[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neksus']Thought you'd like that!
I'm going to be making another page that only shows those games...so basically that but more of them.[/QUOTE]NICE! Just what I was hoping for!

[quote name='neksus']Thought you'd like that!
I'm going to be making another page that only shows those games...so basically that but more of them.[/QUOTE]

+1 !
Thanks

[quote name='dtp11']As for apps, I don't have a palm, blackberry, iPhone, or android phone, so my vote goes to making the mobile site easier to use and more functional. Currently, it only lists 360/PS3/Wii games that qualify at EB. It would be nice if it listed PSP and DS games as well. Dates would be nice also. Having each platform open in a new page would eliminate scrolling and load times for me as well. A search function would also be very handy.[/quote]

I've added the search, upped the results to 60 days (still only qualifiers - unless you search, in which case it returns everything matching), and added the other two consoles. Is scrolling a huge pain? The console titles are clickable, and should take you to that spot on the page. The load times could make a difference on a small mobile - I'll try and think of something. Also, is there enough room for dates?

[quote name='dtp11']Did you lost your contact for getting the FS TIV dump? I'm surprised there aren't any RFD/CAG members who are employees of either FS, Rogers, BBV, BB, or EB that are willing to get you TIV dumps. It's probably not possible for some of those placed, but still. If I worked there, I'd be checking and writing down at least a bunch of the key TIVs and posting them.[/quote]
I only ever had 1 contact, and he didn't update often. I had the credentials myself so I was going into the store and downloading them when I got the chance. I do have a friend that works there, though. Maybe I'll drop him a line?

[quote name='dtp11']Maybe a message board exclusive to members with 50+ TIV updates would work? A place to share info on turds (where they found them, how much they cost, etc.) and any other general discussion, of course. That way, we can hopefully avoid any unwanted guests! This would also provide incentive to people to post TIVs to the site. No lurkers/non-contributors allowed! This would create more traffic and increase your profits from ads, correct?

There could also be a section (perhaps in the message board) for what games are good for transferring credit between stores.[/quote]

I've asked a few times if I should make a forum, but everytime people say CAG and RFD are enough. Any other peoples opinions?

[quote name='dtp11']Hope that feedback helps - I was hesitant in the past because I thought it would come across the wrong way (i.e. criticism) and didn't want you to get discouraged from providing us with such an awesome site (that only goes down a few times a day)! ;)[/quote]

Always looking for feedback!

[quote name='dtp11']Oh, and one more thing; missing games that are suggested to you to be added to the site used to show up on the main page once they've been added, but haven't been recently - can you make that happen again? That way, I see them once they're added and then I can add them to my collection, or I can update the TIV if I forget to tell you what it is when suggesting for you to add it. *EDIT: Nevermind, looks like you're still doing this - didn't notice as it was a bit delayed - thanks!*[/QUOTE]

I get sporadic emails and try to do them as often as possible...but I hate pushing an update with only 1 or 2 games :razz: The 'Recent Games' on the right displays images of the latest 360/Wii/PS3 games, so you could always follow that?

I've actually got something in mind that should allow people to keep on top of well, everything that goes on. I think I mentioned it to TripleQ a few months ago, but have been busy with other stuff.

[quote name='neksus']I've added the search, upped the results to 60 days (still only qualifiers - unless you search, in which case it returns everything matching), and added the other two consoles. Is scrolling a huge pain? The console titles are clickable, and should take you to that spot on the page. The load times could make a difference on a small mobile - I'll try and think of something. Also, is there enough room for dates?[/QUOTE]

Went ahead and changed it some more. Let me know what you think for now. The only thing I have right now to test it on is my iPhone as the Mrs isn't here, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to run into any troubles viewing it with that :razz:

[quote name='neksus']Went ahead and changed it some more. Let me know what you think for now. The only thing I have right now to test it on is my iPhone as the Mrs isn't here, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to run into any troubles viewing it with that :razz:[/QUOTE]

Good job ! (again) The /mobile/ site snow seems that it could be useful in certain scenarios and for many user.

The searching for /mobile/ is multi-platform, that's hot (compared to iPhone app / iPhone mobile site / regular website right now, I know it's in the works).

There is much less clicking than on iPhone mobile site.

Without date however, I have difficulty to imagine myself using the /mobile/ site. In today's rapid TIV changing world...

I don't think an additional forum is useful.

Futureshop or Bestbuy mass update of TIVS would be nice, considering many users want to trade there to get products other than games.

[quote name='neksus']I've added the search, upped the results to 60 days (still only qualifiers - unless you search, in which case it returns everything matching), and added the other two consoles. Is scrolling a huge pain? The console titles are clickable, and should take you to that spot on the page. The load times could make a difference on a small mobile - I'll try and think of something. Also, is there enough room for dates?[/QUOTE][quote name='neksus']Went ahead and changed it some more. Let me know what you think for now. The only thing I have right now to test it on is my iPhone as the Mrs isn't here, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to run into any troubles viewing it with that :razz:[/QUOTE]OH MY, that is SO much better! haha, seriously though, thank you SO much! :applause::) It's awesome now. The only thing I might suggest is one or two "back to top" links to bring you back to the top of the page (or at least one link at the bottom of each console's list).

And thanks for upping it to 60 days - having dates is still very important though - even if there isn't enough room, I'd be willing to scroll over for the date.

The search works GREAT! Good idea including the titles even before 60 days, but again: DATES! ;)

How on earth do you make these updates so quick?

p.s. The colour scheme change option = AWESOME.

[quote name='neksus']I get sporadic emails and try to do them as often as possible...but I hate pushing an update with only 1 or 2 games :razz: The 'Recent Games' on the right displays images of the latest 360/Wii/PS3 games, so you could always follow that?[/QUOTE]I think I posted somewhere that they finally showed up. I thought that once you added them into the database, they just popped up in the recent games column on the right. Or maybe they did and I just missed them? I was checking pretty much daily, so I'm not sure. Anyway, it's all good - not a big deal.

[quote name='neksus']I've actually got something in mind that should allow people to keep on top of well, everything that goes on. I think I mentioned it to TripleQ a few months ago, but have been busy with other stuff.[/QUOTE]Cool, looking forward to it. :bouncy: haha

[quote name='cashinstinct']Without date however, I have difficulty to imagine myself using the /mobile/ site. In today's rapid TIV changing world...[/QUOTE]+1. Date is KEY!

[quote name='cashinstinct']I don't think an additional forum is useful.[/QUOTE]It doesn't have to be a full-fledged forum. Just a small one with maybe 4 or 5 threads. One for turds, one for site suggestions/discussion, one for store credit transfers, etc. etc.. It's hard to explain all of the possibilities and potential I see for the forum, but I know it'll be good if it ever gets going.

[quote name='cashinstinct']Futureshop or Bestbuy mass update of TIVS would be nice, considering many users want to trade there to get products other than games.[/QUOTE]+1. REALLY nice. In fact, the tivs.ca, RFD, and CAG regulars (or anyone who is willing and/or who uses the site on a semi-regular basis) should each donate $1 to tivs.ca/neksus for every mass FS/BB update he does. I'm in for that - anyone else? Just so long as he doesn't do it too often! ;) I guess we'd have to keep it on the down-low though because if FS/BB found out someone was getting "paid" to get TIVs for their store, they might not be too happy (even though we're technically just "donating")! This might be a good discussion for the tivs.ca forum! :)

Don't want to look like the bad guy but shouldn't we create another thread for discussing tivs.ca iphone app and whatnot.

This is becoming like RFD, 2 TIVS update in 5 pages.
This thread has been hijacked into a feature recommendation topic.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Don't want to look like the bad guy but shouldn't we create another thread for discussing tivs.ca iphone app and whatnot.[/QUOTE]We could, why don't you start it up? ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']Well I guess I'll get this back on track

EB as of July 30

Rhythm Heaven - 7.50
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon - 7.50[/QUOTE]OUCH! Thanks though!

Updated tivs.ca.

[quote name='dtp11']We could, why don't you start it up? ;)

OUCH! Thanks though!

Updated tivs.ca.[/QUOTE] I was going to trade them towards SCII, but the value dropped below $8

I WAS NOT AMUSED

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Because I have no iphone and I don't give a crap?[/QUOTE]:applause:

neksus, did you bump it? Couldn't find it... do you have a link?

Couldn't find it before...search said it didn't exist, and I even went back manually about 15 pages...guess I just didn't go back enough! Thread starters ftw! It's bumped.

I know Game Centre isn't kept track of, but if you got the free Pixeljunk Monsters with a greatest hits PSP game from Best Buy last week they gave me $6 credit for it. Cash would have been $4. I took the case and swapped it with a used game I'd bought so I got the fresh case and the $6 toward a PSN card.

Just got back from Future Shop. This is the values they quoted me for the following:

8/02/10

Star Wars Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels (Wii) - $5.25
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii) - $0.25

Any ideas if Transformers: War for Cybertron will increase in value or should I trade it now? I mean, it was $40 and dropped down to $28.75. That's a pretty big drop in so little time. I just don't want to trade it in and then it jumps up in price. On the flip side, I don't want to hold onto it and it drops in value further.

[quote name='neospike']Any ideas if Transformers: War for Cybertron will increase in value or should I trade it now? I mean, it was $40 and dropped down to $28.75. That's a pretty big drop in so little time. I just don't want to trade it in and then it jumps up in price. On the flip side, I don't want to hold onto it and it drops in value further.[/QUOTE]
I only way I see it increasing from $28 is if it's on their most wanted list for September. There is honestly no way to know. In the long run though more games drop in value than go up, that is something you can count on with 100% certainty.

Since Walmart / BB / FS had it for $40 on launch day though I have a feeling this may be the highest you see it. Just a hunch on my part though.

EB - All PS3

Bionic Commando - $1.75
Terminator Salvation - $5
Uncharted 2 - $26.25
Just Cause 2 - $22.50

Then I did a trade 2 + $9.99 for Mafia II

Uncharted Drakes Fortune - $10.50 bumped to $25
GTA Liberty City Stories - $17 bumped to $25

EB - Xbox 360

Mass Effect 1 - 10.00
Heroes Over Europe - 8.75

Needed COD: MW2 for PS3 so I put them towards Kane & Lynch 2 which I plan on trading in for the full reatil value the day it comes out. Then I'll buy COD used with the 30% off promo ($42 which is not the cheapest, but the two games cost me $10 when I got them, so probably worth it :p).

From gamestop.ca

WE'VE INCREASED OUR TRADE VALUES!
We know you want the best value for your games...
So, we've increased the trade values on over 6,000 titles by nearly 25%! Rush over to any one of our locations to take advantage of the best trade values in Canada...before it's too late!

A lot of games that dropped last month are now qualifiers again

[quote name='TripleQ']From gamestop.ca

WE'VE INCREASED OUR TRADE VALUES!
We know you want the best value for your games...
So, we've increased the trade values on over 6,000 titles by nearly 25%! Rush over to any one of our locations to take advantage of the best trade values in Canada...before it's too late!

A lot of games that dropped last month are now qualifiers again[/QUOTE]

I love you

EB as of Aug 25

Valkyria Chronicles - 16.50
Rhythm Heaven - 7.50
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon - 7.50
Pokemon Diamond - 14.75
The World Ends With You - 11
Advance Wars days of ruin - 7.75

Does anyone know if a console trade-in promo is going on right now? Wouldn't mind trading in my current 360 and putting it towards the new Halo Reach Xbox :D

Does anyone here know if EB games will take broken ps3? I'm thinking of trading in my broken 80gb in for some money seeing it's just a pile or brick here. Is there a limit they have for trading them in? Like must come with controller, must have power cords, must have warranty sticker intact?

I read somewhere on the net that they will take YLOD ps3's.. but I'm not entirely certain...

Oh and does anyone know the trade in value of an 80gb Fat PS3?

No they will not take YLOD PS3s. Unless you happen to know someone very well at an EBG, and they are willing to put their job on the line for you of course.

EB does not take in broken consoles. To further answer your questions, EB does not give cash for anything traded in, just credit, a console when traded in must include the required accessories to use the console. so for your ps3, u would need to tarde in the controller, controller charge cable, power cable and av cable

edited for spelling

Aug 14th (I'm sure they are still the same today)

EB Games

NHL 10 (X360) - $7.00
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) - $15.00

Edit: NHL 10 is now $5.00

Aug 26, 10
EB
360-
Red Dead Redemption $37
DJ Hero Software $25
MX vs. ATV Reflex $7.50
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs ~$12 (was over $8 all I cared about)
Tornado Outbreak $11
Left 4 Dead 2 $12

Wii-
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs ~$12 (over $8)

PS3-
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs ~$12 (over $8)

PSP-
Call of Duty: Roads to Victory $10
Star Wars Force Unleashed $10

DS-
World Ends With You $11
Super Mario 64 $20.xx
Mario Party DS $12

Also was advised that on Aug 29-Sep 2 they will be doing +50% trade credit to numerous titles including Fifa 11, HAWX 2, and others. As well, September 18, (one day only), Refurbished Wiis will be 25% off.

Qualified
Resistance 2 12.50$
Klonoa 9$
Killzone 2
Darksiders PS3 12.50$
Rachet Clank ACIT 15.50$
Trauma Center Second Opinion 8$
Prototype 16-17$

DNQ
Hulk PS3 6.50$
Ninja Blade 6$
Heavenly Sword 7.50$ (..almost)
Metal Slug Anthology Wii 6$

[quote name='Super Strokey']Ebgames

Transformers War for Cybertron PS3 - $40

I was shocked its that high[/QUOTE]
Nice, must be on their most wanted list for the month. Pretty awesome considering some people got it for $40 at Walmart on launch day.

All games were over $8 tiv today at EB

PS3
Killzone 2
Oblivion (reg edition)
Batman AA

CoD WAW
Darksiders

Wii
Red Steel 2

Sorry, didnt get exact values. Pretty much got in and got out

EBG
Aug 29, 2010

DS-
Super Mario 64 DS $22.25
Meteos $7.25

Wii-
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs $13.50
The Conduit $6.50

360-
Borderlands $30.75
DJ Hero SW $25
Forza 3 $25
Red Dead Redemption $40
Eternal Sonata $6.75
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection $6.50
Dead Space $4.25
Ninja Blade $6.50
MX vs. ATV Reflex $7.50
Fear 2 $4.25
Beatles Rock Band $10.75

Basically, anything that was under 8, I took back for the time being, and left everything else for the 50%+ except Cloudy/Beatles which I did T2 for Metroid Other M.

Preorders now stand at:

New Vegas $64.99
Other M $50
Reach $50
MGS Rising $5
NHL 11 $69.99
Fifa 11 $69.99
HAWX 2 $46.13
GH6 $60
F1 2010 $37.50

Also of note, Forza 3 Collector's Edition is now out of EBG system for trade ins, an Forza 3 CE/LE is traded in as the regular edition. Not cool beans :(

I'll just wait to go in when a useless tit is working and will let me cancel a couple and keep the store credit. Namely HAWX and possibly GH6, depending on the tracklist.

Also for anyone that is going to be preordering any of the following: Spiderman, Fifa, GH6, Hawx 2, F1, or Ruse, be advised that if you currently purchase Red Dead w/ Edge discount it comes out to roughly $50+ tax, and then you can trade it towards one of those for $60 because of the 50% boost. It's an easy way to save $5 if you're planning on getting them anyways. Also keep in mind, that Red Dead is on T2 for $9.99 so you could T2, get it for $10, and then trade it for $60 towards one of those games.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back