[Canada] Blockbuster Video: Free Coupon Pack with purchase of... wait a second

Well there's a user system in place to co-ordinate rank, wouldn't be too hard to make a private message center. Wouldn't be a forum, but it would work :razz:

//edit
I suppose it would be horribly detrimental to the bulk of us if I opened up the used/new price at places and trade in value flip calculator.

I think they might've recieved a memo from HQ. They require a proof of purchase. haha This is what happens when this things get on RFD.

I couldn't cash anything -__-

Some stores might've not receieved this memo yet so YMMV.

I just used my first $5.00 Off Accessory Coupon 30 mins. ago.
-Ancaster, ON BBV.
(1:00pm Eastern ) No one asked me anything. I asked very nicely:
Can I use this? She said Yes. Scanned it. 1400 points for $14.99.

Yes a drama free post. I'm getting the hang of this. :bouncy:

Funny who the person who caused the proof of purchase to be required gloats about using the coupon.
NOW do you see why this shouldn't have been on RFD?

[quote name='neksus']Funny who the person who caused the proof of purchase to be required gloats about using the coupon.
NOW do you see why this shouldn't have been on RFD?[/quote]

Everything about Blockbuster is YMMV - you know that very well sir.
It's not gloating if someone above me asks a question I have an answer to.
I can confirm not all stores have this "POP Memo". And making the logic leap to this alleged memo existing because of RFD abusers is too big a conclusion jump. For all we know there's a legitimate Nintendo buyer board that has people printing stacks of these thinking they hit the lottery.

And isn't the workaround someone just posting a scan of a Wii or DS receipt?

[quote name='j940651']Everything about Blockbuster is YMMV - you know that very well sir.
It's not gloating if someone above me asks a question I have an answer to.
I can confirm not all stores have this "POP Memo". And making the logic leap to this alleged memo existing because of RFD abusers is too big a conclusion jump. For all we know there's a legitimate Nintendo buyer board that has people printing stacks of these thinking they hit the lottery.

And isn't the workaround someone just posting a scan of a Wii or DS receipt?[/quote]

Just the idea of it sickens me.

I hate the idiots that ask for scan of receipts that has a game that an employee incorrectly sold for the wrong price.

Yes, someone made a mistake. Someone got luck. Asking for receipt scans so they can get it PMed at a diferent store is beyond belief.

So...wouldn't be funny is everyone started showing up at BBV with the same receipt scan?
Its not like anyone here has access to the register tapes BBV uses.

[quote name='gamer602']Just the idea of it sickens me.

I hate the idiots that ask for scan of receipts that has a game that an employee incorrectly sold for the wrong price.

Yes, someone made a mistake. Someone got luck. Asking for receipt scans so they can get it PMed at a diferent store is beyond belief.

So...wouldn't be funny is everyone started showing up at BBV with the same receipt scan?
Its not like anyone here has access to the register tapes BBV uses.[/quote]

its not about PMing a mistake in this case though. it's about people being able to use a coupon because they have a receipt of the Nintendo product they bought.

1) you really think all your local BBVs are going to ask for your Nintendo receipts to let you use these coupons?
2) and even if they do, you think they're going to over that receipt closely and say its not an original receipt from that store and then disqualify you from using the coupons?

[quote name='j940651']it's about people being able to use a coupon because they have a receipt of the Nintendo product they bought[/quote]

lol...

As soon as you get into requiring receipts from the internet, that's when you know you've crossed the line IMO. If you can legitimately get the deal, you wouldn't need a receipt.

So this Game Pass coupon. If you use it do you have to go back to the store after the free month and argue with them to stop it from automatically renewing through your credit card?

[quote name='BobFromPikeCreek']So this Game Pass coupon. If you use it do you have to go back to the store after the free month and argue with them to stop it from automatically renewing through your credit card?[/quote]
You will have to go in before the renewel date and cancel it, you don't have to argue. You can actually cancel it the same day you sign up for it if the CSR will let you, if not, just do it the next time you are in.

[quote name='Firestorm']As soon as you get into requiring receipts from the internet, that's when you know you've crossed the line IMO. If you can legitimately get the deal, you wouldn't need a receipt.[/quote]

just trying to give kylamb a boost.
i'm sure he can pull it off without resorting to cheap tricks.
as we all know every BBV is different and every CSR has their own style.

[quote name='neksus']lol...[/quote]

well isn't that what kylamb's local BBV asked for? a receipt?
whenever i hear the words proof of purchase i think receipt.
what else do you suppose they'd accept?

[quote name='BobFromPikeCreek']So this Game Pass coupon. If you use it do you have to go back to the store after the free month and argue with them to stop it from automatically renewing through your credit card?[/quote]

When you sign up, just tell them you won't be renewing after the one month

Ok, so far all I have seen is third hand speculation of a supposed memo to ask for POP. No one has said they know of a memo, or that a memo has gone out. So right now that's all just FUD. There is no memo. There is no spoon.

Secondly, I tested the waters tonight. Used the $5 off coupon to get another Dualshock 3 controller for my PS3. $49.99. No problem. No mention or request for POP, no mention of any memo. Simple, easy.

Not too bad considering the $50-55 I used to pay for it was from the $10 min TIV deals tonight alone. I used a bunch of copies of NHL2K7, All Pro Football 2K8, Viva Pinata. Etc. So it really only cost me about $20-25 (all in) for a brand spankin new DS3 controller. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Also the first BBV I hit said they wouldn't accept anymore All pro Football 2k8 (still took NHL2k7 lolz.. go figure) and said no as well to lost planet or viva pinata. All YMMV.

But of course, a quick jaunt down to the next closest BBV and they accepted the rejects no problem, putting that credit right onto my trading card. Thanks OP.

[quote name='HeavyDutyKronos']

Not too bad considering the $50-55 I used to pay for it was from the $10 min TIV deals tonight alone. I used a bunch of copies of NHL2K7, All Pro Football 2K8, Viva Pinata. Etc. So it really only cost me about $20-25 (all in) for a brand spankin new DS3 controller. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

...a quick jaunt down to the next closest BBV and they accepted the rejects no problem, putting that credit right onto my trading card. Thanks OP.[/quote]
Careful. lamer_fanatic may consider that profiting. ;)

[quote name='j940651']well isn't that what kylamb's local BBV asked for? a receipt?
whenever i hear the words proof of purchase i think receipt.
what else do you suppose they'd accept?[/quote]

[quote name='j940651']its not about PMing a mistake in this case though. it's about people being able to use a coupon because they have a receipt of the Nintendo product they bought.[/quote]

proof of purchase isn't somebody elses receipt lol

[quote name='HeavyDutyKronos']Ok, so far all I have seen is third hand speculation of a supposed memo to ask for POP. No one has said they know of a memo, or that a memo has gone out. So right now that's all just FUD. There is no memo. There is no spoon.

Secondly, I tested the waters tonight. Used the $5 off coupon to get another Dualshock 3 controller for my PS3. $49.99. No problem. No mention or request for POP, no mention of any memo. Simple, easy.[/quote]

I'd expect if such a memo went out it probably went out back when this deal went live back on the 9th, and is supposed to be standard operating procedure. It's not as if BBV has really been hammered with abuse with this deal, yet.

[quote name='neksus']proof of purchase isn't somebody elses receipt lol[/quote]

ahhh touche! but it's proof of A purchase and that should be good enough for the dim-witted BBV CSR's to take the coupons. :bouncy:
(if they were to ever ask and it's highly doubtful it'll come to that. they'll notice they have increased business on accessories and used games before they realize the coupons were released into the wild)

[quote name='kylamb25']Uh they asked for receipt or just a history that you bought a nintendo console/ ds on your account.[/quote]

Try another BBV location.

I wonder if you can stack the gamepasses? Buy a console, return it, sign up for a bunch of coupons...etc.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']wwhat happend to CAG while i was gone :/ i see some faces from RFD...[/quote]

because j9 posted about it...now all the l33t lurkers are here to

i was wondering how you guys would respond if an employee asked you for a record of you buying the wii? so you are able to use the coupon.

post deals vaguely, mass pm the regulars, can't stand the 3 people who joined here.

"i bought nhl 2k7 for 1.49 and got 10 at bbv, they sucks!"

[quote name='Xeph820']i was wondering how you guys would respond if an employee asked you for a record of you buying the wii? so you are able to use the coupon.[/QUOTE]

That I received the coupon in my email and assumed it was a bonus for receiving their newsletter.

[quote name='Xeph820']i was wondering how you guys would respond if an employee asked you for a record of you buying the wii? so you are able to use the coupon.[/quote]"Oh, I don't have my receipt with me"
"Sorry, we need it."
"Ok. I'll bring it next time"
*leave*

Seems fairly obvious to me. Or I could go the RFD route:

"Oh, I don't have my receipt with me"
"Sorry, we need it."
"No you don't."
"Er. Yes I do."
"Are you kidding? Let me see your manager"
"Ok hold on."
"Good."
"Hello sir, what is the problem today?"
"This young man here won't let me use this coupon because I don't have a receipt."
"Sorry we need proof of purchase."
"That's unacceptable. What are your names? I'm going to call head office"

[quote name='Firestorm']"Oh, I don't have my receipt with me"
"Sorry, we need it."
"Ok. I'll bring it next time"
*leave*

Seems fairly obvious to me. Or I could go the RFD route:

"Sorry, we need it."
"No you don't."
"Er. Yes I do."
"Ok hold on."
"Good."
"This young man here won't let me use this coupon because I don't have a receipt."
"That's unacceptable. What are your names? I'm going to call head office"[/quote]
QFT.

[quote name='Xeph820']oh i asked because im usually nervous when i talk to employees lol.
for no reason, i just get nervous[/quote]Oh didn't realize it was that type of question. Yeah, just tell them you don't have it and leave. You won't be able to use the coupon though. No point in pushing it.

I went to the coquitlam BB today (the one near Coquitlam Center,by the superstore) and used the 25% off used game coupon no problem. Ended up getting lost odyssey for $14.99 plus tax, it was ticketed at $24.99 but rang up at $19.99,thanks again OP

[quote name='Xeph820']oh i asked because im usually nervous when i talk to employees lol.
for no reason, i just get nervous[/quote]

ive only heard one case where they asked about a receipt.
if you only have one BBV in your area and THEY ask for one that sucks.
but the odds are the others won't. you don't have to lie or commit some sort of crime to use a coupon. just go to the next store.

[quote name='Firestorm']

RFD route:

"Sorry, we need it."
"No you don't."
"Er. Yes I do."
"Ok hold on."
"Good."
"That's unacceptable. What are your names? I'm going to call head office"[/quote]

I had a good laugh about this thanks Firestorm

Both the Game Pass and the 25% off used game coupons worked at the BBV in Deux-Montagnes. No questions asked, the guy even canceled the Game Pass renewal so it wouldn't charge me 30 bucks next month. I tried to used the 25% off on Mercenaries 2 (PS3), which was only 14.99, but the guy never found the game disc... :(

bread's done
Back