[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Wii owner, all I've heard is how the game was broken with a necessary switch that was simply missing in the final build. Nice to see that 2/3 of the consoles received QA testing though!
;)

[Edit -- That's not a problem on other systems, and this link describes how to avoid the game-breaking Wii bug: http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=13345]

Seriously, Tomb Raider seemed decent but not groundbreaking in any way. A good use of $10 for anyone who like the series, but not something I'd pay much more for.

[quote name='Turtleman']Ya with the information now , it seems that eb will only have the 360 tomb raider on sale, but still there are three great games on sale tom for the PS3.
Endwar, Force Unleashed, and MGS4, and in my opinion all of those games are better then tomb raider underworld.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I already have those three games that are going to be on sale for the PS3. I would get tomb raider for 360, but most of the time all the 360 games are only gutted copys, and they are scratched up so much. I was looking at some of the Game day Games I bought last year which were gutted that I haven't opened and most of them were scratched up alot. I thought that they were supposed to be new, MEANING NO SCRATCHES.

[quote name='zeze']Yeah, I already have those three games that are going to be on sale for the PS3. I would get tomb raider for 360, but most of the time all the 360 games are only gutted copys, and they are scratched up so much. I was looking at some of the Game day Games I bought last year which were gutted that I haven't opened and most of them were scratched up alot. I thought that they were supposed to be new, MEANING NO SCRATCHES.[/QUOTE]EB employees always look at me like like I'm crazy when I refuse to buy gutted copies. "But it's not used...it's still a new copy!". Thankfully, I was able to get a sealed copy of Tomb Raider today.

[quote name='buzzyon']EB employees always look at me like like I'm crazy when I refuse to buy gutted copies. "But it's not used...it's still a new copy!". Thankfully, I was able to get a sealed copy of Tomb Raider today.[/QUOTE]

Where I used to live, there was one jerk who would be really aggressive about selling gutted copies of games. This was in the same store where I know 100% that employees were taking gutted copies of new games home to play.

Me: "Do you have a sealed copy of this game?"

EB: "Sure, I'll ring it right up. That comes to $45!"

Me: "No, I said a sealed copy. That one has already been opened, and I want one that's brand new."

EB: "This is new, don't worry about it."

Me: "Let me see the disc." ... "So, um, it's scratched right there."

EB: "It might have a light scratch from being stored in our paper sleeve, but it's guaranteed to play. Don't worry! If you have any problems just bring it back within the first week and we'll give you a new one."

Me: "No thanks. I can grab a shrinkwrapped copy at another store for the same price, and won't have to worry. I don't want to pay full price for an played copy of the game."

EB: "Why do you want a sealed copy anyway? You're going to have to open the game before playing. So just take this one already!"

Me: (Walks out of the store empty-handed.)

Luckily, I found a nearby EB Games in Markham where the service is great and the salespeople are friendly and helpful. Oddly, I don't mind stupid stuff like pre-orders or the occasional gutted game when I actually like and trust the people selling them to me... Hmmm, wonder if there's a lesson to be learned there.
;)

[quote name='Bencherstyle']damn, no action for me this week.[/QUOTE]

That's what she said. ;)

Am I the only one who thinks of the movie every time I see "Underworld" without the TR prefix?

[quote name='buzzyon']EB employees always look at me like like I'm crazy when I refuse to buy gutted copies. "But it's not used...it's still a new copy!". Thankfully, I was able to get a sealed copy of Tomb Raider today.[/QUOTE]

This has started to bug me as well. Whenever I ask for a sealed copy of a game the EB employees always look at me like I'm retarded or something!

If I'm going to get a gutted copy it should be at a used game price. I don't care what guarantee they give me.

[quote name='Jouvert']This has started to bug me as well. Whenever I ask for a sealed copy of a game the EB employees always look at me like I'm retarded or something![/QUOTE]

haha that's so true
happens to me all the time
once the package has been opened, the game is used

[quote name='exolstice']If I'm going to get a gutted copy it should be at a used game price. I don't care what guarantee they give me.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just buy the used one then?

[quote name='Mattius_Carl']Why don't you just buy the used one then?[/QUOTE]

If the option is available, then sure.

[quote name='Mattius_Carl']Why don't you just buy the used one then?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, I'm a lot happier buying a brand new, never-been-played game for the extra $5. Especially when it looks like the disc has been chewed in the previously owned version...

Only thing I'm interested in is a decently priced MGS4: LE... Hopefully they will exist. I own every MGS LE edition but MGS because I missed the Futureshop sale unfortunately.

Reason I hate gutted copies though... Not because theyre used or opened... But because they put their f***ing stickers right on the box damaging it.

[quote name='RoganSarine']Only thing I'm interested in is a decently priced MGS4: LE... Hopefully they will exist. I own every MGS LE edition but MGS because I missed the Futureshop sale unfortunately.

Reason I hate gutted copies though... Not because theyre used or opened... But because they put their f***ing stickers right on the box damaging it.[/QUOTE]

Talk about it, it happened to me with POP sealed copy...

Seriously, the holes in the PS3 boxes are way too big, makes it so easy to damage your artwork.

Generally I take the artwork out when doing it now... but it still damages the plastic. Why can't they use those rectangular normal stickers that come off easily like MOST places? And DON'T leave any residue?

Instead of using like 16 stickers... Seriously -- They use like 4 stickers. One for the side, one for the back, one for the front, and the pointless "seal"

[quote name='ejamer']EB: "Why do you want a sealed copy anyway? You're going to have to open the game before playing. So just take this one already!"[/QUOTE]
Me (as a joke): "I like to lick the disc before playing it for the first time and I don't like the idea of someone else touching it first. It's not very hygienic you know."

Don't get me started on their damn stickers. I have to spend about 30 minutes removing them using GooGone. I also don't let them seal the games with that other useless sticker.

[quote name='musdy']So it's only used copies on sale?? cause thats what they just told me.[/QUOTE]

No. Somebody just screwed you.

[quote name='Jouvert']No. Somebody just screwed you.[/QUOTE]
Well thats just fucking great.

[quote name='exolstice']Don't get me started on their damn stickers. I have to spend about 30 minutes removing them using GooGone. I also don't let them seal the games with that other useless sticker.[/QUOTE]Yeah I usually take that sticker off before I even get out the door. It's an absolute nightmare even one minute after applying.

Took a look down there today and they had We Love Golf for $10... I don't think I could personally do Wii Golf again after playing Super Swing (and I'm a Hot Shots guy anyway) but I'm sure someone would think $10 is worth it. Reviews decently as well.

The Last Remnant is $34.99. I NEED MORE SAVINGS DAMNIT!!

Also, Infinite Undiscovery is at the completely random price of $26.98.

[quote name='thegamecubist']
Also, Infinite Undiscovery is at the completely random price of $26.98.[/QUOTE]

That's weird. At my local EB Infinite Undiscovery is $19.99 (new). Not a bad price if you're into RPGs.

Picked up a new(and sealed! yay!) Tomb Raider UnderWorld at the Surrey location today. came up at 9.89. I would also like to add that they're super nice there.

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Any word on if there will be any new deals tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Metal Gear Solid 4 LE will be $9.89 and used copies of the regular edition will be $9.99

[quote name='Dr Banzai']Picked up a new(and sealed! yay!) Tomb Raider UnderWorld at the Surrey location today. came up at 9.89. I would also like to add that they're super nice there.[/QUOTE]

picked up a copy today at my local EB. Was charged $9.99 although it was marked $9.89......re-sealed gutted copies were all that was left.

Not sure why'd they make TFU $20 and not $10 when it's selling other places for like $15. :\

Did anyone have any luck getting GHWT for $20 today?

i didn't see any $19.99 GHWT games in EB today.
i saw $39.99 new and $34.99 used.
was it just the bundle deal and there was not a just game super deal?

[quote name='supergrover99']picked up a copy today at my local EB. Was charged $9.99 although it was marked $9.89......re-sealed gutted copies were all that was left.[/QUOTE]

Well that's what my local eb does, but they usually have great service, so i dont really care about the .... 10 cents ;)

As I said in the other thread... If anyone in the greater vancouver area wants to keep their eyes out for a MGS4: LE copy for me and pick one up... I will gladly buy it and do the same for you! I am going to try to get a couple for people on CAG and resell it at the sale price.

I am going to three different locations to try and snag a couple copies for myself and the cags who want it. However, I'd like it if someone could get one for me (ill pay regardless -- and if you dont believe me surely another CAG will buy it if I am being a lying dick) incase I can't find any at the locations

Yesterday, my local EB had no LE's left in stock so they called 3 other locations and they didn't have any either. They said that they were hoping to get people to buy up some of their huge stockpile of regular edition used copies indtead!

It is also confirmed that SW: TFU and TC: End War (PS3 only) are on sale tomorrow and Friday respectively.

I actually have no interest in getting this game since I've already beaten it but I wouldn't mind dropping by the EBs close to my house to see if they have any LEs in stock for you guys. Is everyone just interested in brand new LE, and not used or regular editions? Don't want to have to go back and return them. :cry:

Just got back from Limeridge Mall in Hamilton and got the last sealed copy of MGS LE at the Gamestop there and 1 copy at the EB (not sure if there are any more, only needed a copy for myself and a relative). Probably at least 3 gutted copies between the two stores.

I got to the Eatons Centre EB at 10:05... sold out.
I'd still really like to get this game...

Took the last copy LE at Montreal Place Versailles, the guy had to search to find them. It was still sealed... it was not in perfect condition but good enough for me, same price for the music disc and blu-ray.

They still have few used MGS4 copies, not tagged yet.

Whitby/Thickson Rd had several new copies as of 11am. I was also told that the regular edition used copies were also $9.99 although they weren't marked as being on sale on the shelf.

Y'know with this Metal Gear Solid 4: LE deal the EBs all seem to have very limited stock. Out of the 2 EBs in my area, the first one only had 1 copy to begin with while the second location only had 2. Needless to say both locations sold out within minutes of opening. They've now begun substituting the regular used MSG4 for $9.89. I believe this was always their main intent: to get people in-store and then get rid of their excess used stock of MGS4 to folks who don't want to go home empty-handed. Pretty sneaky!

[quote name='Jouvert']... I believe this was always their main intent: to get people in-store and then get rid of their excess used stock of MGS4 to folks who don't want to go home empty-handed. ...[/QUOTE]

*shock*
I don't believe a retail outlet would ever stoop to such lows! (That said, used copies of MGS4 for $10 are still a hot deal.)
:D

Snagged a MGS4:LE right before the cashier was about to gut another copy. She had already gone through three copies.

[quote name='Jouvert']Y'know with this Metal Gear Solid 4: LE deal the EBs all seem to have very limited stock. Out of the 2 EBs in my area, the first one only had 1 copy to begin with while the second location only had 2. Needless to say both locations sold out within minutes of opening. They've now begun substituting the regular used MSG4 for $9.89. I believe this was always their main intent: to get people in-store and then get rid of their excess used stock of MGS4 to folks who don't want to go home empty-handed. Pretty sneaky![/QUOTE]
All of these daily doorcrashers are limited to the stock on hand and are designed to clear out non-selling stock and it's not really a bait and switch if it's an unadvertised deal and only a small fraction of the public is actually aware of the sale.

For those that have been to EB in the past few days, did you happen to notice any price change on the 360 version of Mirror's Edge? Read a few reports of it being 9.99 as well but is that for a new or used copy?

I can confirm Mirror's Edge on 360 is $9.99 now new, just picked one up today. I think it's the regular price now, as it was stickered at $9.99 and not $9.89 like most sale items.

bread's done
Back