[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fingers crossed that we see some good deals this week. I'd probably bite if that Tomb Raider rumor turns out to be true. Hopefully it's only $10 :)

[quote name='game_fanatic']Well, I had a weird episode today...I tried to buy the Rock Band Track Pack and the cashier informed me it was not on sale; she said she scanned it earlier and it rang up at the regular price, and she did not receive an email stating the price drop; anybody else have problems getting the deal?[/QUOTE]

When I mentioned it at Gamestop the girl pulled out this 10 page booklet with all the deals. They should have it.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']well i just finished Prince of Persia, (under 12 hours) and if you need a damn good story and platforming, you should stick around for the end. damn... now i gotta buy the ending on PSN , but its worth it :)

the controls are...iffy in the start, but when you get used to it, it'll be platforming at it's best. im in for round two :d[/QUOTE]

Now that you're done with it, sell it to me so I can play it. :)

[quote name='Athena Bast']When I mentioned it at Gamestop the girl pulled out this 10 page booklet with all the deals. They should have it.[/QUOTE]

Such a thing does not exist. The 10 page booklet you're talking about is a Marketing Tab, it's for the signage in the store and instructions on what stuff should look like, it also has cross promotions with other companies and what the pre-order bonuses will be along with very few in-store stuff. The deals and Game Days promotions are in our emails.

She either took it out to appease you, or she's new, or a moron.

[quote name='telepathy']the problem is that they need to do price adjustments since nothing gets done on the weekend which sucks. That was what happened at another store that i went to & that's what they told me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah to everyone who didn't get on the deal (for some reason) here's a tip for next time:

At EBG there's NOTHING done on the weekend, since all our morning updates come directly from head office there needs to be someone working there to actually key in the updates and since head office gets every weekend off like a bunch of schoolkids (even though they're the most out of touch non-gamers and "casuals" imaginable) there's no weekend (Sun-Mon) price adjustments.

So just tell the person there that "yeah you're supposed to price match yourself for this since there's no morning updates for weekends".

price changes came in on Saturday, so there is stuff done on the weekend. HO can set the price changes to come out on what day they pick, so no one has to be there for it to still print out.

[quote name='Ranzo']price changes came in on Saturday, so there is stuff done on the weekend. HO can set the price changes to come out on what day they pick, so no one has to be there for it to still print out.[/QUOTE]
It happens on Saturday, yes, because HO was at work on the Friday, the price and TIV adjustments occur the night beforeat HO so that they are in effect on the next day. What has been said is that HO is off on Saturdays and Sundays no no adjustments are made in the computer on the next two days, Sunday and Monday.

[quote name='Ranzo']Sat- COD 3 9.99
Sun- Rockband trackpack 9.99
Mon- Animal crossing BDL 29.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up re:Animal Crossing. Wasn't quite sure if I wanted it or not earlier, but figured I'd buy at a good price now and trade/sell later if necessary. Getting the bundle makes it worthwhile.

By the way, I noticed that Sam & Max on Wii is only $10 new. Maybe it's been that way for a while... but the game is easily worth that asking price! (Note: The engine used in the Wii version does have some issues with loading and sound clipping. It doesn't really hurt the game, but I recommend reading a review or two before buying.)

$39 for SOCOMM with Headset is pretty good. I was thinking of buying the headset anyway. Blockbuster has the headset for $45 alone, so even if I only get $15 for SOCOMM on eBay it is worth it.
~S

EB Games at Conestoga has a TON of the RB Track Packs for both PS3 and 360 for $4.89.

What happens if you already own some of the songs? I have some of the songs on the track pack already.

[quote name='thegamecubist']EB Games at Conestoga has a TON of the RB Track Packs for both PS3 and 360 for $4.89.

What happens if you already own some of the songs? I have some of the songs on the track pack already.[/QUOTE]

They still only appear once so you can delete duplicates from your HDD (if they aren't in packs)

[quote name='thelaughingman']but they took all the info from here to begin with...

here lets try this:

OMG A BUDDY OF MINE @ EB SAID HE JUST GOT A HUGE SHIPMENT OF MGS FOR PS3.
THE TIV IS 7 BECAUSE THEY GOT TONS OF COPIES. IT MIGHT GO ON SALE THIS WEDNESDAY!

/sarcasm. see how easy it is?

anyways, anyone going out to pickup the Animal Crossing Bundle tomorrow? I got the most wanted flyer today and on the front page it shows AC for $25 TIV! Great for anyone who wants wiispeak for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Just trying to help. Just seems to be easier to follow the RFD thread with one post updated daily.

[quote name='ps3dude']Just trying to help. Just seems to be easier to follow the RFD thread with one post updated daily.[/QUOTE]

yeah npnp no hard feeling here.

Picked up Animal Crossing Bundle today, thanks again OP.

[quote name='Ranzo']Tomb Raider 360
MGS ps3
SW Force ps3
End War ps3[/QUOTE]

Tomb Raider: Underworld I presume. Looks like my wallet is gonna get a workout for the next month.

[quote name='Jouvert']Tomb Raider: Underworld I presume. Looks like my wallet is gonna get a workout for the next month.[/QUOTE]
According to those at RFD, it's the original Xbox version.

thanks.

will pick up all the ps3 games for sure.

Get a new copy of MGS4 to replace my current copy and trade it back into EB Games. Its nice getting a new pristine copy.

Will avoid Star Wars because it has no trophies and I played the PSP one. End War is debatable at this point because I heard the game isn't too good but it has trophies which is nice.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']No Wii love. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Animal Crossing is still going on for another few hours. :D

[quote name='musdy']According to those at RFD, it's the original Xbox version.[/QUOTE]

Can't be, because there are no original version.

i got a tip from laughingman (cheers) that GWHT for Wii was dropping further than the advertised price for Game Days. i couldn't find any Wii copies tonight but I was told they were stickering them all and to come back tomorrow for the daily deal:

GHWT Bundle (guitar,drums,mic,game) all platforms - $99.99
GWHT on it's own will be $19.99 new

that's the word from my EB employee tipster.

[quote name='CaptainCharismaCCC']Will avoid Star Wars because it has no trophies and I played the PSP one. End War is debatable at this point because I heard the game isn't too good but it has trophies which is nice.[/QUOTE]

EndWar is/was a fun game, especially if you start digging the voice-command system. Enjoyed every minute of it when I had it. Great production values and "theoretically" can last for a very long time. A big aspect of it was the online campaign mode, though I'm not sure how strong the community is for that anymore.

hmm think it's worth picking up world tour? I don't currently have a set of equipment, but don't really wanna shell out $100 right now...

[quote name='j940651']i got a tip from laughingman (cheers) that GWHT for Wii was dropping further than the advertised price for Game Days. i couldn't find any Wii copies tonight but I was told they were stickering them all and to come back tomorrow for the daily deal:

that's the word from my EB employee tipster.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, saw this on RFD, but I only need the game anyways so I'll be picking this oen up.

[quote name='j940651']i got a tip from laughingman (cheers) that GWHT for Wii was dropping further than the advertised price for Game Days. i couldn't find any Wii copies tonight but I was told they were stickering them all and to come back tomorrow for the daily deal:

that's the word from my EB employee tipster.[/QUOTE]

There goes $20.

It will be hard to find a MGS LE new for 9.89, I have not seen one in some time. The used normal version of MGS will be 9.89 as well but not the normal new version.....

and yes GHTW is $99.99 on all systems. $89.99 on ps2. I guess best buy was going to do a sale soon like this so EB jumped on it first.

RFD thinking its a xbox version of tomb raider and not a 360 version is just stupid.

Bahhh I just bought SW:TFU for the Xbox 360 at Zellers for $20.09; GHWT for $19.99 would be siiick...mannn I'm spending too much money on games this summer...this sale came at the worst possible time.

Shame there's not more Wii love on the way (yet), but the Animal Crossing bundle was a good price and there's a lot of time left.

Star Wars Force Unleashed is an awesome deal for $10. It's not the best game, but has an interesting enough story and some fun force powers. Recommended for any Star Wars fans. :)

[quote name='neksus']hmm think it's worth picking up world tour? I don't currently have a set of equipment, but don't really wanna shell out $100 right now...[/QUOTE]
Well, if you can wait till GH5 comes out, you'd probably see GH:WT at around $100 pretty consistently; RB1 didn't take long to come down after RB2 came out.

[quote name='kathos']Such a thing does not exist. The 10 page booklet you're talking about is a Marketing Tab, it's for the signage in the store and instructions on what stuff should look like, it also has cross promotions with other companies and what the pre-order bonuses will be along with very few in-store stuff. The deals and Game Days promotions are in our emails.

She either took it out to appease you, or she's new, or a moron.
[/QUOTE]

There was no "appeasing" me. I asked her very politely if there was any of the $4.99 doorcrasher of Rock Band Track Pack 2 left for the Xbox 360. I had a copy of Rock Band in my hand when I approached her at the cash counter.

She then reached for this stapled booklet of about 10 pages, that was sitting on the counter behind her, seemingly to make sure that was the deal for the day.

[quote name='game_fanatic']...mannn I'm spending too much money on games this summer...this sale came at the worst possible time.[/QUOTE]

hehe, tell me about it :D

lots of people are lurking here and stealing info from CAG!

even Majizzmaniac is lurking here! :lol:

[quote name='zeze']So the PS3 version of tomb raider is not going to be on sale?[/QUOTE]

Ya with the information now , it seems that eb will only have the 360 tomb raider on sale, but still there are three great games on sale tom for the PS3.
Endwar, Force Unleashed, and MGS4, and in my opinion all of those games are better then tomb raider underworld.

[quote name='Turtleman']Ya with the information now , it seems that eb will only have the 360 tomb raider on sale, but still there are three great games on sale tom for the PS3.
Endwar, Force Unleashed, and MGS4, and in my opinion all of those games are better then tomb raider underworld.[/QUOTE]

and for all the Wii owners out there... maybe they'll put Metroid Prime Corruption up for sale again :lol:

I think EB might go on the conservative route and put Endwar, Force Unleashed, and Tom Raider for the other consoles next week or throughout the month...

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Damn, why couldn't SW be for the 360 and not the PS3[/QUOTE]

You can buy it at Zellers for $20 for the 360.

I wonder how hard it's going to be to find a copy of Tomb Raider today.

Going to head over after work today and see if I can find a copy of MGS I could put aside for tomorrow.

bread's done
Back