Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

WoooHoooo

New maps just announced on the COD website

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/189

"New conflicts are on the horizon for Call of Duty: World at War! We're pleased to introduce the contents of our first Downloadable Content (DLC) Map Pack for World at War, which includes three new Multiplayer levels, as well as an additional level for the ever-popular bonus Co-Op mode, Nazi Zombies!"

:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mike.m']I think this game's MP is starting to bore me. Maybe its because I'm burnt out on it, or maybe because I still like COD4 better. A double exp weekend and I barely play enough to squeak out about 4 levels in my current prestige.[/quote]

Agreed. I found right from the start the maps were far too big for the amount of players.

New DLC soon tho.

[quote name='will52']Agreed. I found right from the start the maps were far too big for the amount of players.

New DLC soon tho.[/quote]

This, and this again.

The maps in the game are decent...not great but decent....but they become extremely boring given that the teams are so small. I dont understand why they make war games that are only 5 on 5 through 9 on 9.

Come on now...its a war game put some damn people in it. Every war game should be at least 12 on 12.

Regular TDM only supports 6 on 6...that is fucking horrid. Maps like Outskirts, Sealow (Seelow?) become a chore to play with ony 6 people on the opposing side. I am not saying that COD4 didnt do this exact same thing but at least that had the sense to make the maps small. This is the reason I only play ground war beause its the only mode that supports 9 on 9 which is still to damn small.

DLC is alright but only if they make the maps the right size and less....boring I guess. Heaven only knows we need another 5 square mile map so that the six of us dont feel to cramped. I really could care less about the zombie mode though.

Hey guys. Just got this. Looking forward to playing with some CAGs. Send me a friend request if you're interested. Thanks!

Is there a CAG CoD:WaW night?

[quote name='Soodmeg']This, and this again.

The maps in the game are decent...not great but decent....but they become extremely boring given that the teams are so small. I dont understand why they make war games that are only 5 on 5 through 9 on 9.

Come on now...its a war game put some damn people in it. Every war game should be at least 12 on 12.

Regular TDM only supports 6 on 6...that is fucking horrid. Maps like Outskirts, Sealow (Seelow?) become a chore to play with ony 6 people on the opposing side. I am not saying that COD4 didnt do this exact same thing but at least that had the sense to make the maps small. This is the reason I only play ground war beause its the only mode that supports 9 on 9 which is still to damn small.

DLC is alright but only if they make the maps the right size and less....boring I guess. Heaven only knows we need another 5 square mile map so that the six of us dont feel to cramped. I really could care less about the zombie mode though.[/quote]

The game lags enough as is, do you really want to double the amount of people? Games would crash within the first 20 seconds when 48 grenades go flying through the air.

Yes, yes I do.

Just tell treyarch not to suck when they make it. And random grenades are not nearly as bad as they were in COD4.

You havent played on the hardest difficulty then have you lol...

Ive had four grenades land right where i am....and its happen quite often.

I have 1000/1000 the game.

I meant grenades for multiplayer. The SP was horrid in ways that I cant even go over. I try to block it out.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Agreed. I'm looking to buy COD4 again because, let's be honest, everyone has had much more fun on COD4 than COD5.[/quote]

EXACTLY!

That is my point and has been the entire time. Thanks chrono for the simply view of my feelings.

Dont get me wrong...the game is solid but every single thing that Treyarch did in this game is simply better in COD4.Its strange because its almost backwards like CODWAW should have came out first and COD4 is the sequel that fixes all the flaws.

COD4 is that fun guy that everyone wants to work with.....but instead you get stuck with the nice but slightly awkward CODWAW. He decent guy but you definitely dont want to do a project with him.

[quote name='jello00']Hey guys. Just got this. Looking forward to playing with some CAGs. Send me a friend request if you're interested. Thanks!

Is there a CAG CoD:WaW night?[/quote]

Honestly for some of us, Every night is COD:WaW night

Looking forward to the DLC. Although not better than cod4 I
enjoying this and will play it until the sequel to modern warfare.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I have 1000/1000 the game.

I meant grenades for multiplayer. The SP was horrid in ways that I cant even go over. I try to block it out.[/quote]

Ahright, sorry...
Lol ok, it will never be spoken off again :)

Im currently working my through it on Veteran :censored::headache:...i get angry quite easily.

After play Nazi zombies for the first time this week... I'm wondering why they are only adding one additional level in the DLC. The level included is very small so I don't see why they wouldn't be fairly easy to make.

the game is solid but every single thing that Treyarch did in this game is simply better in COD4.

To be fair, the dogs were a really nice addition.....a lot more interactive and fun than the air strikes in COD4.

Otherwise, no, it's probably not "as great". Yet oddly, I find myself very much into the multiplayer of COD5. It's like, at the beginning, I had a hard time getting into it after COD4 and didn't think it was all that great. Yet as time has passed I find myself playing this more after the fact than COD4.

Some of the maps are a lot of fun -- if you're going to do a "quick kill" map I'd rather have "Dome" than "Roundhouse" or whatever that lame level was in COD4's DLC, but I've really got to be in the mood for Selow or the tank-dominated maps. Overall I liked this game a great deal more than I thought. The single player can't hold a candle to COD4 but it still was a lot more fun than most games I played last year.

That said I can't wait for COD6...or COD4-2, or COD MODERN 2...or whatever they will call it ;)

I have been trying to use the shotgun for close quarters maps with minimal success. Whats perks doe everyone use? I have the grip equiped with the doubled barreled shotgun, sleight of hand and dead silence. Does anyone recommed a different configuration?

Also, I hope the next cod gives a better reward for unlocking prestige. An extra slot isn't really a big deal. I'm a level 64 right now and I am kinda looking forward to starting over and playing around with all the guns. I pretty much stick to the Thompson, MP40, and STG.

What is everyones' favorite weapon?

My set up for the double is

Grip
Sleight of Hand
Extreme Conditioning.

I still to this day have no idea why anyone uses dead silence. 95% of the people playing dont even have their head sets on let alone the attention span to actually listen for a guy running up behind them. Its a good perk in theory but its wasted on the common XBL player.

As for guns.
I love all of the Bolt Actions non scoped but stick with the Springfield. Although since Treyarch hates them I find myself only using them when I want to play around and not actually win the round.

When I want to actually win a game I rock the gas powered sniper beacuse with all of the practice with BA I am a snap shot with it. Then I replace my hand gun with whatever gun is lying on the ground which is usually a MP-40 so I can move around the level and get to better sniper spots.

Other than that I really dont like any of the guns in the game. But a Thompson would be 2nd after every BA and the PST.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
I still to this day have no idea why anyone uses dead silence. 95% of the people playing dont even have their head sets on let alone the attention span to actually listen for a guy running up behind them. Its a good perk in theory but its wasted on the common XBL player.
[/quote]

Having a headset has no effect on Dead Silence... Dead Silence eliminates the sound that you make while walking that is played through the speakers... I used to use it occasionally during COD4, but have since stopped since I am much more biased to Extreme Conditioning.

As for my personal favorite guns and classes, they are:

MP40 - Silenced
Bomb Squad/Satchel/Bandolier (depending on the level)
Stopping Power
Extreme Conditioning

Gewher - Rifle Grenade (I love the iron sights for it)
no perk one
Stopping Power/Fireworks - depending on my mood
Martyrdom
(^ this is my asshole class)

PPSH - Round drum
Bandolier
Stopping Power
Extreme Conditioning

Also for Cliffside I will occasionally use

Springfield w/ scope
Bouncing Betty
Stopping Power
Extreme Conditioning or Second Chance
(^my pistol is usually replaced instantly)

[quote name='mvp828']Having a headset has no effect on Dead Silence... Dead Silence eliminates the sound that you make while walking that is played through the speakers... [/quote]

I know that. Dead silence is a tactics perk. Common XBL players could care less about tactics......hence most of them dont even plug in a head set let alone use it for anything other than singing and trash talking.

Headset communication is probably the easily tactic in the game for winning and most people dont even bother with that. So there is no way in hell they are going to be listening for in game sounds.

I'm suprised more people don't actually listen for footsteps? Personally I listen for them all the time. I used dead silence with a silenced MP40 and I feel like it works wonders.

Either way I'm going to try out extreme conditioning as that is a perk I have ignored for the most part.

Yeah, Dead Silence is a great idea, but mostly a waste of a perk slot. When using my tv speakers footsteps would not be clear enough until too late, but once I got a 5.1 system, I've been saved by hearing footsteps behind me while sniping a bunch. However, how many people have 5.1 systems? Not enough to use that perk.

[quote name='ivanctorres']I have been trying to use the shotgun for close quarters maps with minimal success. Whats perks doe everyone use? I have the grip equiped with the doubled barreled shotgun, sleight of hand and dead silence. Does anyone recommed a different configuration?

Also, I hope the next cod gives a better reward for unlocking prestige. An extra slot isn't really a big deal. I'm a level 64 right now and I am kinda looking forward to starting over and playing around with all the guns. I pretty much stick to the Thompson, MP40, and STG.

What is everyones' favorite weapon?[/quote]

I just maxed out toady and I am debating about Prestige. I actually want the extra custom slot, but I am not looking forward to trying to unlock everything again.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I just maxed out toady and I am debating about Prestige. I actually want the extra custom slot, but I am not looking forward to trying to unlock everything again.[/QUOTE]

I just prestiged for the first time last nite and I did it without hesitation. The extra custom slot is nice but It would be nice if there was some other perk for prestiging. The early levels are tough without any custom slots and with crappy perks equipped but I got through the worst of it.

I am level 10 and just unlocked the MP40 which is by far my favorite gun.

Also, the thing about prestiging is that it gives me an opportunity to go back and try some guns that I neglected. I am really having fun with the Gewher and the Type 99. I think I am going to stick with the Gewher. It seems like a lot of people are partial to that gun and I am starting to understand why.

See here is the thing I dont get about prestiging. People say it gives them a chance to use other guns. But its not like you cant use the Type 99 and the Gewher without it. I have been at 65 for like 4 months...(same thing with COD4) and I switch my class every other day. The extra custom slot isnt that big of a deal me. People rarely ever use more than 2 or 3 in a give game anyway.

I really just dont get prestiging the entire aspect is completely lost on me.

[quote name='Soodmeg']See here is the thing I dont get about prestiging. People say it gives them a chance to use other guns. But its not like you cant use the Type 99 and the Gewher without it. I have been at 65 for like 4 months...(same thing with COD4) and I switch my class every other day. The extra custom slot isnt that big of a deal me. People rarely ever use more than 2 or 3 in a give game anyway.

I really just dont get prestiging the entire aspect is completely lost on me.[/QUOTE]

The thing about Call of Duty like another RPG like game its the leveling that brings me back. I know that without the leveling system the game would be great but leveling, unlocking perks, challenges, and guns puts the game on another level.

This is one of the reasons that I am excited about Killzone 2.

I got put in a match with this guy last night, and he was a real prick. He was on my team, and when the match started (on Downfall), I started running for one of the tanks on the far side of our end of the map.

Suddenly I get dropped into last stand, and I turn around to see what happened. Wish I hadn't turned, cause I could have shot him before he got around the corner ahead of me if I would have kept looking the direction I was running.

So I hook up my mic to say "what the hell", and this guy proclaims himself to be the best on the team and that he deserves the tank, as his justification for shooting me. Funnily enough, he got sniped around the corner. I asked the host to kick him, but he started taunting me, saying that he was the host, and he could kill me all he wanted. He did drop me into last stand again, but an enemy finished me off.

So I started throwing stick grenades on his tank, and team-killed him once before leaving the match.

Long story short, PM me for this guys Gamertag if you are interested in giving him some of his own medicine. If you get on this guys team on LIVE, give him a headshot, knife him, or just shoot him. Maybe save it till he's got a streak going, then pop him right before he gets artillery or dogs. Or when he's going for a tank, that would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, i dont play COD but i found this hillarious clip from the Whitest Kids U know show. I think you guys will find it funny...well if oyu havent seen it yet..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S12z6hxa5cw[/media]

enjoy :D

I have no clue if its the same as COD4 FluxDF -

If anyone wants to play tonight after 10pm Central - add me up, I group up with a couple guys, we could always use more

They just released an update for this game. Supposedly fixes the glitches in the game dealing with "rocket jumping" and "elevator" glitching. In addition to the update they also are giving us a free map. Makin (Daytime)!!!

[quote name='gamcreator']They just released an update for this game. Supposedly fixes the glitches in the game dealing with "rocket jumping" and "elevator" glitching. In addition to the update they also are giving us a free map. Makin (Daytime)!!![/quote]

Can anyone confirm which glitches were fixed? ;)

[quote name='shigster']Can anyone confirm which glitches were fixed? ;)[/QUOTE]

# Added support for downloadable maps – free downloadable map “Makin Day” now available to Xbox 360 & PS3.
# Improved geographical matchmaking.
# Nazi Zombies is now unlocked for solo & co-op games for EVERYONE in both private and public games!
# Added defensive measures to prevent “Stats Reset” when corrupt data is detected.
# Addressed issues where some solo progression data was lost when a player had collected Death Cards in a split-screen co-op game.
# Patched all known MP map exploits – this fix will also prevent players from passing through geometry/terrain if a new hole is discovered.
# Patched a number of Nazi Zombie exploits.
# Addressed an issue commonly referred to as the “elevator glitch.”
# Disabled “Rocket Jumping” – this eliminates the extra boost created by all explosive weapon types.
# Addressed some score reporting anomalies in the War and CTF leaderboards.
# Blocked the ability of players with lower level accounts from accessing higher-level Perks.
# Addressed an issue in Search & Destroy where bomb planting/defusing was disabled when opening the overhead map.
# Disabled ability to get unlimited ammo when prone with a deployed bipod.
# Addressed an issue with Bouncing Betties triggering when the player is within the detonation radius but behind a solid wall.
# Improved squad functionality.
# Fixed an exploit where Hardcore matches could be ended immediately by team killing.

That is the list of issues that have been fixed in the Title Update. I still haven't had time to check any of the glitches to see which have been fixed and which haven't.

I almost regret getting rid of this now, I couldnt force myself to play it anymore after last week...oh well, daytime makin could be cool

[quote name='BL00DW0LF']I almost regret getting rid of this now, I couldnt force myself to play it anymore after last week...oh well, daytime makin could be cool[/quote]

The only reason I hadn't totally given up on it and went back to COD4 was the sheer amount of friends I have playing WAW. Its still fun to game with my homies.

So I just started playing this online again since I finally got internet at my new place and I gotta say, I am not having fun. I get respawned in front of an enemy so much it makes me want to pull my hair out. Also, I thought the dogs were a cool idea at first but I hate those little bastards now. The satisfaction gained from calling them in does not compare to the frustration experienced from getting killed by them at least 3 times a match.

Maybe I am just rusty, but it also feels like the auto aim has been reduced. I used to be a crack shot before my hiatus, particularly with the bolt actions, but now I can't hit anyone if they are moving.

Long story short, I am seriously regretting getting rid of COD 4.

[quote name='dropbearGSH']So I just started playing this online again since I finally got internet at my new place and I gotta say, I am not having fun. I get respawned in front of an enemy so much it makes me want to pull my hair out. Also, I thought the dogs were a cool idea at first but I hate those little bastards now. The satisfaction gained from calling them in does not compare to the frustration experienced from getting killed by them at least 3 times a match.

Maybe I am just rusty, but it also feels like the auto aim has been reduced. I used to be a crack shot before my hiatus, particularly with the bolt actions, but now I can't hit anyone if they are moving.

Long story short, I am seriously regretting getting rid of COD 4.[/QUOTE]

Thats how it was for me. I had a positive k/d almost all the time but it just wasnt fun, I switched back to COD4 and im glad I did...I still have a slight interest in playing this, mostly because of the upcoming map pack, but i'll wait for some feedback before i consider buying it back

Daytime Makin isn't all that lit up. It is a little more sunny out but I would say the Makin map has the lighting effect of dawn when the sun just comes out.

The map isn't really day time like "courtyard", "outskirts", and the other day time maps but it is a little "lighter" than nighttime Makin.

I'm really enjoying the game. I won't say if it is better than COD4 because I haven't played COD4 in a long time so it would be unfair to compare but, I do enjoy tanks and dogs immensely.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Daytime Makin isn't all that lit up. It is a little more sunny out but I would say the Makin map has the lighting effect of dawn when the sun just comes out.

The map isn't really day time like "courtyard", "outskirts", and the other day time maps but it is a little "lighter" than nighttime Makin.

I'm really enjoying the game. I won't say if it is better than COD4 because I haven't played COD4 in a long time so it would be unfair to compare but, I do enjoy tanks and dogs immensely.[/QUOTE]

I think the Makin day map is too bright, but I can't argue with a free map.

I am not going to hate on this...a free map is a free map. Played it....exact same as Makin night.

I just hope this isnt the start of a trend. Making a pure cosmetic changes and calling it a new map.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am not going to hate on this...a free map is a free map. Played it....exact same as Makin night.

I just hope this isnt the start of a trend. Making a pure cosmetic changes and calling it a new map.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to get my eyesight checked until Soodmeg chimed in. I thought I as missing something for a second. :cool:

Did they change most the maps? I obviously realize the spawn points are completely different now, but the maps seem like they tweaked a lot of objects and some feel like they expanded them particularly Roundhouse. It seems like they added alot of extras to the corners of that map. So far I'm not caring much for the changes.

I seem to spawn directly in front of enemies frequently too.

hey im looking for Bad Company
for:
Call of duty 4
NHL08
Sega Superstar tennis w/ arcade
Sneak king.(gay but achievements)
Prizefighter
Tony Hawks Project 8
try a trade for bad company

[quote name='dbais31']hey im looking for Bad Company
for:
Call of duty 4
NHL08
Sega Superstar tennis w/ arcade
Sneak king.(gay but achievements)
Prizefighter
Tony Hawks Project 8
try a trade for bad company[/quote]
Wrong place to post this. Wait your month and make a thread.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am not going to hate on this...a free map is a free map. Played it....exact same as Makin night.

I just hope this isnt the start of a trend. Making a pure cosmetic changes and calling it a new map.[/QUOTE]

As long as it's free, I don't mind the trend. Actually, I thought it would be nice if you could choose the time of day/precipitation like in Madden.

But if nothing else, I'd like to see Cliffside Night, Seelow Night, and a version of Downfall before the war (intact buildings, sun shining, blue skies, green grass and trees). I'd even pay for those.

[quote name='metalgearray']As long as it's free, I don't mind the trend. Actually, I thought it would be nice if you could choose the time of day/precipitation like in Madden.

But if nothing else, I'd like to see Cliffside Night, Seelow Night, and a version of Downfall before the war (intact buildings, sun shining, blue skies, green grass and trees). I'd even pay for those.[/quote]

me too
2.gif

bread's done
Back