[Canada] Boxing Day Hauls Thread

tymcg

CAGiversary!
Hey guys thought it would be a good idea to give us all the opportunity to brag about what items we got, and how much we got it for. It doesn't even have to be video game related (I'm not here to judge). Since this is being typed pre-boxing day the only deals I've gotten are:

2 2gig SD cards-$25
Dead Head Fred (PSP)-$10
Mega Man Star Force: Leo (DS)-$15
All Pro Football 2k7 (PS3)-$6.99

Not much but I will update tomorrow after shopping/savings commence.

[quote name='chimp69']how are people getting the zellers wii games at 25? my store had 35.
walmart had sonic ps3 and full auto 2 10$. splinter cell wii too.[/quote]

Zellers had a correction notice on the online flyer that said they are offering Super Paper Mario and Mario Party 8 for $25 each.

Didn't buy much stuff on boxing day...

Staples:

- Logitech MX-620 wireless laser mouse for $20
- Logitech MX-3200 wireless keyboard and laser mouse combo for $30

Zellers:

- Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, and Mario Strikers Charged for $25 each.

I got in at Zellers at around 7:40, and they were out of those free wiimote/nunchuk skins. They had around 10-15 of them too when I checked on Monday.

Spent a couple hours at the 2 malls in Richmond. It was like standing room only at FS/BB. Decent eye candy at Richmond Centre though. ;)

Passed up a Toshiba A100-VA9 at Staples. $600, free printer, router, USB drive, T5500, 2GB RAM, Go7600. Killer deal.

Dang...everyone who got good deals at RV for the 2/$30 is lucky.
The RV's in my area only carried MLB The Bigs, and Harry Potter for PS3.
Mine must've got cleaned out!

Pretty good day for deals all around

Bioshock (360) - $39.99
The Darkness (360) - $19.99
White 360 Controller with Battery Pack - $59.99

DVDs
Wedding Crashers - $4.99
28 Days Later - $4.99
Matrix Reloaded - $3.99
Matrix Revolutions - $3.99
Children of Men - $4.99
In The Company of Men - $3.99
The Last Kiss - $4.99
Devil Wears Prada - $4.99
Little Miss Sunshine - $4.99
Smoking Aces - $4.99

All Brand New from Best Buy and HMV.

There was actually tons of good ways to scam deals with the flyers being really messed up this year.

Oh btw, I just ordered Halo 3 Limited Edition off of Amazon for $44.99. Not sure if you guys knew it was on for that cheap or not.

[quote name='vicious7171']I'm tempted too. Shame I missed out on all the other controller deals. If it weren't so damn ugly...[/quote]

I can at least give the pink controller to my wife lol

Got Crackdown for $11.39

That's nothing compared to some of you guys here, but this is my first Boxing Day where I was actually seeking out deals (Plus I'm pretty new to the whole deal seeking thing..Only been lurking here for 2months max now) and it's what I wanted and I ended up getting the last copy at EB, so I'm very happy. Such an amazing game for $12...I love it. Best $12 I've ever spent.

I didn't really do any Boxing Day shopping, but I'm going to try to see if anything is on sale later today. I did have to get some groceries at SuperStore though, so I managed to get two copies of the Darkness on 360 for $20 each...so that was good. One is a gift for my friend.

Here is my Boxing Day:

RV 2/30

Nothing. It turns out that they did not restock after the sale started on Christmas eve, so they had crap.

EB

Burnout for the Xbox $14.99---I know it is not really a deal, but I needed it to help complete my Burnout collection. This is the first game in the Burnout series and was released in 2001 or 2002, so it is quite rare. I now only need a copy of Burnout 2, so if anyone has it, PM me.

NBA Street Vol. 2 $11.99---Same, for collection purposes.

Stuntman Ignition Sealed $9.99---Hot deal, enough said.

Alas, boxing day is not over for some stores, as they extend it to maybe a week or so. Keep checking your stores for more deals because you never know what will come up.

RV was disappointing for me. Nothing new really was put on the shelves, except some older ps2 games. There was about 7-8 of us who went boxing day shopping, and most of them found games. There was a copy of galaxy, but I let my friend take it, since I already had it.

We went early to Game On, and we got a 50% off coupon for 1 game. I bought Trauma Center: Under the Knife for the DS, $15.

At EB Games I bought a copy of RE4 and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn with a whole bunch of credit I had (about $65). Couldn't see anything I wanted, but next year, some games are definitely catching my attention.

On Monday I hid a few copies of Phantom Hourglass, and went later in the day, so I wouldn't have to wait in that big a line, for 1 game. $20 seems fine for a game of this caliber.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']don't tell me mass effect, sonata, and the 2 ps3 games were part of the 2 for $30 deal, cause if it was. DAMN!!![/quote]

I got lucky with that deal, just decided to go check out rogers after work and they just pulled them.

Got a 4gb usb stick at FS for $26, not sure if that's a good deal or not and some special sin city dvd for $10.

Best buy burlington had a shipment of Guitar hero III for wii. About 12 or so copies.

Some of these 2/30 deals at Rogers are amazing. I'm not exaggerating when I say the best game at my Rogers is junk like Open Season for the wii. 2/30 on games like skate, bioshock, mass effect, all steals. I would have gone nuts if i found those even for 2/50!

[quote name='boba_fett300']Didn't get any games yet but did spend $145 on comics :D[/QUOTE]
Glad to see im not the only comic dork around here, what did you get?

I ended up getting a bunch of $10 games from superstore, THP8(360), Rebelstar, FF4, Fire Emblem:sacred stones, FF12, and CoD3 was$20. From RV I picked up PW:T&T/Bleach and Overlord/Tenchu.

RV:

DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (PS2) 2/30
DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2) 2/30
Breach 2/10
Hard Candy 2/10

Wal-Mart

Dallas S1+2 $14.97
South Park S5 $17.88
South Park S7 $17.88
South Park S8 $17.88
South Park S10 $17.88
The O.C. S4 $14.97
Oceans 13 $10
Grandmas Boy $5
American Beauty $7.50
We Are Marshall $10
Ultimate Avengers $7.50
Ultimate Avengers 2 $7.50
The Doors $7.50
Hellboy Animated 1 $7.50
Hellboy Animated 2 $7.50
Girl Next Door $5.00
Training Day $3.97
Rush Hour $5.00
Chinatown $3.97
Matrix Revolutions $3.97
South Park the Movie $3.97
Eddie Murphy Delirious $7.50
Punch Drunk Love $3.97
The Transporter $5.00
Matrix Reloaded $3.97
The Truman Show $3.97
Alpha Dog $5.00

HMV

AvP $7.99
Garden State $7.99
28 Days Later $7.99
Predator $7.99
Stargate $1.99
Trailer Park Boys the Movie $5.99
The Fifth Element $5.99
South Park S1 $19.99
South Park S2 $19.99
South Park S4 $19.99
South Park S6 $24.99
South Park S9 $24.99

Future Shop

Xbox Live 2800 Card $39.99
Family Guy Vol. 5 $19.99
Star Wars Ep 1 $7.50
Star Wars Ep 2 $7.50
Star Wars Ep 3 $7.50
Fight Club $7.50
South Park S3 $19.99

Total: $593.29 ... Yikes

Great Boxing Day this year

Best Buy
GRAW 2 $19.99
The Darkness $19.99

Micro Play
Truma Center: Second Opinon $15

Zellers
Mario Party 8 ($25)
Super Paper Mario ($25)

2/$30 Rogers Video

Timeshift
Blacksite: Area 51
Bioshock
Medel of Honor: Airborne
The Simpsons Game (Wii)

(Also got Lego Star Wars Complete Saga, Virtua Fighter 5 and Donkey Kong Barrel Blast but I took those to EBgames and traded them in for Uncharted for PS3)

FutureShop

- $229 -- 21.6" Samsung LCD monitor
- $59 -- Logitech MX Revolution
- $49 -- Logitech X-540 speakers

Staples

- $89 -- 120GB WD Passport portable hard drive
- $10 -- Norton Antivirus 2008

SuperStore

- $10 -- Nintendo Wii Component Cables (official)
- $10 -- Brain Age 2

Wal-Mart

- $4 -- Matrix on DVD
- $4 -- Matrix Revolutions on DVD

I checked the nearby Rogers Video (I was out of town) but they had nothing even remotely worthwhile.

Thanks for the eb boxing day tips. I've managed to catch up on 6 years of gaming. =)

GameCube - $25 (though at first they sold me a N64 in a gamecube box. Good thing I looked before I left)
Resident Evil GC - $20
Resident Evil 0 GC - $20
Starfox Adventures $7.50
Metroid Prime $7.50
GC Starters kit (another controller, a mem card and some cables) - $11 (!!!)

Playstation 2 - $35
Shadow of the Collosus - $7.50
Resident Evil essentials pack - $30
Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance - $7.50

A bunch of DVDs = $??? (I lost track =) )

So about $200 for a ton of games and DVDs and systems. A Christmas bonus well spent. =)

[quote name='halcyon1234']GameCube - $25 (though at first they sold me a N64 in a gamecube box. Good thing I looked before I left)[/quote]
At least it wasn't a phone book.

[quote name='halcyon1234']
GameCube - $25 (though at first they sold me a N64 in a gamecube box.[/quote]

There would be so many jokes to be made if it was a GCN in a Wii box.

[quote name='Firestorm']There would be so many jokes to be made if it was a GCN in a Wii box.[/quote]

It's like a Wii, but boxier. Like a Volvo. It makes games safer. :D

Not to be a change of topic right now...but I saved a whopping $0.59 on my copy of COD4 thanks to FS's sweet 1% off week long sale. :S

It was a lame boxing day for me. But I did get South Park season 7 and 8 for $25 at HMV, so I was happy with that. I have had season 1-6 for years, and I never wanted to pony up $45 for season 7, since that's what it's been selling for since it was released. I'm much happier paying what I did.

bread's done
Back