[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were to trade in, say, 3 $4 at EB Games and received the extra $5 trade credit for each, would that make those games qualify for deals that usually require $8+ TIV? Or can you not combine trade-in deals?

[quote name='Gombay']If I were to trade in, say, 3 $4 at EB Games and received the extra $5 trade credit for each, would that make those games qualify for deals that usually require $8+ TIV? Or can you not combine trade-in deals?[/QUOTE]
Also the minimum TIV is $5 to qualify for the $5 bonus.

EB 2010/05/25:

PS3 Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga $7.50
PSP Chessmaster $6.25
DS Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Jedi Alliance $7.00
WII Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip $5.25
WII Donkey Kong Barrel Blast $5.25

Eb games June 28

wii red steel 2 - $17.50
wii dead rising chop - $18
wii godfather blackhand edition - $6.50
wii rayman rr - $6.25
wii sonic secret rings - $6.25
wii brunswick bowling - $7.50
wii batallion war 2 - $6.25
ps3 folklore - 7.50
wii mario tennis - $12
wii resident evil 4 - $9
wii dead space extraction - $10.25
wii worms space od - $11.25
ps3 gran turismo - $11
ps3 rise of the arginout - $9
ps3 rainbow six vegas 2 - $12
ps3 rb beatles - $10
wii mario strikers charged - $16
wii animal crossing - $17
ps3 gh smash hits - $15
ps3 sonic unleashed - $14
wii house of the dead overkill - $11
ps3 sixasis controller - $15

EB Games - June 28

:360: Grand Theft Auto IV - $10.00
:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum - $14.00
:360: NHL 10 - $16.00
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope - $13.25
:wii: Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars - $9.00

= $125.00 off new Xbox :D

EB Games

Mass Effect 2 - $25.25
God of War Collection - $15
Far Cry 2 (PS3) - $4
Motorstorm Pacific Rift - $12.50
Dead Rising - $5
Fable - .90

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']EB Games

Mass Effect 2 - $25.25
God of War Collection - $15
Far Cry 2 (PS3) - $4
Motorstorm Pacific Rift - $12.50
Dead Rising - $5
Fable - .90[/QUOTE]

lol @ Fable 2

[quote name='cashinstinct']Lucky you to get bonus for 2 systems, I think the promo is supposed to be limit 1... especially considering you bought a not-that-pricey system.[/QUOTE]

I called one EB, guy wasn't sure, emailed the mothership, called back, he said no problem. I ended up going to an EB closer to my place and no issues there knowing that I could have gone to the other one.

Was happy though...good dump of stuff i think

Anyone know what MGS Portable Ops and Portable Ops Plus are going for new or used at EB/Gamestop? Can't find them practically anywhere online and Game Centre just quoted me $40 for a used copy. Might have to buy them digitally but I'd rather have the UMDs.

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trade-in-values-canada/id379608162?mt=8

Released!

Although a new update will be submitted shortly...there currently isn't a way to delete games (which means there are currently a few duplicates). The ads also aren't correctly displaying yet...so don't go wasting your time clicking them (yet!)

Thanks a lot neksus,

Sent you a message to tivs.ca regarding the fact it seems to be on the US iTunes Store (instead of Canada).

I replied with some confusion, but it seems to be fine now. Must have had something to do with the time delay - I posted the release on RFD like literally 5 minutes after I got the email, even though the email said it could take up to 24 hours to appear.

Blockbuster is offering 75% of NEW RETAIL PRICING as trade in credit if you trade in a new release within 14 days. That explains the Lego Harry Potter and Singularity. $59.99 = $45 TIV. $64.99 = $48.75 (which doesn't add up to 48.50 but close enough?)

July 3 2010:

X360
Damnation 360 $6.50 EB
FEAR 2 $ 4.75 EB
Fight Night Round 4 $5.00 EB
GTA Episodes Liberty City $21.00 EB , $9.00 BBV
Mirror's Edge $3.25 EB (on tivs app, it shows up as $25.50 at EB on June 28, values are up to date in the app and it shows a different value on tivs.ca)
Nascar 09 $8.00 EB
Race Pro X360 $6.50 EB
Space Chimps 360 $5.50 EB
Star Wars Republic Heroes $7.00 EB
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 $7.00 EB , $8.00 BBV

I updated tivs.ca.

EBGames July 3rd
Marble Saga Kororinpa 6.50$
Bourne Conspiracy 360 6.25$
Star Wars Republic Heroes 7$
Supreme Commander 360 0.45$
Final Fantasy fables Chocobo Dungeons 7$

All above 8$ (no exact values)

Ninja Town DS
Beatles Rockband PS3
Prototype PS3

All under 5$ (no exact values)

Killzone 2
Bionic Commando PS3
Alone in the Dark 360
Watchmen The End is Nigh 360
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Blade

I wonder if Republic Heroes & Bourne will ever rise from the grave above 8$.... well I traded mine.

[quote name='TripleQ']Blockbuster is offering 75% of NEW RETAIL PRICING as trade in credit if you trade in a new release within 14 days. That explains the Lego Harry Potter and Singularity. $59.99 = $45 TIV. $64.99 = $48.75 (which doesn't add up to 48.50 but close enough?)[/QUOTE]

Really nice stuff.

Singularity and Lego aren't bad games, but trading those for more than $90 bucks... considering games are $2.50 + tax at BBV, it's like getting 30 games instead of 2!!!

[quote name='cashinstinct']Mirror's Edge $3.25 EB (on tivs app, it shows up as $25.50 at EB on June 28, values are up to date in the app and it shows a different value on tivs.ca)[/QUOTE]
I really want to verify this but already updated my database...anybody verify?
If that's the case I have no idea why it would be doing that seeing as the app is directly populated from the site.

Turn off 3G and wifi before going to tivs app in order to avoid automatic update, if Any coule Check the tiv in bold.

I unfortunately did not take a screenshot.

Shopping was so great with the app today, felt like heaven !!!

[quote name='cashinstinct']Turn off 3G and wifi before going to tivs app in order to avoid automatic update, if Any coule Check the tiv in bold.

I unfortunately did not take a screenshot.

Shopping was so great with the app today, felt like heaven !!![/QUOTE]

Haha, need an iphone...

Few tivs - All PS3 unless otherwise noted

Best Buy
Red Dead Redemption - 40
UFC Undisputed 2010 - 40
God of War 3 - 35
Modnation Racers - 35
2010 FIFA World Cup - 30
Alpha Protocol - 20

EB Games
Splinter Cell Conviction (360) - 40
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 - 15
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - 11

EBGames July 5th
Astro Boy PSP 9$
Ninja Town DS 8.50$
Beatle Rock Band PS3 10$
Prototype PS3 16$
Heavy Rain PS3 35$ .....? I got 52.50$ in PT, it seems a mistake

Btw, 999.99$ is the cap for EB credit, I was given a second card.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']EBGames June 5th
Astro Boy PSP 9$
Ninja Town DS 8.50$
Beatle Rock Band PS3 10$
Prototype PS3 16$

Btw, 999.99$ is the cap for EB credit, I was given a second card.[/QUOTE]
They should give you a "Turd Burglar" t-shirt when you hit $1000. Gratz! :applause:

Saving up enough credits to take over ownership of the store? ;)

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']EBGames June 5th
Astro Boy PSP 9$
Ninja Town DS 8.50$
Beatle Rock Band PS3 10$
Prototype PS3 16$

Btw, 999.99$ is the cap for EB credit, I was given a second card.[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean July 5.

Heavy Rain is on their most wanted this month, $35 sounds about right.

And man, I always try to keep my edge cards under $100.. I start getting funny looks when they're over $100.. I can't imagine what clerks think of your edge card.

Crazy, I've probably only ever gotten ~$700 or so total through all my trades (in return value, counting T3s). I can't even imagine how much money has been made with tivs.ca :razz:

I started getting weird looks around 300$, and then phase 2 around 700$ but now with that second clean card Im good for awhile :)

Heavy Rain may be right but I dont think the value is written on the MW list so kinda crazy it gets 35$ again. It was MW front cover at 35$ a month after its release.

Man ichit do you work or anything?? I don't know if I could handle a job and all the running around required to collect over $1000 in EB credit lol

100+ is not usual for clerks, you try to test them hard at 999!

Neksus, here is another info for faq: Max 999.99!!! ( and idea to carry multiple cards!!!! )

I have $120 on mine right now and the clerks always mention how much credit I have. I just tell them that I trade in for multiple people and we pool the credit of our games together. Little do they know that I have about 7 other cards from past Gaming Guarantees waiting to be spent.

I was always told that HO monitors any Edge card that maintains a balance over $100 to determine if you are a dealer ripe for banning, $1000 is asking to be investigated

I amassed nearly $250 on my main "Edge" card. I'm starting to whittle it down a little and working on a new card to avoid any odd reactions. I'd preorder some stuff, but there's really nothing I'm super sold on committing to ... I know I could change my orders, but that's a pain in the butt I'd rather avoid.

If they had 3DS preorders, I might consider that, but I suspect they'll have a nice trade-in deal on DSes before that's released.

I always use multiple cards. I try to keep it one game per card. But I usually don't keep more than 120-130 per card. 3 cards at a time. One Edge, and dump the other two when empty. I use them on things pretty quick anyways. Gotta keep it sneaky.

It's nice to have cards with huge amounts of Cred but with the banhammer being waved around these days. I'd be a little more skeptical.

I dunno really, between powertrade & gaming guarantee, its really not that hard to get.
So how does multiple cards work? Is it free to get new ones?

It is free, don't have to get Edge $5 discount sticker on each card.

Afrodiziak strategy to get an Edge card for each GG makes sense, it makes that each card has about the same amount (59,99 to 69,99), makes it easier to track and low balance is the way to go.

I usually dont carry a card with more than 300$ in fear of

a) losing it
b) weird looks
c) all the info from credit is sent to HO and if they saw like 700$ on a card, it might raise some awareness.

bread's done
Back