Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']The LBP pre-order codes are now redeemable, if anyone cares. I downloaded Kratos and Nariko earlier.[/QUOTE]

Did the Kratos code include all the extra GoW stuff that was announced later?

i just called EBgames and they said they are giving away posters for Gears 2 for the first 80 people at the midnight release.
LAME. i want an action figure or cog tags at least.

[quote name='firehawk12']Did the Kratos code include all the extra GoW stuff that was announced later?[/quote]
Yes, it had the 3 characters (Kratos, Medusa, and the Bull) plus some stickers

And the Nariko was just one costume, Kratos was a way better deal. They could have done Nariko's sister and maybe the main villain costumes, what a missed opportunity.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']And the Nariko was just one costume, Kratos was a way better deal. They could have done Nariko's sister and maybe the main villain costumes, what a missed opportunity.[/quote]

flying fox and roach would have been so nice.

[quote name='Icetron']I looked at the EB flyer today.

Persona 4 has the bonuses
So does Luminous Arc 2 (Artbook + CD)[/quote]
Does anyone know when EB will be getting the artbooks given with pre-orders? They usually give them at time of pre-order, right? And same appile for Eternal Poison; I'd rather get someone in the states to get these for me if EB here isn't going to have the artbooks.

[quote name='mojovonio']How is futureshop with shipping. If I pre-order gears 2, will I get it the 7th?[/quote]

probably not..

do you still get the cogtag/figurine with it if you preorder?

[quote name='firehawk12']I didn't get the figure when I pre-ordered.

Any word on what EB will be giving out?[/quote]

i asked my eb today...they're all super nice employees. they didn't know what the deal was yet as far as giving stuff away, but he said to check back in a few days. he did say they'd have pizza and pop though. haha.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Is there any way to get Nariko costume other than preordering LBP from FS?[/quote]
eBay, but expect to overpay

Anyone get their hands on the promo codes for Banjo Kazooie on XBLA? Apparently the demo for the new game came out this morning, and I figure I'll preorder it if the game is any good. I just really want that code with it though....

Well, this is fantastic. I put money down for LittleBigPlanet the day it was available for preorder at EB. Of course, there were no cards with the preorder bonus code at that point. When they got them in on Sunday, I went in to grab my copy. When I asked about the preorder bonus, only the be told that... they were long gone.

How does this happen, exactly? I was easily one of the first people to preorder the game from their store -- did they expect me to check in every once in a while to see if they had gotten the codes in yet? You'd think that they would keep track of stuff like that.

I'm suddenly crazily paranoid about the Mirror's Edge preorder bag. Do I need to call them every day to make sure I didn't miss them?

And on a related note... did anyone have an extra LBP preorder code they'd like to donate? :(

[quote name='Ashground']Well, this is fantastic. I put money down for LittleBigPlanet the day it was available for preorder at EB. Of course, there were no cards with the preorder bonus code at that point. When they got them in on Sunday, I went in to grab my copy. When I asked about the preorder bonus, only the be told that... they were long gone.

How does this happen, exactly? I was easily one of the first people to preorder the game from their store -- did they expect me to check in every once in a while to see if they had gotten the codes in yet? You'd think that they would keep track of stuff like that.

I'm suddenly crazily paranoid about the Mirror's Edge preorder bag. Do I need to call them every day to make sure I didn't miss them?

And on a related note... did anyone have an extra LBP preorder code they'd like to donate? :([/quote]

Some employee thought it was given out with the actual game while some just gave out to whoever preordered it in more like first-come-first-served basis. It actually happened to me too. I was told it was given out with the game but only to find out a large portion of it were already gone by other employees. Luckily there was enough left for me by the time I pointed it out.

What I usually do is just to keep following up with this thread :) ranzo and other nice guys here post if anything comes up. I don't like calling EB stores as they often ignore phone calls.

They usually call you to pick up preorder bonuses: I remember they did that for me with Guild Wars EOTN. Unfortunately I missed their call for the Star Wars TFU stormtrooper figure so I didn't get one. :whistle2:(

BTW I won't bother with preordering at EB since I doubt I'll get a code, but if you want Banjo with the XBLA game, another thing you can do is just get the game on amazon for 34.99, add a 1400 pts card for 18.99, use 10$ off, and get it for 44.00$. Pretty close to the same thing...at least...

[quote name='Firestorm']I did my pre-order for Banjo at Toys R Us.[/quote]

Ya probably better than EB but its so far away to drive. All we get is EB and ToysRUs...Canada got ripped off on this deal :bomb:

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']They usually call you to pick up preorder bonuses: I remember they did that for me with Guild Wars EOTN.[/quote]

I've had EB call me before, for me only to arrive 45 minutes later and find my stuff is gone... EB is shit :cry:

This thread is nice (very nice actually), but I'm sticking to my usual EB pre-order policy: If they print an ad showing that a free item comes with a pre-order I'll take them up on it. That way when they do screw you, you can hold up the ad and bitch till they make it up to you. Ashground, pickup the latest flyer and look at the LBP ad on the back, take that into the manager and complain.

Frankly I pre-order nearly nothing from EB anymore. I know I lamented not pre-ordering Castlevania up above, but had I known they were making a CD I would have Goomba'd it :bouncy: The extra cost is worth not having the hassle.

I am worried to read so many issues with not getting the pre-order bonus. Since BK nuts and Bolts only works for two stores I am a bit worried I might get screwed. I wouldn't buy the game if there was no BK1 bonus....

Luckily, and sadly, I've become known on a first name basis by a few of the employees at my local EB. The upside to this is that they save me my pre-order stuff and have even called me when some stuff has come in (Resistance/SOCOM BETAs), so that's pretty sweet.

Does anybody know if any EBs are currently giving out Gears Gold Hammerbursts yet? I ordered from Amazon, but would like the golden gun!

When I pre-ordered Banjo-Kazooie last week, the guy told me the US was already starting to get the Bonus Codes in, and that they should be getting the codes here in Canada in the coming week. Well, I didn't get a call all week, and now I read in this thread that we'd get the code on release...

I don't mind so much that I won't be getting it early like he said, now I'm just worried about getting the code at all! I hope they don't screw it up like they did LBP at some stores.

Here is the code for farcry to missions. I guess a lot of copies did not have the code. It is easy to find.

Console
6aPHuswe
PC
q9HeSw6C

[quote name='Ranzo']Here is the code for farcry to missions. I guess a lot of copies did not have the code. It is easy to find.

Console
6aPHuswe
[/quote]
Thanks for the code.
Where do I input this?

[quote name='Ashground']did they expect me to check in every once in a while to see if they had gotten the codes in yet?[/quote]
Yes. This is the case with practically every pre-order item at EB. I just follow updates online and try to stay aware of when stuff starts coming into the stores. I rarely pre-order there, it's nothing but stress and a pain in the butt. In the past few years, I've only done it for MGS4 and LBP.

Edit - all gone. I have a few extra Kratos codes if people want one msg me.

It also looks like LBP shirts are coming to the stores?
We have the bond codes for the extra map in stores so make sure to ask for one of those.
c&c3 has extra maps two. ask for those too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon.ca will not get the code. Only TRU and EB.

TRU has the codes now. I got mine today!
08-7.jpg

[quote name='Firestorm']
TRU has the codes now. I got mine today!
[/quote]
Thats a cool pre-order card
The Toysrus I went to still has no idea about the pre-order -_-

[quote name='kgroat']Thats a cool pre-order card
The Toysrus I went to still has no idea about the pre-order -_-[/quote]
The employees I was talking too had no idea aswell, but lucky the head of electronics came in and he did know about the codes.
Just got mine :)

hey guys, I was posed an interesting question on the RFD boards, and I'm curious to here what some of you think. Do you think companies like EB/BB/FS etc. pay for the pre-order bonuses they offer, or do you think they are offered free of charge from the company? After all, all these retailers are competing against each other, and having a unique incentive to their product could help them win their customers' wallet. Moreover, if a company like Epic was offering FS there special action figures, why not offer them to Blockbuster, Best Buy and EB Games? Surely Epic and Microsoft would want to garner as much attention as possible, reaching as many retailers as possible, no? Any thoughts?

Here's the LBP T-Shirt for anyone wondering what it looks like.
It was originally in the ball packaging so it needs some major ironing

307xfuu.jpg

This one was a Large

Haha, that is easily the most wrinkly shirt I have ever seen in my life! Why would they do ball packaging on a shirt? Looks pretty sweet though.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Hmm.. I wonder if I can get one from EB. I already picked up my preorder LBP from them.....[/quote]
I just showed my receipt and got it

Thanks for opening the shirt. The manager at EB was nice enough to give me the balled T-Shirt when I picked up Fallout 3. I wanted to see what it looked like but didn't want to open it, it's such a cute little planetoid.

bread's done
Back