met in the weeks to come. This title has so much potential I'd love to completely forget MW2 ever existed.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']FOUR. MORE. DAYS.

I hope at least most of my expectations are met in the weeks to come. This title has so much potential I'd love to completely forget MW2 ever existed.[/QUOTE]

Why is everyone becoming so thankful that they can move on from MW2? I thought it was pretty fun/decent when I played (albeit on PC... I've heard lots of horror stories about the 360 community). Has it really degenerated that much?

I'd just be happy not having to deal with hacks/cheats/mods, though. Wasn't a big issue on PC, but it looks a tad more obvious on 360. Hoping that isn't going to be an issue for a while... but even then, you could technically move to private games with people you know? (separate ranking system, supposedly... dunno about CoDP or contracts though)

Bots are looking promising at least. Something to fall back on. Besides Zombies. :applause:

I would be willing to bet that 99% of the people that bitch and moan about MW2 hated it because they sucked at it.

Yea the glitches early on were frustrating but at no point in the past 360 days was the game "unplayable".

[quote name='mvp828']I would be willing to bet that 99% of the people that bitch and moan about MW2 hated it because they sucked at it.

Yea the glitches early on were frustrating but at no point in the past 360 days was the game "unplayable".[/QUOTE]

It's because MW2 in my opinion overdid it with killstreaks(especially since a killstreak builds onto the next). In World at War and Modern Warfare, you could enter in a middle of a match and still do work. In Modern Warfare 2, it doesn't help when you join progress, you are immediately getting gunned down by a chopper gunner followed by someone calling an AC-130, predator and then get nuked.

[quote name='mvp828']I would be willing to bet that 99% of the people that bitch and moan about MW2 hated it because they sucked at it.[/QUOTE]

I think I've got a 1.26 K/D ratio in MW2, albeit with only a dozen or so hours spent in multiplayer, and I've bitched about MW2. Sure, it's not a great K/D ratio, but it's better than 1.0 K/D, the statistical average, so I can objectively say that I don't suck at it.

Outside of the glitches and cheating, my biggest complaint was that Infinity Ward didn't do enough to advance the franchise. CoD4 was a revelation that many subsequent games have tried to emulate. MW2 did not have any of that innovation. Essentially it was a tweaked CoD4 with death streaks.

I see a lot more innovation coming in Black Ops, at least from the previews. The credit system is a nice addition, which has obviously been done in Halo: Reach, but not with the same kind of leveling perk system CoD employs. The wager matches are a really cool addition to earning credits. The theater mode has been around since Halo 3, but this is the first CoD to have it. There's a lot more customization available for your character in Black Ops, including gun customization. These are the additions I can come up with off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more.

I feel like Infinity Ward got lazy with MW2. Maybe it had something to do with the contentious relationship they had with Activision. Or maybe they couldn't see the forest for the trees. Whatever the problem, I felt like there were high expectations for MW2, and it failed to deliver in many respects. But Treyarch seems to be learning from Infinity Ward's mistakes.

[quote name='Daywalker']It's because MW2 in my opinion overdid it with killstreaks(especially since a killstreak builds onto the next). In World at War and Modern Warfare, you could enter in a middle of a match and still do work. In Modern Warfare 2, it doesn't help when you join progress, you are immediately getting gunned down by a chopper gunner followed by someone calling an AC-130, predator and then get nuked.[/QUOTE]

Yea like I said that happens to shit players. I have never entered a match in progress and been nuked. Overall I think I was only nuked twice. Once by a booster when the people first started doing it, and another time when I played against 6 people that I usually play with.

As for not being able to do anything upon entering a match in progress... That just proves my point about shit players. I have entered matches where the team was down by 2500 and we still won by a good amount. To be honest I can't even tell you the last time that I was placed into an in progress match that was witin 3000 points of ending.

If you think that they are putting an end to killstreaks being easy to get then you are crazy. It is not hard at all to get an 11 killstreak in any CoD game. Not to mention all that is going to happen is people are going to sit in corners more often than they already did.

My question is how much time did the people that bitch about this game actually put into it.

That was pretty much it for me. I suck at online games and didn't have the time last fall to put into MW2 that I did CoD 4 when it came out so I fell way behind the curve pretty quickly since I was lucky to get 2-5 hours a week in.

I'm still busy as heck this fall, but should be able to get in 10-15 hours a week if I put aside other hobbies like movies for a while, so I'm hoping I'll suck a tad less and enjoy MW2 more.

The one thing that I do not like about the MW series though is the perks. The good players rank up faster and get the best perks which makes it even rougher on us sucky players who take longer to get them and may never reach some upper level ones. As well as the kill streaks that I hardly ever get and get killed with repeatedly!

But that's the game so I just roll with that and try not to go to negatively. And honestly my crappy KDR isn't any worse in the MW games than it is in say Halo Reach that doesn't have perks or kill streaks.

[quote name='mvp828']Yea like I said that happens to shit players. I have never entered a match in progress and been nuked. Overall I think I was only nuked twice. Once by a booster when the people first started doing it, and another time when I played against 6 people that I usually play with.

As for not being able to od anything upon entering a match in progress... That just proves my point about shit players. I have entered matches where the team was down by 2500 and we still won by a good amount. To be honest I can't even tell you the last time that I was placed into an in progress match that was witin 3000 points of ending.

If you think that they are putting an end to killstreaks being easy to get then you are crazy. It is not hard at all to get an 11 killstreak in any CoD game. Not to mention all that is going to happen is people are going to sit in corners more often than they already did.

My question is how much time did the people that bitch about this game actually put into it.[/QUOTE]

SR-71 Blackbird (see players + direction they're facing) + Hardened (bullet penetration). :D

We already had a big argument about the fairness of killstreaks in MW2 earlier in the thread, as well...

I personally think it'll be better because there are no extremely-strong-with-no-reload-time killstreaks this time around. I don't even really expect to get an 11KS, and I'd rather go for Spy Plane/Care Package/Blackbird or Mortar strike, myself, rather than dogs or a chopper gunner (which almost looks weak).

[quote name='mvp828']Yea like I said that happens to shit players. I have never entered a match in progress and been nuked. Overall I think I was only nuked twice. Once by a booster when the people first started doing it, and another time when I played against 6 people that I usually play with.

As for not being able to do anything upon entering a match in progress... That just proves my point about shit players. I have entered matches where the team was down by 2500 and we still won by a good amount. To be honest I can't even tell you the last time that I was placed into an in progress match that was witin 3000 points of ending.

My question is how much time did the people that bitch about this game actually put into it.[/QUOTE]

I played from release and the last time I played according to Xbox.com was Feb 25. I still play on and off with a buddy on his PS3, the game is honestly trash, nothings changed since I stopped playing, all the same bullshit that I see on the PS3 is still there when I used to play on the 360.

The players are still douchebag tryhards who sit in corners with heartbeat sensors. Or people sitting in bushes in maps with foliage with heartbeat sensors. The respawns are still amazingly stupid and people spawn behind you all the time.

I agree getting 11 kills in a row won't be hard especially if they fixed the respawn bullshit but at the very least when people get 11 kills it's not always going to be the same thing like it was when someone got 25 and got a nuke. There's a chopper and dogs, both of which can be countered easily.

I think this fact by itself would and could solely extend the life of this game for even casual players because they can feel like they still have a chance instead of joining a game with a nuke counting down or just getting dominated by harrier after pavelow after harrier.

LOL.

I love the "if you hated it you must have been terrible at it" logic here. I loathe Gears of War 2 MP with a passion yet last I recall I abandoned that game with an off host 1.3 K/D in both Execution and Wingman. Funny how that shit works, eh?

At 9th Prestige with a 1.2 K/D and a nuke or two under my belt I'd like to think I've probably played the game long enough to surpass any average player's asinine requirements to bitch about it, but I guess you learn something new everyday, huh? :roll:

FYI: Balance issues are main reason I no longer enjoy playing it, but still do on occasion for friends. Now I'm 99% positive that doesn't qualify as "unplayable" either but shit I wasn't the one jumping to conclusions was I?

[quote name='BingoBrown']
Outside of the glitches and cheating, my biggest complaint was that Infinity Ward didn't do enough to advance the franchise. CoD4 was a revelation that many subsequent games have tried to emulate. MW2 did not have any of that innovation. Essentially it was a tweaked CoD4 with death streaks.

I see a lot more innovation coming in Black Ops, at least from the previews. The credit system is a nice addition, which has obviously been done in Halo: Reach, but not with the same kind of leveling perk system CoD employs. The wager matches are a really cool addition to earning credits. The theater mode has been around since Halo 3, but this is the first CoD to have it. There's a lot more customization available for your character in Black Ops, including gun customization. These are the additions I can come up with off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more.

I feel like Infinity Ward got lazy with MW2. Maybe it had something to do with the contentious relationship they had with Activision. Or maybe they couldn't see the forest for the trees. Whatever the problem, I felt like there were high expectations for MW2, and it failed to deliver in many respects. But Treyarch seems to be learning from Infinity Ward's mistakes.[/QUOTE]

Okay you can say that it didn't add a lot of stuff, but did it promise to. I don't remember IW or Activision or anyone else saying that it was going to complete reform video games as we know it. I believe it was plugged as "the sequel to the multiple Game of the Year award winner". So to say that it was disappointing because it didn't have any innovation is just flat out ignorant.

As for Treyarch's additions, the only thing that I can think of that is original is the wager mode. The credit system was used before Reach in another Treyarch game, Quantum of Solace. The recording mode has been in Halo as you said, and the character customization has been in other games as well.

So can you really say that Black Ops is innovative? I would say no. Is it new to Call of Duty... Yes.

[quote name='hustletron']

The players are still douchebag tryhards who sit in corners with heartbeat sensors. Or people sitting in bushes in maps with foliage with heartbeat sensors. The respawns are still amazingly stupid and people spawn behind you all the time.

I agree getting 11 kills in a row won't be hard especially if they fixed the respawn bullshit but at the very least when people get 11 kills it's not always going to be the same thing like it was when someone got 25 and got a nuke. There's a chopper and dogs, both of which can be countered easily.

I think this fact by itself would and could solely extend the life of this game for even casual players because they can feel like they still have a chance instead of joining a game with a nuke counting down or just getting dominated by harrier after pavelow after harrier. [/QUOTE]

Okay, heartbeat sensors and nukes are all easily countered with any skill whatsoever.

As for casual players, feeling like they have a chance I gotta disagree with that. Casual players had a chance when they would get a chopper gunner or get a predator that got them enough kills for another killstreak. Sure they will get stuff out of packages, but the standard kill streaks are still going to leave them needing enough kills to get the next one.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.'] LOL.

I love the "if you hated it you must have been terrible at it" logic here. I loathe Gears of War 2 MP with a passion yet last I recall I abandoned that game with an off host 1.3 K/D in both Execution and Wingman. Funny how that shit works, eh?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know I was talking about Gears 2... Because clearly a 3rd person game is the same as a FPS... I mean you use a gun in both games... And... And... Oh wait that's pretty much where the similarities stop.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']At 9th Prestige with a 1.2 K/D and a nuke or two under my belt I'd like to think I've probably played the game long enough to surpass any average player's asinine requirements to bitch about it, but I guess you learn something new everyday, huh? :roll:

FYI: Balance issues are main reason I no longer enjoy playing it, but still do on occasion for friends. Now I'm 99% positive that doesn't qualify as "unplayable" either but shit I wasn't the one jumping to conclusions was I?[/QUOTE]

Balance issues? Like what? Please explain. I would say that until you do my assumption is pretty spot on because the only reasonable thing I have heard so far out of everyone is that the spawns are jacked sometimes.

I don't think it's ignorant to dislike a sequel for not adding enough. One of the biggest problems in gaming is sequelitis with companies repackaging pretty much the same game every year or two for $60.

Now, I didn't have that gripe with MW2 really, I thought it mixed things up enough as FPS games don't have a lot of non-gimmicky stuff to add. Just saying I don't think it's ignorant to find a game disappointing because lack of innovation. Lack of innovation is a major problem with gaming today as it's the same old crap and motion control crap being the new wave.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I don't think it's ignorant to dislike a sequel for not adding enough. One of the biggest problems in gaming is sequelitis with companies repackaging pretty much the same game every year or two for $60.

Now, I didn't have that gripe with MW2 really, I thought it mixed things up enough as FPS games don't have a lot of non-gimmicky stuff to add. Just saying I don't think it's ignorant to find a game disappointing because lack of innovation. Lack of innovation is a major problem with gaming today as it's the same old crap and motion control crap being the new wave.[/QUOTE]

I know what you're saying Dmaul, but I am talking about people who are expecting something that was never even talked about being there in the first place.

That would be like going to an action movie and then complaining because there weren't any good romance scenes... Did it say there were going to be romance scenes... No. Okay, than why are people complaining.

[quote name='BingoBrown']

I feel like Infinity Ward got lazy with MW2. Maybe it had something to do with the contentious relationship they had with Activision. Or maybe they couldn't see the forest for the trees. Whatever the problem, I felt like there were high expectations for MW2, and it failed to deliver in many respects. But Treyarch seems to be learning from Infinity Ward's mistakes.[/QUOTE]

Okay you can say that it didn't add a lot of stuff, but did it promise to. I don't remember IW or Activision or anyone else saying that it was going to complete reform video games as we know it. I believe it was plugged as "the sequel to the multiple Game of the Year award winner". So to say that it was disappointing because it didn't have any innovation is just flat out ignorant.

As for Treyarch's additions, the only thing that I can think of that is original is the wager mode. The credit system was used before Reach in another Treyarch game, Quantum of Solace. The recording mode has been in Halo as you said, and the character customization has been in other games as well.

So can you really say that Black Ops is innovative? I would say no. Is it new to Call of Duty... Yes.

I didn't say they were hard to counter. I said they were tactics employed by douchebag tryhards, which comprise the major population of MW2, not necessarilly regarding nukes but the hiding in bushes with HBS.

I didn't say nukes were hard to counter I said people don't like joining a game only to find a nuke countdown.

As far as the $$$ HBS campers, yeah it's easy to counter them, again, didn't say it was hard, I said it was a douchebag tactic, I only brought it up because I was playing at a buddy's house last night and someone was doing it.

I watched the kill cam and saw where he was, threw a semtex, killed him. Couple minutes later I'm running by the same area, he's back again. The shit gets old is what I'm saying. It has nothing to do with skill. I'm sure there's still going to be a lot of camping in BO but at least they don't have a HBS to compliment the camper and overall I just think BO will be a superior game to MW2 because of the changes.

the game is off the wall! any CAG's get it early? send me a friend req. so we can play! im playing with my little one on his 360, but i'll be trowing it in mine, in a little bit.

[quote name='fullhavok']the game is off the wall! any CAG's get it early? send me a friend req. so we can play! im playing with my little one on his 360, but i'll be trowing it in mine, in a little bit.[/QUOTE]

You lucky, lucky bastard.

bread's done
Back