Mass Effect Xbox360
Pokemon Battle Revolution Wii
Tabula Rasa PC
Warhawk PS3
Bioshock PC, Xbox360
The Darkness PS3, Xbox360
Guild Wars:Eye of the North PC
Lair PS3[/FONT]

[quote name='snowsquirrel']well, I can confirm that this deal is on, despite the fact that their website does not mention it. I went with R6.

I get a kick out of EB. They were all like "oh, good thing you preordered, might be a shortage", etc. :roll:

When was the last time that there was a shortage of a hyped game?

~S[/quote]

Beware of games at Christmas time.
Animal Crossing: Wild World took me like 8 stores across three cities to find. And I got a copy someone had just returned. Not only that, I didn't even play the game past the train ride >_>;

[quote name='Ranzo']If i say it is on then it is. no neeed for more comfirmation then that. Your only problem is finding an employee that reads emails.[/quote]

^ Yep. Just ask the employee politely to check their bulletins if they're not busy. It's not like Ranzo's giving us information specific to his store.

im excited for this year because i went to rogers...picked up 12 games, went straight over to EB and did the trade 3 for free on
mass effect
halo 3
assassins creed
bioshock (then added $10 for collectors edition)
did the math and saved about $20 a game

I was thinking about working together three games, but I think it's going to be more work than it's worth (trade-in values are all over the place nowadays compared to the info available online here or at RFD).

But essentially, the deal is you should be able to swap out a 3-for-1 game for another 3-for-1 if you change your mind, right? I've got an Assassin's Creed preorder I'm not thrilled about... wouldn't mind switching over to Bioshock or maybe Mass Effect (probably Bioshock... I"m still sitting on a copy of Jade Empire I've got to play).

[quote name='SickBoy']
But essentially, the deal is you should be able to swap out a 3-for-1 game for another 3-for-1 if you change your mind, right? I've got an Assassin's Creed preorder I'm not thrilled about... wouldn't mind switching over to Bioshock or maybe Mass Effect (probably Bioshock... I"m still sitting on a copy of Jade Empire I've got to play).[/quote]

You can swap out a 3 for 1 for any upcoming game, whether or not it is actually part of the 3 for 1 promotion. I have done this 3 times now (Assassin's Creed --> Bioshock, Assassin's Creed --> Tenchu Z, Halo 3 --> Too Human).

I tried swapping today... the guy said the system would not let him and told me to come back when Rainbow Six Vegas is out to cancel it then (I preorder that before). The thing is that The Darkness (one I want to switch for) is coming out before Rainbow Six... and I want to get the game earlier. :/

[quote name='Leshita']I tried swapping today... the guy said the system would not let him and told me to come back when Rainbow Six Vegas is out to cancel it then (I preorder that before). The thing is that The Darkness (one I want to switch for) is coming out before Rainbow Six... and I want to get the game earlier. :/[/quote]

Try another EB or come back later. I switched my pre-order with no problems. I didn't even need a receipt: just ID.

I think Pokemon came out today. Would I be able to do 3 for Free on it tomorrow? I forgot if there was still a period of time after the game where you could get it.

[quote name='Firestorm']I think Pokemon came out today. Would I be able to do 3 for Free on it tomorrow? I forgot if there was still a period of time after the game where you could get it.[/quote]

You should be able to do it for the first week of release. I was able to trade 3 for spider-man 3 a few days after release. As long as your EB has good CS you are golden.

I was thinking Halo 2. I preordered it, then walked into store when it came out, only to see it all over the place. I don't think I saw a single store sold out. The H2 Ltd. Ed. tins were available for almost 2 years after it came out too.

I never pre-order anything now, unless, EB has a crazy trade-in promo.

It would make sense that games which come with specialized h/w (GH2) have the possibility of a shortage...

BTW - I second the notion of a BBV TIV wiki for canada.

~S

[quote name='Skardee']Two questions:
1. Could I trade in DS games (that are $8+) for BioShock 360?[/quote]

1.) I assume so.

2.) Where is Q. #2?

lol. I was going to ask if anyone knew the trade in value for Lunar Knights before realizing that I could just phone.
I'm just too lazy >_>

[quote name='supergrover99']You should be able to do it for the first week of release. I was able to trade 3 for spider-man 3 a few days after release. As long as your EB has good CS you are golden.[/quote]yea i got pokemon battle revolution the other day, the thing is (Vancouver only) the pacific centre location said they were only doing the 3 for 1 with certain games, which pissed me right off since i wanted to preorder Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, i had just spent the previous day scouring BBV and RV for 8+ TiV games, so i just caved in and took pokemon, but from what i'm hearing you can just use the 59.99 store credit and swap for another game? am i interpreting this correctly?

[quote name='Skardee']lol. I was going to ask if anyone knew the trade in value for Lunar Knights before realizing that I could just phone.
I'm just too lazy >_>[/quote]

Umm, if you don't trade it in remember to offer it to us. I've been looking for a deal on Lunar Knights ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']yea i got pokemon battle revolution the other day, the thing is (Vancouver only) the pacific centre location said they were only doing the 3 for 1 with certain games, which pissed me right off since i wanted to preorder Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, i had just spent the previous day scouring BBV and RV for 8+ TiV games, so i just caved in and took pokemon, but from what i'm hearing you can just use the 59.99 store credit and swap for another game? am i interpreting this correctly?[/quote]

Yeah you can change it. I changed my MGS4 and GTAIV pre-orders to a DS Lite. I just recently changed my Metroid Prime 3 preorder to Pokemon since the announced release date for MP3 is pretty much the day after I leave for Winnipeg on vacation.

[quote name='Firestorm'] the day after I leave for Winnipeg on vacation.[/quote]

AHAHAHAHA! Why in the hell would you want to come here for vacation?!

Just came back from EBGames...
Yay! I traded in Phantasy Star Online 1+2 Plus, Hotel Dusk, and Red Steel for BioShock. They let me pay an extra $10 (plus tax) to get the Limited Edition.

I got my BioShock preordered and I retain my copy of Lunar Knights ^_^

Huh, Pacific Centre EB is probably one of the best I've heard of. Been there once to trade for a DS Lite and had no problems there. Same with Richmond Centre, and I've been there quite a few more times.

im pretty sure the shittiest EB games is near me in eastgate square, everyone there is either a few beans short of a buiritto or a complete asshole

first time i've ever gone to the pacific centre EB and definitely the last, employees gave me a hard time, however the oakridge EB guy wouldn't even let me ask the TIV for some games even though i was IN THE STORE, he said he couldn't look it up w/o the game, i was just about to flip him off

i seriously wonder how some of those guys can maintain their jobs, EB generally has pretty low standards for employee recruitment

[quote name='Skardee']Too many people from Vancouver! I can't relate to your EB stories :([/quote]

mine is in ontario.

i hate EB but sometimes these 3 for 1 deals are too good

i hear ya buddy, but its a thin line between getting a game for cheap and having to deal with the tards (no offense to those who are EB employees here)

[quote name='nonrandomhero']mine is in ontario.

i hate EB but sometimes these 3 for 1 deals are too good[/quote]

Oh yeah? Where in Ontario are you?
I go to the ones in London.

I've been to the ones in London. They all seem pretty good. I remember years ago when I bought a used copy of Pikmin, the store I was in didn't have a book for it and the girl in there called the rest of the stores in the city just to get me one. So that got them in my good books right there. The folks at the EB in Sarnia are good too. Its funny because the manager of the EB store here in Sarnia (cool guy), his brother is the manager (or was last time I heard) of the EB in Masonville Place.

That's weird. I've never had a problem at EB Pacific Centre o.o; Maybe I've just been lucky? They had a job ad up on the door and I e-mailed them >.>; I need a job. Unemployed student in the summer is a no-no.

[quote name='imcrazy']AHAHAHAHA! Why in the hell would you want to come here for vacation?![/quote]

Family =P Everyone asks me that when I say I'm gonna go to Winnipeg! All you crazy people hate your city XD

[quote name='Skardee']Oh yeah? Where in Ontario are you?
I go to the ones in London.[/quote]
Cool, I am in London too. I haven't had any problems with EBs around here, but sometimes they have to pull out their binder of promotions to check if something is running. But for the most part they are all really nice and cool to talk to.

[quote name='peterjsparks']I've been to the ones in London. They all seem pretty good. I remember years ago when I bought a used copy of Pikmin, the store I was in didn't have a book for it and the girl in there called the rest of the stores in the city just to get me one. So that got them in my good books right there. The folks at the EB in Sarnia are good too. Its funny because the manager of the EB store here in Sarnia (cool guy), his brother is the manager (or was last time I heard) of the EB in Masonville Place.[/quote]

Ah word. I really like the people at the Hyde Park EB Games. They pretty much moved everyone that used to work at the one in Masonville to HP. I know the guys pretty good ^_^

[quote name='maigoyume']i went there on account of you saying it was a great place, but i've never had so much trouble at an EB before >

[quote name='maigoyume']i went there on account of you saying it was a great place, but i've never had so much trouble at an EB before >

I'm from the London area aswell. I have yet to go to the EB games at Hyde Park. But the one in Argyle mall really sucks lol

has anyone ever been to the sources location in montreal? i personnaly handled it so all of the eb games in montreal KNOW their promotions. Thats the thing guys, if you dont call to complain about anything, nothing will change.

complaining about employees who should not even work there, is another thing. one guy in particular is quite a character(rude, makes you feel unconfortable, insulting). I thought I was the only one who hated him(because of previous attempts at my brain capacity, and he insulted my mom. and trust me if you dont get bat up, you go into a forever hate book; you know how it is.), until one day I was there, and someone asked him a question, he answered quick and snide, and followed without a breath inbetween "and now this conversation is over, the store is closing so leave". the guy was shocked, and he went to leave, but quickly came back to tell him there is a way to talk to people you rude little sh!$." i cant believe how rude and insulting he is, and is still working there. I am sure he is someones brother or kid... He knows about all the promotions now at least...

[quote name='Firestorm']Sorry =([/quote]ah no worries buddy, these things happen all the time

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Maybe it was bad timing? Canada Day long weekend, kids out of school, it might've been busy. Or maybe they got some new employees.

Kinda interesting: so many people from GVR here, but RFD is full of GTA'ers.[/quote] could be, its just so close to VCC and since i get off class at like 1, i can just walk a few blocks and see whats going on over there instead of going to oakridge

[quote name='Zowsky']I'm from the London area aswell. I have yet to go to the EB games at Hyde Park. But the one in Argyle mall really sucks lol[/quote]
Actually I go to Argyle quite a lot, and they even allowed us to preorder an Elite when no other stores would. They just had our fav EB employee transfer from the Victoria Plaza (Wellington & Commissioners) there too, so we'll probably start going there more often. Never had any issues with them and they all seem pretty cool.

Does anyone know how long the 3-1 promo is running? I'd really like to preorder mass effect but haven't had time to scour rogers / BBV for any cheap games. Hoping they add a few new games to the list too (hint hint Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata for starters!). Maybe the new BBV sale will make finding some games to trade in easier.

Well I haven't been there for a while so they could've got new people but I remember last time I was there, they had a game with a price tag of like 59.99 and it rung up as 69.99 and they said oops thats the wrong sticker we need to sell it for 69.99 I said #$%# that lol, walked to Walmart which is right beside them and bought it for 59.99

Oh I agree that is lame. I give EB a fair amount of business, but only if it's still a good deal. If I can walk down to the other end of the mall and buy it $10 cheaper at walmart, I certainly will too!

bread's done
Back