Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']You can't count on em giving you points for online orders, gotta email or call them up.[/QUOTE]
I called them a couple days ago to get them to add the points from my Batman order to my account because they were ignoring my e-mails. Apparently they are having "problems" adding points to accounts. I always just e-mailed them because I don't really like talking on the phone.

I started emailing them on the last few games and that was much more convenient. They have a really bad system if they can't even manually add points now. Figure it out!

I have a question about redeeming Best Buy Rewardzone certificates. My brother has some certs and I have some, I was wondering if they'd allow me to display only my own member card and then redeem the points from both of our accounts without them realizing it and shutting us down. Anyone try this before?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I have a question about redeeming Best Buy Rewardzone certificates. My brother has some certs and I have some, I was wondering if they'd allow me to display only my own member card and then redeem the points from both of our accounts without them realizing it and shutting us down. Anyone try this before?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure the account number has to match what's on the certificate. If you COULD do that then I'm sure people would be selling theirs online.

Good point, I didn't look at the certificate to see if the account was on there. I thought that if it was, the cashier might not bother to look. But maybe their system would freak out when they scanned it. Some people have said they never show their account card when they redeem so that also had me wondering.

I discovered one of the reasons I'm getting reward certificates I wasn't expecting. There are purchases shown on my account that I didn't make, like a $400 Plustek scanner and a $20 HDMI cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't usually ask questions, but i was pretty busy the last few weeks so i'm not sure where the best deals are for skyward sword. anyone have any suggestions for the best place to pick it up? thanks!

$25 TRADE CREDIT
FOR EACH GAME TRADED TOWARDS HARDWARE!
When you buy hardware (new or used), get $25 trade credit for each game you trade in! That includes the PlayStation 3D Display Bundle!
Promotion applies to titles with a minimum $8 trade value only.

Does this promo apply to pre-orders as well? I plan on using this for the Vita.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']$25 TRADE CREDIT
FOR EACH GAME TRADED TOWARDS HARDWARE!
When you buy hardware (new or used), get $25 trade credit for each game you trade in! That includes the PlayStation 3D Display Bundle!
Promotion applies to titles with a minimum $8 trade value only.

Does this promo apply to pre-orders as well? I plan on using this for the Vita.[/QUOTE]

Yes this promo will work on the vita. I heard some ymmv stories but I have one preordered using this promo at my local eb games.

[quote name='Faytz']Yes this promo will work on the vita. I heard some ymmv stories but I have one preordered using this promo at my local eb games.[/QUOTE]

So, the promo lets your pre-order with the games, or did you pre-order before hand, and traded in the games with it?

[quote name='OmegaChaos']So, the promo lets your pre-order with the games, or did you pre-order before hand, and traded in the games with it?[/QUOTE]

I would guess they work with both... but for me I straight out used video games worth 8 or over to pay for the system. have about 175 dollars paid off at the moment.

[quote name='Faytz']I would guess they work with both... but for me I straight out used video games worth 8 or over to pay for the system. have about 175 dollars paid off at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I just did it today, traded in 6 games + used my credit. I have 104$ left to pay.

Recently, the last couple games I've pre-ordered doesn't ship until a couple days after release date. Infamous 2, Rage, Arkham City. Uncharted 3 didn't even ship so I decided to cancel my order and pick it up in-store four days later. Now, Assassin's Creed hasn't shipped yet either. Is this happening to anyone else?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Do you guys think stores are gonna do a black friday sale like last year? I could use any kind of percentage off games, about to buy Skyrim PC at Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]
It's possible but if we haven't heard anything by now then probably not. Boxing Day is our Black Friday essentially anyways.

Does anyone know the email you send a query to for EBGames? I want to email them, seeing how their customer service is always busy. I didn't get the pre-order bonus for UMvC3 seeing how they only had 1 copy for 360 for some reason.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Does anyone know the email you send a query to for EBGames? I want to email them, seeing how their customer service is always busy. I didn't get the pre-order bonus for UMvC3 seeing how they only had 1 copy for 360 for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Sigh ... I pre-ordered Deus Ex Human Revolution from EB solely because of their exclusive DLC bonus. It was my first pre-order experience with them and pretty poor. Anyway, try emailing this address. They fixed me up pretty quick. I sent off a basic text with a picture of my receipt and I got my code.

[email protected]

This question is for anyone who has used the Best Buy Reward Zone:

I have never used any points and today I checked the print certificate section and there was an option for a few certificates.

Do point automatically turn into certificates after a certain time? Are these mine to print and use whenever?

You get a $5 certificate any time you earn 400 points, they have an expiration date of like 3 months after being issued, it says on the thing you print. You can set it to only issue them after you build up $20 or another amount, I use $5.

Does anyone know if Best Buy/Futureshop take RE:Mercs 3D in as a trade in? I don't really touch it anymore.

Best Buy is doing something right, they shipped Zelda on Friday and I just checked my rewardzone balance, they already have the appropriate amount of points plus 800 pre-order bonus POSTED, not even pending. I'm used to online purchases not ever even showing up unless I call or email them to manually do it.

Can I use a Best Buy Reward Zone gift certificate for online purchases with in-store pick-up ? If so that would let me lock a price online then use the gift certificate during pick-up time when the actual payment is made.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Best Buy is doing something right, they shipped Zelda on Friday and I just checked my rewardzone balance, they already have the appropriate amount of points plus 800 pre-order bonus POSTED, not even pending. I'm used to online purchases not ever even showing up unless I call or email them to manually do it.[/QUOTE]
Same here!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Best Buy is doing something right, they shipped Zelda on Friday and I just checked my rewardzone balance, they already have the appropriate amount of points plus 800 pre-order bonus POSTED, not even pending. I'm used to online purchases not ever even showing up unless I call or email them to manually do it.[/QUOTE]
The shipping isn't really a shock. They shipped my SM3DL on Friday as well as Skyward Sword. The same thing happened to me with the reward zone points being added right away. THAT is a huge shock to me. Hopefully they fixed their stupid system to add online orders now but I'm not holding my breath.

I didn't mean them shipping on Friday was doing something right, although it definitely was. I was just showing how fast they added the points after shipping. I was pleasantly surprised they shipped Fri but I was somewhat shocked about the points not only being added without me hassling them but they were added fast and already posted.

Just wondering, what are the dates of these points added? I am not sure whether mine are added or not, None are dated Nov.15, but some are added on the 10 (and I have no idea what game this is etc).

If his are anything like mine then the date will be when you ORDERED the game and not the date it shipped. Because mine says September 4th. If you ordered earlier then yours probably won't show up.

[quote name='Shinn23']If his are anything like mine then the date will be when you ORDERED the game and not the date it shipped. Because mine says September 4th. If you ordered earlier then yours probably won't show up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll go check. I wish they just list what game each bonus point were for... a lot less confusion

Oh you are right. Ok then I guess I have all my points. Thanks

[quote name='Faytz']Just wondering, what are the dates of these points added? I am not sure whether mine are added or not, None are dated Nov.15, but some are added on the 10 (and I have no idea what game this is etc).[/QUOTE]
They don't show up in the history, I just counted the new points on the account and they made up the amount I should be given for Zelda plus 800 bonus. My certificate for the Zelda 800 points was available tonight, just printed it.

I think Best Buy might have actually fixed their stupid Reward Zone system for online orders. I got points for something I ordered online a couple days ago. Either this is a fluke or they finally fixed it after it being fucked to hell for years.

Good morning friends up North.

I have a quick questions about mailing items to Canada. If it is shipped by the United States Postal Service First Class Mail option we don't get tracking once it leaves the U.S. However i was wondering if once the item was ready to be delivered if the Canadian post makes any type of entry that the item was receivd and processed through customs, perhaps for fee/taxes purposes?

I am dealing with a scam buyer at the moment and was just trying to get more informaiton.

Thank you

[quote name='GBAstar']Good morning friends up North.

I have a quick questions about mailing items to Canada. If it is shipped by the United States Postal Service First Class Mail option we don't get tracking once it leaves the U.S. However i was wondering if once the item was ready to be delivered if the Canadian post makes any type of entry that the item was receivd and processed through customs, perhaps for fee/taxes purposes?

I am dealing with a scam buyer at the moment and was just trying to get more informaiton.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

As far as I know once it enters Canada there's no way to know what's being done to it. I receive packages from my wife in the states on a regular basis (mostly videogames and dvds). Last Christmas I had to deal with one package that I had suspected had been lost so I called the local Canada Post branch responsible for delivery in the area where I lived and gave them the info on the USPS receipt and they said they had no means of tracking this package since there was no tracking number. All they could do was check the package ID number to see if they had received it at their location. Luckily my stuff turned up ok after about over a month. I'd suggest you do the same and call the post office near where that scam buyer lives.

Good luck with the hunt!

bread's done
Back