Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zyzomys']:D[/quote]

Are there more goodies than the 500 points? Cause I heard that Best Buy got a remote control car with it but not sure if Canada's BB will get it.

I had to call EBGames Head Office as my local store did not have a Resistance 2 Beta Card for me, even though I pre-ordered September 2, 2008. The person at HO said that if they have any beta codes left over, I should receive it within 48-hours by email. I am not holding out much hope at this point. IMHO the Wal-Mart Centre EBGames in Gatineau should be avoided as they really have no idea what they are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Resistance BETA Thursday of last week. Called up my house and everything to tell me it was in.

Is BestBuy doing the Nariko LBP skin as well??

[quote name='Zyzomys']I had to call EBGames Head Office as my local store did not have a Resistance 2 Beta Card for me, even though I pre-ordered September 2, 2008. The person at HO said that if they have any beta codes left over, I should receive it within 48-hours by email. I am not holding out much hope at this point. IMHO the Wal-Mart Centre EBGames in Gatineau should be avoided as they really have no idea what they are doing.[/quote]

They said the same to me regarding the Fable II Pub Games. This was over a month ago. As of right now I am still waiting lol.

Just pre-ordered Dead Space at EB Games and they gave me a nice 97-page, hardcover artbook. Also comes with 3D glasses because there are some pieces that are presented in 3D... altho these aren't really glasses, more like just the eye pieces.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']Just pre-ordered Dead Space at EB Games and they gave me a nice 97-page, hardcover artbook. Also comes with 3D glasses because there are some pieces that are presented in 3D... altho these aren't really glasses, more like just the eye pieces.[/quote]
I saw that, but I wasn't told it was a pre order bonus at all
I'll have to go again

BTW my EB has Resistance 2 betas and Pub Games, so check your EB's out

[quote name='boba_fett300']Are there more goodies than the 500 points? Cause I heard that Best Buy got a remote control car with it but not sure if Canada's BB will get it.[/quote]

Actually Best Buy INC. use Futureshops in Canada for their US-Best Buy preorder goodies, like the Nariko code for Little Big Planet, I guess FS has more stores to spread the love? Unless BB Canada has the same goodies and I've been missing out XD.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']Just pre-ordered Dead Space at EB Games and they gave me a nice 97-page, hardcover artbook. Also comes with 3D glasses because there are some pieces that are presented in 3D... altho these aren't really glasses, more like just the eye pieces.[/quote]

Fudgepack I'll have to check out me EB and get that art book.

I just pre-ordered LBP from FutureShop and I have my Nariko code.
However, I'm interested in getting the Kratos one as well.
But then I'll have two pre-orders and I don't think I can keep a code without canceling one.
Any ideas?

[quote name='Porumy']I just pre-ordered LBP from FutureShop and I have my Nariko code.
However, I'm interested in getting the Kratos one as well.
But then I'll have two pre-orders and I don't think I can keep a code without canceling one.
Any ideas?[/quote]

if your interested i'd be willing to share a Kratos code I recieved from EB for the Nariko code. It will save you having to pre-order LBP twice. I've read the codes are sharable up to 5 times. If intersted pm me.

I tried to preorder LBP at futureshop today and the person I asked pretty much told me he had no idea what I was talking about
do I have to order it online?

I picked up an exemplar copy (One with no disc) at the games section and paid 5$ for the pre-order. The case comes with a card with the code on it.

My EBGames finally received their Resistance 2 Beta Codes so I will be in this beta when it starts. I also scored a Call of Duty World at War beta code today from Eurogamer.net. So far I have been in Little Big Planet, and SOCOM betas. Now I just need Killzone 2 to show up and I will be in every beta I am interested in.

[quote name='return']Does anyone know if we're getting the Dead Space (a scorpion suit?) or the Mirror's Edge running bag?[/quote]
I saw the scorpion suit for sale on the PS store. $2.49 I think.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I saw the scorpion suit for sale on the PS store. $2.49 I think.[/quote]

AND The "Black Obsidian" suit is FREE :)

I read (not 100% sure where now) on an Australian site, that if you pre-ordered the GH:WT "super awesome everything" bundle, they'd give you an extra Bass guitar.

Are there any similar deals in Canada?

Any preorder goodies for Eternal Sonata (PS3, Oct 21), Valkyria Chronicles (Nov 4) and The Last Remnant (Nov 20)?

It seems like US GS gives out artbook for VC.

I too would like to know where you can pre-order Banjo Kazooie and receive the bonus XBLA download. I asked at EB and they just looked at me strange. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If worse comes to worst I may have to order from an US outlet.

[quote name='return']Does anyone know if we're getting the Dead Space (a scorpion suit?) or the Mirror's Edge running bag?[/quote]
I just read in the EBGames/Gamestop Autumn 2008 flyer that if you pre-order Mirror's Edge, you do infact get the running bag seen in the game. ;)

didn't get anything with the Dead Space pre-order that I picked up.

Plus i managed to get a FS preorder for LBP, but they said the code will be there when the game ships...

Oh well, time to buy then return.

[quote name='return']didn't get anything with the Dead Space pre-order that I picked up.

Plus i managed to get a FS preorder for LBP, but they said the code will be there when the game ships...

Oh well, time to buy then return.[/quote]

Are you saying that you didn't get a Nariko code in postcard form in your LBP pre-order case/didn't get one at all?

did anyone pre-order dead space and get the code for the scorpion suit (360)?

also, does anyone have an extra code? haha. i might spend the 200msp but i figured i'd check here first.

I'm reeeealllly still waiting on that banjo preorder. Otherwise i'll just go for the preorder on amazon.ca without the banjo kazooie xbla bonus. Apparently some got the preorder from EB games in Canada, but I don't know where the location was.
On Amazon.ca, can we still use those 10$ off 40$ coupons?

[quote name='Spades22']I'm reeeealllly still waiting on that banjo preorder. Otherwise i'll just go for the preorder on amazon.ca without the banjo kazooie xbla bonus. Apparently some got the preorder from EB games in Canada, but I don't know where the location was.
On Amazon.ca, can we still use those 10$ off 40$ coupons?[/quote]

I was just on Banjo Kazooie forum and they updated the preorder list
Update 15/10/2008
Toys R Us and EB Games have been added for Canada
Time to go preorder

Link:
http://forums.banjo-kazooie.com/forums/1/11/ShowThread.aspx

Thanks for the update. I am going to have to dump my Amazon.ca pre-order and switch to EBGames. I do want the Xbox Live Arcade version and free for a game is very good.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yeah I grabbed that free suit, don't know if I will ever buy the game but at least I'll be prepared.[/quote]

So this was actually available through ebgames in Canada?

[quote name='supergrover99']So this was actually available through ebgames in Canada?[/quote]
It's in the Market Place (360) and Playstation Store (PS3)

[quote name='Sousanator']It's in the Market Place (360) and Playstation Store (PS3)[/quote]

true, though i've read that some people are getting codes for the scorpion suit which is available for purchase on both stores (200 ms points and 2.49). who knows.

i've also read that the elite and obsidian suits are only for free until the 28th.

[quote name='supergrover99']So this was actually available through ebgames in Canada?[/quote]
I don't know, I was saying that I grabbed the obsidian free suit from the PS store.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I don't know, I was saying that I grabbed the obsidian free suit from the PS store.[/quote]

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

[quote name='kgroat']I was just on Banjo Kazooie forum and they updated the preorder list
Update 15/10/2008
Toys R Us and EB Games have been added for Canada
Time to go preorder[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the notification!

[quote name='return']didn't get anything with the Dead Space pre-order that I picked up.

Oh well, time to buy then return.[/quote]

Did U pre-order online or in the store? If you go in store you will see empty PS3 LBP cases near the PS3 aisle and inside the case is a card with the code. It was $4.99 and I saw a few of them. The ebgames i usually go to was sold out of the Kratos codes, that pi$$ed me off.

Sweet with the banjo kazooie deal. I'm really hoping for amazon.ca though cause then you can use that 10$ off 40$ coupon if it still works and get BK360 + 10$ game + BKXBLA for 35$ with free shipping :D

Actually how much does BKXBLA sell for anyway? It might still be a better deal just to get banjo and a 10$ game for 35$ and buy the xbla version another time.

Banjo Kazooie on XBLA will be 1200 points ($15) and comes out two weeks after the date people who pre-ordered get it.

Toys R Us started taking pre-orders today and the sign specifically mentions the code. It says minimum 10 per store though... I was #1 so I better get it! I don't trust EB with pre-order bonuses.

bread's done
Back