[Canada] Pepsi Score Every Hour Contest

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
This is for Canadians so I posted it here in the Canada forum like last year. This is the contest where you can enter once every hour to win a prize. High chances of winning at the beginning, or at least eventually! I got my 360 from this contest last year and there are some other CAGs who won as well =)

RFD Thread with FAQs and everything: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485176

People at RFD have done a lot of work putting together FAQs and stuff, so read and play nice! No bashing of RFD users here please.

How to Play:
Enter the PINs below every hour you want to enter. If you don't want NHL08, do not enter in those draws as it's only one prize per household. You can ever all the PINs for every draw, they are reusable. But only useable once per draw. There are no surveys this year

List of PINs and UPCs:
http://pepsi.additional-pylons.com/
Just click the button and it'll copy it to your clipboard

CAG Winners List
mkrowe - Xbox 360 Core on September 9th
chrisryans - Samsung 32" LCD HDTV on September 10th
Icelight - Xbox 360 Core on September 10th
wingy17 - Xbox 360 Core on September 10th
JGonspy - Xbox 360 Core on September 13th
DInTheHeez - NHL 08 on September 13th

[quote name='Prize List']
Prize Description Number of Prizes Available to be Won
EA SPORTS™ NHL® 08 video games - 960
Xbox 360™ Core video game and entertainment System - 200
Samsung 32” LCD HDTV - 120
Sidney Crosby Autographed Hockey Stick - 28
Sidney Crosby Autographed Replica Hockey Jersey - 28
†ALL-STAR VIP Experience - 4
††Meet Sidney Crosby Experience - 4 [/quote]

We should of had the survey and 1pin an hour. If every1 enter 74pins, it's relatively the same as every1 entering 1 pin but we lose less time doing it. The odds are still the same.

[quote name='thelostdude']We should of had the survey and 1pin an hour. If every1 enter 74pins, it's relatively the same as every1 entering 1 pin but we lose less time doing it. The odds are still the same.[/quote]

Exactly. Plus, those who want the big prizes will put all their codes in there, leaving the smaller prizes for the rest of us.

With this format, winning is pretty much impossible regardless. :cry:

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Exactly. Plus, those who want the big prizes will put all their codes in there, leaving the smaller prizes for the rest of us.

With this format, winning is pretty much impossible regardless. :cry:[/quote]

Yeah, I really am hating the new format =(

[quote name='Firestorm']Is he putting them in the right box?[/quote]

He tried it again later and it worked fine.

I'm thinking someone messed with the wiki or something.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Wow...

TV
Core
Game
Game
Core

Gonna burn out today. =([/QUOTE]

There was actually a Core before the TV. Doing that three hours in a row without any payoff is a real pain >_<

It'd be nice if a few others CAGers were winning though. I'd rather see a vaguely familiar stranger win over a complete stranger.

What I find easiest is to have that open on the left side and have the contest window open on the right side. So there's no switching windows or anything, just two windows visible the entire time.

haha check out my new pin entry system thanks to firestorm for the link to that page with all the codes :)

IMG_0255.jpg

Whoever's using scripts for this should keep in mind that they do find it out pretty soon. it's happened year before, last year, and this I'm sure most of you a smart enough to know this so try to avoid this from happening. k thx

[quote name='mclov1n']Whoever's using scripts for this should keep in mind that they do find it out pretty soon. it's happened year before, last year, and this I'm sure most of you a smart enough to know this so try to avoid this from happening. k thx[/quote]

Did you even look at the site? This isn't even anything remotely close to an automated script of any kind.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Ahahahaha RFD crashed. Too many MJM posts. :lol:

The wiki page got hacked by a couple of trolls, so enter at your own risk.[/quote]

this thing is posting non stop in the RFD thread!!

some Mr. Disco guy, with the creepy avatar is talking about this thread on RFD. i really hope this forum is going to get locked up soon, he and Mahspammermaniac are lurkers to CAG.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5617387&postcount=3229

Well, it finally happened, I won a 360 today! It took me some time to figure that out because Thunderbird was apparently too afraid to download the message so I had to look it up with a browser. Seeing as how today is my birthday, the timing couldn't have been better.

Does anyone know exactly what the exact differences are between the Premium and Core outside of the hard drive and controller? Also, any help with a cheap hard drive would be greatly appreciated.

magic i hvae the same keyboard/mouse. i hate it. i don't like the curve on the keyboard. and the typing is sluggish. and the range sucks. typing all the security codes i mess up sometimes cuz the keyboard doesn't keep up and misses some characters.

[quote name='JGonspy']Well, it finally happened, I won a 360 today! It took me some time to figure that out because Thunderbird was apparently too afraid to download the message so I had to look it up with a browser. Seeing as how today is my birthday, the timing couldn't have been better.

Does anyone know exactly what the exact differences are between the Premium and Core outside of the hard drive and controller? Also, any help with a cheap hard drive would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

http://www.360maniac.com/2005/11/23/difference-between-xbox-360-core-and-xbox-36o-preimum/

That article sums up the differences. As for the hard drive, I don't think I've seen any sales. Your best bet might just end up being eBay.

[quote name='JGonspy']Well, it finally happened, I won a 360 today! It took me some time to figure that out because Thunderbird was apparently too afraid to download the message so I had to look it up with a browser. Seeing as how today is my birthday, the timing couldn't have been better.

Does anyone know exactly what the exact differences are between the Premium and Core outside of the hard drive and controller? Also, any help with a cheap hard drive would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Congrats and happy birthday! Wow, so many September birthdays... I have a bunch of friends (myself included) with birthdays around this time.

As for scripts, the one where it instantly copies-and-pastes should be fine. There's another on RFD that's borderline-script though... I haven't reached that state of desperation yet. =P

Congratulations!

Core

Wired Controller
No Hard Drive
No Component Cables, only Composite

Premium
Wireless Controller
Hard Drive
Component + Composite Cables
Headset
Ethernet Cable

What you have to buy for your Core:
Hard Drive
Ethernet Cable
Component or VGA cable if you have an HDTV or LCD Monitor to play on

Best Buy is having their Preferred Customer Sale this weekend, you might be able to pick up the hard drive for 10% - 15% off if they do their accessory sale like they usually do:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/marketing/pcs_sept07/en/default.asp?logon=&langid=EN&CMP=EMC-email_special_promo

Ethernet Cable is easy enough. Go to a computer store like NCIX, Rock Computer, CanadaComputers, etc. and just ask for it. They should be cheap.

Component/VGA depends. Do not get Mad Catz. You NEED it to play in HD (720p).

Thanks for all the kind words and especially the links. They were a lot of help.

When my 360 arrives in 6 to 8 weeks I'll start looking into getting a hard drive, though the lack of an HDTV will have me skip on the composite cables. I'll probably need some sort of wireless card as well since I don't really like running cable as far as it would need to go.

[quote name='JGonspy']Thanks for all the kind words and especially the links. They were a lot of help.

When my 360 arrives in 6 to 8 weeks I'll start looking into getting a hard drive, though the lack of an HDTV will have me skip on the composite cables. I'll probably need some sort of wireless card as well since I don't really like running cable as far as it would need to go.[/quote]

Got a widescreen LCD monitor or something? Then just get the VGA cables and hook it up to that. You miss out on a lot by not having it hooked up to an HD display like a HDTV or PC monitor!

I bought my HDTV last year after winning the 360 XD

Ugh. NHL 08 for 11, 12, 1, and 2. I entered anyway (first time) >_>
I actually wouldn't mine owning the game, but I'd much rather have that Samsung! Oh well, I'm probably getting an HDTV at Christmas (saving money, spending money from job, part of Christmas and Birthday present, yeah). I'm hoping to get a 32" with 5.1 surround and a nice chair :)

[quote name='JGonspy']Thanks for all the kind words and especially the links. They were a lot of help.

When my 360 arrives in 6 to 8 weeks I'll start looking into getting a hard drive, though the lack of an HDTV will have me skip on the composite cables. I'll probably need some sort of wireless card as well since I don't really like running cable as far as it would need to go.[/quote]

It's 6-8 weeks AFTER the contests ends November 3rd. So if last year is any indication, you should get yours for Christmas. :)

[quote name='Firestorm']Got a widescreen LCD monitor or something? Then just get the VGA cables and hook it up to that. You miss out on a lot by not having it hooked up to an HD display like a HDTV or PC monitor!

I bought my HDTV last year after winning the 360 XD[/QUOTE]

I do have a monitor like that, but I'd rather play on my TV. I was thinking of getting an HDTV if there are any decent ones for sale on Boxing Day. Considering the quote below, that may be perfect timing...

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']It's 6-8 weeks AFTER the contests ends November 3rd. So if last year is any indication, you should get yours for Christmas. :)[/QUOTE]

Son of a...I mean, that's acceptable.

I had no idea this contest was going on for so long though. I may drop in every now and then to see if I can win myself a TV. Wish I could get this in time for Assassin's Creed though.

You have been selected as a potential winner in the
Pepsi®, Frito Lay*, Doritos* and Gatorade® GAME ON with SIDNEY CROSBY
Promotion! That means you could be the winner of an EA SPORTS™ NHL® 08 video
game.
In order to be verified as a winner, and claim the prize, you will have
to complete the following steps within 6 days of this email notification being
sent:
thanks for links

[quote name='Lockescythe']if you win do you find out immediately?

or does it take an hour?

Just tried madcore for the tv. *crosses fingers*[/quote]

Usually takes 1 - 5 minutes to reveice an email to claim your prize.

[quote name='magiic']I lost on the tv and 360 I entered this afternoon :(
and to top it all off my 360 died yesterday[/quote]

I take it this is even worse because you sold the one you earned with the credit from the 2/40 deal?

[quote name='magiic']I lost on the tv and 360 I entered this afternoon :(
and to top it all off my 360 died yesterday[/quote]

Well, 3 year warranty at least? =(

I havent sold it yet but I dont really feel like using the one I bought with the credit. I got mine working again using the towel trick. I have the two year warranty from futureshop but apparently they just mail it to MS aswell instead of giving me a new one so either way I will be without my 360 for a long time and I just got set with the CoD4 beta.

[quote name='magiic']I havent sold it yet but I dont really feel like using the one I bought with the credit. I got mine working again using the towel trick. I have the two year warranty from futureshop but apparently they just mail it to MS aswell instead of giving me a new one so either way I will be without my 360 for a long time and I just got set with the CoD4 beta.[/quote]

i know you paid for the FS one but i warn you now. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR 360! the first 360 i had break went to FS because i paid for the 2 yr warrentee.... big mistake. i waited 2 and a half months and their only response was "it was sent away thats all we know" it was a complete BS policy.... i know after 60 days their supposed to replace the product but apparently because they sent it away they fulfilled their end of the warrentee.

i went into the store and FREAKED on the manager and i left the store with a new 360 in hand. they voided my warentee and that was that. about a month and a half later they called saying my xbox was in. i guess they forgot to take me out of the computer. but they ripped up my reciept in front of me in the store.... so i couldnt pick it up. so it took 4 months total for their method......

the second time my 360 broke i called MS had a box like a few days later and had the console back in less than 2 weeks.

i wouldnt ever buy anything major at FS again.

also my dad bought a 2700 dollar TV from there and delivered a floor model that was damaged (scratched paint on the side) and he had to file a lawsuit for them to fix the problem...( i believe they refunded 2000 and paid lawyer fees) so he paid roughly 700 but still another BS experience with FS.....

i would highly reccomend just going through MS... ive delt with them on many occasions and they have always been great. the one time i did have an issue they send me a free wireless headset so i cant complain. and really the problem was just a misunderstanding.

bread's done
Back