Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
When you pre-order Gears of War 2 at WM with the bonun 500 Microsoft Points, do you get the points right away or with the game when its out?

There is a sims 3 promo something coming for EB not sure what.
NBA live 09 has a new magazine subscription.
GH4 has a code to unlock all the songs right away.

When you look at the poster we have for dead space it shows the Elite suit. We never got any other code.

[quote name='Ranzo']There is a sims 3 promo something coming for EB not sure what.
NBA live 07 has a new magazine subscription.
GH4 has a code to unlock all the songs right away.

When you look at the poster we have for dead space it shows the Elite suit. We never got any other code.[/quote]

07!?!?! Not...09?

Sub to what mag? Game Informer?

Sims 3????? What promotion?

[quote name='AJD23']Are you saying that you didn't get a Nariko code in postcard form in your LBP pre-order case/didn't get one at all?[/quote]

yeah, no card inside box, i basically walked out with an empty box.

[quote name='Siggy Stardust HD']Did U pre-order online or in the store? If you go in store you will see empty PS3 LBP cases near the PS3 aisle and inside the case is a card with the code. It was $4.99 and I saw a few of them. The ebgames i usually go to was sold out of the Kratos codes, that pi$$ed me off.[/quote]

Mine FS didn't have ANYTHING! no code no nothing... argh, and they tell me it will be available when I pick up my copy.

[quote name='gamer602']07!?!?! Not...09?
Sub to what mag? Game Informer?
Sims 3????? What promotion?[/quote]

Sorry typo, 09. I don't remember the name. some nba gangster magazine.
They have not arrived yet so I am not sure what they are.

Mirrors Edge has a comic book.
Fracture has dog tags.
Destroy all humans has a comic book.

on a side note about LBP. Bioshock for the PS3 "should" come with a big daddy costume for LBP. I have seen it but it was not final yet. Maybe a download later.

When you pre-order Gears of War 2 at WM with the bonun 500 Microsoft Points, do you get the points right away or with the game when its out?

The nba gangster mag items are in the stores. I seen them this week. barely noticed them. :) they are just a very small pad of papers like (like post notes). Mirrors edge should also have the time trial unlock as a pre-order item.

Others that i noticed arrive this last week, or that are still around

-Shawn white snowboarding lanyards
-red alert bonus items (ferget exactly what it is.)
-Sims 3 bonus items
-still have like 50 rockband 2 shirts. :/
-numerous other items that are falling out of the box

[quote name='Ranzo']

Mirrors Edge has a comic book.
[/quote]

The latest all catalogue for ebgames/gamespot shows that mirrors edge comes with some sort of delivery bag. Curious if it will make it's way here closer to launch.

[quote name='supergrover99']The latest all catalogue for ebgames/gamespot shows that mirrors edge comes with some sort of delivery bag. Curious if it will make it's way here closer to launch.[/quote]

I have one of those bags personally, the stores should have them for launch.

[quote name='boba_fett300']When you pre-order Gears of War 2 at WM with the bonun 500 Microsoft Points, do you get the points right away or with the game when its out?[/quote]You get it right away. It is inside the Reservation Case that you take home.

Ranzo can I trust that EB will get a code for Banjo on XBLA for every pre-order? I don't want to be screwed on this one.

[quote name='supergrover99']The latest all catalogue for ebgames/gamespot shows that mirrors edge comes with some sort of delivery bag. Curious if it will make it's way here closer to launch.[/quote]

As well as the standard pre-order soundtrack/art book for Atlus' new game. (Persona 4)

[quote name='Nephlabobo']As well as the standard pre-order soundtrack/art book for Atlus' new game. (Persona 4)[/quote]

This comes inside the game now. so every copy at launch will have it.

[quote name='King']Ranzo can I trust that EB will get a code for Banjo on XBLA for every pre-order? I don't want to be screwed on this one.[/quote]

I have not seen anything about it yet. If it is like Fable we got around 50 and have over a 100 pre orders. So order soon and make sure to follow up. A lot of stores do not back call he pre orders to remind them and just start giving it out with the newer orders.

[quote name='Ranzo']This comes inside the game now. so every copy at launch will have it.[/quote]

bonus_offer_top.gif
clear.gif

Bonus Details
clear.gif
Reserve Persona 4 and receive a free art book. Offer good while supplies last. All Customers: Art book will ship with the game.
clear.gif
bonus_offer_bottom.gif

Is this for CAnada too?

Small goodie. The game Dead Space has a free downloadable elite suit for the 360 version of the game for a limited time. You can get it off the 360 market place right now for free, you don't need to have a code or the game.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Small goodie. The game Dead Space has a free downloadable elite suit for the 360 version of the game for a limited time. You can get it off the 360 market place right now for free, you don't need to have a code or the game.[/quote]

I think I saw the same thing on PSN for free last night.

[quote name='danthemightyone']I think I saw the same thing on PSN for free last night.[/quote]

Yup I downloaded it. Apparently they start charging for these free suits after the 28th of this month. Grab it if you want it.

I just called my local EB and for those handful that preordered the new DS Castlevania, the 6 track CD should be in stock now; the game however, not quite yet. In the least, it's not a 128 bitrate download.

Just a question, I read Farcy 2 for ps3+360 comes with a poster and extra missions....but all I've heard is, that's only info from EB...would I get the same swag if I ordered from BB? and lol...kinda clueless, but do you still get them goodies if you order online(ship) at BB & EB?

[quote name='HyeVltg3']Just a question, I read Farcy 2 for ps3+360 comes with a poster and extra missions....but all I've heard is, that's only info from EB...would I get the same swag if I ordered from BB? and lol...kinda clueless, but do you still get them goodies if you order online(ship) at BB & EB?[/quote]

I believe the maps are only EB... The poster I have no clue about.

that kind of blows because EB did not advert that they we giving the maps and poster! and now the rep said that its too late to order! poopies!

[quote name='HyeVltg3']that kind of blows because EB did not advert that they we giving the maps and poster! and now the rep said that its too late to order! poopies![/quote]

It should not be a problem to get a copy of the game and it is packaged inside.

[quote name='poiuiu']I just called my local EB and for those handful that preordered the new DS Castlevania, the 6 track CD should be in stock now; the game however, not quite yet. In the least, it's not a 128 bitrate download.[/quote]

Wait, they're giving out a physical CD?! fuck, I would have pre-ordered had I known... Ah well, I'll just eBay for the disc.

[quote name='Ranzo']It should not be a problem to get a copy of the game and it is packaged inside.[/quote]

So what you're implying is that the goodies also come to online buyers? and not just in-store reserve-ers

Any other folks not get their DLC codes in Fable II LE?
Apparently I need to wait until the 28th to use the bonus content that I should have had packaged with my game. Kind of lame, as that's the only reason I paid the extra 10 bucks.

[quote name='Teddite']Any other folks not get their DLC codes in Fable II LE?
Apparently I need to wait until the 28th to use the bonus content that I should have had packaged with my game. Kind of lame, as that's the only reason I paid the extra 10 bucks.[/quote]

I had pre-ordered the regular edition and was going to switch it over at the last minute, but then when I heard that lots had been missing from the case I changed my mind. I really wanted the additional content, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle!

For those of you wondering about Far Cry 2 at EB, you all should be able to pick up the special pre-order without having pre-ordering. I walked in on thursday and the cabinet was full of ps3 and 360 "Pre-Order Editions" of Far Cry 2.

[quote name='ragnar14']Wait, they're giving out a physical CD?! fuck, I would have pre-ordered had I known... Ah well, I'll just eBay for the disc.[/quote]

Late reply, but have a feeling a lot of people didn't actually preorder the game, so try asking nicely if they have any and they might give you one; and if they remember you as generally well mannered, maybe they actually will!

[quote name='Ranzo']I have several scorpion suit codes for 360, if anyone needs them for dead space. Just msg me.[/quote]

awesome. i've been trying to track the code down...i didn't get one w/ my pre-order...pm sent. thanks :)

That figure looks very cool. Anyone know if the pre-order w/figure would have to be shipped from the website, or if it'll be available for in-store pickup? I'd rather not pay the shipping if it can be avoided.

I think it's in store, since it's listed in the flyer.

Just wondering, anyone get a Valkyria Chronicles art book with a pre-order? I wonder if it's a US only thing.

Note: If you pre-ordered GH:WT, you're supposed to get a code that unlocks all the songs. Seems like a crappy pre-order bonus. I assume the code is an offline code-- meaning that if it works on one person's console, it can be posted online for all to use.

Lucky folk in the UK get a free bass controller if they pre-ordered. That's slightly better than a code.

[quote name='firehawk12']I think it's in store, since it's listed in the flyer.
[/quote]

Oh, I only remember seeing the cog dogtags in the flyer. Cool. I was thinking of just ordering it off the website anyway (shipping showed a whole $2, no big deal), but when I go to complete the order, it has Gears 2 with an availability of 1/1/2030(??) and the free figure as out of stock. Can't ask for instore pickup because the game shows n/a but the figure shows instock.

I might just try placing an order online and see what happens. It did show a shipping estimate of November 5th. Since I'm sure, with FutureShop opening at 11:59 on the Thursday, that there won't be any figures left if I go to buy it later on in the day Friday.

[quote name='halcyon1234']Lucky folk in the UK get a free bass controller if they pre-ordered.[/quote]
As well they should, my English friend paid 150 pounds for the kit. With the exchange rate it comes out to just over $300 Canadian. I'm not sure if he still gets the code though....

hey does anyone know the preorder bonus for Gears of War 2 at EBgames?
are they offering cool cog tags or something like FS? i have credit at eb i need to spend.

[quote name='summer_star17x']hey does anyone know the preorder bonus for Gears of War 2 at EBgames?
are they offering cool cog tags or something like FS? i have credit at eb i need to spend.[/quote]

Update: along with cool COG tags, you get a Locust "Headshot" action figure (you read that right folks!!!!) with the purchase!!!! This is what was written in our newsletters, so keep your eyes peeled, my store has 24 in transit.

[quote name='kathos']Update: along with cool COG tags, you get a Locust "Headshot" action figure (you read that right folks!!!!) with the purchase!!!! This is what was written in our newsletters, so keep your eyes peeled, my store has 24 in transit.[/QUOTE]
are you sure, I know thats what futureshop is giving out but EB also? I heard they had the golden hammerburt codes

[quote name='deluga']are you sure, I know thats what futureshop is giving out but EB also? I heard they had the golden hammerburt codes[/quote]

yeah i know FS has the cogtags and action figure

but what does EB have???

[quote name='deluga']are you sure, I know thats what futureshop is giving out but EB also? I heard they had the golden hammerburt codes[/quote]

Yeah I'll take a pic of the newsletter next time I'm at work (tomorrow or Wednesday).

Anyone has an extra Fable II Pub Games for sale? I preordered thru amazon.ca so I never got the code and I don't want to pay 800 MS points to get it. I want that bonus expression in the game. :(

Thanks!

bread's done
Back