[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Fear (around 13$ i think) and fnr3 (around 10$) should pass and maybe doa4 and svr2007 but im not sure. As for nhl 2k7, you can forget it.

If anyone wants to bother making a new site here is an old version of the TIV list.

Sony

Playstation 3

Blazing Angels $17 05.06.07
Call of Duty 3

Last Saturday values were this for a couple games

Metroid 3 - $37 (36 BBV)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $25 (30 BBV)
Lair - $21 ???? wtf (36 BBV)

at my eb

bioshock -21
star trek legacy - 24

what?

other values

blue dragon - 22
stranglehold - 31
nba 2k7 - >8
dead or alive 4 - >8

wii

tmnt - 6
mk armageddon - 19

[quote name='Azumangaman']At your BBV???
They stopped the minimum 13 trade in?[/quote]

oops! sorry if I scared you. I meant EBgames :p

I am really hoping on the fact that they still have the 13 min going until atleast monday so I can get my preorders.

[quote name='Azumangaman']OH, ok, awesome. Didn't think DOA4 still went for 8 bucks. Too bad I would never trade it in.[/quote]

virtua fighter 5 in 2 weeks tho :D thats why I traded it.

[quote name='Caro']virtua fighter 5 in 2 weeks tho :D thats why I traded it.[/quote]

fuck i've been looking for a copy of DOA4 for a while now ... would of taken it off your hands if you were willing to ship - eb's in toronto just never seem to have one in stock.

[quote name='Caro']virtua fighter 5 in 2 weeks tho :D thats why I traded it.[/quote]
Very true. But alas, I can't get rid of DOA4. I'll have both.
Speaking of fighting games, I NEED to find a 360 arcade stick.

[quote name='dynamic33']Xbox 360 Games

All Pro Football 2k8 -- $5
C&C 3: Tiberium Wars -- $14
Condemned -- $14
Shrek the Third -- $10[/quote]

YOU are my hero! I've been looking for a game I could find cheap at Blockbuster to trade in for the EB's Trade 3 but I didn't think Shrek would work. Anyway, I'm going to use it tomorrow and get myself a pre-order.

[quote name='dynamic33']Xbox 360 Games

All Pro Football 2k8 -- $5
C&C 3: Tiberium Wars -- $14
Condemned -- $14
Shrek the Third -- $10[/quote]

Wow, Football 2K8 already $5?

C&C3's TIV is expected: I went to a couple of EA's playtest groups: you get a free game if you participate. Almost everyone wanted C&C3 (when it was $44 TIV.) :lol:

[quote name='TtotheE']YOU are my hero! I've been looking for a game I could find cheap at Blockbuster to trade in for the EB's Trade 3 but I didn't think Shrek would work. Anyway, I'm going to use it tomorrow and get myself a pre-order.[/quote]
Shrek 3 and Star Trek Legacy are both on sale for $15 (after 25% off) at Blockbuster and can be used for the Trade 3 promo. However, I traded Star Trek for $24 TIV instead and used some other games for the promo. Other 360 games you can pick up for $15 that qualify for the promo are FEAR, Condemned, and NBA Street Homecourt.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Wow, Football 2K8 already $5?[/quote] This one is also on sale for $15 after discount at blockbuster, but I called and they said it only has $5 TIV.

Latest call:

Animal Crossing: Wild World - $18
Nintendogs: Chihuaua and Friends - $14
Puzzle Quest: $4 (WTF?)
Cooking Mama: $5

All on DS

Anyone knows the price for Live Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1?

And also does anyone know if you can trade Forza 2 and Viva Pinata from 360 Bundle which have "Not For Resale" on them?

I tried calling few EBGames and they said they can't tell the TIVs, you have to bring them so the can scan them :(

Thanks!

[quote name='Rom']Anyone knows the price for Live Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1?

And also does anyone know if you can trade Forza 2 and Viva Pinata from 360 Bundle which have "Not For Resale" on them?

I tried calling few EBGames and they said they can't tell the TIVs, you have to bring them so the can scan them :(

Thanks![/quote]

can't trade in not for resale (100% confirmed at blockbuster) not 100% about eb... this is mainly due to it not having a UPC....

that being said - i'm selling my viva pinata for 5 bucks if anyone wants ;-)

I just traded in a bunch today, October 22, 2007
Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2) - $1.00
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) - $2.00
Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2) - $6.00
God of War (PS2) - $5.00
Star Wars Battlefront (PSP) - $5.00
Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires (PS2) - $7.00
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2) - $3.00
Samurai Western (PS2) - $6.00
Dynasty Tactics 2 (PS2) - $ 8.00

[quote name='gamer602']what dropped?[/quote]

nothing new, it was nba homecourt that I had bought and when I went back to eb the cheapest game they had used with a manual was graw 2. (the eb I go to is way strict about the manual)

[quote name='Caro']nothing new, it was nba homecourt that I had bought and when I went back to eb the cheapest game they had used with a manual was graw 2. (the eb I go to is way strict about the manual)[/quote]

which EB is that strict

[quote name='Mana Thirst']Is it really worth it to trade games? You get peanuts from EB from the price list in the wiki.[/quote]
For their Trade X-number-of-games deals, yes.

Just called in today for a few (all for XBOX):

FIFA 2005: $4
NBA 2K6: $1
Halo 2: $16 (this is the normal edition)

[quote name='JnJosh']Fight Night Round 3 - 10$
Def Jam Icon - 10$
APF 2k8 - 5$
Rayman 360 - 22$
Blazing Angels - 15 $[/quote]

I hope you're talking about blazing angels 2 because i really doubt that the first one would still be 15$.

[quote name='JnJosh']Fight Night Round 3 - 10$
Def Jam Icon - 10$
APF 2k8 - 5$
Rayman 360 - 22$
Blazing Angels - 15 $[/quote]

Are these PS3 or 360? There's no Rayman for 360...

[quote name='X-Factor']I can confirm that Blazing Angels PS3 is $15. The 360 version probably is far less than that.[/quote]
[quote name='AgtGibb']Blazing Angels is $6.00 for TIV @ EB[/quote]
How time flies...

it states that in order to edit i need an account?
i've made one already on wiki but it doesnt work, neither does my cag

I'm not sure if the game still applies, but my BBV is having a 2/$30 sale on used games priced at $19.99 and under, and I did see Star Trek Legacy there.

EBGames TIV: as of Nov 12, 2007
GC: Zelda Twilight Princess Gamecube: 29$
Wii Cooking Mama 21$
Wii Tiger Woods 2007 8$
Wii Need for Speed Carbon 10$

--------

BBV TIV, as of Nov 12, 2007
Wii : Cooking Mama 24$
Wii: Tiger Woods 2007 13$ (minimum for Wii games)
Wii: Need for Speed Carbon 13$ (minimum for Wii games).

I traded 3 games today.

Blazing Angels (PS3) - $15
Warriors Orochi (PS2) - $16
Samurai Warriors 2 (PS2) - $12

EDIT: Added the "2". Sorry about the confusion

bread's done
Back