[Canada] Blockbuster Summer Sale June 28 - July ??

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Lots of new games (older ones) on sale for $4.99 to $19.99, plus some used games ones at 50% off. Also lots of DVD/BR sales.

Highlights

Used PS3 Batman: Arkham Asylum $34.99 - 50%
Used 360 Batman: Arkham Asylum $39.99 - 50%
Used 360/PS3 Need for Speed Shift $34.99 - 50%
Used 360/PS3 Saw 34.99 - 50%
Used 360/PS3 Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.99 - 50%

All 4.99 games are 50% off = $2.49! Mostly junk, and selection varies a lot between stores so don't get your hopes up but I've seen the following:

360 GH: Aerosmith
360 Splinter Cell Double Agent
360 Dark Sector
360 Narnia
360 Alone in the Dark
360 Incredible Hulk
360 Supreme Commander 1
Wii Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Wii Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
PS3 Devil May Cry 4

Also many unadvertised new games that have dropped in price, it's worth taking a look.

Full flyer:

http://www.blockbuster.ca/BLOCKBUSTER_Flyer_Summer.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='matsam']Looks like I'll get rid of my BBV credit today, hope I find a NG2 and a RB2 for 360![/QUOTE]

I have a NG2 for sale, maybe youll want it.
edit: its new

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I have a NG2 for sale, maybe youll want it.
edit: its new[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, first store I hit had both games, and I used my credit to get them, very happy about not having to drive to 5 different stores!

Oh, by the way, I picked up some general info about a game on sale: Gears of War 2 is pictured in the PDF file, but it's the 2 disc edition of Gears of War 1 that's suppose to be on sale, I guess you could argue with the clerks to get either the GotY or the Limited Edition for 20 bucks, that would end up making a pretty good deal, imo!

[quote name='Super Strokey']I hope KZ2 is 14.99, id like to get that again.[/QUOTE]

Killzone 2 is $19.99

Really unorganized at the stores I went to. Had to drive to 3 different locations just to find one that had any of the games in stock. The $14.99-19.99 ad is pretty misleading as they were all either 9.99 or 19.99 (with the exception of the two 4.99 games).

No indication any used games were on sale and staff were surprised the 4.99 ones scanned half off. good think they don't have to scan a bar code

There were only 9 at 4.99 and I bought 6. Okami, Top spin 3 and space chimps wii, and 360 bourne, narnia and euro 2008. The other 3 were piles of alone in the dark, NHL 2k10 and wartech

Discs are from bad shape to really bad/might not work shape, no instructions for the better 3.

Got okami not too long ago after a year in line on goozex and its the only good game there for the sale /

Oh well cant complain, 2.50 each after getting $10 for similar(but much better condition) crap last summer.

No, but I did see it for $10 at a few BBVs. It's more just for me - I have alot of the 360 JRPGs and am just missing this, Enchanted Arms and RoF. One of those stupid collection things I aim for XD

Ok, Coz Ive also seen it at 10$ but that was 6 months ago, Im regularly going and havent seen it after that...so best of luck to you.

[quote name='zoro69']No indication any used games were on sale and staff were surprised the 4.99 ones scanned half off. good think they don't have to scan a bar code

There were only 9 at 4.99 and I bought 6. Okami, Top spin 3 and space chimps wii, and 360 bourne, narnia and euro 2008. The other 3 were piles of alone in the dark, NHL 2k10 and wartech

Discs are from bad shape to really bad/might not work shape, no instructions for the better 3.

Got okami not too long ago after a year in line on goozex and its the only good game there for the sale /

Oh well cant complain, 2.50 each after getting $10 for similar(but much better condition) crap last summer.[/QUOTE]

Staff was the one that informed me. I picked out Burnout Paradise for $4.99 and when I got to the counter they said it would be $2.58 and I was surprised. Went back and picked up Alone in the Dark (The exact copy I traded in there for $10 about 6 months ago), Hellboy, Chronicles of Narnia and Dynasty Warriors Gundam for $2.50 each.

None the quality of Burnout Paradise. I'm glad I finally got it and at an excellent price of $2.50.

Went to 2 BBV's last night and though I didn't buy anything I got a pretty good look at the games that they had. Though NO games were marked correctly with 50% off, I saw some games that I just might bite on today knowing that alot of people are saying that $4.99 games are actually $2, anyways here are a couple of $4.99 games I saw:

Unreal Tournament 3
Eternal Sonta
The Bourne Conspiracy
NBA Ballers
Clive Barkers Jerico

^I hope you got Eternal Sonata! For $2 it's definitely worth playing. Well, at least look at; the game still looks gorgeous.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Ive found Eternal Sonata at BBV at 4.99 before, I dont think that will happen twice :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's gone now, should have bought it when I had the chance.

I went to my local Blockbusters last night almost immediately after reading about this deal.

If there was deals there, I wouldn't know it. The place was a mess, nothing was in order, nothing was priced properly; it was just an incredible embarassment. I have no idea how some people keep their jobs. :roll:

[quote name='tridon']I went to my local Blockbusters last night almost immediately after reading about this deal.

If there was deals there, I wouldn't know it. The place was a mess, nothing was in order, nothing was priced properly; it was just an incredible embarassment. I have no idea how some people keep their jobs. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Blockbuster!

^lol yeah. I don't really like shopping there, but they do have good deals from time to time. I saw Muramasa at one of them for $15 new...but at another for $40!

Another reason why I don't like shopping there: inconsistent pricing!

[quote name='Eoyote']Killzone 2 is $19.99

Really unorganized at the stores I went to. Had to drive to 3 different locations just to find one that had any of the games in stock. The $14.99-19.99 ad is pretty misleading as they were all either 9.99 or 19.99 (with the exception of the two 4.99 games).[/QUOTE]

arent stores connected to a stock checker? you could get 1 store to check if another has stock

at least it's like that in toronto it seems

"Limit two (2) copies per title per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-Played Games per customer per day."

[quote name='kn00tcn']arent stores connected to a stock checker? you could get 1 store to check if another has stock

at least it's like that in toronto it seems

"Limit two (2) copies per title per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-Played Games per customer per day."[/QUOTE]

I suppose I could have got them to call around if I knew I was going to be dropping by another BBV. I ended up checking 2 more out of convenience as they were near other stores I needed to go to.

[quote name='thegamecubist']^lol yeah. I don't really like shopping there, but they do have good deals from time to time. I saw Muramasa at one of them for $15 new...but at another for $40!

Another reason why I don't like shopping there: inconsistent pricing![/QUOTE]

BBV is terrible that way: their scanned prices aren't even universal. I would've jumped on Muramasa for $15 though: can't find that anywhere and it's pretty pricey on Goozex.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']BBV is terrible that way: their scanned prices aren't even universal. I would've jumped on Muramasa for $15 though: can't find that anywhere and it's pretty pricey on Goozex.[/QUOTE]

It's at the BBV on Sandalwood in Brampton if you're anywhere close lolz

for me, I didn't buy it because I didn't like Odin Sphere all that much. I know Muramasa is more action-based, but Vanillaware games seem too be too focused on flashy graphics at the expense of massive slowdowns :(

i got NFS Shift (360) for 17.50 and due to an error on the register I also got Batman Arkham Asylum (360) for 12.50 !!!

good luck CAGs

[quote name='kn00tcn']"Limit two (2) copies per title per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-Played Games per customer per day."[/QUOTE]
Good rule to help avoid the real bad hoarders.

Checked out the other 2 stores here, the larger on that has the most games didnt have anything of interest at 4.99. Nothing marked at the right price, and no mention of a sale. Quite a few shift.

But the crappy little store i usually dont bother with had a fair number, properly marked at 4.99(apparently they got marked at that last week). no mention of the sale but 1 of the 2 staff knew. The best game was okami again grrr. Ones I havent seen mentioned: 360 quantum of solace, bad company battlefield, naruto rise of ninja, race pro. wii nba live 09 all play and ncaa footballl 09 all play. PS3 facebreaker, NBA 2k8 and aerosmith

Ones i didnt buy were 360 hell boy and wii iron man

Bought 11 games for the credit I got trading in a $10 heroes over europe. Must all be ex rentals with the disc conditions.

Went to the one right by my house. It was picked clean.

Managed to grab Boom Blox for $2 though. But that was pretty much the only worthwhile title there.

SSIV for 14.99 (used rewards coupon) - I thank you.

It was mispriced mind you, but have to bask in the glory of a 44.99 game at 18 bucks!

Mines is already picked clean since I checked there a couple of days ago. Oh well.

[quote name='thegamecubist']
for me, I didn't buy it because I didn't like Odin Sphere all that much. I know Muramasa is more action-based, but Vanillaware games seem too be too focused on flashy graphics at the expense of massive slowdowns :([/QUOTE]
THe EU version of Odin Sphere fixed any slowdown problems that the game originally had. Unfortunately, they failed to fix the broken gameplay, repetitive battle system, constant recycling of enemies, sprites and environments and just being a poor game in general.

And Muramasa isn't that much better since the Classic Controller (which the game was designed for) has 2 fewer buttons than the DS2 and the game design barely accommodated for that; you use Up to jump for shaqfu's sakes. Poor design decision for a game that's supposedly fast paced and actiony, but instead they opted for a button dedicated to eating.

oh wtf, I knew some of the wii all-play ones got decent review. And they do, except the two I got that game rankings has at 48% :(

BBV Edm has Little Big Planet used, non goty, for 9.99. That's cgy trail and 80 ave ish. Pardon the blackberry grammar.

Found COD: WAW for Wii for $10 and Mass Effect for $4.99. Traded both in so I can get RoF tomorrow :)

I feel like a dirty hoarder :/

I heard about the jumping in Muramasa! I know SSB does the same thing, but at least you have the option of using a button.

Wii Music, PoP 360 CE are $10 new.

$4.99 games:
Orange Box, NCAA 09 360
Cars Maternational, Naruto Clash of Ninja 1, Super Swing Golf 2 Wii

Pretty bad selection.

[quote name='poiuiu']
THe EU version of Odin Sphere fixed any slowdown problems that the game originally had. Unfortunately, they failed to fix the broken gameplay, repetitive battle system, constant recycling of enemies, sprites and environments and just being a poor game in general.

And Muramasa isn't that much better since the Classic Controller (which the game was designed for) has 2 fewer buttons than the DS2 and the game design barely accommodated for that; you use Up to jump for shaqfu's sakes. Poor design decision for a game that's supposedly fast paced and actiony, but instead they opted for a button dedicated to eating.[/QUOTE]

And thank you for informing me that your opinion on video games will never matter to me.

Thanks for posting about the BBV sale. I was able to pick up the following (all for the 360):

World Championship Poker: All In -- $2.50
Left 4 Dead (GotY) -- $10
Race Pro -- $2.50
Juiced 2: HIN -- $2.50
Gears of War 2 -- $10
Burnout: Paradise -- $2.50
Army of Two -- $2.50

Not a great list, but certainly cheap!

[quote name='Alexisonfire']And thank you for informing me that your opinion on video games will never matter to me.[/QUOTE]

And same with your opinion to me (and just about everyone else's as well). ;)

I saw Race Pro, though I'm always conflicted with racing sims: do I start a new one, or wait for GT5?

This is what has prevented me from playing Forza as much as GT all these years *facepalm*

[quote name='onemorechanc']Thanks for posting about the BBV sale. I was able to pick up the following (all for the 360):

World Championship Poker: All In -- $2.50
Left 4 Dead (GotY) -- $10
Race Pro -- $2.50
Juiced 2: HIN -- $2.50
Gears of War 2 -- $10
Burnout: Paradise -- $2.50
Army of Two -- $2.50

Not a great list, but certainly cheap![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know ... bad form to reply to your own post, but I found some more deals at another location. Again, all for the 360:

Beijing 2008 -- $2.50
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars -- $2.50
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom -- $2.50
Narnia: Prince Caspian -- $2.50
The Golden Compass -- $.49 (and probably still too much!)

[quote name='poiuiu']And same with your opinion to me (and just about everyone else's as well). ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey, think of me what you want, but don't speak for others you don't know :)

Both games were both well received critically and by the community.

bread's done
Back