[Canada] Blockbuster Video: Free Coupon Pack with purchase of... wait a second

I used the two 25% off used games (I had my mom go through separately with one of the games to avoid any 'One coupon per customer/transaction' hooplah). Originally the girl asked for my membership card but I told her I didn't have one, so she tried ringing the coupon through and it worked fine. Saved $12.50 off of Folklore and Star TFU (combined)! Thanks OP!

Used the 25% off coupon today no problem. Picked up a previously played copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) for $18.74 ($21.18 after taxes). ...which came from my BBV store credit from the $10 Min TIV days, which means I only paid somewhere around $5-9 in actual cost. AND I got it in a clear box, not the 'greatest hits' red box. Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lanks']Bad news guys.

I was just at the BBV at Queen and Spadina in Toronto and the cashier said that the policy was up to the discretion of the stores to use now. She said that her particular store would not be taking the Game Pass coupons anymore and it sounded like they would be discontinuing the entire promotion soon.

Better be quick![/quote]

Blockbuster changed the price/return policy on rentals. New release games are now 8.99 for 7 nights, so maybe this is why they don't take game passesd anymore?

I also noticed I didn't get my usual rental coupon in my email box. I wonder if they're killing that off too :cry:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I also noticed I didn't get my usual rental coupon in my email box. I wonder if they're killing that off too :cry:[/quote]

Got the email on the 13th of April, valid until 22nd...

[quote name='addone']Got the email on the 13th of April, valid until 22nd...[/quote]

If you mean the $1 off new game or movie, I used it today. Anyway, the new ones usually come on Mondays, at least for me. Nada this week...

[quote name='turgore2008']is it me or it doesnt work anymore ?[/quote]

What doesn't work exactly? The Gamepass? Some CAGs have reported them not working anymore.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']What doesn't work exactly? The Gamepass? Some CAGs have reported them not working anymore.[/quote]

I meant the links.

[quote name='turgore2008']I meant the links.[/quote]
Yep, the website now reads:

This offer is now over

Thank you for your participation.

Lol and they changed the end date of the offer from June 5 to April 19th... and took the link off of the BBV.ca mainpage.. I'm not sure how this will affect coupons already 'in circulation'... They accepted my 25% off coupon 04/21 so YMMV depending on location..

[quote name='Bencherstyle']^ hmm... my coupon still saids june 5th.... :p

did the coupon go through without issues, Kronos?[/quote]

Yep I didn't have any problem. :D

I'm pretty sure the offer was originally supposed to end the 19th, that's what I read when I printed them off last month, the coupons were only supposed to be available on the website until the 19th, but are valid until June 5th

[quote name='greywolf501']I'm pretty sure the offer was originally supposed to end the 19th, that's what I read when I printed them off last month, the coupons were only supposed to be available on the website until the 19th, but are valid until June 5th[/quote]

That makes sense too.

Just a heads up. The due date to use these coupons is on Friday.

I just cashed in for a free month of Gamepass and it scanned perfectly. Also used the 25% off a used game last week and also worked.

The much maligned RFD Effect had no effect on these coupons.
So if everyone who bitched wants to apologize to me now, I'll take it.
lol

:booty:

[quote name='j940651']The much maligned RFD Effect had no effect on these coupons.
So if everyone who bitched wants to apologize to me now, I'll take it.
lol

:booty:[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry

... You got kicked from RFD so many times you decided to come here.

Apologizing does help. I feel better already!
\\:D/

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I'm sorry

... You got kicked from RFD so many times you decided to come here.

Apologizing does help. I feel better already!
\\:D/[/QUOTE]

lol
I've been here since Jan!
But yeah I have to admit all the angry PMs and rants I got about posting the coupons on RFD brought me here to stay.
Everyone's msgs about how much cooler, smarter and more sophisticated CAG users are, really won me over.

:grouphug:

thanks again to the OP. throughout the last few weeks i've used the 25% off coupon over 8 times (often for trade 3 stuff), the blu-ray coupon twice, and 3 or 4 of the accessory coupons. signed up for gamepass a few days ago.

all in all, this was the gift that kept on giving :)

bread's done
Back