Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='craig64']I got an American code from my friend... but it didn't work on my Canadian account.[/quote]

Hmm, really? I traded a Canadian Uno code for a Fable II Pub Games code to someone on here that I figured was American and it worked for both of us. Maybe he was Canadian after all. :lol:

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. Preorder it and get Banjo Kazooie on XBLA for free two weeks before its release! Dunno which retailers are participating in Canada yet.

[quote name='Firestorm']Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. Preorder it and get Banjo Kazooie on XBLA for free two weeks before its release! Dunno which retailers are participating in Canada yet.[/quote]

I'm wanting the XBLA game for free... I'm just not so sure that I want to buy the retail game yet. At least there's a demo coming out for it.

I wasn't going to get Banjo but I wanted the original on XBLA, I'll preorder it to get the code and then try to change the preorder to something else.

thats a sweet deal for Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts seeing as the game is only 39.99.

Also anyone know about the Infinite Undiscovery foil print for Canada ?

[quote name='Corizzle']I wasn't going to get Banjo but I wanted the original on XBLA, I'll preorder it to get the code and then try to change the preorder to something else.[/quote]You don't get the code until release I think.

No Fable 2 code in KW, but I did pick up my stormtrooper. Although the last thing I need is more junk to sit around my desk.

ebgames pre-order bonus system isn't very good though, they don't necessarily send the same number of bonus items for the # of pre-orders they get.

Yeah, that's true. Getting the pub games is really the only pre-order thing that I really want though... and they seem to be dropping the ball on it up here.

I don't know about anyone else, but my EB called today to tell me that the code for Fable II Pub Games is in.

Also, what is the exact deal with the Spore pre-order? I just realized my PC will be all better very soon (new GPU) so my hype for this is pretty high! Do you just pre-order the game and get the creature creator box for free?

[quote name='Skardee']I don't know about anyone else, but my EB called today to tell me that the code for Fable II Pub Games is in.

Also, what is the exact deal with the Spore pre-order? I just realized my PC will be all better very soon (new GPU) so my hype for this is pretty high! Do you just pre-order the game and get the creature creator box for free?[/QUOTE]

I got the same phone call today for Pup games, I originally thought it was my Tales of Vesperia phone call but it's good news that I can pick up the code when I get the call that ToV has arrived

for those jonesing for the pub code I got one in the contest and free stuff section of this set.

I used it but the same guy got like 30 and is doing daily contests. You guys should go join if you're worried about eb.

I plan on getting Fable 2 on 2 for 40 so this worked perfectly for me.

[quote name='Skardee']I don't know about anyone else, but my EB called today to tell me that the code for Fable II Pub Games is in.
[/quote]

Just got a call today for that as well.. hope Microsoft doesn't patch that cheat for a few days ;)

[quote name='JnJosh']preorder lego batman get a lego batman/robin/batgirl/joker (one not all 4) keychain.

cool beans![/QUOTE]

you only get it with the purchase... so its not really a preorder bonus.

I'll try asking again as google didn't help me much.
What exactly is that deal where you pre-order Spore? Don't you get the full CC for free?

[quote name='MaddogMonty']Does anyone know if Gamestop Canada plans on doing the free Rock Band 2 shirt with preorder deal?[/quote]

Yes, I can confirm that.

gamer602, do you work/have contacts at EB/Gamestop?

I saw on the back of October's EGM that GameStop has an exclusive messenger bag for preorders of Mirror's Edge. Anyone know if this is available at GameStop or EB Games?

[quote name='gamer602']Yes, I can confirm that.[/quote]

Hmm... didn't know about this, but I do have it preordered. I'm going to have to check this out next time I'm at the mall.

[quote name='Jest']gamer602, do you work/have contacts at EB/Gamestop?

I saw on the back of October's EGM that GameStop has an exclusive messenger bag for preorders of Mirror's Edge. Anyone know if this is available at GameStop or EB Games?[/quote]

Ha, no i do not have contacts.

PM RANZO!

I hope the EB's do get Rock Band 2 shirts, but they'll likely all get XL's only, just like every other promotion.

On a sidenote, I did get my Disgaea 3 soundtrack, even though it came in a week after the game did.

New here sorry for asking... I pre-ordered/paid in full a copy of lbp at a local Ebgames and they had no Idea of what I was talking about when I said a voucher for Kratos download. This was in Vancouver. Anyone up here get theirs yet?

Both the Socom and Little big planet pre-order items should be arriving in stores today *wednesday* according to emails sent to the store last week. there was some shipping error or something as they said and it was delayed. it should be there today. Its my day off today but i will call and get them to check shipment to see if they are arriving.

*EDIT*

Just got off the phone with my guys and it seems we are receiving 20 of the socom beta's and 20 of the LBP promo's today. So all stores should be seeing at least that today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I best phone to make sure I get mine - I do not trust the employees at the store I use. They never seem to know anything about any new game coming out - I was asked which console I wanted to reserver SOCOM and Resistance 2 for. Come on, of course I want them both for the Wii! ;)

What time do shipments usually arrive in various stores? Morning deliveries, afternoon ... no idea? I do not want to keep calling and annoy the staff.

[quote name='Zyzomys']What time do shipments usually arrive in various stores? Morning deliveries, afternoon ... no idea? I do not want to keep calling and annoy the staff.[/quote]

I haven't worked at EB in years, but when I did the shipments were always really random. Often times it would be first thing (most often), but then sometimes they wouldn't come in until like 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I say just call an bug them a few times throughout the day.

I just picked up my "Team Access Public Beta" for SOCOM: Confrontation from my Gamestop not 30 mins ago! :D Can't wait for this Friday!
Here's a pic:
socombetaum2.jpg

EDIT: Nothing on my LBP pre-order bonus (Kratos?) however.

When i was still there, Purolator would always arrive just before 10 am
and i would get through inventorying by 11:30.

yeah as craig said, stuff comes in randomly.
(once a Eternal sonata faceplate came 2 months after the game came out)
just keep trying, and as always be polite.

... I wish metrotown would finally get their stormtroopers in.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Has anybody heard or read anything about the preorder-only limited edition of Prince of Persia being available in Canada?[/quote]

I want to know this exact thing and I'd been reading about it online. Apparently it applies to "North America", but that doesn't always guarantee the we get the deal.

[quote name='iLLuSioNS']woo, just got my LBP costume. [/QUOTE]

Is it just the Kratos skin? Cool, I'll stop by and pick mine up (hopefully) tonight. I'll probably also get Dark Sector which is $19.99 now.

I finally picked up my SOCOM Beta code today (I was called last night!).

What company is the Kratos skin from? I asked at my EBGames and they were not sure what their code was for. Is any company actually giving out a well made Sackboy 'doll" with a pre-order or purchase?

[quote name='Rex']Is it just the Kratos skin? Cool, I'll stop by and pick mine up (hopefully) tonight. I'll probably also get Dark Sector which is $19.99 now.[/QUOTE]

yup, its basically a card with a code on the back for the Kratos skin.

btw, this is in EBgames / Gamestop. and no one in Canada is giving out real sackboys.

if anyone has a socom code that they can give me that would be appreciated.
PSN:xSkriblZ
GT:IckyMad Dogg

I'm going to try picking up the LBP Kratos skin card at EB here in Kingston tomorrow, I figure if it's already available in Toronto they should have it here too. I asked on Tuesday and he said they were expecting them Friday.

Anyone know which stores in Canada are doing the Banjo Kazooie thing. I noticed that Amazon.ca seems to have the game but no word on the bonus.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'm going to try picking up the LBP Kratos skin card at EB here in Kingston tomorrow, I figure if it's already available in Toronto they should have it here too. I asked on Tuesday and he said they were expecting them Friday.[/quote]
Success, but I wouldn't have been given the code if I didn't ask for it. Now when are they gonna announce the Nariko one for Canada?

[quote name='gamer602']Yes, I can confirm that.[/quote]
Anyone know when these Rock Band 2 shirts are available? My brother just pre-ordered it today but there was no mention of any bonus.

check tomorrow. i noticed in my shipment log on saturday that im expecting a box with rockband 2 promo items on monday. i only expect it to be these shirts as nothing else promo to rockband 2 has been announced. I can confirm tomorrow after i get home from the store

bread's done
Back