Call of Duty: The War Collection coming soon

This is where I have a problem with this bundle. Its called COD The War Collection because its the COD WWII games that were released for the 360.

Fine.

However, didn't they release COD original on XBLA? This bundle should include a code for COD og.

[quote name='slickkill77']Cod 2 was a very good game when it came out and cod 3 was a lot of fun especially online.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree with you on COD3 online, it has my favorite online of the series. Fun class based multiplayer with some really great maps.

this is obviously GARBAGE because it does NOT include COD4 Modern Warfare 1! That would be the true COD War Collection...this sould be renamed the CRAP COLLECTION that you can pick up for approx $5 each except W@W which might cost ya $10 or so!

[quote name='Camwi']No.

When was the last time you people actually searched for CoD2 online? The cheapest it goes for on Amazon is around $55 shipped, and the cheapest I can find it on eBay for is $43 shipped. (I'm talking about the 360 version, mind you)

Tack on $20 a piece for the other two games and in the end you actually are saving some money with this bundle.[/QUOTE]

Who buys a nearly 5 year old game new when you can find it used for dirt cheap?

[quote name='mogamer']Who buys a nearly 5 year old game new when you can find it used for dirt cheap?[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Only a collector is going to pay a massive premium for sealed copies of games when there are cheap used copies available in large quantities. Call of Duty 2 is $13 used at GameStop.

This is the worst deal ever. I hope no one buys any of these and activision loses tons of money for being greedy fucks. I bought CoD 2 for $3 CoD 3 for free when I got my 360 and W@W I never even bought it because it sucked. I guess we are going to have Guitar Hero Collection next where they get all 20 GH games and sell them in a bundle for $20 a piece

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']I guess we are going to have Guitar Hero Collection next where they get all 20 GH games and sell them in a bundle for $20 a piece[/QUOTE]

Do not give them any ideas!

There's too many inexpensive used copies floating around out there for this to be enticing. Might be a good seller overseas though.

[quote name='mogamer']Who buys a nearly 5 year old game new when you can find it used for dirt cheap?[/QUOTE]

I don't buy used games, so I'm one of those people.

Did that guy just comment on a post in the future? Why the fuck would you waste your powers on a video game forum? Go bet on the NBA Finals.

I wonder why they didn't include a download code for the original Call of Duty. I think if they included that plus all the DLC for previous games it would be worth $60 at release and then sell well for $30 to $40 after a couple of months.

[quote name='Halo05']I'm rarely, if ever, the guy to scream "not a deal" but seriously, the bundle should be $30.[/QUOTE]

Considering that Call of Duty 2 was an Xbox 360 launch game? Unless it was "remastered" in some way that made the extra bucks worth it, this is Activision milking the property further.

The only two worthy games are COD2 and WaW. COD3 was pretty buggy, especially on the PS3 with really bad sound issues. As for the other two...I figure those that wanted these games already have them (especially on PC for the mods).

This is just Activision milking that COD nipple for all it's worth. If they haven't proven it already, this proves they have no shame.

I used to be probably THE biggest COD fan ever. I've been playing their games religiously since they made MoH: AA at 2015. But lately...especially after gearing the games towards casual/console players, the brand and community have gone to shit. Most players I come across I'd like to choke out.

Not to mention the "hold me by the hand" gameplay designs. UAV in MP? It's like a poor man's wall hack. Couple that with the ability to shoot through multiple walls (with the same accuracy and damage)...and you have a game that is exploited by many who lack the skill to wipe their own asses.

PC gamers need a new in-depth online shooter. I miss the early days...UT, Quake 3, Tribes, COD 1&2, BF2, etc.

I'd rather eat vomit out of a hospital bed pan with a rusty spoon for a month before I buy another COD game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will only be good if they
1) Include all the DLC
2) Have all online maps cross game, any other words you start off with a ton maps and options.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Anyone ACTUALLY gonna buy this? Seriously, not only is this a rip off price, but who wants to sit around and pay 60 bucks to play COD2 and 3?[/QUOTE]

I will. (I don't buy used games.) MW2 online has worn thin with me and I don't play it anymore. World at War is still $40 and I have never played it (been looking to get it for ~$30 for months but apparently it never goes on sale.) CoD 2 has very fun single player and I sold mine off a long time ago so it's worth it to me to rebuy it. CoD 3 is meh (I rented it on PS3 back when there was nothing to play on that console) but worth it for a rainy day when there's nothing else to do and I'm just in the mood for mindless shooting.

[quote name='Camwi']I don't buy used games, so I'm one of those people.[/QUOTE]

Then I can see you buying a game new when it's released or after it has a price drop. But waiting for several years and then buying it new for collector prices is financially foolish, when you can find it cheap used. I thought the reason people come to CAG was to save money?

[quote name='mogamer']Then I can see you buying a game new when it's released or after it has a price drop. But waiting for several years and then buying it new for collector prices is financially foolish, when you can find it cheap used. I thought the reason people come to CAG was to save money?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for telling me what to do with my money, mom. :p

[quote name='Camwi']Thanks for telling me what to do with my money, mom. :p[/QUOTE]

Hey, you're welcome! :lol:

[quote name='Camwi']Thanks for telling me what to do with my money, mom. :p[/QUOTE]

I know you're joking, but seriously, getting tips on saving money of games (i.e. "what to do with our money") is the whole point of this site. This kind of rude comment, even if a joke, is not necessary here.

[quote name='dannyox718']I know you're joking, but seriously, getting tips on saving money of games (i.e. "what to do with our money") is the whole point of this site. This kind of rude comment, even if a joke, is not necessary here.[/QUOTE]

I'd say a lighthearted comment made to a fellow CAG is exactly what this site needs. There's too many pissed-off people on this site, as I'm sure you'll see after you've been here longer than 3 months. You'd think that with all the money being saved that everyone would be cheerful while here, but it tends to be the opposite far too often.

[quote name='Tate Donovan']I will. (I don't buy used games.) MW2 online has worn thin with me and I don't play it anymore. World at War is still $40 and I have never played it (been looking to get it for ~$30 for months but apparently it never goes on sale.) CoD 2 has very fun single player and I sold mine off a long time ago so it's worth it to me to rebuy it. CoD 3 is meh (I rented it on PS3 back when there was nothing to play on that console) but worth it for a rainy day when there's nothing else to do and I'm just in the mood for mindless shooting.[/QUOTE]

W@W is 19.99 at Fred Meyer, a Northwest chain, right now. That probably doesn't help you, but I think it shows that you can get the game for way less than $40. But then again I'm just against this whole idea.

No, I don't live in the Northwest. I do like watching Sounders games on TV tho.

I haven't been looking obsessively, but I have checked for sales on W@W for a couple of months now. I haven't seen it for anything less than around $40.

[quote name='Gerbar']not really, you can get all of them for less separately, just another way for Activision to milk the series.[/QUOTE]
Sure, if you want mangled used copies &/or PH boxarts. Some of us prefer new & sealed only.

***EDIT***

Irregardless, this isn't a deal. If it sells for MSRP, get it out of here.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']

'Not to mention the "hold me by the hand" gameplay designs...'[/QUOTE]

I hear you brother man. These types of games are the 'button mashers' of first person shooters; e.g. perks = one button combos.

Unless W@W drops in price between now and whenever this comes out, it is a deal. As of now, you can't get all three games new from one place for $60. Maybe if you scoured the internets and got lucky with some YMMV deals you could, but that would take luck and/or a significant amount of time. If you like CoD and don't have any of these games, then it's worth it and I will buy it.

[quote name='Tate Donovan']Unless W@W drops in price between now and whenever this comes out, it is a deal. As of now, you can't get all three games new from one place for $60. Maybe if you scoured the internets and got lucky with some YMMV deals you could, but that would take luck and/or a significant amount of time. If you like CoD and don't have any of these games, then it's worth it and I will buy it.[/QUOTE]

Well seeing as many places have been putting :360: CoD W@W on sale for $19.99, Fred Meyers being one this week.
I could see a MSRP drop to $19.99 in the next few months...

Anyways I think I've said before that I could see myself picking this up on sale for $40 or under. But I don't have any major problems with these CoD games. While not as great as MW1 & 2, not that bad really.

Saw the collection at TRU. It comes in a standard, single game case with no slipcase whatsoever. Not sure if it has 3 discs inside or everything on 1 disc though.

I see these all the time on eBay going in the $20s.

It's funny that it looks almost exactly like the WAW Collector's Edition too.

And it's even funnier that WAW still gets $15 on eBay. Almost as funny as how long stores were selling COD4 for full price.

[quote name='rp71284']I take back the eBay thing...

I've never seen a game go for such weird values.... its sold for $14 and sold for $54... weird[/QUOTE]
It's the new Orange Box!

[quote name='Halo05']I'm rarely, if ever, the guy to scream "not a deal" but seriously, the bundle should be $30.[/QUOTE]

I could live with $39.99 for all three, but I agree. I'd be playing COD:WAW 75% or more of the time, so it should almost be you buy that for $30 or $39.99, and get the other two titles (COD 2 and COD 3) free.

bread's done
Back