[Canada] Blockbuster Summer Sale June 28 - July ??

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Lots of new games (older ones) on sale for $4.99 to $19.99, plus some used games ones at 50% off. Also lots of DVD/BR sales.

Highlights

Used PS3 Batman: Arkham Asylum $34.99 - 50%
Used 360 Batman: Arkham Asylum $39.99 - 50%
Used 360/PS3 Need for Speed Shift $34.99 - 50%
Used 360/PS3 Saw 34.99 - 50%
Used 360/PS3 Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.99 - 50%

All 4.99 games are 50% off = $2.49! Mostly junk, and selection varies a lot between stores so don't get your hopes up but I've seen the following:

360 GH: Aerosmith
360 Splinter Cell Double Agent
360 Dark Sector
360 Narnia
360 Alone in the Dark
360 Incredible Hulk
360 Supreme Commander 1
Wii Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Wii Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
PS3 Devil May Cry 4

Also many unadvertised new games that have dropped in price, it's worth taking a look.

Full flyer:

http://www.blockbuster.ca/BLOCKBUSTER_Flyer_Summer.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='johnny3000']got Darksiders for $20 instead of $40 witch is nice
although the block buster i went to did not have vary much signs up of telling
you whats on sale, even the clerks where not to sure of whats on sale.[/QUOTE]
Not bad but just as a FYI, Darksiders is on for $18 at Walmart this week.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Not bad but just as a FYI, Darksiders is on for $18 at Walmart this week.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and it's been $20 at Future Shop for about 3 weeks now.

[quote name='Raider XMG']I expected that as well, however, the code with my copy worked and allowed me to DL the tracks. I was a tad bit surprised.[/QUOTE]

Same here, pleasant surprise, I like having everything in one game (RB2), but I will admit I played the Track Pack disc for the achievements. :bouncy:

a lot of games are $4.99 ppg however selections vary widely from store to store. my suggestion if you are looking for a good selection is try looking for game rush stores. also if you want you can always rent the game and keep it you pay the ppg price on top of the rental. best suggestion i have for that is there is a coupon in the rewards booklet for rent 2 games for $15 then just keep em both you'll end up spending $12 for each game...

[quote name='onizauk_san']a lot of games are $4.99 ppg however selections vary widely from store to store. my suggestion if you are looking for a good selection is try looking for game rush stores. also if you want you can always rent the game and keep it you pay the ppg price on top of the rental. best suggestion i have for that is there is a coupon in the rewards booklet for rent 2 games for $15 then just keep em both you'll end up spending $12 for each game...[/QUOTE]
Not a bad idea for the >$8 EB qualifiers! Make sure to check with the BBV before doing it though, when I asked about doing this before I got a lot of different answers (I was thinking of doing this for Valkyria Chronicles which is $9.99 previously played). Most likely CSR lack of knowledge more than anything though.

Mind if I ask what a game rush store is though?

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Not bad but just as a FYI, Darksiders is on for $18 at Walmart this week.[/QUOTE]

say what?! every time i walk way from walmart they keep pulling me back in...

[quote name='johnny3000']say what?! every time i walk way from walmart they keep pulling me back in...[/QUOTE]

It was a sale for this past week so unless it was a permanent price drop (which I don't think it was) then it has gone back to full price as of today.

Back from BBV St-Jean
Picked up:

Prototype PS3 9.99$
2 x Klonoa 4.99$ + 50%

Birthday gift for my lil nephew, check! :)
Theres still some 4.99$ games left there (Alone in the dark, Soul Calibur IV)

Yeah, I saw three copies of Klonoa for $5.

I kinda wanted to cry for a bit.

I picked up Beatles Rock Band (used) and Rock Band Metal Pack (new) for $10 each. Both for 360.

$4.99 games:
360 End War
360 Don King Prizefighter
Wii Movie Games

I picked up TMNT Smash Up ($2.50 used) and Wario Land Shake It ($10 used). The latter had curiously faded box art but at least the stickers came off easily. TMNT had a layer of stickers: $44.99, $39.99, $34.99, $29.99, $24.99, $14.99, $4.99.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Yeah, I saw three copies of Klonoa for $5.

I kinda wanted to cry for a bit.[/QUOTE]
Mind if I ask why? :???:

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']
I picked up TMNT Smash Up ($2.50 used) and Wario Land Shake It ($10 used). The latter had curiously faded box art but at least the stickers came off easily. TMNT had a layer of stickers: $44.99, $39.99, $34.99, $29.99, $24.99, $14.99, $4.99.[/QUOTE]

Lol that sticker trail deserves the sad trombone sound.

Because even if it's not my favourite game in the world, it still deserved to sell really well. But it didn't. It pretty much bombed here. And seeing the game hit that price in just a little more than a year just reminds me of that sad fact.

TMNT Smash Up, on the other hand, is complete garbage and someone would have to pay me to get it.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Mind if I ask what a game rush store is though?[/QUOTE]

There's two different kinds of Blockbuster Videos. One is regular, and the other has a larger-than-normal video game section. If you go ask any Blockbuster Employee, they can point you in the right direction.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Because even if it's not my favourite game in the world, it still deserved to sell really well. But it didn't. It pretty much bombed here. And seeing the game hit that price in just a little more than a year just reminds me of that sad fact.

TMNT Smash Up, on the other hand, is complete garbage and someone would have to pay me to get it.[/QUOTE]

I had bought Klonoa day 1, so I did my job. :D Klonoa on PS1 was one of my favorite game as a kid.

Late to the party, but I think I will check the Blockbuster at South Keys on the way home from work. Maybe I will find something, even if it's just for my kid.

[quote name='eday_2010']Late to the party, but I think I will check the Blockbuster at South Keys on the way home from work. Maybe I will find something, even if it's just for my kid.[/QUOTE]

The sale was over on the 11th I believe. I checked Rideau, Merivale, and Carling stores but didn't really find much of interest.

Damn missed out on Klonoa for < 5$!! Even if I can get it for 10$ I guess it's a steal, here's hoping that some stores have it in stock around me.

[quote name='PapaLau']Damn missed out on Klonoa for < 5$!! Even if I can get it for 10$ I guess it's a steal, here's hoping that some stores have it in stock around me.[/QUOTE]
It's in HMV for 10 bucks. And since they're still doing their 5 dollar trade, spend 3$ of EB trade in credit for an old sports title to get a sealed Klonoa for 5$, if it comes down to it.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Not a bad idea for the >$8 EB qualifiers! Make sure to check with the BBV before doing it though, when I asked about doing this before I got a lot of different answers (I was thinking of doing this for Valkyria Chronicles which is $9.99 previously played). Most likely CSR lack of knowledge more than anything though.

Mind if I ask what a game rush store is though?[/QUOTE]

game rush store is just like a regular store but they have a higher focus on games. usually they will be segregated in a large section of the store but they will have a new release wall for games just as they do for the movies. they tend to be higher traffic stores with larger stock and a lot more selection.

yeah i work there so if you are looking for a game call and find out the used price of it and thats what you will pay for it when you don't return the rental.

[quote name='onizauk_san']game rush store is just like a regular store but they have a higher focus on games. usually they will be segregated in a large section of the store but they will have a new release wall for games just as they do for the movies. they tend to be higher traffic stores with larger stock and a lot more selection.

yeah i work there so if you are looking for a game call and find out the used price of it and thats what you will pay for it when you don't return the rental.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I appreciate it.

[quote name='poiuiu']It's in HMV for 10 bucks. And since they're still doing their 5 dollar trade, spend 3$ of EB trade in credit for an old sports title to get a sealed Klonoa for 5$, if it comes down to it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, maybe I'll have to hit up HMV, checked a local BBV and no go (I'm willing to part with 10$ to add it to the library)

[quote name='onizauk_san']a lot of games are $4.99 ppg however selections vary widely from store to store. my suggestion if you are looking for a good selection is try looking for game rush stores. also if you want you can always rent the game and keep it you pay the ppg price on top of the rental. best suggestion i have for that is there is a coupon in the rewards booklet for rent 2 games for $15 then just keep em both you'll end up spending $12 for each game...[/QUOTE]

If you look at the BBV rental terms, the PPG price is only charged if you keep the game if the BBV you rented from is in stock of the pre-played gmae. Otherwise the full new retail price is applied. :cry:

[quote name='KILLER TREKKY']If you look at the BBV rental terms, the PPG price is only charged if you keep the game if the BBV you rented from is in stock of the pre-played gmae. Otherwise the full new retail price is applied. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Oh snap! That's tricky.

Went to my BBV yesterday and got Batman, Fantastic Four and Reservoir Dogs, for the original Xbox ($20, $2.50 and $2.50 respectfully) as well as rented Crackdown 2.

[quote name='KILLER TREKKY']If you look at the BBV rental terms, the PPG price is only charged if you keep the game if the BBV you rented from is in stock of the pre-played game. Otherwise the full new retail price is applied. :cry:[/QUOTE]

close but you have it a tad wrong. you get it for the pre-played price if they've EVER had it used at any point in time. when you rent something, on the receipt it will tell you how much it will cost you to buy it.

oh and for you guys looking for some games for under $3 check your local blockbuster video as a rental to previously played transfer came down the line today effective Monday [19th of July]

all the games being transferred are $4.99 plus 50% off!!!

enjoy!

[quote name='onizauk_san']close but you have it a tad wrong. you get it for the pre-played price if they've EVER had it used at any point in time. when you rent something, on the receipt it will tell you how much it will cost you to buy it.

oh and for you guys looking for some games for under $3 check your local blockbuster video as a rental to previously played transfer came down the line today effective Monday [19th of July]

enjoy![/QUOTE]
Great news, thanks for the notice!

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Great news, thanks for the notice![/QUOTE]

Great. Ill check this.

I found another Klonoa & Sonic Rider Gravity Wii at 4.99$

Got Folklore, Army of Two, RE: UC, Deca Sports and Final Fantasy Fables yesterday. I initially mistook the FF game for the Crystal Bearers game that I heard was rubbish, but the "Dungeon" bit made me realize this is a rougelike :)

[quote name='onizauk_san']close but you have it a tad wrong. you get it for the pre-played price if they've EVER had it used at any point in time. when you rent something, on the receipt it will tell you how much it will cost you to buy it.

enjoy![/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry. Got the same answer the other day from my friendly neighborhood BBV. Do you know if we can just say "Hey, I want to keep the game" and they charge us, or do we have to wait and pay for the additional 7 days after the rental period? Cause in that case, it makes it like $6 for the rental, plus $7 for the extra time, then $5 for the game (that's $18 and doesnm't seem as hot :cry:).

[quote name='thegamecubist']Got Folklore, Army of Two, RE: UC, Deca Sports and Final Fantasy Fables yesterday. I initially mistook the FF game for the Crystal Bearers game that I heard was rubbish, but the "Dungeon" bit made me realize this is a rougelike :)[/QUOTE]

Let me know if FF is any good, i havent tried it yet

I picked up The Beatles: Rock Band on PS3 for 9.99 and the Blu-ray version of Terminator Salvation for 9.99 as well. I am going to check around some more stores for any good deals, hoping to find Incredible Hulk or Quantum of Solace.

I went back to check out the selection. Picked up Battalion Wars 2 for $2.50. Other than that, it was the same selection.

Now, it's not actually part of the sale, but the price of Uncharted 2 used is now $30. I don't know how warm that is, but I haven't heard of it at that price before.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']

Now, it's not actually part of the sale, but the price of Uncharted 2 used is now $30. I don't know how warm that is, but I haven't heard of it at that price before.[/QUOTE]
O'rly?

No worries though, I know everyone can't read every thread. :)

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Yeah, kinda have been too busy to keep completely up to date on the forums here.[/QUOTE]
Such is life! :whee:

Thanks anyway for posting it though.

[quote name='feelgoodinc']Oh snap! That's tricky.

Went to my BBV yesterday and got Batman, Fantastic Four and Reservoir Dogs, for the original Xbox ($20, $2.50 and $2.50 respectfully) as well as rented Crackdown 2.[/QUOTE]

Interesting story that I thought I would share:

I bought Batman and rented Crackdown 2 in Burlington LAST Friday. Batman was normally $39.99 and at 50% off, it was $20. I played Crackdown all week so I haven't even bothered opening the other games. I whipped out my Batman tonight and there's a big 'ol dent on it. I couldn't even get past the title screen before it rejected the disc.

I LIVE in Hamilton, so I went to the closest Blockbuster to (hopefully) just swap discs. They were unable to look at my history for some reason, but they called the Burlington store I had bought it from and they confirmed that I had, in fact bought it there. They didn't have another copy of Batman, so they gave me store credit. $39.99+tax worth of credit.

So that, is what we in the business like to call a "profit".

Yeah, looks like all DVD's $4.99 and Games $4.99 are still 1/2 price, $2.50 a pop.

Grabbed the following for $2.50 each:

PS3

Iron Man
Wall-E

KUF: Circle of Doom
Samurai Warriors 2: Empires
Infinite Discovery
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Mercenaries 2
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Fear Files
Fear 2
Armored Core 4

GC

Naruto: Ninja Storm $0.50 ;)

Saw for $2.50 (360)

Ninja Blade
Too Human (Geez get this folks)

Yeah, worth checking out your local BB Video.

[quote name='rmatheso']Yeah, looks like all DVD's $4.99 and Games $4.99 are still 1/2 price, $2.50 a pop.

Infinite UnDiscovery
[/QUOTE]

Lucky you! I havent seen IU since Ive sold my copy months ago. Although, the game is so bad im not too worried, lol.

The sale on 4.99$ games officially ends this Sunday - source, the manager (update the thread title?)

Picked up Incredible Hulk for PS3 :)

My BBV had PS2 64MB memory cards for 75% off the original $29.99 price. Not Sony but Intec Max Memeory. I'd buy one for myself but I have an unopened 32mb. A few DSLite batteries also, can't remember how much though.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']A few DSLite batteries also, can't remember how much though.[/QUOTE]

I paid $2.25 for one of those at BBV last week. The box says it's suppose to give you 3 additional hours of gameplay...but does that mean the battery lasts only 3 hours, or what a regular battery lasts + 3 hours? 3 hours total would make more sense haha. Anyway, you get a nice little screwdriver with it, so it's not a bad deal.

I bought 3games for 2,81$each (with tax) : Battlefield Bad company, madden 09 and Mx vs ATV untamed and I will go back there tomorrow :p

bread's done
Back