[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Call of Duty 3 (360) still gets $30 :| I was very surprised as usually when a game comes in a bundle, the trade in value plummets.

Speaking of plummeting... Bully for PS2 went from $25 to $6. I think there's a CE though, so there may be a discrepancy.

COD3 for PS2 also dropped from $33 to $13.

no both copies were unopened. So I just returned them both.

Got the full 24.99+ Tax towards diamond and pearl.

Even better since I paid for em with credit and EB edge discount. I only paid 41$ for the two.
So I made like 14$

does anyone know if you still get the 10% extra on trade ins with the edge card? my friend told me they stopped that a while back

[quote name='maigoyume']does anyone know if you still get the 10% extra on trade ins with the edge card? my friend told me they stopped that a while back[/QUOTE]

A really nice manager gave me a free edge card the other day when I was getting a game. I was also trading in two games and I didn't seem to get any bonus from that, but I did get the 20% off so I think that may be the only benefit.

[quote name='JGonspy']A really nice manager gave me a free edge card the other day when I was getting a game. I was also trading in two games and I didn't seem to get any bonus from that, but I did get the 20% off so I think that may be the only benefit.[/quote]i think that the 20% off is for this week only or month

EBG Featured TIVs Apr. 2007

PS3
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion $44.00
Resistance: Fall of Man $44.00
Motorstorm $37.00
Spiderman 3 Movie $44.00
Spiderman 3 Movie CE $52.00

PS2
Guitar Hero 2 SW $37.00
Guitar Hero SW $29.00
TMNT $29.00
Spiderman 3 Movie $29.00
Spiderman 3 Movie CE $44.00

PSP
Call of Duty: Road to Victory $29.00
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords $29.00
Spiderman 3 Movie $29.00
DBZ: Shin Budokai Another Road $29.00
Valhalla Knights $29.00

XBOX 360
Armored Core 4 $37.00
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 $44.00
Spiderman 3 Movie $44.00
C&C 3: Tiberium Wars $44.00

Wii
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess $37.00
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 $37.00
Super Paper Mario $37.00
Godfather: Blackhand Edition $37.00
Spiderman 3 Movie $37.00

DS
New Super Mario Bros. $22.00
Final Fantasy III $26.00
Diddy Kong Racing $22.00
Lunar Knights: Vampire Hunters $22.00
Spiderman 3 Movie $22.00

XBOX 360
Armored Core 4 $37.00
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 $44.00
Spiderman 3 Movie $44.00
C&C 3: Tiberium Wars $44.00

this doesnt come out until may 8th i thought......

Wow....$44 for Oblivion?!

My local mom n' pop video store has used copies they are selling for $20! I'm going to trade in my copy to EB and buy a $20 copy - $22 profit! :D

[quote name='CaptNink']Wow....$44 for Oblivion?!

My local mom n' pop video store has used copies they are selling for $20! I'm going to trade in my copy to EB and buy a $20 copy - $22 profit! :D[/quote]

Oblivion for PS3, not 360/PC.

[quote name='Skardee']Anyone know the trade in value for God of War 2?[/quote]

I think it's 17$.

They are NOT selling any PP copies since thye had TONNES returned with the $59.99 TIV the first month it came out.

not really relative to EB, but later today im goin to Blockbuster to trade in about 13 games for 360 i will post what they give me for each game later.

i will edit this post when i return get back from trading in, but heres what im trading in.

Halo2(didnt bother)
King Kong-$7
Chromehounds-$10
Hitman Bloodmoney-$15
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat-$12
Saints Row-$15
Blazing Angels-$15
Rockstars Table Tennis$-15
Farcry Insticts Predator-$15
Fear-$30
Call Of Duty 3-$30
NHL2k6(didnt bother)
Lost Planet(Collectors Edition)-$30

GRAW2 - EB $25 BBV $30
Gears of War - EB $25 BBV $30
Crackdown - EB $13 BBV $30
MLB 2K7 360 - EB $25
Sonic Wii - EB $21
Zelda Wii - EB $37 BBV $30
Bionicle Heroes 360 - EB $10
Viva Pinata - EB $8
Tiger 06 360 - EB $10 (I was surprised, lol)
God of War 2 - EB $16 BBV $25
Battlestations Midway - EB $14 BBV $30
Cabela's African Safari - EB $10 BBV $15
Eragon 360 - EB $10 BBV $30 (again, surprised at BBV)
Fight Night Round 3 360 - EB $10 BBV $12
Lost Planet - BBV $30
Superman Returns 360 - BBV $15

The following trade in values are for eb games:

Top Spin 2 (X360) - $17
Ninety Nine Nights (X360) - $10
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 (X360) - $10
Fifa World Cup Germany 2006 (X360) - $8
Quake 4 (X360) - $8

Blood Will Tell (PS2) - $8
Call of Duty 3 (PS2) - $10

DBZ: Budokai 2 (GC) - $8

Hey guys! For me, EB Games and Game Centre in Toronto have been my most reliable places for game trading. At least up until this week, this new place near my house, DVD Express (I think that's what they are called... it's near King and Shaw?) - although they are more of a rental place, are offering wicked prices on next gen stuff (Wii, PS3, 360)… they don't have much in the way of titles right now to trade because they are new to Toronto - but I preordered Halo 3 for free by trading in Oblivion and Superman Returns.

KrYpToNiAn1

Hey guys! For me, EB Games and Game Centre in Toronto have been my most reliable places for game trading. At least up until this week, this new place near my house, DVD Express (I think that's what they are called... it's near King and Shaw?) - although they are more of a rental place, are offering wicked prices on next gen stuff (Wii, PS3, 360)… they don't have much in the way of titles right now to trade because they are new to Toronto - but I preordered Halo 3 for free by trading in Oblivion and Superman Returns.

KrYpToNiAn1

[quote name='KrYpToNiAn1']Hey guys! For me, EB Games and Game Centre in Toronto have been my most reliable places for game trading. At least up until this week, this new place near my house, DVD Express (I think that's what they are called... it's near King and Shaw?) - although they are more of a rental place, are offering wicked prices on next gen stuff (Wii, PS3, 360)… they don't have much in the way of titles right now to trade because they are new to Toronto - but I preordered Halo 3 for free by trading in Oblivion and Superman Returns.

KrYpToNiAn1[/QUOTE]

What kind of prices are they offering? And do they have much for sale yet?

[quote name='JGonspy']What kind of prices are they offering? And do they have much for sale yet?[/quote]
The place is called Movie Express, and they are offering at least 5 bucks more than EB for anything you bring em, as long as it's Wii, PS3 or 360. The guy said he wants to build up their next gen game selection. They are just starting to get into trading. Really only go if there is a game you want to preorder, or if you want, he can put the money on an account so you can rent the movies, or the games... but eventually - it should be a wicked place for trading.

KrYpToNiAn1

how many credits do I get for Spiderman 3 Xbox360 at EB here in Canada? I bought it off ebay and I'm not having fun so I'm gona either trade it in to EBGAMES or sell it on eBay.

EB gave me $25 bucks for both the PS3 and the 360 version of Spider-Man 3. This was about a week ago give or take a couple of days.

Well, I lately have just been updating the RFD EBG trade-in wiki instead of posting here, but some idiot keeps deleting the 360 section. As of today it's gone again. I guess that's the problem with allowing everyone to do it instead of just a few people. Frustrating as I have been updating it often since March with my trade-ins.

Anyway, as of today (July 10, 2007), here's some trade-in values:

X360 - Perfect Dark Zero (non-collector's) = $6
X360 - Transformers (non-collector's) = $19
X360 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 = $21
X360 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 = $10

[quote name='nonrandomhero']i wanna do the trade 3 for assisins creed anyone know the value of halo 2, table tennis, and fight night round 3?[/quote]

It's not just you, but damn:

1.) CHECK the wiki link on the 1st page.
2.) CALL EB Games yourself.

You save:

1.) Time.
2.) Posts like these.

You lose:

1.) Your laziness.
2.) A couple kilojoules of energy.

This post may be harsh, but true.

bread's done
Back